_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5730867 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Panty raid gone wrong?
« Reply #510 on: May 09, 2012, 06:27:55 pm »

The Eighth Kiloton Charge and the Scout Eye Then. Make it bigger if I have to. Or a smaller charge.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #511 on: May 09, 2012, 07:19:11 pm »

Ok, add another battery, on the other side of the gun, and test again. Then use springs to try and create a anti-recoil system.
Another battery increases the firing power of the gun as well, though it requires further additions to the gun and expansion of the electrical system. The creation of an anti-recoil system is possible, essentially using large metal springs to act as shock absorbers, but such a system would be rather large and heavy, requiring the entire stock of the gun to be fitted with the system and the trigger and grip to be relocated farther back to compensate for the longer stock. It would also only reduce recoil, not remove it.

((snip))
Milno absently minded wonders about where to take showers.

Milno changes to other channel until he finds one where the news are less ridiculous.
You change the channel, looking for something less stupid. You find a documentary about the altered wars as well as another news channel.

Thomas creates a depleted uranium rod, then shapes it to fly through the air similarly to a crossbow bolt. He takes the screen and power supply from the small TV and places them on top of the gauss rifle, and sets them to flash at the highest light level possible on command.

Uhh. I have no idea what you're going for here but sure. You create a specially shaped rod with stabilizing fins and attach the small tv screen and a battery atop it.

I would hazard a guess that you're a veteran, from the cybernetic arm and the fact that you're in that cast thing, what looks like something to reattach a limb. Recent, too, probably the hellhole Steve mentioned. Some kind of alien reality distortion, or something like that. I'm Nekarios, though most just call me Nick, and who knows, maybe you'll end up with one of my designs in your hands. And no doubt you'll be better off for it, considering my current one can punch clean through a MkIII suit with just one shell, damage a good bit of armor on a battlesuit, and even make some headway into an Avatar of War. It's also a sub-machine gun.
Milno turns his head towards the man.
"Really? From my experience, a lot of things can punch through a MkIII with ease, including fists and feet from crazed synth-flesh monsters. Also, you'll need a lot of tokens to build that, so you better start working for them. My name is Milno Enedrasi, and you are a really talented observer of obvious things, I suppose. Pleased to meet you."

Pause with the VR nearly hooked up.

Synth-flesh punches and kicks don't work at pretty good ranges and they don't fire every 0.5 seconds; as well, I'm fairly sure that those would have kinetic amps working in concert to deliver that much force. Also, it's not even done yet. I've been doing preliminary tests and got those results. As for costs, I'm none too bothered; I'm not a conventional weapons user. I'm designing this for anyone who wants a fairly good weapon, not most of the common stuff in the armory. While I'm sure that stuff is just fine, going through the list, there's not much in the way of diversity: You have the beams, the hand cannons, the heavy hand cannons, and some exotic and unconventional stuff. But no hand cannons that actually fire fast enough or have the ammo to down multiple targets very quickly.

As for my ability to point out the obvious, I point out a lot of stuff, some obvious, some not so much. Only problem is, I don't have a filter to go between them. That's probably what landed me here. You got anything else, I'm in the sim.

Finish hookup and get back to my RGH-KP Rifle.

((GM: I was fairly certain that I had the Gauss chips for them all to be working in concert to deliver the blows you said it was capable of. As for armoring it, after looking at the Bolo-gun's fail in the sim, I'm armoring it anyways.))
The burst fire one was when I was assuming you were using the charging circuits you stuck on there to charge in parallel. Each charging circuit is basically a separate power supply and circuits to control it. In order to get to the power you were using before It it would need like 4-5 charging circuits firing simultaneously. And thats for a single shot. In order for it to fire 3 shots in quick succession, all with that power, you'd have to have 3 banks of circuits, all with 4-5 circuits in them.  In the end you'd end up with 12-15 total circuits. It's completely possible, it would just be huge and weigh a ton. Sorry that's not been obvious, really my fault.

In reality, using battle suits and Avatar's for targets with conventional weapons is probably not the best thing to do. Anything below a heavy gauss cannon (which is actually much more powerful then the description lets on because the shells are much heavier too, combined with firing faster and with greater force) is going to have a real problem against a battle suit unless heavily modified or carefully aimed. Battle suits and Avatars are designed specifically to withstand huge amounts of conventional force.

Sigh, take two pills, swallow with aid of water. Then sit back and relax.
You swallow the not-happy time pills and lay back. You begin to feel very...nothing.

Introduce myself to all these folks, then kick their asses at VR combat or whatever the hell they're doing.
Hearing a new comrade introducing himself, Nikitan pauses the tinker and turns to the person, smiling.
A new conscript? I'm Nikitian Greiss, and I'm glad to serve in the 'Corps alongside with you, comrade.
As for a duel - sure, I'd love to test some new weaponry - if only a bit later, I'm in the middle of an experiment.

((Also, thanks to the person who asked about gauss rifle power generator (forgot your name), you gave me a great hint!))
Try adding the gauss rifle power generator to the laser rifle and change the lasrifle design to work in pulsed mode of operation. Then test the new weapon and compare the results with those of the standart laser rifle.
(was wondering when someone would try that.)
The hybrid laser rifle with a gauss rifle power generator fires in pulses of less then half a second at time with a pause of 1.5 seconds between each shot. Each shot seems about as powerful as a normal laser rifle shot, but the lack of concentrated fire means it can't burn through things very well.

"Right. That was stupid."

Arrange the lenses to focus the beam. Test fire again.
Ah, you're trying to create a laser beam with a very low diffusion rate? That's entirely possible. The laser rifle already using a chambered focusing system, so adding another chamber will make the shot go farther without diffusing. However, each chamber has to be longer, making the gun longer as well.

If you read back there was a guy making what amounted to a sawn off laser rifle that was this but in reverse.

Select "Punch Many Things."
You select "Punch Many Things" it seems to be a fighting game of some sort where you have to fist fight your way through several levels of competition. The word "START?" blinks in the center of the screen.

Get in the VR thingy, and make me some guns. I'll go for a ballistic pistol, focusing on accuracy and low kickback.
You select Tinker from the menu and the machine brings you to a completely empty world with a work table and a few hovering lists from which to select your parts.

The Eighth Kiloton Charge and the Scout Eye Then. Make it bigger if I have to. Or a smaller charge.
I can tell ya that the effective blast radius of a 1/8th kiloton charge is larger then the effective range of a scout eye. Maybe something more akin to say... 30 pounds of c4?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 09, 2012, 07:23:39 pm »

Ok. Print out blueprints for the version with one extra battery. Go to the armory master and ask the price for the components I need.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 09, 2012, 07:24:24 pm »

Start Program.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 09, 2012, 07:25:17 pm »

((The screen on top of the gauss gun, the bolt inside it))
Thomas looked at his handiwork, and facepalmed. He forgot to define his instructions to the computer in detail. He rebuilt the Gauss gun, then tested the flash function, the laser cone and the rifle, at 3 meters for the first two and 50 meters for the third. The targets are a mark three, a battlesuit, an avatar, a genetically modified human and a synth-flesh cyborg.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:32:16 pm by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 09, 2012, 07:30:39 pm »

Modify the magazine and rifle to bullpup layout with a helical magazine (It might look like a FN P90, but will probably be longer and not nearly as clean a case), also, modify it so it can have both firing modes, one with the three-round burst, one with the more powerful single shot, then set parameters for a new test: A synthflesh cyborg (full conversion), MkIII suit, and Battlesuit (Not giving in on that one), test both firing modes on each, carefully examining damage and recoil effects.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:39:29 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #516 on: May 09, 2012, 07:59:26 pm »

Ok. Print out blueprints for the version with one extra battery. Go to the armory master and ask the price for the components I need.
You save the blueprints to your wristpad and head off to the armory.

"Hey, I got some modifications I need to make" You say as you walk up, already bringing up the blueprints, "Could you tell me what it would cost?"

You show the plans to the armory master and she spends a few minutes looking them over before answering.

"Gonna need to expand the electrical system, allow for simultaneous charging, modify the gun body to accept the new module, and you'll need the the slot from a laser rifle...ahh, 3 token?"

Start Program.
You start the program. Your first opponent appears to be a 12 year old girl.

((The screen on top of the gauss gun, the bolt inside it))
Thomas looked at his handiwork, and facepalmed. He forgot to define his instructions to the computer in detail. He rebuilt the Gauss gun, then tested the flash function, the laser cone and the rifle, at 3 meters for the first two and 50 meters for the third. The targets are a mark three, a battlesuit, an avatar, a genetically modified human and a synth-flesh cyborg.
Ok, so gauss gun fires the spike (which will need a metal coating by the way, to make it magnetic), got that. You want that to be muzzle loading or do you want to make the spikes smaller so you can make a clip of them or some sort of bolt action thing? Laser shotgun, thats fine. Now that tv of yours...you want it mounted on top of the gun, pointed toward the enemies or yourself? And for what purpose besides killing epileptics?

Sorry, maybe my brain isn't working today.

Modify the magazine and rifle to bullpup layout with a helical magazine (It might look like a FN P90, but will probably be longer and not nearly as clean a case), also, modify it so it can have both firing modes, one with the three-round burst, one with the more powerful single shot, then set parameters for a new test: A synthflesh cyborg (full conversion), MkIII suit, and Battlesuit (Not giving in on that one), test both firing modes on each, carefully examining damage and recoil effects.
(the magazine is still pretty big,think 2 liter bottle of coke, but it will work)

You modify the weapon to be a bullpup and the circuitry to work in 4 different modes: 3 round burst, single shot, single shot overcharge and single shot super overcharge (using all three firing circuits). You set up the test range and put the new rifle through it's paces.

Synthflesh: Single shot is relatively effective, three round burst is even more effective if they all hit the same area, overcharge is about as effective as the 3 rounds and super overcharge blows a big damn hole right through it.

MK III: Stands up worse then the synthflesh

Battle suit: Single shot plinks off, as does overcharged single. The burst seems to do more damage and even proves good enough to crack the armor after a few bursts. The super overcharge functions about as well as 2 bursts.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 09, 2012, 08:01:31 pm »

Hand over the coins. Take the parts and begin building. Also, what gear do I currently have?

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 09, 2012, 08:11:37 pm »

Make myself a semi-auto ballistic marksman rifle. Don't focus on power, but instead on accuracy and versatility. Attach a energy-bayonet or something like that as well as a scope.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 09, 2012, 08:14:54 pm »

Go for a driving face-punch.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #520 on: May 09, 2012, 08:21:27 pm »

Make myself a semi-auto ballistic marksman rifle. Don't focus on power, but instead on accuracy and versatility. Attach a energy-bayonet or something like that as well as a scope.
Anything specific here? Such as the system to propel the bullet? Gauss? Rocket? Explosive? What about the Caliber or the type of bullet?

Hand over the coins. Take the parts and begin building. Also, what gear do I currently have?
Gauss rifle (5-shot)
Laser rifle
Monoatomic razor
pain killer
hand laser (20 sec)
Parts for modification
5 token

Now, are you sure you want to try to build it yourself? Remember that you have a negative to handiwork because of your profession.

Go for a driving face-punch.
[Dex:5]
[strength:2]
You leap forward and drive your fist directly into the little girls face. It seems to have no effect.
[Girl:dex:3]
[dex:4]
The girl swings at you but you dodge out of the way.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 09, 2012, 08:23:15 pm »

Hey Steve, without any other bells or whistles, how good do you think this rifle is?

I intend to do simulated trials next, so I'm not just shooting dummies, but before that, what's your opinion?

Also, any idea how much it would cost?

((I cracked a Battlesuit! And you said that was for heavy weapons...))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 09, 2012, 08:23:22 pm »

Is that negative -1 on rolls or -1 to skill? What other option is there?

Sell:
Laser rifle
Monoatomic razor

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:46:07 pm by Scelly9 »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 09, 2012, 08:43:21 pm »

Knee her in the chest, and then headbutt.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #524 on: May 09, 2012, 09:06:07 pm »

Hey Steve, without any other bells or whistles, how good do you think this rifle is?

I intend to do simulated trials next, so I'm not just shooting dummies, but before that, what's your opinion?

Also, any idea how much it would cost?

((I cracked a Battlesuit! And you said that was for heavy weapons...))

>Oh, 6 for the rocket rifle, 2 for the gauss parts, 3 for the circuits. Ammo will have to be either custom made or custom ordered, which isn't terribly cheap. 15 total with a full magazine. Strength 5 to carry  and use it well, 7 for the recoil of a normal overcharge, 11 for super overcharge.

Looks alright in theory, a good standard rifle for those with MK III suits.

(cracked a single layer, yes. Like I said, just don't expect to be bringing battle suits down with ease or anything.)

Is that negative -1 on rolls or -1 to skill? What other option is there?

Sell:
Laser rifle
Monoatomic razor

You get 3 tokens for your trade in.
and it's -1 to rolls.
As per other options, you could ask someone who is better at handiwork to do it for you. If you share the plans with them they'll get the same bonus from it you do.

Knee her in the chest, and then headbutt.
[Dex:1]
You go to knee the little girl right in the chest but end up jerking your knee into nothing like some sort of bizarre can-can dancer and falling over backwards.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 2101