_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5728261 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Mission 6 recruiting
« Reply #4395 on: July 18, 2012, 11:33:14 am »

Wake up from hibernation, late and confused.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: July 18, 2012, 11:44:36 am »

((Wait, what monologue? ??? ))
((Referring to the fact Milno basically won't even notice Charro, specially because the latter will probably be spouting simple phrases full of monosyllabics. :P

Edit: We should not let Mesk raise that child. No matter what.))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:12:04 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: July 18, 2012, 12:12:37 pm »

I'll raise her, i'm sure she likes hats.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: July 18, 2012, 12:33:28 pm »

(( @Caellath Thanks for that reminder, I'm certainly going to pay a visit to the infirmary after I leave the briefing room.
@Toaster Whoa. Hmmm. I'll certainly have to think over those figures if I get my hands on them, and ask a lot of questions. And then think it all over again.

As for the girl, I suggest adopting and raising her by the whole unit, you know, some sort of 'daughter of the regiment' and the like. She would certainly need some help, and some of us (most certainly including Mesk) should probably be kept away from her (if only for the first few months or years), but we'll yet temper her will and sanity enough. Or totally break the girl in the process.
Alternatively the armory master could be entrusted with her care, I believe.

I just understood: she doesn't yet have that little valve in her chest, and she will need it installed for her to use the stasis pods (which is, survive the interstellar travel), right? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: July 18, 2012, 12:38:55 pm »

((AM can be her mother and the Doctor her father.  No problems there, right?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: July 18, 2012, 12:49:43 pm »

((Well, if Kyle can actually move around, he's going to definitely take her far away from Mesk. I might buy her a taser glove from the armory master, I have a feeling the girl will need the protection.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: July 18, 2012, 12:53:37 pm »

((Well, if Kyle can actually move around, he's going to definitely take her far away from Mesk. I might buy her a taser glove from the armory master, I have a feeling the girl will need the protection.))
((Why the hell do you think I'm asking the AM about it? There is no way I'm letting the NPC girl be raised by Mesk, or by any of the hounds of the HMRC. I'm taking her away from him next thing, I guess.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: July 18, 2012, 01:00:33 pm »

(What the?  I come back from a pleasant night's sleep to two whole pages of people trying to take my little girl away from me?)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: July 18, 2012, 01:07:30 pm »

Thomas just stared at Mays back, his expression 10% percent outrage and 90% percent confusio,.
"Wait, what the fuck May?"
((I can do dumb puns as well. But honestly, Mesk seems to be the best father figure one could find in the HRMC.))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:12:11 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: July 18, 2012, 01:21:45 pm »

((I can do dumb puns as well. But honestly, Mesk seems to be the best father figure one could find in the HRMC.))
((...

You're fucking kidding me, right? He's the one who KILLED HER ENTIRE FAMILY IN FRONT OF HER! He also has a habit of crippling people and being a horrible human being. Get that poor girl away from him!

Bishop would try to take care of her as best he could, but only for a short amount of time until someone better came along. He's not a stone cold killer, but he's not afraid to kill either.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: July 18, 2012, 01:29:00 pm »

((Presumably, that's his bad side. Look at his good side, which is out right now! He's a good father, when not consume by anger.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: July 18, 2012, 01:35:43 pm »

((Presumably, that's his bad side. Look at his good side, which is out right now! He's a good father, when not consume by anger incompetence and stupidity.))
(Fixed that for you ;) )

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4407 on: July 18, 2012, 01:46:16 pm »

((Oh. Well then. No decision making needed.))

Oh.....my memory. I won't even know what I lost. Price to pay for being alive...I guess.

Milno must have my weapons. It was nice of him to disable me in such a clean fashion.

Travis sends Milno a message via wristpad: Hey...Travis here. Sorry for uh, flipping out. Assassin messing with your brain can do that to yah. Heh. Anyway, could I have my weapon back? You can just hand it to me in the briefing room. Thanks.

"I guess I'll volunteer for the next mission"

Travis starts to head to the Armory

Oh wait. My face...right. Do I even want to know?....

Travis finds a mirror, and examines his reflection. He then heads to the armory, requests an MKII suit for the mission and heads to the briefing room. He collects his Crystalline Projector
You walk to the barracks and look at your refection. They appear to have replaced your face with something similar to Jim's emoticon mask thing. Weird.  You buy a MK II and head to the briefing room. Milno gives you back your weapon.

((The...scope?  :P))

"What are the differences between each? Transparency and weight, including possibility to wield along with a weapon?"

Ask, then see if my proposed Modded Gauss Rifle has been approved. And if it was possible to paint it - including my Tesla Sabre.
"Metal is more protective but heavier and not see through. You could use both of them with a weapon though."

Is that scope the computer assisted one or just a normal scope?

"We-ell... How about the one most likely to work? I'm guessing that would be the detachable-brim idea, but I think I'll leave it up to you."
Charro inwardly braces himself for the Armoury Master's no-doubt-harsh assessment of his designs, adding, "Personally I think the hat-launcher was rather handy, but then I don't have anything to launch, so that one's out."
>Say the above, then engage Milno/anyone else waiting at the counter in light conversation whilst waiting.
>Be sure to use simple words they'll understand.

((And I don't want to hold this up too long, so in-case I'm not around to post:))
>Oh, and if it all goes smoothly and the hat is completed, I should probably hurry over to the briefing. Thank the AM first, of course.
Is the detachable brim one the throwing weapon one?

"Well, shit.  If only my spine was in the spine-place, I could, do, medical stuff, to make her feel better.  'Scuse me, doctor, other doctor, I need a favour, please, just one robot arm... and some lysergic acid diethylamide for the patient?
"...fine, you all just attend to your stupid bets.  I'll make this girl better with just my voice, you'll see!  Uh... look, I'm sorry about what happened to your parents, but if it makes you feel any better, the, cremation, is free of charge!"
Ah, progress! Now her eyes are filled with intense hate as opposed to dull nothingness. Thats good, right?

Damnation!

Note to self: If I survive the mission, find a better way to do this, or at least some kind of armor I could use while doing it so I don't have to worry... Unless I only need to do it for the prototype... that'd be nice.

Recollect my wits, attempt to pour the stuff again, but instead of trying to pour from one hand to another, set the beaker/funnel on the floor, kneel on the floor myself, and pour using both hands so the container can't slip from them again.

[handi:1]
You don't drop the bottle this time. Nope. You just pour half the contents out on the floor. You freeze as the yellowish green liquid puddles on the ground. You hold your breath and wait for the inevitable explosion and horrible burning death. Nothing happens. Guess it's not hypergolic with the floor...

"What about pregnancies? Though I doubt it really applies much here, what with the bodies being torn to little pieces. And uhh, what exactly happened last mission? Can you give me a video?"

>Don't worry, stasis pods cause sterility. Or was it cancer? I'm not entirely sure, but either way, no long term problems there. Besides, your girlfriend there is about as anatomically capable of pregnancy as I am of love or compassion.  And I'd rather destroy evidence of that mission then spread it, frankly.

((I think there's still a spot in the mission? If so))

Save the sim, log out, volunteer, go to the briefing room.
Hmmm problematic. Orb took the last spot, but you've never been on a mission and you're pretty active which is always a plus. Ah whatever, you can tagalong anyways. We'll need a cameraman.

(( Dang, I want to have a bet on this fight!  :P Steve, where are you when your snarky comments on the current events are so badly needed?  ;D
Oh, and by the way, was this
Congratulations. You failed. You all get minimum pay and do not get a mission added to your total. You can still level up though. You are now back on the ship. Check the other thread.
a short version of the debriefing we implicitly had, or was that whole business skipped because there wasn't much else to say in the first place? Asking because it seemed a good time for my character to learn the team members' 'kill counts' and some specific circumstances of those kills. ))

(There's no real debrief when you fail, beyond being told you failed. though you could ask for specific info. I think the top three murders were Jim, Ivan and Mesk. Team killing award goes to Milno for hacking up two crazed squadies though. )

>ATTENTION ALL CREW MEMBERS: Thrak and Lukas are fighting to the death. Place your bets.

Level up:

Stats: Charisma: +2
Intelligence: +1
Willpower: +2

Skills:Exotic weapons: +2
Intuition: +1

((How many tokens does Renen have?))
5 tokens.

Examine robot body, see if the level of pain will permit me to get up.

((Also, can I see Mesk and that poor girl from here?))
(you can)
Your body looks a lot like Jim's used to before he got his synth-arms: Black cord-like muscles over silvery metal bones.

You sit up in bed and turn, dangling your feet over the edge.

((@GM: After the briefing, will you give us some time to sort our things out? I need to remember checking the MkIII suit in the VR.))

Milno scratches the back of his head after failing in finding a proper wish (refer to last post). Maybe finding that killer and finally capturing him.
"Oh yeah, one of the murderers of my team violently killed a small girl's parents in front of her and then brought the kid here. Can't any of the ship's staff take care of the girl? She'll need a lot of therapy."

Do and ask the above, move to the briefing room if the briefing starts or just watch it through the wristpad.

He completely ignores Charro's monologue and stares at the message from Travis, smirking before sending a message back.
"Sure I'll return your weapon, just remember that the next time you decide to stay away from the team and leave specific instructions about killing you if you approach, I'll gladly follow them."

You'll have some time, yeah.

The armory master raises an eyebrow. "Where is she?"

"May the best bro win!"

Bob, weave, and charge while waving the cleaver about.  When in range, slice and dice.

Lukas releases a swarm of drones and raises his arm while Thrak does the same.
[Lukas con:bullseye:5]
[Drone con:6]
[Thrak con:4-1]

Thrak's rocket slug clips of Lukas' shoulder as both Lukas and his drones open up. A spray of hypersonic rounds slam into Thrak's chest and lasers crisscross his body, cutting a glowing lattice of random gashes across him. Thrak collapses backwards, knocked to the ground by the force of the Gatling gun, his chest armor badly torn, revealing the machinery beneath.

Lukas picks up his semi-auto rifle and aims for Thrak's head. "I am truly sorry about this." Lukas opens fire.
[Drone con:3]
[thrak dex:4+1]
[Lukas dex:3-2]
[thrak str:6+1]
[lukas end:5+2]

Lukas bends to get his rifle as Thrak leaps to his feet and charges, flickering in a serpentine path toward the metal giant, ignoring the lasers digging shallow gashes in his armor as he speeds forward. He reaches Lukas before he can reach his weapon and unleashes a flurry of seemingly random blows, the blade's onslaught raising a shower of sparks as it carves deep but over all harmless wounds all over Lukas' heavy armor.

((5 stat points and 3 skill points, right?))
STR +2
DEX +3

Conventional weapons: +3'

Visit the doctor.
You head to the infirmary but the doctor is nowhere to be seen.

Wake up from hibernation, late and confused.
You look around. Have you really been standing here, mouth agape, this whole time?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4408 on: July 18, 2012, 01:48:30 pm »

We'll have the briefing now-if you're not in the room assume it's being streamed to you- and then we'll have a period of probably a day for you all to get ready. And then I'm kicking you into stasis. I want to get this mission started before I go to canada here in a few days and it becomes a one post a day slog.

>Alright this one is gonna be a bit different. No doubt some of you have heard about the “Samsonite Abyss”? It's an anomaly that opened up recently on a rather boring little planet on the other side of our territory. These sorts of things happen every now and again: pocket dimensions and the like. We assume it's actually fairly common, we just don't see it because they rarely open up in inhabited areas. In any case, we have one so we're not gonna waste this chance. You lot are going in to explore it, take samples and record anything you find. One of you will be given a very high quality camera with which to document all this-you can choose who among yourselves- while the rest of you gather samples in your usual fashion with the sample containers you've been given.

Now, here's where it gets a bit tricky. I'm sure you are all aware of the fact that we do not travel under normal drive when it comes to moving over large distances. We use what has been commonly referred to as a “Jump drive”. You probably wouldn't understand how it works but it allows us, when moving at relativistic speeds, to “Jump” between specific regions of space. Of course it only allows us to move between specific “Jump points” but you get the idea. Now, the problem is that, though the jumps are instantaneous for us, they're not so for the outside world. We “lose time”, so to speak. How much time varies and seems random at times but for the jump between here and the nearest point to the Abyss we estimate that we will lose between 12 and 15 years. As such, things may be very different when we eventually arrive, if the anomaly even exists anymore at that point. The wonders of space travel eh?

Well, we'll worry about the exact nature of your expedition once we get there.  For now, everyone get ready and then get to the stasis pods.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: July 18, 2012, 01:57:06 pm »

Thomas pushed May off of him, then zipping etc., then standing up and trying to look as serious as possible.
"I think Milno should take the cam. He's the one who's screwed up the least so far."
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 2101