_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5729242 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #7335 on: September 20, 2012, 12:00:31 am »

>Ok, lets get this over with shall we?

>You're all going to a planet called Minos 9. Not really sure what you're gonna do there. All I know is that there's a UWM Tech Archaeologist who needs some sort of help. Specifically disposable, highly armed help. And you lot fit that bill perfectly.

Now, even though I don't know the exact job you'll be doing, I can tell you a few  things about the world you're going to. Minos 9 is what we call a Quiet world.  During the altered wars we lost contact with a lot of planets. Most were just subsumed by the altered, but a few were just legitimately cut off for one reason or another. Most that fell to this fate pretty much just decended into civil war and eventual nuclear holocaust. We're still finding primitive planets full of irradiated, low tech survivors. But a few, just a handful, became what are known as quiet worlds. These are worlds where technology continued to advance, far beyond what we have currently. To the point that the UWM actively surveys or "Mines" the planets for tech.

Of course you're probably wondering why they don't just ask the inhabitants to explain things to them. Well, thats because every single planet like this is quiet; completely devoid of life, at least human life. We're not sure what happens to their inhabitants or why, but in every case they always disappear.

Remember, Squishy soon to be former friends, these planets never heard about the genetics ban, never had themselves held back by the UWM's anti-technology bans. There's no telling what you will find in there.

Alright, if you got anything you need to do before you go, get to it. After that, hit the stasis pods.Your tour guide will brief you more when you get there.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: September 20, 2012, 12:03:04 am »

((Curses, a mission that I can relate my studies with! Buh, great.

Aaaanyway, goodluck newbies! And Bishop!))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7337 on: September 20, 2012, 12:11:27 am »

The shuttle of the away team lands and medics rush in to gather those who are in stasis for the sake of either being dead or being too mangled to live much longer. The rest are left to their own devices,to hobble and crawl to the infirmary.

>Everyone get yourself patched up and ready and meet in the briefing room for the Debrief. Hand your items off to the science men by the research labs. Otherwise you get no tokens and I get to hurt you badly because you're stealing artifacts.

>Feyri: You revive with the loss of 2 points in dex and extensive synthetic replacements for most of your spine and internal organs. Lightning is a bitch.
>Mason: You wake up  with a massive scar down your entire abdomen and a nurse's reassurances that your new robotic organs will work just fine.
>Thomas: You wake up with someone asking if you want robo-limbs or to try and regrow your human ones.
>Charro: You continue to be dead.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: September 20, 2012, 12:16:13 am »

Turn in artifacts, debrief.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: September 20, 2012, 12:16:39 am »

>Feyri: You revive with the loss of 2 points in dex and extensive synthetic replacements for most of your spine and internal organs. Lightning is a bitch.
(( :'())

Examine self, examine surroundings, examine point of electrical discharge. Examine elbow. Where am I?

((No level up?))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: September 20, 2012, 12:24:57 am »

"Okay, the disposable bit, I can get. But highly armed? Have you even looked at half our equipment that we have at all?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7341 on: September 20, 2012, 12:37:53 am »

Turn in artifacts, debrief.
You turn in all your bits and bobs and head to the briefing room, walking in just as the new blood walks out.

(( :'())

Examine self, examine surroundings, examine point of electrical discharge. Examine elbow. Where am I?

((No level up?))
You look over yourself. Most of your entire upper body is covered in a Lichtenberg figure scar. The only hint that your organs are all mechanical is a surgical scar on your chest and stomach. Your foot looks like it was the discharge point, judging from a big old scar on the sole of your foot. Your elbows seem fine, save for all the scarring.

(Level up after debrief. )
"Okay, the disposable bit, I can get. But highly armed? Have you even looked at half our equipment that we have at all?"
>More heavily armed then he is. You must remember that gauss rifles and nuclear bombs are not common anywhere except the armed forces.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: September 20, 2012, 12:40:35 am »

"Good point, but out of all of us on the ship, there are more heavily armed units..."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: September 20, 2012, 12:45:01 am »

Feyri was alive, but not in emotion. All she remembered before blacking out was a sharp pain through her shoulders and coursing through her body.

This was the result.

Putting on her suit to hide whatever remnants of her failure remained, she quietly snuck her way into an unpopulated part of the ship.

"Steve...could I look into the medical records on how I was...fixed? I feel like a total idiot right now."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: September 20, 2012, 12:48:51 am »

Having greeted the returning heroes people survivors, the lucky bastards, with a spray of confetti, Mesk starts preparing to see the departing rookies off.  He pauses in the doorway and looks back, counting the wounded and the intact.
"Ch- Charro didn't make it, did he...?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: September 20, 2012, 01:01:00 am »

"You have forgotten the keyword disposable. We are disposable, they are not so much as we are. Get used to it."

Bishop walks out passing milno, nodding at him, and heads to the armory.

Get some black and white paint, a brush and my new suit. Paint on both shoulder pads a black circle with a white chess piece in the middle, the bishop.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: September 20, 2012, 01:02:25 am »

"Ch- Charro didn't make it, did he...?"
Milno takes some of the confetti, making it even thinner in his hand by grinding it into bits.

"Charro is basically this now." he says before leaving to the briefing room.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: September 20, 2012, 01:24:20 am »

"I think you've forgotten one key fact: If we weren't disposable, we wouldn't be here."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7348 on: September 20, 2012, 01:43:29 am »

"Good point, but out of all of us on the ship, there are more heavily armed units..."

>But none so expendable. Off you go.

Feyri was alive, but not in emotion. All she remembered before blacking out was a sharp pain through her shoulders and coursing through her body.

This was the result.

Putting on her suit to hide whatever remnants of her failure remained, she quietly snuck her way into an unpopulated part of the ship.

"Steve...could I look into the medical records on how I was...fixed? I feel like a total idiot right now."
You sneak out of the infirmary and find a new Mk I suit in your locker. You take it before sneaking off into the barracks.

>Mostly it had to do with finding all the burnt things and cutting them out before replacing them with robotic not burnt things.

"You have forgotten the keyword disposable. We are disposable, they are not so much as we are. Get used to it."

Bishop walks out passing milno, nodding at him, and heads to the armory.

Get some black and white paint, a brush and my new suit. Paint on both shoulder pads a black circle with a white chess piece in the middle, the bishop.
(we'll skip the roll for now since you could just redo it till it worked)
You paint up your new armor with a fitting emblem.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: September 20, 2012, 01:50:45 am »

(( As far as I remember, Milno picked up my left hand. I'll just suppose he turned it in together with the rest of the artifacts/returned it to me at some point.))
Go to the infirmary and help Simus get there as well.
Steve, in case my severed hand is (understandably) no longer salvageable, can I have it enbalmed for me? It'd make for a charming pendant, don't you think so?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 2101