_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733052 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Naked Pingpong
« Reply #7875 on: October 02, 2012, 09:21:25 am »

Jim nodded. "Of course I won't tell anyone. But... if you're really uncomfortable with other people possibly knowing it, I can wait for awhile." He investigated the picnic basket as he continued to speak. "I can't say I don't have my own insecurities. For example... Is it strange to say that, even without a face to cover, I still want my mask out in the real world? Come here, have a seat. It looks like we have... five or six sandwiches... I think this one's beef? I'm pretty sure that's what beef looks like, anyway... there's some condiments in here, yellow stuff and red stuff and chopped vegetables I think... some unlabeled blue cans, probably drinks..." he said as he pulled each item out of the basket.

"And I believe these two items are pieces of 'cake.' Here, pick whatever you'd like; I'll take what you don't want," Jim offered. He was still curious about Feyri's history, especially since she was being coy about it, but if she wanted to eat first he wouldn't press the issue.

(No problem, Tir. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

virotox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: October 02, 2012, 09:58:29 am »

Test each rifle at 100, 120 and 150 meters, then again with analog scope X10 for each rifle.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: October 02, 2012, 10:18:52 am »

((@GM: Great solution in my opinion.))

"Thanks."

Milno took the slip of paper and would leave if something hadn't been bothering him. Mostly about what he had heard about the armory master, that is.

"Did you ever take a solid hit during your life?" he asked, somewhat bluntly. Politesse wasn't exactly his forte and he didn't know how to sugar-coat the question. He was curious on how she had passed through so many missions without a scratch, when many died on their first one and others got through with permanent scars and missing limbs.

Ask.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: October 02, 2012, 10:39:32 am »

END REFERENCES. CONTINUE SAVING "PRINCESS". CONFIRM MASCULINITY.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: October 02, 2012, 11:24:37 am »

"I chose swords because of their great number of attack possibilities. They can be used against most others melee weapons. Swords are the basis of melee weaponry in my opinion. So, for me, it's better to start with swords and then pass to other types.

My speciality, for now, are katanas. I read a book about their usage written by a great master in the art of swordplay. The book of the five rings was the title and the AM suggested it."
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7880 on: October 02, 2012, 12:55:56 pm »

(That sounds good.)
Test time!  Set the suit to fry me for one minute before turning off the current.  See how much damage has been done.  If I'm dead, wait to see if and when I regenerate.
After that experiment, replicate it with ten second, thirty second, five minute and ten minute burns.  Note the effects.

10 seconds leaves you a bit crispy but fine. 30 seconds leaves you very blackened and emaciated because you dissolve your muscles to rebuild your limbs and guts, but still alive. A minute of exposure to extremely high electricity basically burns a charcoal path through most of your body and kills you dead because the poor robots don't know what to rebuild and end up trundling around, rebuilding then dissolving then rebuilding random things.
Try and stand up; if successful, ask Steve where I can test the new Amp without getting my life zapped out of me.
You get out of bed and talk to Steve.
>Try the VR machines.
I should... I should... hm, not sure what to do right now. I suppose it'll come to me eventually.
Analyze the structure and shape of this horrible creature. Make sure to memorize its intricacies. Oh, also don't get devoured.
((I would like to voice my approval for the preparation system. Realistic, makes sense and doesn't really negatively change anything already established, the very model of a good revision.))
[will:6-1]
You memorize what you can of the creature's body, the endless flesh and fangs, before you are suddenly hurled back to reality.
Test each rifle at 100, 120 and 150 meters, then again with analog scope X10 for each rifle.
A scope would basically take that +1 short range bonus and turn it into a +1 medium range bonus. So it would make hitting those targets easier.
((@GM: Great solution in my opinion.))

"Thanks."

Milno took the slip of paper and would leave if something hadn't been bothering him. Mostly about what he had heard about the armory master, that is.

"Did you ever take a solid hit during your life?" he asked, somewhat bluntly. Politesse wasn't exactly his forte and he didn't know how to sugar-coat the question. He was curious on how she had passed through so many missions without a scratch, when many died on their first one and others got through with permanent scars and missing limbs.

Ask.
"There was that time I got into a fight with a big guy named Brian in elementary school. He got me pretty good until I got myself a big hunk of wood with a nail or two in it."

END REFERENCES. CONTINUE SAVING "PRINCESS". CONFIRM MASCULINITY.
You wrap your arms around Sexual Deviancy Princess and begin confirming your masculinity right there on the floor.
"I chose swords because of their great number of attack possibilities. They can be used against most others melee weapons. Swords are the basis of melee weaponry in my opinion. So, for me, it's better to start with swords and then pass to other types.

My speciality, for now, are katanas. I read a book about their usage written by a great master in the art of swordplay. The book of the five rings was the title and the AM suggested it."

"No, not what made you chose that one, but what should dictate your weapon choice in the future, during a mission?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: October 02, 2012, 01:00:46 pm »

((Sorry Sorry Sorry...))

"...And I believe these two items are pieces of 'cake.' Here, pick whatever you'd like; I'll take what you don't want..."
The mood shifted, and Feyri picked out the condiments as she sat down alongside him.

"I remember the days where we constantly used these instead of the 'pastes'. A bottle of mustard -- that's the yellow one, and ketchup -- the red one. The former stuffed full of tangy flavor and the former of tomatoes! And that's beef, partly soft to the tongue and- well, chewy, I guess?..."

Feyri was surprised by the way she spoke, reminded of how such simple products were like alien entities to Jim who seemed to only see these now. She quieted down and glanced away, troubled at the moment.

What's wrong now? You were on a roll!
I've been a jerk.
Huh?
Complaining about the state of myself, my apparent death, whatever else happened to me... And look at Jim. He looks just like he was made, and doesn't even give a damn about how he currently is back in reality. All I'm seeing is what he was, but he's not even caring about it. The whole simulation is his, and even then...

I've been selfish, and overly conscientious for my own good. Death comes to us all, and here I still am avoiding this simple fact that I can't tell him.

Hell no would I let this chance stop me.

"Jim," she said, picking up part of the cake, "I'm sorry for earlier."

She moved her limp arm with the free hand, "Not this one, I'm pretty glad the duel went as it did. What I did mean was- my recent attitude. The Third mission and all. Ok, not that recent..."

She sighed, figuring that she was taking too much of his time. "Erm, would you like to get back to the real world or are you ok with right now? I feel like I'm going in circles and I usually talk a lot when the moment arises...I'm ok with my past though, if- you are."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7882 on: October 02, 2012, 01:06:19 pm »

The mood shifted, and Feyri picked out the condiments as she sat down alongside him.

((REMEMBER, LADIES: WHEN YOU'RE THROWING YOURSELF AT YOUR EMOTIONLESS ROBOT BEAU, ALWAYS REMEMBER TO HAVE THE CONDIMENTS HANDY!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: October 02, 2012, 01:08:51 pm »

((REMEMBER, LADIES: WHEN YOU'RE THROWING YOURSELF AT YOUR EMOTIONLESS ROBOT BEAU, ALWAYS REMEMBER TO HAVE THE CONDIMENTS HANDY!))
((I facepalm, Yoink. You know who you're talking about, right?))

@Post below:
((Have some cake, would you?  :P))
((??? I... I think so... Feyri and Jim, right?))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:13:15 pm by Tiruin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: October 02, 2012, 01:10:57 pm »

((??? I... I think so... Feyri and Jim, right?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: October 02, 2012, 01:18:40 pm »

Jim raised an eyebrow, although it was hidden by his mask. "The... third mission? That was the one where Bishop and I had the stupid idea to get me infected with some ridiculous alien soundwave, wasn't it?" He looked at the mustard and, after a moment's hesitation, applied it to the sandwich. "And you're apologizing a lot. It's OK, don't worry about it. I'm the one who passed the thing to you. If anything, I'm the one who should be apologizing. I was hallucinating and a danger to the mission and my teammates the entire time."

He sighed. "I'm just glad I didn't cause anyone any... irreparable damage. I still feel kinda bad about what I did to Mesk, though, even if it wasn't entirely my actions. And don't worry about wasting my time. Until Steve tells me to report to the briefing room, time is something I have an overabundance of. So, let's just hang out here. No one can overhear us, anyway. Well, maybe Steve, but that's no different than normal aboard this ship." He took a bite of the sandwich. Against all expectations, it was actually pretty good, and he had to make a conscious decision not to wolf the whole thing down.

"Enough about my screw-ups. You sound like you have a lot on your mind... want to talk about it?" he said.

(@Ninja Yoink: Jim's not emotionless, he just has no social skills and a very strong survival instinct. Big difference. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: October 02, 2012, 01:40:00 pm »

Back to Tinker, program the electrical burst to activate on the phrase "Go Go Gadget Electric Boogaloo" and automatically shut off after five seconds.
For no apparent reason, Mesk says to nobody "They were entirely your actions, Jim."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: October 02, 2012, 01:42:03 pm »

(I blame the dice on both occasions I snapped your spine! >.>)

virotox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7888 on: October 02, 2012, 01:59:00 pm »

(i thought we were talking about the laser rifle, or have the stats or the range tiers changed?)

(Edit: never mind. I looked.
Still, what are the current approximations for the tiers now?)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:03:40 pm by virotox »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: October 02, 2012, 02:17:30 pm »

Oh, by all the stars and their devourers! I must commit the image somewhere!
In a fit of pure creativity, storm over to armory, get painting supplies and canvas, make a painting of the Star Eater!
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 2101