_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5719776 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Panty raid gone wrong?
« Reply #405 on: May 08, 2012, 09:22:41 pm »

((If you haven't noticed, Elisaz will keep trying until his Charisma roll nets him some sympathy from the Armory Master. Rinse and repeat as long as he lives.))

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 08, 2012, 09:24:51 pm »

((If you haven't noticed, Elisaz will keep trying until his Charisma roll nets him some sympathy from the Armory Master. Rinse and repeat as long as he lives.))
Probably not long, considering how she's responded so far.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 08, 2012, 09:25:02 pm »

(( When Elisaz dies, his heir is going to kill all of you. Especially Faith Jim Milno Thomas.))
((If you lay a hand on any of those people, expect electricity to course up your spine the first time you see Feyri. :I ))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 08, 2012, 09:31:06 pm »

(( When Elisaz dies, his heir is going to kill all of you. Especially Faith Jim Milno Thomas.))
((If you lay a hand on any of those people, expect electricity to course up your spine the first time you see Feyri. :I ))

(( Me? Pff. Elisaz will be dead and gone. His Kingdom though? That might be an issue.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 08, 2012, 09:33:19 pm »

((Nevermind.))
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:37:57 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 08, 2012, 09:54:43 pm »

Well, then I mean that I'd like to try your idea of using additional coils - I haven't really thought of increasing their number, only adding the charging circuits. Is it okay?

Go ahead.

Add more Gauss chips.

Add two more, then continue penetration tests. Also try another penetration test, the same as the first, but at short range.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #411 on: May 08, 2012, 10:13:57 pm »

Tinker.
Take apart three laser rifles and see if I can combine them into a super-strength beam.
Combining 3 laser rifles into a single weapon which draws from the power sources of all three is possible, but the computer warns that the standard electrical systems in the rifles, as well as the focusing arrays you could get from them, wouldn't be able to stand up to the increased power. Making such a weapon work would require more high power parts.
Do it anyway and test it. Then try to combine three laser pistols, using a lens from a rifle.
You attempt to combine the power of three rifles. The result does a combination of short circuit and melt. Huh.

Oh, and there are no laser pistols. There are hand lasers, but those don't really have a traditional "Gun" body.

Elisaz puts Faiths pants in his locker secretly, and makes sure it's closed shut. Then, Socrates walks over to the Armory.
Hit on the Armory Master.

The armory master sees you coming and leans on her counter, staring directly at you. "There's only a few ways this can play out." she says "First is that you come here, buy what you need and leave. The second is that you turn right around and leave. The third is that you try absolutely anything else and in that case you leave but in exactly twice as many pieces as you came here in."

(No, I wanted a gauss cannon that shot laser rifles.[/sarcasm]. Yeah, that's essentially what I wanted) Thomas took the parts of the laser and put them to the side, then he disassembled the gauss cannon, taking the barrel and important innards and out and discarding the case.
You take the bare guts out of a gauss cannon and discard the rest.

((Being nearly beaten to death has just whetted his appetite(s).))

"Oh god!" Faith exclaimed, obviously panicking. "I heard it, or I said it! 'Hallelujah!' I wa- I came out of VR and he was taking my pants off so I freaked out and I just snapped! I didn't mean to but I said or heard 'Hallelujah' and just... did things! I'm not even that strong!"
"No, naturally you're not. Try not too move much, you've torn a good deal of muscle in your arms and have a hairline fracture in your right forearm. It appears that whatever happened to you in that anomaly is lying dormant in your mind, but is triggered by distress. Would you agree?"

((Alas poor Elisaz, I didn't actually know you.))

"Wait, VR? Sweet! No more experiments exploding in my face!"

Do a barrel roll happy dance!
You do an Cheery little jig.

Actually, the solution for recoil is quite simple and not complicated at all. All you really need to do is increse the mass of the weapon. Basic physics means that more mass will require more energy to start moving, and so, the recoil is dissipated a bit by the weight, unless you increase the power of the shot.

Add more Gauss chips.
You add two more charging circuits. The shots are stronger, stripping away more armor from the Battle suit and digging holes into the avatar, but neither are ruptured.

At short range the effects are a bit better then at long, but still nothing to write home about.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 08, 2012, 10:20:16 pm »

"Thank you for the help. I hope to do business with you again."

Head to the VR simulators, while examining the contents of the bag.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 08, 2012, 10:21:32 pm »

Disassemble a gauss rifle. Add, to the rifle, a laser within the barrel that vaporizes the round and fires molten slag.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 08, 2012, 10:27:18 pm »

Disassemble a gauss rifle. Add, to the rifle, a laser within the barrel that vaporizes the round and fires molten slag.

Molten metal isn't magnetic. The grains are floating around, so the poles get all messed up.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 08, 2012, 10:35:34 pm »

Molten metal isn't magnetic. The grains are floating around, so the poles get all messed up.
That's problematic.
Disassemble a gauss rifle. Add, to the rifle, a laser within the barrel that vaporizes the round and fires molten slag by loading another round after the first has been moltenized.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 08, 2012, 10:37:56 pm »

Milno sighs inside the infirmary and fiddles with his wrist equipment to check if he can watch the people on the other rooms. Well, waiting is certainly boring...
"Just me and myself...heh. It seems like it has been a good long time since I had a chance for one of those..."

His eyes closed and he remembered the old peaceful times in his shabby house in a rural region...And the problems that came with it, mostly cattle and equipment robbers. He woke up easily while sleeping exactly due to having problems with those criminals. As soon as they entered his small property, he would run and go for the comms system and call for the law enforcement while hiding somewhere.
"...Damn, I was very weak."
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 08, 2012, 10:43:21 pm »

Faith made a short, startled noise at that information, immediately attempting to hold perfectly still, and then, a moment later, to relax her muscles.

"Y-yes, that sounds... likely. But, that probably means it's nothing worse?" she asked, in a hopeful but doubtful tone. "Just a, dormant berserk button that's not going to get any worse or do anything else?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #418 on: May 08, 2012, 11:00:38 pm »

"Thank you for the help. I hope to do business with you again."

Head to the VR simulators, while examining the contents of the bag.
The bag contains a laser rifle, broken in some not immediately obvious way, a bunch of capacitors, wire, circuit boards that do god knows what, a control pad, and various other bits and pieces.

You reach the VR machine and sit down, choosing tinker when it comes up on the menu.

That's problematic.
Disassemble a gauss rifle. Add, to the rifle, a laser within the barrel that vaporizes the round and fires molten slag by loading another round after the first has been moltenized.
Well, I can tell you that a laser to melt the shot is gonna be a hell of a problem to mess with. And in the end all you're gonna get is what amounts to buckshot. Maybe a Melter or Blackshot Shell is more what you're looking for?

Milno sighs inside the infirmary and fiddles with his wrist equipment to check if he can watch the people on the other rooms. Well, waiting is certainly boring...
"Just me and myself...heh. It seems like it has been a good long time since I had a chance for one of those..."

His eyes closed and he remembered the old peaceful times in his shabby house in a rural region...And the problems that came with it, mostly cattle and equipment robbers. He woke up easily while sleeping exactly due to having problems with those criminals. As soon as they entered his small property, he would run and go for the comms system and call for the law enforcement while hiding somewhere.
"...Damn, I was very weak."
The wristpad seems locked on that channel, watching a now empty room.

Faith made a short, startled noise at that information, immediately attempting to hold perfectly still, and then, a moment later, to relax her muscles.

"Y-yes, that sounds... likely. But, that probably means it's nothing worse?" she asked, in a hopeful but doubtful tone. "Just a, dormant berserk button that's not going to get any worse or do anything else?"
"Maybe. Or the next time whatever that is comes out it could subsume your mind permanently. We're not really sure."
The Voice pauses.
"Would you be willing to try something a bit...unusual?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 08, 2012, 11:04:10 pm »

(Is Milno, uh...? D:)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 2101