_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686796 times)

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 02:42:08 pm »

Can I have a textbook?
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 02:52:45 pm »

Scout around the room, taking every single little detail to my eye.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 04:44:52 pm »

"Oh-No! Not my cloak!" Thomas said half-mockingly. He then swings for the head with his tesla saber.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 05:05:23 pm »

Milno considers the possibility of a heat-resistant gel-like substance to be applied on the metallic surface of the rockets or between the armor plating in such a way that when a pod is punctured, the gel expands and "plugs" the hole almost instantly. He also considers how to create the ejection system, but thinking about offensive applications.
You plug in your idea about sealing gel and run a simulation. The rocket pod detonates just as readily. You run it back in slow motion. The problem isn't that the fuel is escaping from the pod, it's that when punctured the fuel inside the pod ignites and transforms the pod into a rocket fuel pipe bomb. Hmm.

You look at the possibilities of an ejection system. [intelligence roll:4] An ejection system would be rather easy, depending on how it would function. It would be as simple as severing the connection to the suit and letting the thrust of the rocket take it away, but that would be far from optimal in terms of offensive use. It might be possible to disconnect it and then plant it as a time delayed or remote bomb, though you're not sure what the explosive force of that would be.

Can I have a textbook?
"It may come as a surprise to you, but most of the people here aren't really the type to use text books. I have a few, but they're nothing great. Keeping track of history when time dilation as scattered the human race across several hundred years of progress is a bit hard. I have one on general history, and others on the histories of specific planets."

Scout around the room, taking every single little detail to my eye.
You look around. Looks like the tv room of what must be a terrestrial home. There are a few burnt pieces of furniture, a molding rug, a stand where the tv once sat, a row of bookshelves supporting the gray and ashy remains of books, and two broken out windows. Judging from what you can see outside you're on the ground floor. Doesn't look like there's anything around here thats easily usable as weapon or that would protect you from a bullet. 

"Oh-No! Not my cloak!" Thomas said half-mockingly. He then swings for the head with his tesla saber.
You run toward the pesky thing,[end roll:5+2] its boney machine gun fire clinking off your armor uselessly as you do. You activate the tesla sabre a few steps away from it and then bring down a vertical slash to the creature's face in mid stride. [unconwep:5+1] Your blade hisses down through the creature's face and you stumble with the force you put into it [dex roll:2+1] falling to your knees and sliding to a stop just behind it. You turn your head and see that the creature appears unhurt, current arcing over its hide but not doing damage.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 05:06:48 pm »

General please

I'll go to the rec room and read up
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 05:13:33 pm »

"Ahh. I see how it works." Thomas grumbled, annoyed "Oh, I'm lightning immune look at me!" He mocked the bull creature mercilessly, then shot it with a coilgun.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 05:25:13 pm »

Try to assess the damage done to the head.

... Now that was quite a shock. Good to know these neural implants work as intended (and, perhaps, even better than that). Hmmm, it seems I've got some idea lingering from before passing out - ah, yes.

By the way, Steve - how old are the 'Corps (absolute time if possible)? How old are you, Steve (subjective time would be okay)?  And how many comrades have already survived through ten missions and safely resigned?
And how many poor souls have not made through these ten circles of hell?
Oh, and also, concerning that old piece of text: is it, by any chance, you who is waiting for us as the tenth circle of hazardousness?
*a bit nervous, but nevertheless ironic chuckle*

Go to the armory and ask for the video about armor/spacesuits. Also, inquire if there are any videos about the known alien species.
One more thing, Steve - is it possible to get (yeah, spawn) test subjects in the tinker setting of VR? Such as animals, humans wearing suits, or... the xenos?

((Also, some time ago I've watched the video about general history and you mentioned there being the usual propaganda - could you give some examples? It might really help to RP my character to know such stuff and be able to use in arguements.
Well, yes, I understand, 'our regime is the best', 'the magisters care about the people' and 'only the magisters stand between the society and its certain doom by the hands of aliens and mutants' - but, perhaps, there are some more specific things to mention? Such as 'magisters personally fighting the xenos from the front' or 'magister X saved the sick child by paying for the operation' or something like that))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 05:37:21 pm »

((@Nikitian: Your character may be killed in his sleep for all that praise to a totalitarian government.))

Milno frowns and tries a substitute to the gel for something able to prevent the heat from igniting the fuel in the same way as the metal protection. If unsucessful, which is almost certainly what will happen, just try to create a fast and automatic ejection system.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 05:52:49 pm »

((@Nikitian: Your character may be killed in his sleep for all that praise to a totalitarian government.))
((I guess  that'd be his own problem, for it's just too much fun to take the propaganda for the face value - nay, I say, not due to the lack of brains, but because of 'seeing the truth behind these seemingly false statements'. What do you want? That's how the fanatic's brain works ;- )
Also, why kill him in sleep (which probably implies him being on board), if he's quite content with 'dying a heroic death in action' (bite the bullet out of sheer stupidity, I say), which makes him an ideal meatshield on a mission?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 06:18:34 pm »

((I'm not saying I'd the one to do it, I actually meant that if the ship had acting NPC convicts, that would happen, since no PC would try to kill another one without a very good reason. Milno would all be the more satisfied to have the fanatic in the next mission as a voluntary absorber of enemy attacks. For the Magisters, of course.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 07:05:32 pm »

Elisaz looked around, smiling slightly. He could already feel excitement and tension coursing through his veins like back in the old days. He stuck low to the ground, crawling over to the furniture.

See if I can break any of the legs off of the furniture to use as tools.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 09:42:57 pm »

Feyri exits her trance, and tries to learn something from all that time.

Afterwards, she proceeds to the Briefing room and gets that blue pill, which she left there earlier.

And then, goes off to the briefing room, to check on the status of those below, in the mission.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 09:50:17 pm »

Scratching his chin, Bishop decided to try out two methods: Have the winders activate when the filament has been tugged to release a catch on the winders, or have a manual trigger on the weapon which would send a wireless signal to the winders, like a detonator.

Try both methods and see what works better. Try using an auto-release catch which triggers when the filament is pulled to a certain extent and activates the winders. If that doesn't work, install a wireless activator on the winches and a trigger for it on the weapon in a suitable place so you won't accidentally press it easily. Try to think about some fallback safeties that I could install for this nasty thing. Then give this thing a test run!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 11:32:17 pm »

General please

I'll go to the rec room and read up
You grab the book from the armory master and return to the rec room, stretching out on the sofa to read. You figure it will take a while. You skip through the first couple chapters detailing ancient history, and up to the chapter titled "Colonization of the solar system", and start reading.

The chapter talks about how mankind spread to various planets within the solar system, mostly a lot of moons and the occasional asteroid. For several hundred years they basically were stuck within the solar system until the discovery of something called the Hensbeck effect which allowed ships to move instantaneously from certain places in space to others. This allowed for the colonization of the stars.

"Ahh. I see how it works." Thomas grumbled, annoyed "Oh, I'm lightning immune look at me!" He mocked the bull creature mercilessly, then shot it with a coilgun.
[Dex:1+1] You raise your hand to fire when the bull charges, slamming into you. [end roll:2+1] You can feel your armor strain and bend beneath the dozen horns of creature, its great legs straining to push it forward. [strength:1+2] You grab the creature's head and dig your feet in; you both struggle in brutal stalemate, trying to push the other away.

"You're getting rather annoying." You mutter as you shift your hand to the center of the creature's head, laying the barrel of the coil gun directly on the boney hide and firing. [1+2] The creature grunts and shutters as you fire several rounds into it, blood pouring out of under your crushing grip, but never stops pushing.

Try to assess the damage done to the head.

... Now that was quite a shock. Good to know these neural implants work as intended (and, perhaps, even better than that). Hmmm, it seems I've got some idea lingering from before passing out - ah, yes.

By the way, Steve - how old are the 'Corps (absolute time if possible)? How old are you, Steve (subjective time would be okay)?  And how many comrades have already survived through ten missions and safely resigned?
And how many poor souls have not made through these ten circles of hell?
Oh, and also, concerning that old piece of text: is it, by any chance, you who is waiting for us as the tenth circle of hazardousness?
*a bit nervous, but nevertheless ironic chuckle*

Go to the armory and ask for the video about armor/spacesuits. Also, inquire if there are any videos about the known alien species.
One more thing, Steve - is it possible to get (yeah, spawn) test subjects in the tinker setting of VR? Such as animals, humans wearing suits, or... the xenos?

((Also, some time ago I've watched the video about general history and you mentioned there being the usual propaganda - could you give some examples? It might really help to RP my character to know such stuff and be able to use in arguements.
Well, yes, I understand, 'our regime is the best', 'the magisters care about the people' and 'only the magisters stand between the society and its certain doom by the hands of aliens and mutants' - but, perhaps, there are some more specific things to mention? Such as 'magisters personally fighting the xenos from the front' or 'magister X saved the sick child by paying for the operation' or something like that))
You rub your forehead. You'll have a welt, but you'll be alright.

You head to the armory and get the video about suits. You ask about something with information on aliens.
"I got stuff but it's all way out of date; 120 years, give or take. Time dilation and all. Check the net, it's much more up to date."
> The corps itself is roughly 800 years old, along with most of the current military organizations. All left overs from the Altered wars and the creation of the Magistars system. As per how old I am, oh, about 150 years old, objective time. As per how many people survive and die, I can't tell you exactly, but the average survival rate per mission is 20%. So, on average, 1 of the 5 members of a team will survive. Now, extrapolate that up through ten missions and I believe you have a 1.024 chance in 10,000,000 of surviving to the end. A few have beaten the odds but you would have had better odds if you just played the lottery.

> Sure, you can spawn them in there. But you'd be better off testing things on each other in duel or the other programs. Target dummies don't fight back.

((As per the propaganda, it would be more focused on how the Magistars brought order to the scattered nations and planets of man, united them against the altered threat and saved humanity; and how they'll continue to do the same thing against any xeno or internal enemy force.They're a bit to aloof to stoop to the normal politician antics.))

Milno frowns and tries a substitute to the gel for something able to prevent the heat from igniting the fuel in the same way as the metal protection. If unsucessful, which is almost certainly what will happen, just try to create a fast and automatic ejection system.
[intelligence roll:5] Hmm. It would be possible to use some sort of automated field manipulator to snuff out any sort of dangerous heat or kinetic energy. Combine that with the gel and the pods would be as safe as giant tanks of fuel can be. Of course, such things wouldn't be cheap...

Elisaz looked around, smiling slightly. He could already feel excitement and tension coursing through his veins like back in the old days. He stuck low to the ground, crawling over to the furniture.

See if I can break any of the legs off of the furniture to use as tools.
You look for the tallest piece of furniture and select an end table perched on 5 metal legs. You quietly turn the end table over and examine how the legs are put on. Welded, but cheaply. [strength:2] You struggle to wrench one of the table legs free but fail to get it off.

Feyri exits her trance, and tries to learn something from all that time.

Afterwards, she proceeds to the Briefing room and gets that blue pill, which she left there earlier.

And then, goes off to the briefing room, to check on the status of those below, in the mission.

[Feyri General silliness roll:5] Your meditation has granted you the ability to always win at prize grabber machines.

You head to the briefing room and grab the pill you left there. You then spin in circles a bit before taking a look at the holoscreen. It shows a 404 error. Oh dear.

Scratching his chin, Bishop decided to try out two methods: Have the winders activate when the filament has been tugged to release a catch on the winders, or have a manual trigger on the weapon which would send a wireless signal to the winders, like a detonator.

Try both methods and see what works better. Try using an auto-release catch which triggers when the filament is pulled to a certain extent and activates the winders. If that doesn't work, install a wireless activator on the winches and a trigger for it on the weapon in a suitable place so you won't accidentally press it easily. Try to think about some fallback safeties that I could install for this nasty thing. Then give this thing a test run!

You fiddle with the winching mechanisms, installing a release mechanism to start the winch when the filament is tugged with sufficient force. You take shot with the new round. It works just fine, winding tightly. You fire again and this time the winches activate almost immediately after firing, triggered by the force of the halves separating. You fire a few more times. It seems hit and miss, random at best, if the winches work correctly. You fiddle with the force needed to activate them but the results remain unstable. The force it too variable.

You scrap the automatic trigger and install a radio controlled one, putting the activation and deactivation buttons on the top of the gun where they wouldn't accidentally be wacked while aiming or firing. Hmm what kind of safety features should it have...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 11:49:33 pm »

Milno checks both how much in tokens it would cost for the automatic field manipulator solution and also for the ejection system one.

After that, he starts to examine the MkIII, searching for any "hidden" features.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 2101