_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5736202 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Panty raid gone wrong?
« Reply #495 on: May 09, 2012, 04:55:22 pm »

((snip))

Milno absently minded wonders about where to take showers.

Milno changes to other channel until he finds one where the news are less ridiculous.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:00:15 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 09, 2012, 05:02:26 pm »

Thomas creates a depleted uranium rod, then shapes it to fly through the air similarly to a crossbow bolt. He takes the screen and power supply from the small TV and places them on top of the gauss rifle, and sets them to flash at the highest light level possible on command.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 09, 2012, 05:06:30 pm »

I would hazard a guess that you're a veteran, from the cybernetic arm and the fact that you're in that cast thing, what looks like something to reattach a limb. Recent, too, probably the hellhole Steve mentioned. Some kind of alien reality distortion, or something like that. I'm Nekarios, though most just call me Nick, and who knows, maybe you'll end up with one of my designs in your hands. And no doubt you'll be better off for it, considering my current one can punch clean through a MkIII suit with just one shell, damage a good bit of armor on a battlesuit, and even make some headway into an Avatar of War. It's also a sub-machine gun.
Milno turns his head towards the man.
"Really? From my experience, a lot of things can punch through a MkIII with ease, including fists and feet from crazed synth-flesh monsters. Also, you'll need a lot of tokens to build that, so you better start working for them. My name is Milno Enedrasi, and you are a really talented observer of obvious things, I suppose. Pleased to meet you."

Pause with the VR nearly hooked up.

Synth-flesh punches and kicks don't work at pretty good ranges and they don't fire every 0.5 seconds; as well, I'm fairly sure that those would have kinetic amps working in concert to deliver that much force. Also, it's not even done yet. I've been doing preliminary tests and got those results. As for costs, I'm none too bothered; I'm not a conventional weapons user. I'm designing this for anyone who wants a fairly good weapon, not most of the common stuff in the armory. While I'm sure that stuff is just fine, going through the list, there's not much in the way of diversity: You have the beams, the hand cannons, the heavy hand cannons, and some exotic and unconventional stuff. But no hand cannons that actually fire fast enough or have the ammo to down multiple targets very quickly.

As for my ability to point out the obvious, I point out a lot of stuff, some obvious, some not so much. Only problem is, I don't have a filter to go between them. That's probably what landed me here. You got anything else, I'm in the sim.

Finish hookup and get back to my RGH-KP Rifle.

((GM: I was fairly certain that I had the Gauss chips for them all to be working in concert to deliver the blows you said it was capable of. As for armoring it, after looking at the Bolo-gun's fail in the sim, I'm armoring it anyways.))
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:19:22 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 09, 2012, 05:17:14 pm »

Sigh, take two pills, swallow with aid of water. Then sit back and relax.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 09, 2012, 05:27:40 pm »

Milno shrugs at the newest egocentric arrival and gets back to TV. He was sure there was a Freudian excuse for someone getting so miffed after having their weapon turned down.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:52:45 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 09, 2012, 05:51:36 pm »

Introduce myself to all these folks, then kick their asses at VR combat or whatever the hell they're doing.
Hearing a new comrade introducing himself, Nikitan pauses the tinker and turns to the person, smiling.
A new conscript? I'm Nikitian Greiss, and I'm glad to serve in the 'Corps alongside with you, comrade.
As for a duel - sure, I'd love to test some new weaponry - if only a bit later, I'm in the middle of an experiment.

((Also, thanks to the person who asked about gauss rifle power generator (forgot your name), you gave me a great hint!))
Try adding the gauss rifle power generator to the laser rifle and change the lasrifle design to work in pulsed mode of operation. Then test the new weapon and compare the results with those of the standart laser rifle.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:53:34 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 09, 2012, 06:04:57 pm »

"Right. That was stupid."

Arrange the lenses to focus the beam. Test fire again.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 09, 2012, 06:07:13 pm »

"Hi, my name is Thomas. I would love to meet you in the ring."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 09, 2012, 06:09:24 pm »

Introduce myself to all these folks, then kick their asses at VR combat or whatever the hell they're doing.
Hearing a new comrade introducing himself, Nikitan pauses the tinker and turns to the person, smiling.
A new conscript? I'm Nikitian Greiss, and I'm glad to serve in the 'Corps alongside with you, comrade.
As for a duel - sure, I'd love to test some new weaponry - if only a bit later, I'm in the middle of an experiment.

((Also, thanks to the person who asked about gauss rifle power generator (forgot your name), you gave me a great hint!))
Try adding the gauss rifle power generator to the laser rifle and change the lasrifle design to work in pulsed mode of operation. Then test the new weapon and compare the results with those of the standart laser rifle.

"Hi, my name is Thomas. I would love to meet you in the ring."

Nekarios, Nekarios Aurea-Inanis. Most just call me Nick though. I'd love to test my new weapon too, Nikitan, but it's not quite finished. Also, do either of you know Mason? He said he wanted to duel with me as well, but he hasn't shown up yet...

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 09, 2012, 06:11:32 pm »

"I think he might be preoccupied. He's probably somewhere around here."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 09, 2012, 06:12:10 pm »

"Hmm? What are you working on?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 09, 2012, 06:14:13 pm »

Select "Punch Many Things."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 09, 2012, 06:15:47 pm »

"Me? Or the new guy?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 09, 2012, 06:16:32 pm »

No matter, it's given me time to make a weapon in Tinker.

It's a hybrid of the Rocket Rifle and Gauss rifle. It's actually quite good, cuts clean through MkIII suits, damages armor on Battlesuits, and can actually make a bit of headway on an Avatar of War. It's designed as a sub-machine gun, fires a round every 0.5 seconds in bursts of three, has a fairly large ammo capacity of about 75 per clip, and it's going to be in a bullpup configuration: The bullets go in at the back, the barrel is mostly inside the rifle's body.

In short: It's a very nice gun, especially in near-close-quarters combat because the barrel appears to be quite short and the rounds are quite damaging.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 09, 2012, 06:21:49 pm »

Get in the VR thingy, and make me some guns. I'll go for a ballistic pistol, focusing on accuracy and low kickback.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 2101