_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732930 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: The Circle of Depravity
« Reply #1650 on: May 24, 2012, 01:19:18 pm »

((I think you could use a metal with a low melting point too. Burns severely and restrains the target. Like soldering.))

((It's probably going to have to be Ferric, for the magnetic properties. Besides, who says that a high melting point metal can't severely burn and, when cooled to below melting point, restrain the target?))
((Lower power requirement to do nearly the same thing and whatnot. There could be an advantage to that.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: May 24, 2012, 01:26:00 pm »

((I think you could use a metal with a low melting point too. Burns severely and restrains the target. Like soldering.))

((It's probably going to have to be Ferric, for the magnetic properties. Besides, who says that a high melting point metal can't severely burn and, when cooled to below melting point, restrain the target?))
((Lower power requirement to do nearly the same thing and whatnot. There could be an advantage to that.))

((Yeah, but again, magnetic and electrical properties of the metal count. The railgun itself requires a conductive and magnetic capable slug, not to mention the rotating magnetic field. So, I'll probably be sticking to a Ferric metal or alloy.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: May 24, 2012, 01:28:02 pm »

((Probably right))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: May 24, 2012, 03:29:27 pm »

((Are you planning to melt the metal prior to firing, or after? Because molten metal isn't magnetic.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: May 24, 2012, 04:52:14 pm »

((I'm almost positive we've had this discussion before.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: May 24, 2012, 04:53:12 pm »

((Ivan/Scelly9 tried something like that once.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: May 24, 2012, 05:06:20 pm »

((Ivan/Scelly9 tried something like that once.))
(( I'm probably a bit dense right now, but I can't understand what discussion you are talking about we've already had (actually, several recurring topics have been revisited in the last two or three pages - which one?). Could you explain, please? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: May 24, 2012, 05:14:45 pm »

((Melting a gauss slug, and the resulting issue that molten metal, even ferrous metal, isn't magnetic.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: May 24, 2012, 05:15:33 pm »

((Melting a gauss slug, and the resulting issue that molten metal, even ferrous metal, isn't magnetic.))
((Yep this one. Ivan tried to create the same thing.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1659 on: May 24, 2012, 05:15:54 pm »

Neil addresses the Armory Master woman. "I believe I have five tokens?"
"You believe correctly." she says, not looking up.

Milno got back to his datapad to check if there was any answer from the research people. Although he wanted the program, he also did not find practical the lack of an open area large enough for him to try getting some rounds in a target with live ammo until he got the hang of wielding those two rifles. Having them set at different ranges could be a good safety measure, and being able to shoot with both in case of need was necessary. The Smoothshot would have been a good alternative, but would only be useful for enemies standing still, moving slowly in linear trajectories or running straight towards him. He really had to expect the techies were able to reproduce his ideal system, since it would still allow for the quick movements needed for targetting.

Milno checks his datapad for any answers from the research personnel on his requested program.

Edit: Also throw Fanboy back into the simulation.

((@GM: How about that amp from one of the arms Jim promised Milno and left to be extracted? Will it only be returned to Jim himself after the arms are repaired?))
You check your messages on the datapad and find one from the research division. It says that the program you requested is finished and that all you have to do is come get it installed.

(You could go ask the doctor about that amp, but you must remember that he has no knowledge of the deal you and jim made, he just knows that the robot guy asked him to regenerate the arms and cut out the amp. )

((@GM No problem, we are always eagrely awaiting your return however long it has been since the last one :)
As for the two generators, one capacitor bank I meant that the two generators are linked to the single capacitor bank, thus recharging that single cap' bank in half the time, though allowing for only one second of pulse, compared to the 5 sec recharging/2 sec capacity of the 2 gen/ 2 capas variant))
Re-make the 1 generator/ 1 capacitor bank pulse rifle. Remember forgetting to estimate the price of the three designs, then do so. Compile the research results into a single document with the schematics attached.
Of the three designs, choose the most advanced one, which is under 5 tokens limit, and enter MEHMRCMS with the chosen variant of the pulse rifle. Upon spawning, stay alert and run down the hall to shoot the xenos sentinel.

Joining in. Comrade Milno, would you be so kind to spawn me?

((As for the document, I may track the things or you, piecewise, if you care - I certainly don't want to make you any more busy.))

Research results
Conventional
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(actually keeping a document like that will help me remember all these dang things :P Also yeah, that all looks in order. it's gonna 5 and 6 for the other rifles.)
You select the pulse rifle Mk II and spawn back in Milno's simulation, immediately charging down the hall and firing that the Sentinel. [con:1+1] Your running shot misses entirely.

((We can attach them to commemorate your going as crazy as their old owner was! :D))

Set aside rambot problem for now. Investigate the possibility of rechargeable batteries for everything, and whether getting them refilled would cost anything.
Some thing obviously can't be recharged (at least without the use of the armory master) such as the single use things or things that use physical ammo. However you could create rechargeable batteries for almost anything.  The problem is that each battery would have to be different between the weapons and devices because each one uses greatly varying amounts of energy. You could recharge them with a generator you can buy, either one left on the ship or one you bring with you, though it would need to be fairly large to charge it quickly. Hell, some rich veteran could buy a generator and then start underselling the Armory master on  recharging old batteries.

Thomas offered him the tainted booze "You did something to it which resulted in you chasing limbs aound the room. Save some for me." Thomas said. He then took the deck into his expert hands and began shuffling "More cards or what?"

"Hmmm, funny sigaret", Lukas thinks to himself. He shrugs and turns to Thomas. "I've been through worse trips, I guess. I'll be sure to save some of the Xeno Spit Deluxe for you." Lukas sits down opposite to Thomas. "Sorry about that. I guess I kinda ruined the game. Let's play again."

Play card game with Thomas
Thomas hands you the stack of cards you left behind in your rush to chase your wandering limbs and you pick up where you left off. Thomas wins this hand as well.

((Properous, what type of cig did you get?))

Attempt to scuttle around to behind the sentinel and whip it from there.

Once Nik gets spawned, shout out to him.

Shoot that thing fast, I don't want to lose my other arm before we're done here.

Also, these dehumanizing and slightly humiliatingly strange cybernetics seem to be really effective in dodging its attacks, as well as another strange effect, for as you can see, I'm on the wall.

[dex:5] You spring up and on to the ceiling, clinging there for a half second before leaping back down and landing behind the sentinel.  You spin around, using the momentum to lash out with another blow. [dex:1] Unfortunately the extra momentum causes you to extend your new limb too far and embed your talons in the wall.

"Awww. I wanted to see what people were working on. Eh, I should really get to know the people here. And I should go get those extra focusing chambers."

Go to the armory, and get three focusing chambers.
You exit the VR machine and head to the armory. You spend the last of your tokens on three extra focusing chambers.

Victor sits there, dumbfounded, for five seconds and then write one word under the picture.
Quote from: word under picture
Common?
If he says yes, write that i am ready. if he says no, Give him a bear hug. With all my strength.
"Fairly. Used for some injured civilians. Ready?" You nod and he presses something on his wristpad. You black out and then come to what feels like only a moment later, but laying in a bed. Your head hurts. You look at your right palm and notice that a small circular something or other has been set into the metallic hand.

To both girls:
"Sorry if I did something perverted. I have some psychological problems and sometimes, when there are cute girls involved, I totally lose control....May we start the proper introductions?...My name is Renen, Renen Averius von Raptum. And may I ask what are the names of these beautiful ladies and this.... :o....person, where we are and why are we here? And I would like to know if there are any doctors here, if I may."

Introduce Renen to the girls he just helped - follow them asking the questions above, that weren't answered up until now

You can just do talking and stuff without asking me. If you ask me to talk for you though...well thats when things get fun.

Mason blinks, dusts himself off, and walks back to the VR area.

"Guy-person-dude-thing in charge of the VR simulations, would it be possible to create a simulation detailing, lets say, three random alien species? Specifically speaking on the subject of physical traits, simple behavior, and culture/technology? Afterward, if I'm satisfied with the specifically-chosen xenobiological specimen, which I most likely will be, I'd like to craft a strategic encounter simulation between non-communicating parties of the three species and myself, as well as anyone else who'd like to join in. Rather than a strict battle simulation, I'd like to simulate basic behavioral patterns during an encounter with said species, based upon whatever limited knowledge we have of these creature's civilizations. Simply put, give me three random aliens, tell me about them, then stick me in an imaginary world with my current gear-set and lets see what happens."

>Yeah, I can do that.

Thomas packs up. "I've got something to build." He heads to his room and assembles the power pack.
[Handiwork:5-1+1] You successfully assemble your power pack.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: May 24, 2012, 05:22:26 pm »

Examine costs of generators of varying capacity levels, as well as the costs of rechargeable batteries for laser rifles, laser gauntlets, tesla sabers, and those crowd-shock gauntlets.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: May 24, 2012, 05:26:38 pm »

((Yes, I know, I just wanted to know how it was going. And Jim should've told Doc about that.))

Milno creates a simple backup of the suit's current setting for the matter of safety - although if it seems too difficult for him he decides to ask the research personnel to do it - and then heads to the research division to get the program installed.

((If creating a backup seems a bit harder than expected (aux roll) then he'll try to get the backup done by the research techies.))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 05:48:00 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: May 24, 2012, 05:49:49 pm »

((Yep this one. Ivan tried to create the same thing.))
((Ah, yes. For some reason I can't remember that at all, so I'll just believe two of you :) ))

Move to the wall the Nekarios is embedded (while maintaining the distance from the sentinel) and shoot the metal guardian (twice, if there is enough time).
Nick, blast it surely or not risk hitting you?

((Now, that roll was close. Good to have that profession specialization in Con weapons :)
@GM I suppose I just will make a post dedicated to that document and update it, the same way the Armory part gets updated - or would you prefer another approach to be taken?

Also,
Hell, some rich veteran could buy a generator and then start underselling the Armory master on  recharging old batteries.
Hey, that was my plan! Wait, it didn't have anything about charging tokens for recharging the batteries or seizing the economical power from the Armory Master's hands, so I guess it doesn't count.  :D ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: May 24, 2012, 05:54:03 pm »

(Don't worry Cael, I'll give it to you when I get back and get them. Also, I wouldn't try to undercut the AM. Just saying. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: May 24, 2012, 06:16:35 pm »

((I doubt the AM cares whether we bother her or another teammate. It's not likely she's getting paid by the token, or probably cares much about her pay at all.))
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 2101