_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733912 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Naked Pingpong
« Reply #7995 on: October 04, 2012, 10:51:04 pm »

(Wow, i failed at sitting. But seriously an aux roll for sitting at a table?)
((No, no. You failed utterly at thinking about a solution, the table-trouble was just flavor for your character drooling without reaching a conclusion, I guess.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: October 04, 2012, 10:54:01 pm »

((Welp. At least things are interesting!))

Faith's expression turned to one of confused disapproval as she read the Doctor's message and heard Steve's reply. Not even an explanation, just... it happened.

Then she turned to figure out what that racket was, and noticed Maurice cutting a man's throat.

"What?!" she yelped, running over to the scene. The Maurice she knew was... not bloodthirsty. "M-Maurice? What just happened?!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

virotox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: October 04, 2012, 10:57:51 pm »

((No, no. You failed utterly at thinking about a solution, the table-trouble was just flavor for your character drooling without reaching a conclusion, I guess.))
(I know, but it's more funnier to think otherwise.)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: October 04, 2012, 10:59:54 pm »

(And i was thinking more this pose than the thinker.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Interestingly enough, my old avatar was a Gendo pose as well.

Also, new idea for lasers: Bump them into x-ray spectrum, and instead of being self-contained in a rifle, have a generator and the actual laser chamber in a back-mount, plus computer stuff (optional extras), then use fiber optics to redirect it into a rifle-like device consisting of focusing chambers, trigger and control mechanisms, and sights only. Using this, not only is there a power boost by climbing the EM spectrum, but you can pack more focusing chambers into a similar-sized rifle. Plus, generator powered, no batteries needed.))
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:17:30 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: October 04, 2012, 11:30:05 pm »

"Gurgleh, gurgle grah gurgle!"
Consarn it, didn't know it was that bad! Why does this always happen to me?
Try to slow the bleeding from my throat and make it flow somewhere other than down my trachea. Attempt to make my way to the infirmary. If I actually get there, get medical help. Alternatively, should anyone in the rec room feel like providing me with medical assistance, cooperate.
"Burble gharl *cough* gurgle!"
I'll clean the blood up later, I promise!
((That painting is amazing! Definitely a keeper, that one. Also, what did the whole scene look like to Stacy?))
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:52:44 pm by Harry Baldman »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: October 04, 2012, 11:35:40 pm »

"Oh goodie. Last time someone said come alone, I wound up a hundred miles out at sea, in a rusty bathtub. Fun times. Least they left me a beacon."

Ignore previous incident, enter the back and find the nurse.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8001 on: October 05, 2012, 12:23:01 am »

"Try to find someone and make a family..."

Jim closed his eyes at those words. He couldn't be a father to anyone, regardless of his current state. He had read the files, as he had told her; all of the clones in each generation were sterile. He had lost his body anyway... and then there was the mental side of things. He was created and taught only to fight and follow his commander's orders. He didn't know anything about how the world actually worked, didn't have any life experiences to share, didn't really know how to relate to normal people. How could he be a husband or raise a child? He was afraid to touch people in his current body; even holding back while sparring he had injured Feyri. The damage he might accidentally do to people during the usual daily mundane activities...

Might as well face it, Jim: you don't have a place outside of war. "You'll be all right, Feyri. I'll look out for you for as long as I'm able. I guess my own plans for the future... if I survive ten, I'll probably enlist in the military or a mercenary outfit. Maybe even go back to Spectrum Corporation and be a combat instructor for whatever generation they're on now. ...And if there's nothing else, I can always enlist for another ten missions."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: October 05, 2012, 12:27:02 am »

LAY THE EGGS AND LET MY SPAWN RULE THE UNIVERSE.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: October 05, 2012, 12:55:00 am »

...And if there's nothing else, I can always enlist for another ten missions."

As Jim finished, Fey couldn't help but see the subtle shift of emotions on Jim's face, new as it was to her view. Hey eyes widened as she remembered his current state in reality. Especially...after what they had just discussed.

Bad choice of words there, Fey...

His words, though, were not what she expected when he replied, diverting from whichever he must've thought earlier. She hoped she had the right idea this time.

"There's always something out there for everyone, Jim. Even though you've lost most of what you are, I can still see you as much as you are right now. My sister once told me that hidden surprises await us in every path of life that we take, no matter the current situation. Like in the first mission where you saved all of us with your presence."

She shifted nervously as the last line was said, sitting up. Perhaps continuing this topic wasn't a feasible idea.

"We all learn anyway, Jim. It's not like you can limit yourself..."

Wait, no! Wrong word!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: October 05, 2012, 01:00:55 am »

No time to explain, Faith. Quick, help me get him to the infirmary.
Drop the bloodied Instrument and take Stacy to the infirmary.
What. Did. I. Damn. It. Do?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: October 05, 2012, 01:07:49 am »

((Insane rage-inducing painting: Check.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: October 05, 2012, 01:39:11 am »

Jim raised an eyebrow. "...I didn't accomplish anything in that first mission except prove why generation four was a necessary improvement..." he said. "I didn't pay attention to the difference between that environment and Earth standard. As a result, I made a mistake - overestimating how much gravity there was - and I died. The only thing I accomplished was getting a hole blown in the wall so the four of you had an easier way into the base."

He sighed and looked at the sky. "I don't hold any illusions about who I am. I'm not a success story. I died less than fifteen minutes into my first real mission. I may have killed that psychotic cyborg in my second, but the initial team sent in on it had already done most of the work. In my third I was a danger to the team and came very close to killing Mesk several times. My fourth mission ended in failure. I don't exactly have a great track record so far, and I've yet to really do anything to help out or contribute on a mission."

He sat up as well, drawing his knees up and resting his elbows on them, holding his gasmask so it was facing him and looking at his reflection in the mirrored lenses. "I'm going to do better, though. I have to. When I'm out on the field, people are relying on me, and I'm not going to hold anyone back."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: October 05, 2012, 02:01:48 am »

"Urrrggghhh. What the hell was that? Damn, just when I was getting started."

Save current setup, exit VR machine, walk over to bleeding man.

"What the fuck happened to you?"

Edit: Probably best to read the below as "Assist Maurice".

((but I still get first dibs if he dies)).

Cover bleeding man's thoat with hand. Use my medical skills to stop him dieing for now. Squeeze slight harder than necessary to stop blood flowing out of wound, choking him to just beyond the point of unconsciousness. Drag man by head and throat to where the sign said medical bay was. Enter medical bay/knock on door.

"Hey doc, someone got their throat fucked up. Could you help him?"

If there's no answer, begin looting unconscious body.

Edit: didn't update page before posting. Now assisting Maurice in medical work, while choking/helping Stacy. Then, let the looting begin.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:11:38 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: October 05, 2012, 02:03:37 am »

((First dibs on whatever was on them. Is Stacy a girl or a guy?))
It's a game. Have fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: October 05, 2012, 02:07:03 am »

((First dibs on whatever was on them. Is Stacy a girl or a guy?))
((He's male. And you're looting an UNCONSCIOUS BODY FOR NOT ANSWERING IN THE INFIRMARY?!

Also...if you're trying to kill him by loss of blood flow to the brain to initiate loss of consciousness...well.))

Edit: *facepalm*

Well, you did save the whole team in the first mission...But-

Feyri looked back at the picnic area nearby, seeing the unfinished food and turned back to face Jim, tapping him on the shoulder.

"You aren't a success story. I'm not either, but we're both in the HMRC to prove that we're worth something, eh?"

She smiled as she moved closer to him, leaning just enough to see her reflection right next to his.

"That hole in the wall gave us all a safe passage through, without it I feared we had to take another unconventional route, until we'd be blasted by the very towers that-...erm, but still! You acted as an...aid in your state there. I- used your body as a slide though, but it made all the difference..."

Her tone was a mixture of cheerful notes and indecision. "And I can say that you've done good. Reading the logs, you didn't kill Mesk, but you were crucial to the team's success. You contained whatever was that thing before we could leave in peace...that takes a lot of will. I know it, seeing as it was in me until it returned home."

She lowered his gasmask slowly and shifted beside him to get his attention, looking him right in the eye. "You're as important as anyone in the team and no failure can make up for every success that you make, is what I say. We're here, we're alive. We can still do what the dead can't."

She smiled. "We may be failures, but we fail enough to make others succeed. And when we go on the next mission, it's all going to change. I know it will happen!"
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:12:06 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 2101