_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5730012 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2012, 02:26:23 pm »

The MK III test goes badly because the "dummy" avoids your shot with his rocket pods and manages to get a few rocket assisted punches in before you exit and change the settings to "Passive". The bolos wrap around the Mk III suited man but it takes several seconds for them to cut through the exoskeleton system.
((Nice to see that aside from very mobile, the MkIII is also much more resistant than the cheaper ones.))

Milno decides to get a gauss rifle and check if the tracking allows for better shots (the +1 strength from the suit compensates the lack of 1 strength from my stats, I suppose). Afterwards, he summons an unarmed man in a MkIII suit moving quickly and tries the same.
(Technically a +1 from your suit actually comes out to a +15 points to the strength stat, so with that suit you actually have 18 strength right now.)
You summon up a gauss rifle and see if the motion tracker has some sort of synergy with it. Hmm, appears that the motion tracking is simply to highlight motion. Probably pretty useful if something is trying to hide from you, but not any good for helping you aim.

Bah, I've always considered those hand lasers useless. Well, perhaps, if I need to make a toast from a tiny xenos, it might come handy...
Still, the lasrifle seems much more interesting - perhaps, even mysterious in some way.
Field-strip and then disassemble the lasrifle completely; while doing so, try to reverse engineer whatever secrets hidden in its seemingly simple design - first of all, look for additional circuits and seemingly useless parts.
((well, why not? Not that I expect to really get anything out of it - but to get a reroll we need to go creative, right? Still, maybe that's not creative enough, though))
If I succeed don't fail too miserably in that, try doing the same thing to the gauss rifle.
You select the "Explode" option on the menu and he laser rifle expands until its nothing but a cloud of components hanging in mid air. [Intelligence roll:5+1] Hmm well this bit here looks like it controls intensity, this one here diffusion and his keypad here probably controls self destruct. Hmm.

You summon up and expand a gauss rifle, peering at it's components as they hover in mid air, faint lines pointing out how they're supposed to be connected. [int:1] It looks like...a pretty wind chime! YAY SHINY THINGS!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2012, 02:38:00 pm »

Milno proceeds to analyze the gauss gun.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2012, 03:34:00 pm »

Elisaz gives his new improvised weapons a few twirls in his hand. Satisfied, he steps out of the room, looking both ways down the corridor, hallway, or whatever was beyond it.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2012, 04:20:48 pm »

Thomas fires his leg servoes, launching himself into the air and the creature  into the ground.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2012, 04:24:56 pm »

Milno proceeds to analyze the gauss gun.
[int:3] Hmm well you remember the video talking about an "Overcharge", that must be this button here. Can't remember what it does though.

Elisaz gives his new improvised weapons a few twirls in his hand. Satisfied, he steps out of the room, looking both ways down the corridor, hallway, or whatever was beyond it.
You step out into another room, this one smaller then the last, not much more then an entry hall. A door to the outside is situated to the left of you. Through a window in the door you can see a ruined suburban street waiting outside. Everything is quiet so far. You can hear a stiff wind outside and dust blows in through the broken windows.

Thomas fires his leg servoes, launching himself into the air and the creature  into the ground.
[strength:2+2] You jump as best you can and manage to tear one foot free, but the other remains trapped. The bull's hide slides open and it releases another volley of bone shards. [end:6+2] The shards deflect harmlessly off your armor and a few even return to whence they came, impaling the bull. Unfortunately they also pierce into the area your foot is stuck in and make it harder to escape.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:29:04 pm by piecewise »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2012, 04:30:59 pm »

"AGGHHHHH!!!" "ALL MY RAGE!!!!" Thomas activates his sabre and begins a two handed assault, punching and slicing.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:08:39 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2012, 04:33:20 pm »

((So umm. Is the mission officially dead? Because I don't think the GM's decided to have anyone answer my distress signal :P It seems the OOC "on the ship" is getting all the attention now.))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2012, 04:34:08 pm »

((So umm. Is the mission officially dead? Because I don't think the GM's decided to have anyone answer my distress signal :P It seems the OOC "on the ship" is getting all the attention now.))
It's not dead until you are.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2012, 04:35:19 pm »

((Steve should send more people already.))

Milno presses the overcharge button and shoots at a dummy.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2012, 04:49:24 pm »

Yeeah, I always knew that these rifles were much better than that hand-sized toaster. Hmph. Well, I might've wanted to put a Gauss Rifle in my room to chime to my joy... but I don't have a room, just a bed in the barracks and, as it seems, other occupants would probably fuss too much over the chance of a spontaneous discharge, so bye-bye lovely chiming, I am going to use it only as a weapon. That's a tragedy, but I'll endure.

Try using the self-destruction feature of the lasrifle.
Try setting different intensity and diffusion levels against Mk I, Mk II and battlesuit wearers (no duels, just as standing fleshy dummies in tinker mode).
Then compare firing the gauss rifle normally and using the overcharge button at Mk I, Mk II and battlesuit wearers (tinker mode fleshy dummies).

((Also - I didn't find the lasrifle radio receiver module, mistook it for something else or ... it wasn't there?
One more thing: are gauss rifles capable of going auto (semi or full)?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2012, 06:24:45 pm »

Bishop was impressed. This thing had quite the cutting power behind it! Seven seconds to slice through a mk 3 suit, that was nothing to be sneezed at. And if it cut through completely, the rounds were reusable! Absolutely brilliant!

As he looked over the gun itself, a thought hit him; this could be a bit costly to make...

Check over the price to make the gun and 6 bolo's. See if I can reduce the weight and required mechanics of the launcher to lower the price and strength required to use it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2012, 06:34:17 pm »

Seven seconds
((He wrote several, not seven.))
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2012, 06:37:49 pm »

((Sounds like seven to me. In any case, it cuts through pretty damn good.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2012, 06:41:52 pm »

((I'd be glad to help.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2012, 09:47:01 pm »

The reason the mission is idling is because you are~. Also, this thread isn't OOC, it's just all the stuff thats not related to the mission so that people on the mission don't get buried.

"AGGHHHHH!!!" "ALL MY RAGE!!!!" Thomas activates his sabre and begins a two handed assault, punching and slicing.
[Conwep roll:5+2] [Strength:1+2] You take a swing at the creature, delivering a shallow blow to the creature's head, before swinging your sabre around and across the creature's flesh. Power buzzes across it's carapace and back out into you. [End:1+2] The electricity courses through you and your vision fades and distorts wildly before cutting to black. You blink your eyes, your eyes, not the eyes of the avatar. The emergency lights in your tomb deep within the Avatar's chest flick on and glow a dim red. "Damn it" you think, lifting your arm to type on the keys projected across the inside of the pod; you struggle against the countless cables embedded in your arm as you begin overriding things. You switch the feed from the direct neural interface to the screens in the pod. The entire wall in front of you blazes with static for an instant before becoming a feed of the outside.  You lay back in your chair and rest your cable bound arm on the arm rest.

"Fucking thing."

((Steve should send more people already.))

Milno presses the overcharge button and shoots at a dummy.
You press the overcharge button and pull the trigger. It doesn't do anything. The gun hums, the hum getting louder by the moment. After a few seconds it beeps. You aim the gun at the dummy again and fire. The recoil on the shot is much greater then normal, enough that the exoskeleton kicks in. The wooden dummy detonates into a haze of splinters. Oh my.

Yeeah, I always knew that these rifles were much better than that hand-sized toaster. Hmph. Well, I might've wanted to put a Gauss Rifle in my room to chime to my joy... but I don't have a room, just a bed in the barracks and, as it seems, other occupants would probably fuss too much over the chance of a spontaneous discharge, so bye-bye lovely chiming, I am going to use it only as a weapon. That's a tragedy, but I'll endure.

Try using the self-destruction feature of the lasrifle.
Try setting different intensity and diffusion levels against Mk I, Mk II and battlesuit wearers (no duels, just as standing fleshy dummies in tinker mode).
Then compare firing the gauss rifle normally and using the overcharge button at Mk I, Mk II and battlesuit wearers (tinker mode fleshy dummies).

((Also - I didn't find the lasrifle radio receiver module, mistook it for something else or ... it wasn't there?
One more thing: are gauss rifles capable of going auto (semi or full)?))
[intelligence roll:3] You tap away at the buttons but nothing seems to happen. Maybe you have to do something specific?
You fiddle with the intensity and diffusion on the laser rifle, testing them out on the various Mk suits. The higher intensity levels burn through the suits much faster and higher diffusion levels seem to be less effective at long range, but more effective at short. With a high intensity and high diffusion the rifle is practically a heat shotgun, burning billiard ball sized holes through the suits.

Next you test out the Gauss rifle, overcharged and normal charge. The Recoil of the normal charge knocks the gun straight out of your hands; the overcharge snaps your simulated collarbone. You turn off recoil simulation and try again.  The gauss rifle, under normal charge, blows nice fist sized holes in things. Overcharged it blows nice bowling ball sized holes in things.

((failed rolls often result in misinformation.You mistook the radio receiver for a detonator.))

Bishop was impressed. This thing had quite the cutting power behind it! Seven seconds to slice through a mk 3 suit, that was nothing to be sneezed at. And if it cut through completely, the rounds were reusable! Absolutely brilliant!

As he looked over the gun itself, a thought hit him; this could be a bit costly to make...

Check over the price to make the gun and 6 bolo's. See if I can reduce the weight and required mechanics of the launcher to lower the price and strength required to use it.

You pull up the price of the gun components. The gun itself looks to be about 10 token. The bolos themselves look to be about 1 token per pair, or 3 for a full load of 6.

You look at the rifle [int:5] It looks pretty bare bones as it is right now, taking anything out would weaken it or reduce it's efficiency.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 2101