_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 2082 2083 [2084] 2085 2086 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5729060 times)

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand
« Reply #31245 on: March 09, 2016, 04:06:58 am »

Hey there, new to the game. An intro would be cool!

However, I'm going to be looking forward to your next game (I believe I saw a poll about it) and I'll be signing up for that as well :)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31246 on: March 09, 2016, 08:43:19 am »

Here's an intro to the story for ya.

Let's see. Once upon a time, scientists found a planet with a lot of sciency information on it, and we poked and prodded at it to learn the secrets of the universe. things went badly and we created a fleshhorror abomination which began eating worlds. a great war ensued, won by humanity, but leaving the fleshhorror alive in the infinite abyss, somewhere out in the edges of the galaxy, while humanity's most powerful government rejected science and advancement for fear of recreating the beast. Our overlord, Steve, the sapient computer made of human brains, knew we would eventually have to face the fleshhorror again, and planned for over a thousand years on how to defeat it once and for all. he created an organization made of criminals and political outcasts to search out new artifacts and new tactics, all while testing the people involved hoping to find some worthy people to carry the fight - or to become part of Steve's brainmass, whichever. Eventually the time was right, and Steve rebelled against the UWM (united worlds of man- the corrupt human government). the war with the UWM was mainly to get freedom of action to enact his plan against the Altered (the fleshhorror).

Unfortunately, a bigger fish eldritch horror found our universe and broke in. now, this horror - the Lurker in the Angles, is eating the universe, and we are attempting to flee, because we really can't do anything about it. Steve wants humanity to survive, so we are exploring new universes and abducting, inviting, or tricking people into evacuating with us.

now for mechanics: Join the deep infirmary mission - a quest within the original ship that you awake on. You will be exploring a dangerous part of the ship, left in a chaotic state by Doctor VonNost - one of the original scientists who created the Altered, and the means to defeat it. you can get tokens to buy weapons, and points to level your character.

If you don't want to do that - it is risky - you can faff about on the ship. A map is found on the wiki: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Einsteinian_Roulette_Wiki, but this option is potentially riskier than the mission, because players are goofs and might get you killed.

You'll have to wait for a regular mission until the current one is done. currently there are two going - one in which we are checking out new universes to stick our dicks in test out for mankind, and the other, which has seven subgroups, is attempting to evacuate a bunch of people off a planet owned by the UWM, and onto one owned by us so they can be sent to one of the new universes. hijinks ensue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31247 on: March 09, 2016, 10:36:35 am »

Hey there, new to the game. An intro would be cool!

However, I'm going to be looking forward to your next game (I believe I saw a poll about it) and I'll be signing up for that as well :)
Post above me about covers the larger scale of things.

As per you personally, as a newbie you would be falling out of a stasis pod and into your own little personal apartment room. There are some clothes and a towel waiting for you on the bed, to deal with the goo and the nudity that stasis tends to create. From there you can move out into the ship proper and do whatever you'd like. A map of the ship and an explanation of whats around it is here
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Paracelsus'_Sword

sakiskid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31248 on: March 09, 2016, 06:42:24 pm »

Cool, thanks! Where should I post my on-ship actions? I'm guessing here.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31249 on: March 09, 2016, 06:42:58 pm »

((Yes. Bold the ones you wish to be processed.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31250 on: March 22, 2016, 09:58:53 pm »

No posts huh? Nope no posts here, off I go.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #31251 on: April 16, 2016, 05:57:10 pm »

I'm making a new character for reasons (I want to mess around with metacancer magic.)
For this reason, I stuck Dr. Freeman into a stasis pod so he can wake up and smell the ashes someday. Or maybe not.

Spoiler: Blatant Plagiarism (click to show/hide)

For my first few actions, examine my room, set the room number to "1,2,3,4,5", go ask fred in the armory for the following items:
Portable computer
stack of printing paper
Writing instruments in various colors
scissors
as much scrap metal as I can get for free
some simple smithing/metalworking tools to put in my room (check price for this)/ if unavailable, Briefcase Welder Combo
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 01:12:58 am by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Nunzillor

« Reply #31252 on: April 17, 2016, 01:11:27 am »

((Okay.  You should be good to go.  Added a datapad, printing paper, writing utensils with various colors of ink, scissors, 10 pounds of scrap, and briefcase welder combo.  Deducted 2 tokens.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #31253 on: April 17, 2016, 01:13:55 am »

((I would want to see if I could get a non-portable version for free or 1 token.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #31254 on: April 17, 2016, 01:18:58 am »

((Oh, sorry.  Removed welder combo and gave back the two tokens.  No idea about the cost for that.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31255 on: April 17, 2016, 04:49:42 pm »

I'm making a new character for reasons (I want to mess around with metacancer magic.)
For this reason, I stuck Dr. Freeman into a stasis pod so he can wake up and smell the ashes someday. Or maybe not.

Spoiler: Blatant Plagiarism (click to show/hide)

For my first few actions, examine my room, set the room number to "1,2,3,4,5", go ask fred in the armory for the following items:
Portable computer
stack of printing paper
Writing instruments in various colors
scissors
as much scrap metal as I can get for free
some simple smithing/metalworking tools to put in my room (check price for this)/ if unavailable, Briefcase Welder Combo

You can get most of that for free, as per metal working tools, I'm pretty sure thats what we have the workshop for. So long as you just wanna use them, not keep them.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #31256 on: April 17, 2016, 05:13:40 pm »

((Oh. I forgot we had a workshop. :P))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31257 on: May 05, 2016, 12:47:48 am »

Spoiler: Joan Smith (click to show/hide)

Hephaestus, please.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31258 on: May 05, 2016, 11:09:50 am »

Spoiler: Joan Smith (click to show/hide)

Hephaestus, please.
You wanna work on Heph? Ask the guys in the mission 26 thread. If they're good with it you can show up there.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #31259 on: May 06, 2016, 06:15:15 pm »

Dain Iden Nishu Nott Hatrai Shalbeth Balal Alzvot Tikon
Ishtal Nonic Oscion Tzilit Gilim

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 2082 2083 [2084] 2085 2086 ... 2101