_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5717838 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #2910 on: June 18, 2012, 04:48:47 pm »

Travis exits the simulator. The Crystalline Projector is by far better than I anticipated. I'll surely have to pick one up, but first....

Travis talks into the air, hoping to get the attention of Steve.

"Steve, the mission is underway, right? Do we have eyes on or communication with the squads? Surely we could provide them assistance from up here? We do have these big guns...and those big AAA targets down there..."
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: June 18, 2012, 05:11:15 pm »

(I do have one, I'm just not using it right now. :P)

Jim turned to look at Feyri when she spoke to him. "I'm certain the scan was standard procedure. Mesk, Charro, and Bishop were there too. They're all doing well. As you can see, I also got my missing parts replaced, and in this case, upgraded." He looked at his arms. "These feel very strong. I'll have to get used to them soon. As for immersed suspension... do you mean my brain in this platform? If so then I can't answer your question. It doesn't feel anything. It just thinks, and moves this platform around, and never stops the former." He felt very... odd, talking about himself in this manner. It was like his brain, his body, and his consciousness were three separate things... and maybe they were. It was true his brain was what formulated the thoughts and ideas he had and moved the platform that consisted of his physical body, but he had the idea that that could have easily been replicated by a computer chip... to a certain extent. Maybe there was such a thing as a soul, and maybe even a clone such as himself - something manufactured by the dozen by carefully constructed genetic material - had one.

"I'm more concerned about you. Any harm you may have come to would have been my fault. It's fortunate that I didn't injure you physically, whether with the cleaver or when we all fell from the elevator... but I'm sorry about infecting you. I'd like to think the alien lifeform chose you because you were alone with me, but... I think it may have been working with my own preferences." He shrugged. "I knew you from our first mission and I prefer your company to that of most others aboard the Sword. Additionally I have feelings of gratitude toward you for carrying my remains back to the Sword, prolonging this life, however worthless it may be. I believe the alien knew you from reading my memories. Charro was dead by then, of course, and for some inexplicable reason it wanted to kill Mesk rather than infect him. So of the two remaining candidates that it could completely control, it chose you instead of Bishop because... I would have too."

He stopped leaning on the wall. "Bishop can explain it better than I can, I believe. Regardless, there's something I wanted to ask you. Are you feeling OK? No lingering side effects of the contagion?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: June 18, 2012, 05:17:28 pm »

((MAN, that was a bad drop. And with -1 to medical stuff, I'm the best one on Team B to be helping the dying...))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: June 18, 2012, 05:27:42 pm »

((MAN, that was a bad drop. And with -1 to medical stuff, I'm the best one on Team B to be helping the dying...))
((You could wake May up and try to save her. She doesn't have a negative to med.))
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:47:10 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: June 18, 2012, 05:32:22 pm »

((This is a catastrophe. Hey, Piecewise, was this like incredibly bad luck, average or what?))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: June 18, 2012, 05:56:23 pm »

((This is a catastrophe. Hey, Piecewise, was this like incredibly bad luck, average or what?))
((You could wake May up and try to save her. She doesn't have a negative to med.))

((Check my action results.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2916 on: June 18, 2012, 05:57:34 pm »

Travis exits the simulator. The Crystalline Projector is by far better than I anticipated. I'll surely have to pick one up, but first....

Travis talks into the air, hoping to get the attention of Steve.

"Steve, the mission is underway, right? Do we have eyes on or communication with the squads? Surely we could provide them assistance from up here? We do have these big guns...and those big AAA targets down there..."

>Yes, we have big guns. Guns so big that they would destroy the dam if we fired on the cannons down there. We'd like to do as little damage as possible unless we have to.

What, you guys picking a team with no medic? No I'd say that's poor planning more then anything. Oh, the drop? I dunno, it could have been worse. You lost a hand, but you're not bleeding. Only two people were really badly hurt, and considering that I rolled such that all of you where effected by the getting shot down (E just got lucky on another roll) it could have ended with all of you cut to pieces like Nik. There's also the chance of it just outright destroying someones head a perma-deathing them. So it didn't go well, but it could have been worse.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: June 18, 2012, 09:13:33 pm »

Bishop watched the strange pair walk off together to the briefing room and shrugged.

"Later then. Come on Charro, let's go to the debrief."

As he said this, he grabbed Charro by the back of his neck, slung an arm over his shoulder and promptly dragged him off.

Pull Charro to the debriefing room with me.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: June 18, 2012, 09:16:25 pm »

((So the worst we could expect is everyone dies, the best is everyone lives. For the intro. Sounds like Einsteinian Roulette.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2919 on: June 18, 2012, 09:22:49 pm »

Bishop watched the strange pair walk off together to the briefing room and shrugged.

"Later then. Come on Charro, let's go to the debrief."

As he said this, he grabbed Charro by the back of his neck, slung an arm over his shoulder and promptly dragged him off.

Pull Charro to the debriefing room with me.
You get out of bed and grab charro, dragging him by the collar all the way to the briefing room while he continues to hold two pillows over his ears and glare at you.

((So the worst we could expect is everyone dies, the best is everyone lives. For the intro. Sounds like Einsteinian Roulette.))
Pretty much. Team-B is carrying on like a fine couple of troopers though, aren't they?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2920 on: June 18, 2012, 09:34:18 pm »

>Ah good, we're all here. Now, lets begin.

>The P-box event, as we all now know, was the accidental release of a rather strange life form that we'll call an "ear worm". Basically sentient sound. Won't lie, not sure how that works, but I guess it does. Oh, and in case any of you are wondering, no, no one here is infected. We're fairly certain that the worm escaped back into the "Puddle" back when it took control of Feyri. Clearly, it didn't us or our world. I can't really blame it. From the records you found and a fair amount of very educated guesses we've come up with a good idea of how exactly this outbreak started and progressed, as well as how it ended.  Needless to say the first man you found, the one who took his helmet off, was instrumental in the shutdown of the base and the erasure of a good deal of the main computer's memory, specifically regarding the operation of the Puddle machine.

>Luckily he didn't get it all. Fear not, we learn from our mistakes and I'm sure this sort of thing won't happen the next time they're playing with That particular Puddle. Moving right along to the tokens.

Bishop was the real star here, gathering practically all the data we could ever need almost singlehandedly. The break down is as follows. As usual the standard 5 tokens have been included.

Feyri: 5+1 she as left over. Try harder next time.

Jim: 6

Charro: 5

Mesk: 7

and last but not least, Bishop with a mind melting 21.

If there are no questions you can go now. Oh and Please don't mug bishop until you're in the hall. These floors were just cleaned.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: June 18, 2012, 09:44:24 pm »

((Holy shit.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: June 18, 2012, 09:53:33 pm »

Bishop nodded slightly at the token values.

"That's pretty accurate. You guys need to be more proactive in the future. Though, I am somewhat gracious, so I'll give you all a token each for a job well done. Except you Charro, cause you acted like a douche when I tried to explain what happened, hid important info that I had to find myself on your corpse and you also killed yourself by doing something very stupid. Suck it."

Hand out a token to Mesk, Jim and Feyri and then head out to the armory master to ask her recommendation for what to use my new tokens on.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: June 18, 2012, 10:41:52 pm »

Jim mugged Bishop as soon as he entered the hall. (Nah, I'd never do that. :P)

Jim thought about noting that he was the one who on his own - basically - had lowered the HDDSM down to where Bishop could use it and that moreover the thing was mostly a team effort, but decided not to make waves. Feyri hadn't responded to him yet, so he nodded to her. "You can answer me later. I'm going to go get a new amplifier installed; afterward, I'll be in the rec room."

Go the Armory and buy/install the Mass Manipulation Psychokinetic Amplifier, then head the rec room and watch TV. Specifially, look for some sort of program that could teach something useful.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:56:19 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: June 18, 2012, 10:50:36 pm »

((I think the fact Bishop performed the most mission-oriented rolls (searching for data, downloading it correctly, activating and deactivating shit) and actually succeeded in most of them counted heavily towards his obtained tokens.

He was a bit too cocky at the beginning, acting like he was the Messiah and only he was the one who could save the entire team, but it was good to see that as panic started to flood into the team, he started to act more normal, freaking out as well as trying to keep his cool to get the mission done. He performed well in the line of duty, and even though he wasn't under direct threats (although the team is one of the biggest hazards), I'd say he is more deserving of being called a Bastard than, let's say Mesk after his first mission, or Faith during her first and second ones.

That said, Jim is still Jim. He takes vanguard and tries to get shit done, so...yeah, he could have gained at least one more token from Steve.))
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:54:04 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 2101