_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686968 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 12:21:36 am »

Bishop thought for a moment, and then the idea hit him. Why not just integrate the saftey into the grip?

Integrate the sender into the forgrip and add a second button on the side opposite of the activation buttons which must be held to activate the winches. Test it out to see viability and save my file. If the whole thing works fine, give it a shot in duel with a normal Mark I suit against a standard unarmed, but suited marine.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 12:27:55 am »

"Bam! Skyhigh backdrop!" Thomas yells, throwing the creature into the air. As it goes up, he jumps, latching onto it and bringing his weight into it's head first fall as well.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 01:44:19 am »

Milno checks both how much in tokens it would cost for the automatic field manipulator solution and also for the ejection system one.

After that, he starts to examine the MkIII, searching for any "hidden" features.

You punch up the requirements for the field manipulator and the computer takes a moment to think, probably talking to a computer in the Research section of the ship, asking how much a custom job like that would be worth. It comes back a moment later with a cost of 5 token per field manipulator. Ouch.

The ejection system seems relatively cheap though, just a few sensors, some some circuitry and a enough explosive to sever the pod. 2 token for the whole thing.

You take a look at the Mk III, trying to determine if it has any unlisted features. [intelligence roll:4] Hmm. It has a motion tracking system synced to the HUD, and an ammo counter. Oh, and a "buzz" mode, which uses the rockets and the onboard computer to keep the suit a few inches above the ground, letting the user zip around at high speed without having to worry about flying and being vulnerable.

Bishop thought for a moment, and then the idea hit him. Why not just integrate the saftey into the grip?

Integrate the sender into the forgrip and add a second button on the side opposite of the activation buttons which must be held to activate the winches. Test it out to see viability and save my file. If the whole thing works fine, give it a shot in duel with a normal Mark I suit against a standard unarmed, but suited marine.
You rearrange the activation buttons, placing them on the foregrip and arranging it so that both need to be pressed before the bolo will retract. You test it out on a dummy, firing the shell and activating the winches as soon as you hear the balls clink into each other. The thing tightens for several seconds before the filaments break. You examine the metal dummy and find a very very very fine cut running around it and several inches deep. Niiiice. You save the project and exit out to the menu, select Duel and then load up the file. You plug in "Unarmed man. MK I suit" and "Clean" and the world transforms into that of a blank and endless space with a single, unarmed man in a Mk I suit about 10 meters away. He immediately charges at you. [Con wep:5] You fire, the bolo nothing but a glint of two silvery hemispheres till it contacts the man and wraps around, the impact forces already forcing the filament through is suit, slicing into the flesh beneath. You press the winch button and the man is cut like a hot wire through warm butter, falling in half a moment later. The Bolo winches back shut into its original configuration, apparently ready to use again.

"Bam! Skyhigh backdrop!" Thomas yells, throwing the creature into the air. As it goes up, he jumps, latching onto it and bringing his weight into it's head first fall as well.

[Strength roll:5+2] You grab the charging creature by the largest horns you can find, jerk it's head to the side and then whip it to the ground and back into the air. [Dex:1+1] You jump to grab the airborne creature but overshoot and land behind it as it slams into the ground and struggles to right itself.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 02:10:46 am »

"And now for the backdrop!" Thomas leapt onto the beast, and performed the chrusher back flip.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 02:27:34 am »

((Holy bejesus...))

Back in reality, an actual tear ran down bishop's face as he lifted a gloved hand to wipe it away, a large grin on his face.

"It's... Beautiful..."

Drag the top half over to the ball and drop a hand onto it to see if there's any filaments still on the outside. Then go back into tinker and strengthen the filaments and test it out on flesh dummies in mark 2 and 3 suits, as well as a battle suit and the leg of a avatar of war. Put this thing through its paces!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2012, 06:24:44 am »

Watch the video about suits, then return it to the armory.
Looks like high time to get serious.
After that, head for VR units and open 'tinker'. Get a hand laser, a lasrifle, a gauss rifle, and a microwave amp. Try and find out their hidden features.

((I'm not saying I'd the one to do it, I actually meant that if the ship had acting NPC convicts, that would happen, since no PC would try to kill another one without a very good reason. Milno would all be the more satisfied to have the fanatic in the next mission as a voluntary absorber of enemy attacks. For the Magisters, of course.))
((Well, yeah, that kinda makes sense. Thanks for pointing out to the NPC convicts, I really didn't think of those.))

((Also, just got the idea - 'Cutting Laser' could take a nice shortened name of 'cutlas(s)'  ;)
However, how would you suggest shortening a 'Gauss Rifle'? I can't think of anything good as of now))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2012, 06:50:06 am »

Sigh and retry.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 06:55:18 am »

Milno grinned. The "buzz" mode was exactly what he was looking for...

Summon a Tesla Sabre and check what the small buttons/switches/things at the hilt do when pressed. Summon a laser rifle as well, check for any other hidden feature on both weapons then change modes to duel, summon a running, unarmed man in a MkII and check what exactly the motion tracking device of the MkIII suit does.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:40:20 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2012, 08:18:05 am »

"A briefing screen with a 404 error.

Huh.

Well, at least I know nothing is currently wrong with our away team."

Examine Tesla Sabre again. The knobs I've found earlier at the hilt. How do they work.

Or go ask the Armory Master about it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 01:17:32 pm »

"A briefing screen with a 404 error.

Huh.

Well, at least I know nothing is currently wrong with our away team."

Examine Tesla Sabre again. The knobs I've found earlier at the hilt. How do they work.

Or go ask the Armory Master about it.

You look at the tesla sabre again, specifically at the little knobs on the hilt. [Intuition roll:1+1] You can't even guess what they do. You shrug and decide to ask the armory master. You walk off to the armory and place the sabre down on the counter in front of her.

"What do those knobs do?"

"Why don't you try actually turning one?"

Milno grinned. The "buzz" mode was exactly what he was looking for...

Summon a Tesla Sabre and check what the small buttons/switches/things at the hilt do when pressed. Summon a laser rifle as well, check for any other hidden feature on both weapons then change modes to duel, summon a running, unarmed man in a MkII and check what exactly the motion tracking device of the MkIII suit does.

You summon up a tesla sabre and examine it, trying to remember what the video said about the little dials on the bottom. [Intelligence roll:4] You remember that this one controlled the length of the blade, but you've forgotten what the other one does. You banish the tesla sabre with a flick of your wrist and bring up a laser rifle, examining it for any sort of hidden features. [Intelligence roll:5] Well, this dial here sets the intensity of the laser from x1 to x10, of course it drains the battery faster on higher settings. And this dial here, sets the diffraction rate, it's set at the highest setting by default. And this, this keypad here, lets you program in a radio frequency so you can have the rifle fire remotely.

You return to the main menu and choose "duel", typing in "Unarmed man. Mk II suit. Running away." and selecting a Mk III suit for yourself. As the man legs it away from you the HUD highlights his movement with a blinking red and yellow aura.

Sigh and retry.
[Strength:6] You plant your foot on the table and give the leg a yank with both hands. It comes free with unexpected ease and the force of your yank brings it straight into your face. [end:5] The metal rod bounces off your face with absolutely no effect. You're a god damn man of steel.

Watch the video about suits, then return it to the armory.
Looks like high time to get serious.
After that, head for VR units and open 'tinker'. Get a hand laser, a lasrifle, a gauss rifle, and a microwave amp. Try and find out their hidden features.

((I'm not saying I'd the one to do it, I actually meant that if the ship had acting NPC convicts, that would happen, since no PC would try to kill another one without a very good reason. Milno would all be the more satisfied to have the fanatic in the next mission as a voluntary absorber of enemy attacks. For the Magisters, of course.))
((Well, yeah, that kinda makes sense. Thanks for pointing out to the NPC convicts, I really didn't think of those.))

((Also, just got the idea - 'Cutting Laser' could take a nice shortened name of 'cutlas(s)'  ;)
However, how would you suggest shortening a 'Gauss Rifle'? I can't think of anything good as of now))
You watch the video about suits and feel exponentially less safe in the one you've been given.
(+1 to handiwork related to suits.)
After returning the video card you head to the rec room and flop down in the VR machine. You open up tinker and summon up a few weapons.

You look at the hand laser. [Intelligence roll:1] You're pretty sure it's used to make toast. Yep.

You look at the laser rifle. [int:2] You can't remember a damn thing about this.

You look at the Gauss Rifle. [int:3] Hmm, well this button here is for overcharging it.

You look at the Microwave amp. [int:5] This one doesn't seem to have any inherent secret functions. The video just said that the "Secret" of the Amps was usually figuring out unique ways to use them.

((Holy bejesus...))

Back in reality, an actual tear ran down bishop's face as he lifted a gloved hand to wipe it away, a large grin on his face.

"It's... Beautiful..."

Drag the top half over to the ball and drop a hand onto it to see if there's any filaments still on the outside. Then go back into tinker and strengthen the filaments and test it out on flesh dummies in mark 2 and 3 suits, as well as a battle suit and the leg of a avatar of war. Put this thing through its paces!
You examine the spent shell, poking at it with the corpse's hand. When none of his fingers fall of you guess that it's safe. You exit out and head back to tinker, opening the plan of the Bolo gun. You select the filaments and switch the current ones out for thicker, more resistant ones. They won't cut quite as well, but they're much more durable and easier to work with by hand, what with being the thickness of a hair, rather then the practically invisible thread of before. With that done you switch back to Duel.

You test it on a Mk II suited man; it cuts through just like the Mk I. The MK III test goes badly because the "dummy" avoids your shot with his rocket pods and manages to get a few rocket assisted punches in before you exit and change the settings to "Passive". The bolos wrap around the Mk III suited man but it takes several seconds for them to cut through the exoskeleton system.  After that though, it's just as easy as before.  The battle suit is another story. The bolos can't even wrap around the thing, and when you fire at where it can wrap the filaments fail to cut through and the man simply tears them off. You figure it might function as an actual bolo, but not as a flying cheese wire. The Avatar doesn't even notice it.

"And now for the backdrop!" Thomas leapt onto the beast, and performed the chrusher back flip.
[dex 6+1] You leap up onto the creature, prepared to do a stylish backflipping crush move, but are rather surprised when just the act of hopping up buries your feet ankle deep in the creature's flesh, sticking you like you were ankle deep in molasses.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 01:35:25 pm »

The MK III test goes badly because the "dummy" avoids your shot with his rocket pods and manages to get a few rocket assisted punches in before you exit and change the settings to "Passive". The bolos wrap around the Mk III suited man but it takes several seconds for them to cut through the exoskeleton system.
((Nice to see that aside from very mobile, the MkIII is also much more resistant than the cheaper ones.))

Milno decides to get a gauss rifle and check if the tracking allows for better shots (the +1 strength from the suit compensates the lack of 1 strength from my stats, I suppose). Afterwards, he summons an unarmed man in a MkIII suit moving quickly and tries the same.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 01:39:14 pm »

PTW
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2012, 01:56:45 pm »

((Mason screams into the headset, "We need backup damn it!" hoping someone on the ship's crew will hear his call. Yeah, right.))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2012, 02:00:27 pm »

Mesk pauses for a second, thinking he had heard a psychic cry for help.  He shrugs and ignores it.
"It was probably nothing..."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2012, 02:10:50 pm »

Bah, I've always considered those hand lasers useless. Well, perhaps, if I need to make a toast from a tiny xenos, it might come handy...
Still, the lasrifle seems much more interesting - perhaps, even mysterious in some way.
Field-strip and then disassemble the lasrifle completely; while doing so, try to reverse engineer whatever secrets hidden in its seemingly simple design - first of all, look for additional circuits and seemingly useless parts.
((well, why not? Not that I expect to really get anything out of it - but to get a reroll we need to go creative, right? Still, maybe that's not creative enough, though))
If I succeed don't fail too miserably in that, try doing the same thing to the gauss rifle.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:14:30 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 2101