_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686952 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Research results post
« Reply #1665 on: May 24, 2012, 06:41:50 pm »

Research results
Conventional
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Auxiliary systems:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 06:43:13 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: The Circle of Depravity
« Reply #1666 on: May 24, 2012, 07:14:55 pm »

Examine costs of generators of varying capacity levels, as well as the costs of rechargeable batteries for laser rifles, laser gauntlets, tesla sabers, and those crowd-shock gauntlets.
The cost of a generator is gonna vary depending on how fast it generates energy. Any generator can theoretically charge any battery (though you may need to use extra circuitry not to overload the batteries) it's just the speed with which it does it. One the size of a shoebox could recharge a laser rifle battery in a few minutes, or a Fusion instigator in a few...days.  As per rechargeable batteries for the various weapons, you can get a rechargeable battery for any of them in the right size for exactly the price of the one normal battery +1. That may or may not include any sort of modifications you have to make to let them fit the various slots.

((Yes, I know, I just wanted to know how it was going. And Jim should've told Doc about that.))

Milno creates a simple backup of the suit's current setting for the matter of safety - although if it seems too difficult for him he decides to ask the research personnel to do it - and then heads to the research division to get the program installed.

((If creating a backup seems a bit harder than expected (aux roll) then he'll try to get the backup done by the research techies.))
You make a simple copy of the standard programing for the exoskeleton and then log out before heading to the research wing. A man in a lab coat is already waiting outside for you. He hands you a datachip and tells you that all you have to do is insert it into the data slot in the on board computer between your shoulder blades. He does it for you after you spend a few minutes flailing ineffectually.

((Melting a gauss slug, and the resulting issue that molten metal, even ferrous metal, isn't magnetic.))
((Yep this one. Ivan tried to create the same thing.))
((Ah, yes. For some reason I can't remember that at all, so I'll just believe two of you :) ))

Move to the wall the Nekarios is embedded (while maintaining the distance from the sentinel) and shoot the metal guardian (twice, if there is enough time).
Nick, blast it surely or not risk hitting you?

((Now, that roll was close. Good to have that profession specialization in Con weapons :)
@GM I suppose I just will make a post dedicated to that document and update it, the same way the Armory part gets updated - or would you prefer another approach to be taken?

Also,
Hell, some rich veteran could buy a generator and then start underselling the Armory master on  recharging old batteries.
Hey, that was my plan! Wait, it didn't have anything about charging tokens for recharging the batteries or seizing the economical power from the Armory Master's hands, so I guess it doesn't count.  :D ))
He's behind the sentinel, so getting to him will require a dex roll. Wanna do that? Oh, and that will work, just make sure to clue me in when you update it so I can do the same with my files.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: May 24, 2012, 07:16:01 pm »

((@zomara0292 That's an interesting idea, but I'm not a big fan of deathmatches, I prefer team fights. Also, we'd probably need to set a fixed limit on how much tokens can we spend on our projects...
I have a better idea: Battle of Hexbrax, as a joint tinker team. No set tokens limit (or a soft one), the objective - to stop the Altered. That way I hope we'd be able to encounter enough diversity to battle-test our inventions, as well as see 'who has the best and most creative tinkering skills'
Well, sometime, I guess.

@Ehndras Interesting idea, but what about increasing the difficulty/complexity of the simulation? So that you would have not a single specimen, but several of them, with the ability to reproduce and build? I mean, to observe and encounter the aliens as societies/civilizations, because a single representative might be not enough in some cases, especially if it is a mindless drone or something like that.
Perhaps as the second experiment in that line.))

((Oh trust me I'd love that, but I'm trying to keep the GM's workload down to a minimum at this point in time. I'd rather gradually introduce these ideas rather than force the GM to half-ass paragraphs of on-the-spot alien lore. As a scifi writer myself who writers something akin to this game, I know how complex the lore-building process is. Sure, I can pull a complex alien species out of my ass in 40 seconds, but it won't be very coherent... :P))

((Is there anywhere where I can read your work? I would really like to see it.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1668 on: May 24, 2012, 07:16:19 pm »

((Huh, where did the "Get man off" rolls go? D: I'm lost again...))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: May 24, 2012, 07:19:37 pm »

Argh! Just shoot the thing while I get unstuck.

Use all necessary force to rip my mechadendrite from the wall, continuing the motion to preserve the momentum the slash the MS.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: May 24, 2012, 07:21:49 pm »

(( Maniac Pevert pulled Mason away. Empyrean is standing up, and May is holding her hand.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: May 24, 2012, 07:23:25 pm »

((Page 107. The pervert did it for you and now Empyrean and May flirting session is canon. The aforementioned pervert is following both of you and asking questions.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: May 24, 2012, 07:24:42 pm »

"Well, I guess I'll have to get my rematch some other time then" says Lukas as Thomas wanders off. Although normally Lukas hates to loose even in the most unimportant of games, today he doesn't seem to care the slightest bit. Maybe it's the cigarette. With nothing else to do Lukas tries to remember some of the special tricks he had learned for the laser rifle while he was still in the army, while smoking the rest of his cigarette.

Some cigarette some more. Try to remember special tricks for laser rifle.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: May 24, 2012, 07:27:28 pm »

Milno goes to the VR and tests the new program in a combat simulation against the Shunt Dummy (+3 Uncon) in a MkII. This time, he makes the dummy also try to dodge before activating the shunt.

Also, he keeps shooting with both the gauss rifle and the laser rifle at the optimal short range distance until he can either hit the dummy or find anything of interest. Like a weakness.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 07:31:00 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: May 24, 2012, 07:32:10 pm »

((Melting a gauss slug, and the resulting issue that molten metal, even ferrous metal, isn't magnetic.))
((Yep this one. Ivan tried to create the same thing.))

((How about having another metal that is the one melted, with solid particles of ferrous metal spread throughout it?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: May 24, 2012, 07:33:45 pm »

((How about having another metal that is the one melted, with solid particles of ferrous metal spread throughout it?))
((Possibly, but then:

A) The molten metal could only be as hot as the ferrous metal could handle
B) The molten metal could only be propelled as fast as it could be while still gripping the ferrous bits

Overall, I don't see it being especially viable.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: May 24, 2012, 07:35:08 pm »

((Possibly, but then:

A) The molten metal could only be as hot as the ferrous metal could handle
B) The molten metal could only be propelled as fast as it could be while still gripping the ferrous bits

Overall, I don't see it being especially viable.))

(("Still gripping the ferrous bits"? If I keep it a coilgun, that won't be an issue. However, it will preclude the railgun type idea. No it won't, the molten metal just has to be conductive.))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 07:37:07 pm by PyroDesu »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: May 24, 2012, 07:49:54 pm »

(("Still gripping the ferrous bits"? If I keep it a coilgun, that won't be an issue. However, it will preclude the railgun type idea. No it won't, the molten metal just has to be conductive.))
((I don't follow. If you've got non-magnetic metal, the only way you're going to hurl it with magnets is if the metal's hanging onto some magnetic stuff through some other means. Unless you mean making the ferrous bits not just magnetically reactive but magnets themselves, in which case I doubt it'd match the ferrous magnets strongly enough to get thrown by the other magnets rather than just having its magnetism deformed. Same issue with just having molten ferrous metal in the first place.

And if you mean magnet slugs surrounded by molten goo hurled at high speeds by normal ferrous metals... well, I'm guessing that won't work, but I suppose I don't know for certain.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: May 24, 2012, 07:51:37 pm »

((This forum is turning into a troll science forum :o))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: May 24, 2012, 08:01:09 pm »

((This forum is turning into a troll science forum :o))
((There are few options. You either get Freudian Weapon Science or Pile of Molestery and Fail. Pick one.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 2101