_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733414 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Naked Pingpong
« Reply #7920 on: October 03, 2012, 09:24:39 am »

Get up. Take tube out of arse. Say something about that as well. Politely. Look around enough to find (any) pants and/or a (space) suit. Or a napkin. Wipe arse with napkin if necessary. If there's a door, walk out it.

"Uuurrrrrggghhhh. That was one of those benders I'd like to forget. Or do again. Fuck, I haven't fired my main cannon in all the time I was in that place. So, where the fuck am I?"

((Stop interrupting that thing we've all waited for. Get more tissues. Someone may need them))
It's a game. Have fun.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: October 03, 2012, 09:26:04 am »

Jim laughed quietly. "No, it's true, we never were taught that. We were always masked and the scientists thought... oh, wait. You were kidding, weren't you?" He facepalmed as he got it, still laughing at himself. "As for what I wanted to say... well... I like you, Feyri. More than I'm comfortable with and more than is proper between teammates. I wasn't sure how to say it. Words were never my strong point," said the zero-skill-in-speech Transhuman. Seeing her get comfortable on the grass, he laid down as well, facing her with a rather devious thought. He grinned. "But if you do feel the same and you don't mind, maybe you can teach me how to do that properly?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: October 03, 2012, 09:26:31 am »

You walk towards the VR machines, wandering down the halls, when you find something sitting in the center of a hallway.  It's a statuette of some kind, six inches high and oddly shaped, a swirling mass of spheres with segmented trails flowing behind them. It's just sitting there in the center of the hall with no one around.
((On one dramatic and sadistic hand, I want to say "go ahead and check it out", but on the other, more reasonable and gentle hand, I want to say "OH SHIT, IT'S TIMMY, RUN". Then again, if it's really Timmy, nobody is safe anyway.))

Head to the armory and show the Armory Master the painting. Ask her for her opinion on it.
"Greetings once more, ma'am. I made this work of art under the influence of some mind-altering alcohol. What do you think about it? I think I really managed to capture the essence of star-devouring monstrosities from people's nightmares."
Get a frame for the painting. Also get something with which to securely (as in making it difficult to remove) attach it to a wall in the rec room.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: October 03, 2012, 09:53:57 am »

Scream slightly. Remember to take the catheter out as well. After walking out the door. Cover self a bit or put on available clothes. Sort of cry about "main cannon usage".
It's a game. Have fun.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7924 on: October 03, 2012, 10:22:16 am »

Seeing no-one was about to give any sort of explanation as to just what was supposed to go on around here, Floki instead turned his mind to amusing himself. 'Place looks kinda fun, I guess. If you're armed, at least.'
He glanced up and down the room, lighting his eyes on a choice piece of furniture before lumbering over to it, face splitting in a grin. 'This here'll do nicely...'

>Scan room for possible materials from which to fashion makeshift weaponry. Liberate said materials from whatever purpose they currently serve and attempt to cobble them together into a club. Use kitchen utensils if necessary.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7925 on: October 03, 2012, 10:57:03 am »

((@sambojin: I think it's better if you put all actions in one post other than cluttering the thread up with multiple actions that seem nearly the same.

Also, your sheet hasn't yet been accepted by the GM so I'm guessing you have to wait.))

"But if you do feel the same and you don't mind, maybe you can teach me how to do that properly?"
"Well, 'properly' differs from person to person, if you get what I mean. Just- err, do it naturally, I suppose? I never thought of it in a 'correct or wrong' way, just how it comfortably felt."

Feyri wondered if what he was saying was what he meant.

"And if words aren't your strong points...show it by action. Though, if words weren't your strong points then I wonder what you are strong at. What you just said was stronger than any motivational tape or video I've ever seen!"
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:52:02 am by Tiruin »

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: October 03, 2012, 11:06:59 am »

The utility. The chance that I have to kill something in the mission with that. The weapon carried and not used is not a weapon, it is a burden that just makes things more difficult for the one who brought it, like lots of people when they discover the uselessness of their abilities.

And even if melee is very difficulty against ranged, it can do a lot more damage when used the right way. Using a melee weapons makes things more interesting than just "press this button and ka-boom"
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: October 03, 2012, 11:24:23 am »

Snap out of it. At the worst possible time.
"BEHOLD, MERE MORTALS! THE RITUAL OF THE GREAT DIVIDE CONTINUES, UNABETTED BY THE LEGIONS YOU HAV SENT TO ASSAIL OUR POSITION!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: October 03, 2012, 12:00:50 pm »

Milno rose an eyebrow. Twenty-five missions leading a team of assorted psychos and idiots was not something most people looked forward to. He couldn't care less about who led unless the team started to act in a way even more idiot than usual, which was the only reason he had decided to take command.

"Did your team lose any members during the missions you led? Also, have you ever had to execute any of them?"

Ask.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: October 03, 2012, 12:05:46 pm »

"Aw, my clever ruse failed," Jim complained, but with a smile on his face. "But if you want me to try again, then I'll do so."

Jim uses Intelligence to figure out the best way to kiss Feyri, then does so.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

virotox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: October 03, 2012, 01:52:04 pm »

Examine rifles. Price check on X10 scope and X20 scope.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: October 03, 2012, 03:34:32 pm »

"Aw, my clever ruse failed," Jim complained, but with a smile on his face. "But if you want me to try again, then I'll do so."

((I don't suppose a 1-1 is possible here))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7932 on: October 03, 2012, 03:40:35 pm »

"Always had to wait to see the Doc eh? Well, can you let me in? Or at least let him know I'm looking for him?"

Await answer. If answer is no, head to the Wrec room.

You realize, of course, that you could always send him a message yourself with your wristpad, right?

Back to Duel.  Wear my suit of electricity +5 and spawn a guy friendly to me.  Give the dude a hug.  Then activate the electroburst.
The electroburst seems to have a very unhelpful effect on the man, though it's not very helpful for you either.You regenerate but are left very tired and hungry.
Do a hand-stand for the AM.
[dex:4-2]
You fall face first onto the ground with a colossal thud.

"Are you not impressed?" You mumble, face down.
Faith sighed, hoping she'd made the right choice.

Financially, not morally, that was.

Well, maybe some exercise would help calm her down. Nothing she could do to harm or help, after all.

"Hey Steve," she said after a moment. "Has the Doctor had a lot of disciples?"

Punch speed bag for a while. Question Steve.
[dex:5+1]
You punch the bag for a bit till you get a bit overzealous and give it much too hard of a blow and end up throwing yourself off the rhythm.

>Ones that made it through the training or just ones that tried?

Gorat dozes a bit in front of the blank TV, mumbling an oddly specific bet for 3 tokens, then jolts up.

"Whoops. Must have fallen asleep. Is that a possible side effect of... er, amp overuse, Steve?"

Turn on the TV, zap through a few programs.
(Oh, yeah, I got that one already)
You flip through a few channels. Cartoons, News, some sort of sporting event involving several hundred men fighting on a field.
Sambo's Character Sheet.

Stats:
Strength: 5
Every other stat: 3.
"Just a normal bloke that's a bit stronger than he looks."

Skills:

Int: 1
Conventional weapons: 1
Unconventional weapons: 1
Auxillary: 1
Med-tech: 1
"A roustabout, handy, not stupid. Well, not entirely. Just human. Just. Fairly intuititive for a human. Even with a blowtorch for medical work. Humans know these things."

Quick bio: Sambo was a pretty normal army bloke. Trained hard, worked hard. No wars, enough pay. The best sort of army to be in. Then Sambo got bored. Then Sambo got drunk. Really, really drunk. Then he ran into some people. Then more people. Then through a wall. Then more people. Then the tank stopped. So he figured it was time to fire the cannon. The shell ran through 18 other walls at hyper-sonic speed, destroyed 4 ATM sites (auto-termination-machines, auxillery-turret-Masons, a tall man, and something else), wiping out everything with it's shockwave anywhere within 400 metres of the shell's path. Then it blew up.
14 hectares of fairly prime real-estate was now pretty sub-par. Rent's dropped. A lot.
Fortunately Sambo was one fucked up drunk commander of a heavy battle-tank. He only passed out.
Now he's here. How did that happen? Over 1,200 casualties and more dieing due to burns and high radiation. It made the news. People weren't happy.

Visual Character Description: however he wakes up out of stasis. Have fun.

Retcon sort-of: He's a Grunt. +1 to Conventional Weapons, -1 to speech. What else can tank commander's do? Auxilliary? That's a technician job. Repairs and stuff. Speech? No. "Fire now!" Kaboom. !!!!!! ?? "Fire again!" Kaboom-shanka!!!!!
"Well done crew."

Edit: forgot having any class what-so-ever.
Got it. Looks fine, go ahead and start screwing around on the ship.
(( Uh, better late than never: that's a beautiful decision on how to handle the dynamic bonuses. ))
With a slight jerk of his head Maurice awakened. "...molestation and murder... ...unacceptable...", huh? ...It seems Brother Lars's preaching is over, pity I don't remember how it ended.
Go to the caffeteria, get some (3-1-2-1) food.
((@sambojin Welcome to the HMR Corps! :) ))
You get a plate of meat, veggies and a drink with a side of dessert. That done, you sit down at one of the tables and start eating. Tastes...well it's food.
The sermon over, Lars says a benediction for the fallen.
[speech:1]
"Fuck those guys."
You walk towards the VR machines, wandering down the halls, when you find something sitting in the center of a hallway.  It's a statuette of some kind, six inches high and oddly shaped, a swirling mass of spheres with segmented trails flowing behind them. It's just sitting there in the center of the hall with no one around.
((On one dramatic and sadistic hand, I want to say "go ahead and check it out", but on the other, more reasonable and gentle hand, I want to say "OH SHIT, IT'S TIMMY, RUN". Then again, if it's really Timmy, nobody is safe anyway.))

Head to the armory and show the Armory Master the painting. Ask her for her opinion on it.
"Greetings once more, ma'am. I made this work of art under the influence of some mind-altering alcohol. What do you think about it? I think I really managed to capture the essence of star-devouring monstrosities from people's nightmares."
Get a frame for the painting. Also get something with which to securely (as in making it difficult to remove) attach it to a wall in the rec room.
As you walk toward the Armory you come across a man standing in the hall, looking at a statuette on the ground huh.
Scream slightly. Remember to take the catheter out as well. After walking out the door. Cover self a bit or put on available clothes. Sort of cry about "main cannon usage".
You-ahem- unplug yourself and grab some clothing before wandering out into the hall and screaming about "Firing the main cannon" and "A can of shrapnel laden woop-ass" .
Seeing no-one was about to give any sort of explanation as to just what was supposed to go on around here, Floki instead turned his mind to amusing himself. 'Place looks kinda fun, I guess. If you're armed, at least.'
He glanced up and down the room, lighting his eyes on a choice piece of furniture before lumbering over to it, face splitting in a grin. 'This here'll do nicely...'

>Scan room for possible materials from which to fashion makeshift weaponry. Liberate said materials from whatever purpose they currently serve and attempt to cobble them together into a club. Use kitchen utensils if necessary.
There are several possibilities: that shrine in the corner is made of bits of wood and metal, the kitchen has slices of counter top and washing machine, the tables in the mess hall,if you tore them apart, have large metal rods. Hmm.
The utility. The chance that I have to kill something in the mission with that. The weapon carried and not used is not a weapon, it is a burden that just makes things more difficult for the one who brought it, like lots of people when they discover the uselessness of their abilities.

And even if melee is very difficulty against ranged, it can do a lot more damage when used the right way. Using a melee weapons makes things more interesting than just "press this button and ka-boom"

"Situation should dictate your weapon. If you wish to survive you should not worry about what makes something more interesting, you should worry about what makes something most effective. Any techniques I teach you should be used only if the situation is such that they are the most advantageous. Charging into a gunfight with a sword is not only silly but purely disgraceful of what I will teach.

What I teach is not simply how to hit a man with a bit of sharp metal. I am teaching how to kill. The medium is unimportant, blade or bullet, whats important is the methodology."

The doctor thinks for a moment.

"Have you killed a man before?"
Snap out of it. At the worst possible time.
"BEHOLD, MERE MORTALS! THE RITUAL OF THE GREAT DIVIDE CONTINUES, UNABETTED BY THE LEGIONS YOU HAV SENT TO ASSAIL OUR POSITION!"
HNnnnNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG ahhhhh

Alright, thats done. Now then, where were you...oh thats right

You Flip May like a table and immediately begin screaming.
"HUMOROUS GIBBERISH!"
Milno rose an eyebrow. Twenty-five missions leading a team of assorted psychos and idiots was not something most people looked forward to. He couldn't care less about who led unless the team started to act in a way even more idiot than usual, which was the only reason he had decided to take command.

"Did your team lose any members during the missions you led? Also, have you ever had to execute any of them?"

Ask.

"Of course I lost members. Sometimes I sent them to their deaths knowing full well what would happen. I did what was needed to complete the mission with the least number of casualties, nothing more or less. And yes, I had to execute a few, mostly ones out of their minds or controlled by something else. But not all of them."

[int:3]
Uhhh...well it's hard to kiss someone without lips...or a face. You could probably just smoosh her face on your faceplate, but the best would probably be getting a synth-flesh body.
Examine rifles. Price check on X10 scope and X20 scope.
The differences between a normal rifle and the extra focusing chamber ones or just what they all look like? x10 scope is 2 token, the other is 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: October 03, 2012, 03:57:23 pm »

Search the materials list for something like the construction foam that won't let the wire just slice through it under its own weight.

((I just had an interesting idea for another character if Simus dies. So far, everyone seems to have been playing characters that come from a normal, one-gee environment. Who's to say that someone from, say, a 1/5-gee planet where artificial gravity is uncommon gets recruited.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: October 03, 2012, 04:02:45 pm »

Faith took a moment to regain her balance, then resumed.

"Uh, either I suppose. Is there that much of a dropout rate? Just because it's difficult or because they're not interested in learning all of it or what?"

Take quick break, then punch bag more. Continue asking Steve.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 2101