_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5722945 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

If the coils are too big, use the ones out of a Gauss Rifle instead. Also, swap out the rocket's warhead for a solid ferrous core, so it's both more affected by the magnetic effect of the coils and has more integrity. Also, make a solid, arrow-shaped tip out of tungsten or depleted uranium (DU preferred) and put it on the front of the rocket.

Although this removes the explosive effect of the warhead, this will essentially turn it into a rocket-propelled gauss rifle with a kinetic penetrator warhead.

Yes. What I'm doing is Hybridizing Gauss and Rocket.

The Gauss portion gets the rocket bullet up to (gauss) speed, then the rocket increases that further.

Aka a two-stage rocket, aka useless at close -range but very powerful at long ranges due to increased force and penetration. =)

Who says it'll be bad at short range? It'll blow holes slightly bigger than a gauss rifle's at short range, but at long range it will be devastating.
You switch out the coils of the gauss cannon for the coils of the gauss rifle, reinforce the rocket by removing the warhead and replacing it with a metal core. In addition you add a depleted uranium spike to the tip of the rocket to aid in penetration. The simulation shows that this new configuration will fire the rockets successfully.

((I'm just going to clarify to everyone, so there's no confusion, that the things you're doing in tinker don't require rolls because they're just being simulated. In order for you to actually use a weapon you make in tinker you'll still need to order the parts and put the thing together yourself. It's the actual making it yourself where handiwork rolls will come into play. Making the thing in tinker will give you a bonus to those rolls, but it won't make it for you. And, for most of those rolls in making the thing, you won't be able to simply reroll, you'll have to buy replacements for the specific parts and try again.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Call up three dummies wearing MkIII suits to test it on. One at short, one at medium, and one at long range.

Proceed with test firing on all three dummies.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Attempt to modify cameyes, and if necessary, combine a scout eye, into a camera that can be used like a normal camera-datapad thing, or feed information directly back into the user's suit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Head to the armory.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sneak up on Faith whilst she is distracted and remove her pants. Then run away and hide.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sneak up on Faith whilst she is distracted and remove her pants. Then run away and hide.
((According to what happened, I think she went commando, due to the fact she only wore a shirt and pants. Good luck with dealing with Elisaz, Faith/Irony. You are on the VR machine and  probably won't even notice.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((According to what happened, I think she went commando, due to the fact she only wore a shirt and pants. Good luck with dealing with Elisaz, Faith/Irony. You are on the VR machine and  probably won't even notice.))
((...god damn it.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Panty raid gone wrong?
« Reply #322 on: May 08, 2012, 02:32:28 pm »

Call up three dummies wearing MkIII suits to test it on. One at short, one at medium, and one at long range.

Proceed with test firing on all three dummies.
You call up test dummies and try out your new rifle on each range. It seems very effective at short, Pretty good at medium and not so great at long. It seems that the shots have a bit of a spread to them, probably something to do with the combined effects of the gauss gun and the rocket propulsion.

Attempt to modify cameyes, and if necessary, combine a scout eye, into a camera that can be used like a normal camera-datapad thing, or feed information directly back into the user's suit.
By this you mean make a camera out of a cam eye that can feed a signal back into the faceplate of the suit? Right?

By the way, you have the strangest sensation that you're being pulled off the chair.
[dex:3]
You steak up on faith, who is preoccupied with the VR machine, and attempt to pants her. You jerk and tug rather inexpertly byt manage to get her trousers down to about mid thigh. She's not wearing anything under those pants. Oh dear.
Head to the armory.
You walk to the armory and take a look at the list of available weapons (see other thread OP)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Panty raid gone wrong?
« Reply #323 on: May 08, 2012, 02:36:42 pm »

By this you mean make a camera out of a cam eye that can feed a signal back into the faceplate of the suit? Right?
((Yeah. Preferably, or at least preferably if this has any advantage, I'd also like it able to feed out to a standard display screen, but the general idea is handheld cam eyes.))

Faith cocked her head. That was odd. Someone must be trying to get her attention.

Exit VR for a moment. See what whoever it is wants.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 08, 2012, 02:37:53 pm »

((I don't know for which side to cheer.

Lies, I am cheering for Elisaz at the moment.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 08, 2012, 02:40:12 pm »

((My mental eyes! AArrrrggghhh!

Why would you do that to a poor scout eye!))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #326 on: May 08, 2012, 02:44:58 pm »

((Yeah. Preferably, or at least preferably if this has any advantage, I'd also like it able to feed out to a standard display screen, but the general idea is handheld cam eyes.))

Faith cocked her head. That was odd. Someone must be trying to get her attention.

Exit VR for a moment. See what whoever it is wants.
Yeah, making something like that would basically only require replacing the camera in a scout eye with the cam eye, if you want really jury rig it. Cam eyes can already broadcast to anything capable of receiving, such as a wrist pad, faceplate or tv screen.

You disengage the VR machine and look down. Elizas is crouched between your legs, still trying to pull your pants farther down. He's got them at just above your knee. His tongue is hanging out a bit.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 08, 2012, 02:47:02 pm »

(I like how Elisaz's backstory is basically evil James Bond, and in game he's sort of a blathering idiot. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 08, 2012, 02:48:22 pm »

(I like how Elisaz's backstory is basically evil James Bond, and in game he's sort of a blathering idiot. XD)
((A soon to be dead one.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 08, 2012, 02:50:55 pm »

"WHAT."

Wriggle free of rapist. Restore status of pants.

((Well, god complex. Tends to interfere with these sorts of things. :P))
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 2101