_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5730094 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Now on TVTropes
« Reply #3285 on: June 28, 2012, 12:26:04 pm »

Ivan woke up. He crossed the room, rubbing his eyes, and headed toward one of the simulators. He hooked in, opening Tinker.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: June 28, 2012, 12:29:15 pm »

Thrak lights up.

"W'sup, brah?  You must be the doc here.  Can you upgrade me?  This weak human body has held me back too long, and I want you to push me up to the next level.  Get me better guts, new genes, whatever you got to make me a new, better man?  Ya dig?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #3287 on: June 28, 2012, 12:35:14 pm »

The monoatomic razor holds the wire taut on a frame, right?

That's what I'm going for, the wire held taut between the bits of metal at the beginning and end of the channel.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 12:43:07 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: June 28, 2012, 12:54:28 pm »

((Next up on April Eploc: Dessert Connoisseur))
Gah. That one had all sorts of nasty after-thingers. April wondered what Dessert 1-3 was like, and pressed the Dessert 1-3 button.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: June 28, 2012, 01:33:05 pm »

((I've been following the Tips Worksheet to adjust the article and make it as close to the TV Tropes standard of quality as possible. We need a "quotes" page, though. There are just too much of those being put to waste not being there.))
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:37:17 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: June 28, 2012, 01:53:54 pm »

Undress and, with the help of the mirrors, examine (just look thoroughly, with pretty much no knowledge applied) my body for any hidden surprises - starting with that little valve in my side.
((I should've spotted it, right? If not, just let out that part of my action description.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3291 on: June 28, 2012, 02:05:54 pm »

The Armory has been updated with the Organo-tissue Dominator Psychokinetic Amplifier.

((As far as the TVTropes page goes, there definitely needs to be a "Too dumb to live" entry.))

"Ah well, thanks anyway.", Kyle replied to the AM, before heading back towards the VR.

Head to the VR, spawn myself a microwave field manipulator, and enter a combat situation, situated in an abandoned complex, with roughly standard human/alien enemies. Set the difficulty to increase progressively as I make it through the building.

((Cue the armory master being the final boss.))
(Clearly the complex can't really be abandoned if there's a ladder of increasingly tough enemies can it? Oh well.)

You start the simulation and find yourself dumped directly outside the doors of a very tall, black glass skyscraper with "Generic Evil Corporation Corporation" written in 30 foot tall golden letters on the front.

Jim slashed at the man's heel while he was down, then attempted to scramble away and get some room to recover.
[Dex:3-1]
[Man dex:6]
[Man str:5]
[end:6]
You start to pull yourself up when the man brings the bat down in between your shoulder blades and knocks you right back to the ground, the air completely smashed from your lungs. Ow...you're not gonna be able to take another blow like that.

Ivan woke up. He crossed the room, rubbing his eyes, and headed toward one of the simulators. He hooked in, opening Tinker.
You hop into the VR machine.

Thrak lights up.

"W'sup, brah?  You must be the doc here.  Can you upgrade me?  This weak human body has held me back too long, and I want you to push me up to the next level.  Get me better guts, new genes, whatever you got to make me a new, better man?  Ya dig?"
"You are volunteering to be a test subject?" The doctor says, a hopeful tone sneaking into his voice as a burst of steam hisses out of his respirator.

The monoatomic razor holds the wire taut on a frame, right?

That's what I'm going for, the wire held taut between the bits of metal at the beginning and end of the channel.
Could you perhaps mspaint me a quick diagram of your idea here? I feel like I'm not getting it.

((Next up on April Eploc: Dessert Connoisseur))
Gah. That one had all sorts of nasty after-thingers. April wondered what Dessert 1-3 was like, and pressed the Dessert 1-3 button.

The dash denotes "Through" as in buttons 1-3 is "buttons 1 through 3." Ie there are three buttons, not a button 1-3.

Undress and, with the help of the mirrors, examine (just look thoroughly, with pretty much no knowledge applied) my body for any hidden surprises - starting with that little valve in my side.
((I should've spotted it, right? If not, just let out that part of my action description.))
Well, there's a little valve in your side, a fresh scar on the back of your neck- that one was hard to see-and a very small series of numbers tattooed on the skin between your thumb and forefinger.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: June 28, 2012, 02:10:58 pm »

There not being much he could do in this situation, Jim tried the same thing again.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: June 28, 2012, 02:11:25 pm »

((We should use the discussion page to discuss what goes where in the tropes page. The Crowning Moment Awesome part was relocated by me to the "Awesome" entry, which is the site keeps pointing to.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: June 28, 2012, 02:17:34 pm »

Thrak nods.

"You got new shit to test?  Lay it on me, bro."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: June 28, 2012, 02:24:16 pm »

((It's actually quite interesting seeing all of the Tropes that can apply to this. I'll be keeping an eye on the page, sticking stuff in every now and then. Wasn't too hard to pick up on TVTrope's editing conventions.

Also, why not use the introduction as the page quote? That would work perfectly. It might be a little long, but I've seen some fairly long quotes on TVTropes, so that's not a real big problem.))

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 02:34:04 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: June 28, 2012, 02:39:44 pm »

((Toaster... You rock. THANK YOU for doing that! Sub-dermal armor plates, here we come!))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: June 28, 2012, 02:46:40 pm »

Yeah, I derp'd I meant #3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: June 28, 2012, 02:48:01 pm »

((Thrak, again, has no real idea what he is signing up for.  He has a misguided idea that the HMRC is a bunch of superhumans who float along a battlefield crushing others with but a thought, then soaring through space without a suit.  That said, he'll probably love whatever he ends up with, and will become good buddies with the doctor.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: June 28, 2012, 03:09:42 pm »

((Thrak, again, has no real idea what he is signing up for.  He has a misguided idea that the HMRC is a bunch of superhumans who float along a battlefield crushing others with but a thought, then soaring through space without a suit.  That said, he'll probably love whatever he ends up with, and will become good buddies with the doctor.))
((Oh wow. What a misguided man he is. I think truth will punch him in the face soon enough, though :P

If the experiments do work, though, he'll have a solid chance of surviving missions. Those innovations created by the Doctor surely can help a person if one does not care about losing their humanity.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 2101