_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5726817 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #3210 on: June 27, 2012, 12:54:34 am »

Feyri grinned as the components were set out in front of her. The cutting laser's modules were quite disappointing, as she thought it would carry higher technology, but what was to be expected from a mining device, anyway?

battery [laser rifle]
large battery [cutting laser]
generator [gauss]
laser emitter [laser rifle]
large laser emitter [cutting laser]
barrel of focusing chambers [laser rifle]
large barrel of focusing chambers [cutting laser]
thin metal [laser rifle]
large thin metal [cutting laser]
Sunglasses! [Worn along with clothes.]
Series of coils [gauss]
a battery [tesla]
tesla coil thing [sabre]

It was possible, but how to re-wire this system?

Hmm...There were multiple capacitors and circuits strewn about, as well as the holdings for the weapons. Maybe a prototype could work.

Request: Duct Tape! Explode another Cutting Laser!

Connect the generator > tesla battery; Line the new large thin metal sheeting with the gauss rifle's magnetic coilings, coinciding with the large barrel of focusing chambers; put the batteries in the casing of the thin metal sheet, and use the laser emitters as an amplifying device in the barrel of the new weapon.

In short, try to devise something nearly resembling a Free-electron laser then commence a firing test on a standard MK I test dummy who may or may not resemble any of the crew. :P

Wait, air discharge from the tesla circuitry. Wouldn't want that. Conventional weaponry, Feyri knew how to operate, but getting it all together may be a hassle, despite reading the electronics for dummies catalogue. There must be no radical use of electrotherapy...It was the primary circuit of the coil that would be the powering source, but how did it all connect safely?

((Biiiishop! I need your help! :3))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 01:11:33 am by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: June 27, 2012, 01:06:32 am »

((Be right with you in a bit!))

"Jesus... I've forgotten how flimsy this shit is. No wonder people don't survive ten missions..."

Increase the armor plating to an inch thickness and make it out of battleship plating. Test for strength.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: June 27, 2012, 02:41:33 am »

((Excellent, all the cool kids are joining us now. :P

Odd that we haven't got derm, though. Aside from being scifi you'd figure this'd be right up his alley.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: June 27, 2012, 03:23:13 am »

(We're still missing a lot of people that might like this. Draignean, Taricus, Tarran, Dwarmin, and Digital Hellhound, for example... :-\)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: June 27, 2012, 04:38:44 am »

Doctor Sanctor politely waited as Simulacrus had her way with the armory master.
Oh... wow. Maurice stood in awe as he looked closely at the weapon.
Nine dead men or not so hu-men... No. More like 'five lives saved, four lives taken', right?
Carefully take the weapon and try it with a couple of swings (aimed at the empty space); feel its weight and balance and estimate it overall effectiveness.
I feel somewhat ashamed to ask its price in tokens... But I believe I can put it to good use, so I ask: how much?
((@piecewise Just got a question: does using the cutting torch in melee require Uncon rolls (like the tesla sabre, which can also be used in short-range combat, according to the stats), or Con? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: June 27, 2012, 07:53:03 am »

Thrak falls out of the stasis capsule into the ship.  He got up, groggily, and looked around.  So this was his home for the next few months.  Not bad, but time to get what he came here for.

"Yo dudes, what's up?  Where do I go to check out the good hardware?  The cybernetics and augs and whatever?  Trick me up so I can go smash some aliens or whatever."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: June 27, 2012, 08:07:16 am »

(We're still missing a lot of people that might like this. Draignean, Taricus, Tarran, Dwarmin, and Digital Hellhound, for example... :-\)
((Digital Hellhound seems not to have understood the fact there is no waitlist because you just have to submit your application and then start faffing about on the ship thread. And maybe some of them may be hesitant due to one of the charms of the game, which is the fact that your character has good chances of dying and even larger chances of being grievously maimed.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: June 27, 2012, 08:16:14 am »

Hearing someone on her way to the Rec Room to read through the manuals, Simus replies:

Try the Armory, perhaps?

Get to the Rec room and read the manuals the AM gave me, then return them and head into Tinker.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 12:24:42 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: June 27, 2012, 08:33:53 am »

"Hm, that's strange.", Kyle replied with a sigh. "I can see something as simple as the kinetic amp not needing a manual, but I'd have thought some of the more complicated ones like the vector field manipulator would have come with one. Ah well. Anyway, do you happen to know whether I can use the microwave field manipulator to rapidly cool an object?"

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: June 27, 2012, 09:04:38 am »

Get out of the VR, see who is outside.

Hey, folks, my name is Renen and I am a newbie just like you, do any of you want to talk a little?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: June 27, 2012, 09:25:56 am »

((Digital Hellhound seems not to have understood the fact there is no waitlist because you just have to submit your application and then start faffing about on the ship thread. And maybe some of them may be hesitant due to one of the charms of the game, which is the fact that your character has good chances of dying and even larger chances of being grievously maimed.))
((If you can survive the mission and get back to the ship to get robotic replacements, then I view the loss of limbs as enhancements! Infact, the only reason I haven't got any is that I think that Bishop would prefer to stay as human as possible, and not go too far into cyborg territory.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: June 27, 2012, 09:37:39 am »

Thraks gives Simus a brofist.

"Thanks dude!"

He then looks at a nearby map and heads off to the armory.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3222 on: June 27, 2012, 11:21:41 am »

Today is my birthday, so I may or may not be rather distracted by people. If I don't reply often, this is why.

(I'm hoping his consistent poor strength rolls mean his arms have all the resilience of spaghetti and I can just pwn him. :3)
[Str:4]
[man Str:2]
[dex:5+1]
[man dex:3]
[str:5]
[man end:2]
You slip your arms  between his and yank them away from your face, breaking the man's grip before you grab his head yourself and proceed to slam your forehead into his nose. The man rolls off you, bleeding profusely from his newly broken nose, while you go scrambling for the knife.
[dex:6]
[Man dex:3]
You grab it just as the man is getting back to his feet.

Feyri grinned as the components were set out in front of her. The cutting laser's modules were quite disappointing, as she thought it would carry higher technology, but what was to be expected from a mining device, anyway?

battery [laser rifle]
large battery [cutting laser]
generator [gauss]
laser emitter [laser rifle]
large laser emitter [cutting laser]
barrel of focusing chambers [laser rifle]
large barrel of focusing chambers [cutting laser]
thin metal [laser rifle]
large thin metal [cutting laser]
Sunglasses! [Worn along with clothes.]
Series of coils [gauss]
a battery [tesla]
tesla coil thing [sabre]

It was possible, but how to re-wire this system?

Hmm...There were multiple capacitors and circuits strewn about, as well as the holdings for the weapons. Maybe a prototype could work.

Request: Duct Tape! Explode another Cutting Laser!

Connect the generator > tesla battery; Line the new large thin metal sheeting with the gauss rifle's magnetic coilings, coinciding with the large barrel of focusing chambers; put the batteries in the casing of the thin metal sheet, and use the laser emitters as an amplifying device in the barrel of the new weapon.

In short, try to devise something nearly resembling a Free-electron laser then commence a firing test on a standard MK I test dummy who may or may not resemble any of the crew. :P

Wait, air discharge from the tesla circuitry. Wouldn't want that. Conventional weaponry, Feyri knew how to operate, but getting it all together may be a hassle, despite reading the electronics for dummies catalogue. There must be no radical use of electrotherapy...It was the primary circuit of the coil that would be the powering source, but how did it all connect safely?

((Biiiishop! I need your help! :3))
First problem:The coils of a Gauss rifle are designed to fire in sequence for a very short period of time, rather then the continuous and simultaneous firing a laser would need. So not only would you need a new powersource (which the tesla battery could handle) but you'd need custom made firing control circuitry to control the coils.

((Be right with you in a bit!))

"Jesus... I've forgotten how flimsy this shit is. No wonder people don't survive ten missions..."

Increase the armor plating to an inch thickness and make it out of battleship plating. Test for strength.
Ie out of all of the layers? Well, it will be sturdier then the standard helmet for sure, but don't expect it to stop much more then a gauss round.

Doctor Sanctor politely waited as Simulacrus had her way with the armory master.
Oh... wow. Maurice stood in awe as he looked closely at the weapon.
Nine dead men or not so hu-men... No. More like 'five lives saved, four lives taken', right?
Carefully take the weapon and try it with a couple of swings (aimed at the empty space); feel its weight and balance and estimate it overall effectiveness.
I feel somewhat ashamed to ask its price in tokens... But I believe I can put it to good use, so I ask: how much?
((@piecewise Just got a question: does using the cutting torch in melee require Uncon rolls (like the tesla sabre, which can also be used in short-range combat, according to the stats), or Con? ))
(Actually it's probably aux, since it's an aux weapon. Though actually physical, normal knives tend to fall under uncon, so I suppose it would too for combat)
"4 dead, 5 saved actually" the armory master says as you pick up the knife. Its surprisingly light and balanced for something made by a convict and fits nicely in your hand. You give it a swing and can hear the hiss of it cutting through the air. You're by no means an expert in knives, but this one seems very good.

"I feel somewhat ashamed to ask its price in tokens... But I believe I can put it to good use, so I ask: how much?"

The armory master seems to consider for a moment.

"I'll give it to you for what the original maker sold it for. 3 token."

Hearing Thrak on her way to the Rec Room to read through the manuals, Simus replies:

Try the Armory, perhaps?

Get to the Rec room and read the manuals the AM gave me, then return them and head into Tinker.
You read through the manuals. They're obviously not the professional ones, just bundles of paper with hand written instructions created by some former inmate, but they're informative enough. You've learned about the radio control, intensity and diffusion settings on the laser rifle, as well as the overcharge option on the gauss rifle.

You return the manuals to the Armory master who is positively swamped with people.

"Hm, that's strange.", Kyle replied with a sigh. "I can see something as simple as the kinetic amp not needing a manual, but I'd have thought some of the more complicated ones like the vector field manipulator would have come with one. Ah well. Anyway, do you happen to know whether I can use the microwave field manipulator to rapidly cool an object?"

"Yeah, you can. That thing heats and cools via the same mechanism of controlling intermolecular movement."

Get out of the VR, see who is outside.

Hey, folks, my name is Renen and I am a newbie just like you, do any of you want to talk a little?
Charro is sitting on the sofa watching tv, another person is eying the food dispenser and several are plugged into the vr machines around you.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: June 27, 2012, 11:22:31 am »

((Happy birthday piecewise!))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3224 on: June 27, 2012, 11:25:50 am »

((piecewise had a birthday?! :P

Happy birthday!))

((I wonder when Steve's birthday is. :P The day he was activated? The average of the personalities making him up?))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 2101