_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5729311 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2100 on: June 05, 2012, 06:45:13 am »

Lay across Thomas's lap.

"The Penguin Queen demands you hand over all of the jellybeans."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: June 05, 2012, 06:47:54 am »

((@Spinal_Taper/Thomas: Kill It With Fire.))

So the armory master is able to negate the effect of nuclear explosions. That is good for future reference.

Milno watches Emp's testing session for now while trying to find a way to make the MkIII EMP-proof. Maybe by adding lead or a similar material around the main electronics.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:32:41 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: June 05, 2012, 06:48:26 am »

Lay across Thomas's lap.

((This is SO much creepier in what I imagine May's voice sounds like.

Also, what counts as a "use" of an Advanced Kit?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: June 05, 2012, 10:21:22 am »

((OMG, SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED!!!!!)))

go into a hibernation for a while
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: June 05, 2012, 11:34:15 am »

"Tsk, no books, and I would really like to read something. I will go see what I can do in the VR machines. Maybe a virtual spar...What if it is able to simulate the girls of the ship...in bikinis...Oh, fuck!! - better go to the VR."

Suddenly, blood starts coming out of Renen's nose as he goes running to the rec room, connects to a VR machine and tries  a virtual spar with all the girls of the ship, except the AM. All of them wearing only bikinis  :P :P :P

((Renen's OTP: Renen x Every woman on the ship except the AM))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2105 on: June 05, 2012, 01:23:21 pm »

You aren't gonna be sparring too well in that wheelchair, least not outside of a VR machine. Then again, VR Jim is always around.

(And if you want, I can even post actions for that too. Unless PW wants to handle it. ^^^)
Your choice. I think I can handle it if you don't want to. I'll just use a whole lot of wrestling moves I don't know what are.

Blink. O-o

Okay... Let's assume she's invincible for now and move on.

Cycle to next opponent in roster.
You wanna pick one? I really do not feel like alphabetizing.

((OMG, SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED!!!!!)))

go into a hibernation for a while
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Lay across Thomas's lap.

((This is SO much creepier in what I imagine May's voice sounds like.

Also, what counts as a "use" of an Advanced Kit?))
Well, The kit is honestly akin to medical/technician semi-hammerspace, but I count one use as using something from the kit that can't just be put back, like pills or syringes or glue. Tools and things that can be used multiple times don't count against it because...well that makes no fucking sense unless your tools are made of bread.

Lay across Thomas's lap.

You lay across thomas' lap and make squawking noises.

Seems I'll have to find a balance between actual protection and being actually available to us. I might expand on the idea later.

Examine all of the suits (including Battle and Avatar), and the exoskeleton.

Nik, it seems my idea for a shield for us to use isn't going to pan out. If it's actually effective, it's far too expensive. A pity, but I have other projects to start on. I'll start examining not only the MkIII and the Exoskeleton, like you requested, but all of the other suits as well.

Also, spawn some iced mint tea, sweet.
The Mk I and II look pretty much the same as far as protective qualities go, though the MK II's medical capacities increase survivability a lot. The MK III is a little more protective thanks to the exoskeleton and the dodging capacity it affords, but it's still not the sort of thing you want to try and tank shots with. The Battle Suit on the other hand is a veritable walking bunker when it comes to lower level weapons; it's designed to promote the survival of the users and remain functional through almost anything. The Avatar is even more protective, shrugging off almost anything while making the user an unstoppable killing machine.

Thank you, Nick. Sorry to hear about the shield. As for me, looks like I am nearing the finish of my research on weaponry.

Make a new version of a chimera gun: add the HEP (stripped of the generator) to it as well as those large & cheap capacitors of up to 600 TPU of capacity. Allow re-routing some or all of generators to charging that big capacitor bank. Also see if it's possible to use that single big capacitor bank to power the gauss and pulse rifles' parts (instead of a scattering of small capacitor banks).

See if it's possible to install a switch of some kind to turn the exaggerated movements mode of the exoskeleton on and off.

Sip more tea.

Your capacitor bank is gonna be pretty damn large, and heavy. Backpack style with a very large cable. You could power everything with that capacitor bank, but it might be a better idea to shift the generators into the backpack itself, rather then have it pump power up into the banks and then back down into the gun.

You could make is so that the extra sensitivity can be toggled, yeah.

((@Spinal_Taper/Thomas: Kill It With Fire.))

So the armory master is able to negate the effect of nuclear explosions. That is good for future reference.

Milno watches Emp's testing session for now while trying to find a way to make the MkIII EMP-proof. Maybe by adding lead or a similar material around the main electronics.
Well, lead wouldn't help as far as I know, but something akin to a faraday cage might work.

"Tsk, no books, and I would really like to read something. I will go see what I can do in the VR machines. Maybe a virtual spar...What if it is able to simulate the girls of the ship...in bikinis...Oh, fuck!! - better go to the VR."

Suddenly, blood starts coming out of Renen's nose as he goes running to the rec room, connects to a VR machine and tries  a virtual spar with all the girls of the ship, except the AM. All of them wearing only bikinis  :P :P :P

You head to a vr machine and set up a simulation of yourself fighting all the women on board. All the women are in bikinis.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: June 05, 2012, 01:25:43 pm »

(I don't mind either way, I'll leave it up to Caellath which of us he wants to spar with.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: June 05, 2012, 01:27:14 pm »

((I guess May's not involved in this. Good for her...it...thing.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: June 05, 2012, 01:37:55 pm »

((Lead is one of the simplest methods of blocking EMP waves due to its very high density, or so I heard.))

Milno sighs and stares at the electronic parts. He had a lot of work to do and a sheer lack of experience in dealing with those things.

Milno tries to implement an anti-EMP system around the most important electronics. If it fails, he attempts to create an internal switch to activate the emergency power sources quicker than just waiting for them to kick in. Keep watching Empyrean's simulation.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:28:52 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: June 05, 2012, 01:59:39 pm »

Examine all of what I just looked at, looking for anything hidden or unusual.

Not just looking at them.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2110 on: June 05, 2012, 02:21:11 pm »

Lay across Thomas's lap.

((This is SO much creepier in what I imagine May's voice sounds like.))

((Seconded. o_O))

Erm... so, the alphabetizing filter is offline? Okay, let's pick a name.

Empyrean randomly scrolls down and picks a name, which turns out to be Milno!

((No, I did not choose him simply because he was the most recently mentioned one. Ne'er. <.<))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: June 05, 2012, 03:00:01 pm »

Check the price for the sensitivity switch (and what else is needed). If it is negligible, add it to all of my exoskeleton desings.
Save and file away the Chimera gun Mk II (backpack version) design. Add the previous variant to the research results document.
Gulp down the rest of the tea.
Enter the 'Battle of Hexbarax'-'In the Fray' as a leading officer of a 4-man team of bots (all stats set to 5, all weapon skills set to 9(+1), no professions/other bonuses), exactly all of us wearing a Mk II suit with the 'Faith' (sub-exoskeleton Model B) installed and bearing a fully-loaded (two 3x drum magazines; one filled with standart ammo,  other filled with AP rounds) Chimera Gun Mk I.

I'll be off for a bit of time, Nick - testing my weapons in the battle simulation.
((I'll update the document post in a couple of minutes. EDIT:Done!))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 03:18:48 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: June 05, 2012, 03:37:24 pm »

"On second thought maybe I shouldn't do that. Those chambers are expensive."

Exit VR reinforce chambers with pipes, and add a folding bipod.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2113 on: June 05, 2012, 04:50:28 pm »

((Lead is one of the simplest methods of blocking EMP waves due to its very high density, or so I heard.))

Milno sighs and stares at the electronic parts. He had a lot of work to do and a sheer lack of experience in dealing with those things.

Milno tries to implement an anti-EMP system around the most important electronics. If it fails, he attempts to create an internal switch to activate the emergency power sources quicker than just waiting for them to kick in.
I'm not an expert on any of this, obviously. In reality we're just gonna have "Generic radiation shielding material". So you can do this in two ways, either by attempting to insulate the electronics or by replacing parts with radiation hardened parts which are designed differently and are inherently resistant to EMP.

As per manual switches or whatever, the real damage with emp isn't losing power but losing the programs and computers that run the suit. Regular electrical overloading can cause systems to shut down and need to restart but emp's are different.

Examine all of what I just looked at, looking for anything hidden or unusual.

Not just looking at them.
[aux:5-1, 6-1, 3-1, 2-1,5-1]
The Mk I doesn't seem to have anything interesting in it.

The MK II, beyond it's advertised medical systems, seems to have a "Automatic User-selected injection system" which allows the user to input their own substances and designate when the suit should inject them.

You stare at the Mk III in confusion for several minutes before shrugging and moving on.

The battle suit looks to have a built in bowling alley.

The Avatar has lots of subsystems but the most interesting one seems to be one that you can't quite understand. It's buried beneath a ton of warning protocols and is only accessible via a backdoor command. It must be something good if it's got all those warnings around it...

Lay across Thomas's lap.

((This is SO much creepier in what I imagine May's voice sounds like.))

((Seconded. o_O))

Erm... so, the alphabetizing filter is offline? Okay, let's pick a name.

Empyrean randomly scrolls down and picks a name, which turns out to be Milno!

((No, I did not choose him simply because he was the most recently mentioned one. Ne'er. <.<))
The filter isn't broken, it's just lazy :P.

You select milno from the list of teammates and place him in your room.

Check the price for the sensitivity switch (and what else is needed). If it is negligible, add it to all of my exoskeleton desings.
Save and file away the Chimera gun Mk II (backpack version) design. Add the previous variant to the research results document.
Gulp down the rest of the tea.
Enter the 'Battle of Hexbarax'-'In the Fray' as a leading officer of a 4-man team of bots (all stats set to 5, all weapon skills set to 9(+1), no professions/other bonuses), exactly all of us wearing a Mk II suit with the 'Faith' (sub-exoskeleton Model B) installed and bearing a fully-loaded (two 3x drum magazines; one filled with standart ammo,  other filled with AP rounds) Chimera Gun Mk I.

I'll be off for a bit of time, Nick - testing my weapons in the battle simulation.
((I'll update the document post in a couple of minutes. EDIT:Done!))
The switch is mostly a programing thing, so yeah, it doesn't cost anything really.

As per that vr thing, do you having standing orders for your men? Otherwise they're just gonna start shooting.

"On second thought maybe I shouldn't do that. Those chambers are expensive."

Exit VR reinforce chambers with pipes, and add a folding bipod.
[Handiwork:1+1]
You hack up a few of the pipes and attempt to make them into some sort of rudimentary scaffold or shell to go around the extra chambers. You end up with a bunch of metal confetti. Dang. 

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2114 on: June 05, 2012, 04:52:20 pm »

Observe him and wait for him to make the first move, then attack as best as I can with my measly pipe.

Did I mention 'set fake-Milno to recognize me as an enemy'? Do that.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 2101