_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5729587 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Panty raid gone wrong?
« Reply #465 on: May 09, 2012, 02:00:26 pm »

Try and find a way to overcharge a Gauss Rifle battery using a laser rifle battery.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 09, 2012, 02:06:14 pm »

((By the way I realized it is our fault that Faith is possessed by aliens now. We could have killed that old man on the spot and she would not be going through all of this.

Isn't that fun? Ahahahaha!))
((Hmmm. I'm not convinced, for similar reasons to the fact that it wouldn't help Ivan, but that is an interesting theory.

Another would be that one of us (probably Faith again, though) would end up mind-infected as well...))

Faith gulped again at the word "exploratory."

"I... guess I'll take the cybernetics, then. Try not to make me too inhuman..."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 09, 2012, 02:08:13 pm »

Hmm, seems incendiary shells are out for this gun. No matter. It seems decent enough without, although ammunition capacity and fire rate could be looked into.

Modify the rifle to be able to fire in 3-round bursts, adding Gauss chips to make it so that it fires one rocket every .5 seconds, and modify the clip into a helical clip (Like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4f/FNP90MAG02.jpg/462px-FNP90MAG02.jpg) that has 75 rounds, also modifying it to be a "Bullpup" style weapon.

Hey Steve, what do you think of the new rifle?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 09, 2012, 02:43:15 pm »

Elisaz quickly looks through the Armory. " Hmm, nothing today. See you later cutie."
Run out of there and go to a VR machine.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 09, 2012, 02:47:11 pm »

Pull up both the Monoatomic Razor and the Kinetic Amplifier. See if they can be combined to make a sword that can cut normally, and also use the ability of the amplifier on objects that interact with the sharp part of the bladed portion.

p.s. Not that sward. the one that doesn't cut.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 09, 2012, 02:50:45 pm »

((Hmmm. I'm not convinced, for similar reasons to the fact that it wouldn't help Ivan, but that is an interesting theory.))
((Yeah, I also think that it was mostly Erik's fault and not the old man's.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #471 on: May 09, 2012, 03:16:15 pm »

Milno turns around and heads to the rec room, intent on checking both on who was there and what was on the TV.

Milno heads to the rec room and turns the TV on.

((By the way I realized it is our fault that Faith is possessed by aliens now. We could have killed that old man on the spot and she would not be going through all of this.

You roll yourself into the rec room and look around. Seems like practically everyone who's not on mission is sitting around in the VR machines. You roll past them and to the tv, flipping it on and scanning through the channels.

"...parents up in arms about the recent lifting of a ban on "blue smoke" cigarettes..."

"...Hexbarax marked a decisive turning point..."

"...Reports of unknown Xeno species near outer colonies..."

Explore the ship, see if I can find anyone.
You leave the barracks and look around. Most of the ship seems empty but you finally find where everyone is hiding, the rec room. They're all using VR machines, except for a man in a wheelchair who is watching tv.

Call up a target, put the IR goggles on, and fire my lazor.
You call up a target, put on your goggles and fire the laser. After your eyes are done watering-note to self, do not stare directly at it- you walk over to the target and inspect the damage. Seems to have burnt a nice little hole in the target.

Try and find a way to overcharge a Gauss Rifle battery using a laser rifle battery.
The Gauss rifle using a generator, not a battery. Though you could rig it up to use the power of the battery and the generator at the same time.

((Hmmm. I'm not convinced, for similar reasons to the fact that it wouldn't help Ivan, but that is an interesting theory.

Another would be that one of us (probably Faith again, though) would end up mind-infected as well...))

Faith gulped again at the word "exploratory."

"I... guess I'll take the cybernetics, then. Try not to make me too inhuman..."
No sooner do you say this then you feel something pinch your neck. You move to touch the spot but find your body completely immobile. You have the sensation of falling, of someone catching you, and then nothing.

You wake up on a bed in the Infirmary, dressed in some sort of white tunic and pants, with pain throbbing dully throughout your whole body.

"Awake. Good." A doctor with Large round glasses walks over and looks you over, "Implanting a success. Knew it would be. Me after all. Have to wait. Need to heal. Then test system." He nods to himself. "They say you need these." he holds up a bottle of pills "Mood stabilizers. Keep you...stable till system ready." He hands you the bottle and a glass of water before wandering off somewhere, muttering to himself.

Hmm, seems incendiary shells are out for this gun. No matter. It seems decent enough without, although ammunition capacity and fire rate could be looked into.

Modify the rifle to be able to fire in 3-round bursts, adding Gauss chips to make it so that it fires one rocket every .5 seconds, and modify the clip into a helical clip (Like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4f/FNP90MAG02.jpg/462px-FNP90MAG02.jpg) that has 75 rounds, also modifying it to be a "Bullpup" style weapon.

Hey Steve, what do you think of the new rifle?
Modifying to fire in 3 round bursts is fairly simple, just a case of installing 2 extra charging systems and setting them to fire .5 seconds after the last one. There's still a .5 pause between the last rocket of a burst and the first rocket of the next burst, but thats not bad at all.

As per the 75 round clip, that might be a bit much. It would cost 8 tokens, weigh a lot and be the size of a mini fridge. The Gauss rifle uses 20mm slugs, even without the casing for gunpowder those are pretty big.

Elisaz quickly looks through the Armory. " Hmm, nothing today. See you later cutie."
Run out of there and go to a VR machine.

You sprint back the vr machines, expecting to be murdered before you get there, but you make it there just fine and take a seat.

Pull up both the Monoatomic Razor and the Kinetic Amplifier. See if they can be combined to make a sword that can cut normally, and also use the ability of the amplifier on objects that interact with the sharp part of the bladed portion.

p.s. Not that sward. the one that doesn't cut.

I'll tell ya right off that won't work. The Razor uses a monoatomicly thin filament vibrating at high speeds to do it's damage while the Kinetic Amplifier is basically an object that takes the force of a blow and magnifies it. You'd have to attach the Amplifier parts directly to the filament and that would just tear everything apart. Besides, the Razor is only about 10 inches long.

Now, it would be possible to make what amounts to a baseball back covered in Kinetic amplifiers and have that work quite well, if you want a melee weapon that utilizes the kinetic amplifiers.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 09, 2012, 03:22:40 pm »

Frown, examine bottle for instructions. Then examine contents.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 09, 2012, 03:25:32 pm »

Attempt to debug one of the machines so I can use it to any of my whims.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 09, 2012, 03:28:43 pm »

((I was basing the estimate on the Rocket Rifle rounds, which are the ones I'm using (Well, modded ones), not Gauss rounds. I knew there was a reason Gauss clips were so small!))

Save current designs for now and exit VR, I've only met one of the people I'm supposed to be working with in real life, and maybe a few in VR.

Noticing someone at the TV, glance over to it.

Anything interesting on?

Not waiting for a reply, go and see if I can find this "Mason" I bumped into earlier, who said he wanted to VR with me.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 03:41:54 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 09, 2012, 03:30:16 pm »

Milno realizes Elisaz entered the room sprinting and looking scared for some reason and also that there is someone else nearby. Probably a newbie, meh.

He leaves the TV on the news about the unknown Xeno species.

((Hey Irony, how mad does Faith get with Milno's usual dickery? Because he won't be nice with her just because she's an abomination now. Actually, ignoring her altogether may actually be his choice after that scene. Along with carrying a weapon at all times.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 09, 2012, 03:36:28 pm »

((Hey Irony, how mad does Faith get with Milno's usual dickery? Because he won't be nice with her just because she's an abomination now. Actually, ignoring her altogether may actually be his choice after that scene. Along with carrying a weapon at all times.))
((Usually dickery to her is usually just eyerolling level. Usually dickery regarding wiping out alien civilizations because asshole is a bit worse.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 09, 2012, 03:40:59 pm »

((Usually dickery regarding wiping out alien civilizations because asshole is a bit worse.))
((Dully noted. Those are not on his list of "things I should avoid shooting". And I don't think there'll be any more alien civilizations for us to destroy anyway.))
>Yes?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 09, 2012, 03:52:16 pm »

Though you could rig it up to use the power of the battery and the generator at the same time.
Do this, then test in VR.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #479 on: May 09, 2012, 04:05:39 pm »

Frown, examine bottle for instructions. Then examine contents.
The bottle says to take 2 pills every day. The pills themselves are small, circular and blue. They don't look overly evil.

Attempt to debug one of the machines so I can use it to any of my whims.
[Aux:5-1] You manage to make it so that you can modify existing programs, but creating new ones still seems beyond your capacity.

((I was basing the estimate on the Rocket Rifle rounds, which are the ones I'm using (Well, modded ones), not Gauss rounds. I knew there was a reason Gauss clips were so small!))

Save current designs for now and exit VR, I've only met one of the people I'm supposed to be working with in real life, and maybe a few in VR.

Noticing someone at the TV, glance over to it.

Anything interesting on?

Not waiting for a reply, go and see if I can find this "Mason" I bumped into earlier, who said he wanted to VR with me.
ooh, thats right, you're using the rocket rifle. Sorry, so many people using the gauss rifle, I forgot. In that case the larger clip is completely possible, though bullpup'ing it will take some modification.

You save your project and get out of the machine, glancing at the tv and asking Milno if there is anything on.

Milno realizes Elisaz entered the room sprinting and looking scared for some reason and also that there is someone else nearby. Probably a newbie, meh.

He leaves the TV on the news about the unknown Xeno species.

"There are reports of an unknown Xeno species inhabiting what was previously thought to be an uninhabited moon near the colonized planet Enddine-4. The moon, called Haleden, is covered in a nearly unbroken sea and has been known to support alien life for quite a while, though all known life was non-sentient. The moon, which is in the early stages of colonization, has been reporting the loss of dozens of workers as well as sightings of an unknown bipedal animal."

Though you could rig it up to use the power of the battery and the generator at the same time.
Do this, then test in VR.
The modified rifle, which now sports a rather jury rigged slot for inserting a laser rifle battery, is able to fire at twice the normal power. However, each shot drains 5 seconds worth of power from the laser rifle battery.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 2101