_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5722989 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #5325 on: August 15, 2012, 02:31:48 pm »

It's a calculated risk. You might get something much more powerful then a similar thing you could get for sure for the same amount of tokens.

Plus it's alien stuff and alien stuff is fun and interesting and dangerous. All my favorite things.
((Sounds a little like trouble, but I bet people with good exotic levels have better odds of finding something useful. Or having their brain destroyed by alien equipment, whichever comes first.))
Well, it's not purely random and if you examine the capsules (which vary in size) you'll see they have markings to designate what they are, at least roughly. Figuring out those designations are up to you guys though.

Kill more creatures in any way possible.
You river dance across some of the smaller Altered.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: August 15, 2012, 02:37:56 pm »

((Sounds a little like trouble, but I bet people with good exotic levels have better odds of finding something useful. Or having their brain destroyed by alien equipment, whichever comes first.))
((Aw damn, I forgot a lot of alien tech will probably be Exotic.

Then again, I'd probably be more interested in the weirder/support stuff than just a neat gun anyway.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5327 on: August 15, 2012, 02:40:55 pm »

((Aw damn, I forgot a lot of alien tech will probably be Exotic.

Then again, I'd probably be more interested in the weirder/support stuff than just a neat gun anyway.))
Yeah, I'll confirm that a lot of stuff in there won't use exotic skills. There are even weapons and stuff that use other skills. It's a big grab bag.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: August 15, 2012, 02:45:50 pm »

Jim nodded. "Yeah. It's only a token. As you can see, it's extremely sharp; it could probably cut paper as it falls. Of course, you have to be careful what you attack with it; I had to sacrifice durability to make it that sharp. Interested?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: August 15, 2012, 03:23:40 pm »

Throw megaton charge.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: August 15, 2012, 03:31:44 pm »

".-- . .-.. .-.. | ..-. ..- -.-. -.- | -.-- --- ..- | - --- --- .-.-.- | -- --- .-. ... . | -.. --- . ... -. - | .... .- ...- . | .--. ..- -. -.-. - ..- .- - .. --- -."

((Well fuck you too Morse doesnt have punctuation))

((Wat. Even with the weird treatment?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: August 15, 2012, 03:44:54 pm »

"One token? Great, I'll take it. After all, even if it breaks, instead of a finely crafted sword of pure fatal murder I'll have a jagged piece of metal that works as a perfectly serviceable tool of fatal murder!"
Buy incredible sword of fatal murder from Jim. Wander off and bump into the alien junk dealer in hallway.
"Ooh, what's this? Anything cool? Any guns?"
((Also, will the ISoFM use unconventional weapons rolls or just physical rolls?))
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 04:02:44 pm by Harry Baldman »

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: August 15, 2012, 04:04:25 pm »

Roger walks over to Mesk.  So how do things work around here?  We just wait around until they need us on some mission?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5333 on: August 15, 2012, 04:45:34 pm »

Throw megaton charge.
[str:3+1]
You pull out the football sized bomb and hurl it off into the distance, a speck of black spiraling out over the sheathing hordes.

".-- . .-.. .-.. | ..-. ..- -.-. -.- | -.-- --- ..- | - --- --- .-.-.- | -- --- .-. ... . | -.. --- . ... -. - | .... .- ...- . | .--. ..- -. -.-. - ..- .- - .. --- -."

((Well fuck you too Morse doesnt have punctuation))

((Wat. Even with the weird treatment?))
What do you mean "Even with the weird treatment?" If you think having armored skin makes you immune to shock then no, it doesn't.

"One token? Great, I'll take it. After all, even if it breaks, instead of a finely crafted sword of pure fatal murder I'll have a jagged piece of metal that works as a perfectly serviceable tool of fatal murder!"
Buy incredible sword of fatal murder from Jim. Wander off and bump into the alien junk dealer in hallway.
"Ooh, what's this? Anything cool? Any guns?"
((Also, will the ISoFM use unconventional weapons rolls or just physical rolls?))
(just physical rolls. Only hightech melee weapons use uncon.)
You give a token to Jim and claim your weapon before wandering off to the find the man hawking strange goods.

The man shrugs at your question. "All I know is that the small ones are 3, the medium ones are 5 and the big ones are 10."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: August 15, 2012, 04:49:59 pm »

"Half price!  G-great!  I'll take, uh... one."
Buy the first mystery box.
"Oh, uh, aren't you, one of the new guys?  Y-yeah, you just do your own, own thing until the next mission is, is announced.  Then you have to, uh, declare your intent or something.  It's been, a while for me, I don't remember the, the specifics."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5335 on: August 15, 2012, 04:58:22 pm »

"Half price!  G-great!  I'll take, uh... one."
Buy the first mystery box.
"Oh, uh, aren't you, one of the new guys?  Y-yeah, you just do your own, own thing until the next mission is, is announced.  Then you have to, uh, declare your intent or something.  It's been, a while for me, I don't remember the, the specifics."
"You want big, small or medium?"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: August 15, 2012, 05:11:38 pm »

(Token count?)
Take the biggest one I can afford.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5337 on: August 15, 2012, 05:39:50 pm »

(Token count?)
Take the biggest one I can afford.
7 token, well, 2 now.

The man reaches into the crate and rummages around for a few seconds before pulling a capsule out. It's a pretty big one, spherical and a foot and a half across. He hands it to you as you pay him.

"No refunds after you break the seal." The man says, pocketing the tokens.

The the capsule is white and made of two pieces, with a line of sealing tape joining the two sections. The tape is stamped with a purple square that has a horizontal line through it.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: August 15, 2012, 05:44:55 pm »

Don't break the seal just yet.  Head to the medical bay.  First, check if my spine is ready for reinsertion.  Second, find a spare X-Ray machine or similar to take a peek inside the capsule.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: August 15, 2012, 05:53:07 pm »

((Why is there a pipe for thyme in my tank?))
That and making man stew. If you die then you're heading straight to the kitchen.

* Feyri remembers what everyone is eating, labelled vaguely.

((Cannibalism.))
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 2101