_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5729947 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #7395 on: September 20, 2012, 03:14:05 pm »

"Thanks, doc." Gorat says to the doctor before heading for the debriefing.

"So on a scale of 1 to 10, what degree of chewing out do you think we'll get? I'll try to prepare for a 20, I guess."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7396 on: September 20, 2012, 03:31:06 pm »

I don't think Steve really cares how badly we screw up if it only costs limbs, lives, and other bits, so long as we complete the mission and bring some stuff back for R&D.

Soo... Maybe a 5, possibly being called incompetent, but the latter is likely regardless.

Get debriefed.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: September 20, 2012, 03:35:19 pm »

(( Is it weird that im suddenly getting very nervous about my odds of surviving my first mission? ))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: September 20, 2012, 03:41:32 pm »

"Well, we did have two fatalities before we even had enemy contact, got another killed when he got infected, permanently lost Charro, damaged the camera - which is probably the worst from their perspective -, may have awoken some eldritch horror... and most of us just have sand and rock to show for it."

(( Is it weird that im suddenly getting very nervous about my odds of surviving my first mission? ))
((It would be weird if you weren't getting nervous about that at some point.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: September 20, 2012, 03:42:46 pm »

((Leaving speech to the GM is a great way to appear psychotic.))

Brother Lars wanders up to the man who appears worst off, who is sporting new robotic limbs.  Thomas, perhaps?  No matter.

"Hello, friend.  I am Brother Lars, a humble priest of the Gazer.  I trust you are recovering well after your last mission?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7400 on: September 20, 2012, 03:43:21 pm »

>Debrief

>Ok, looks like enough of you are here to start. Lets see. I've been going over the footage from the camera. I'd berate you for smashing it but the guy who caused that is dead so I guess thats fair. From the footage as well as what the guys in the lab have been telling me it looks like the sand was the Servitor race mentioned in the older brother's diary. The sandstone was something akin to coral, the loose sand being the living organisms while the stone are the bodies of the dead.

An odd world. One can only hope that those things you awoke don't try and find their way out.

Regardless, lets get to what you're really interested in, the reward. Now the camera footage is worth, oh, 15 tokens.

As he says this a small pile of tokens is spit out of the holo projector platform onto the floor.

So you can split that however you want. Or kill each other for it. I don't really care. Now, on to the individuals.

>Milno: Turned in 5 artifacts that the men in the white coats found interesting, including that big old stone head that murdered so many fingers. 12 tokens, plus the standard 5 for a grand total of 17. Add that to your current 3 and you've got 20.

>Mason: Standard 5. Try not to get disemboweled so hard next time.

>Maurice: The research crew thank you for your thoroughness but also inform you that they, and I'm quoting, "Don't need so many fucking jars of fucking living sand." Hmm. Well they give you a token for your work but I am gonna give you an extra 2 for actually doing your job as a medic well. Total reward of 8 token.

>Thomas: Good job on being possessed and then dying. standard payment.

>Simus: You would get just the standard 5 but gravity gave me a little extra for letting you be its bitch the whole time. 6 token.

>May: Were you even there? 5 token.

>Faith: 3 for the artifact you found. 0 for being a good medic. 8 total.

>Charro: Thank you for your contribution to science. We have used the data regarding your death to write a scientific paper entitled "DOOOOOOOOOOOODGE!"

Feyri: Hope you've learned your lesson about metal and conductivity. 5 token.

Travis:8 for the artifacts. 13 total. Good job with the team killing. Quality work.

Chin: Welcome to the HMRC, how'd you like your first mission? Yeah, I'll wrap this up so you can go cry. 5 token.

Any questions?

You can level up now, by the way.

>Departing team.

The stasis pods close as the last of the team scrambles in, the shrill automated message of "Fatal Acceleration Warning: All crew to their stasis pods" blaring over the intercoms. The acceleration, the jump, the slow deceleration toward the target planet, it all passes in an instant, a dream in the pods. And then you're kicked out, naked and covered in goo, coughing oxygenated fluids out of your lungs and ignoring the red tinge that they sometimes have.

They shake themselves awake, sedatives still pumping in their brain, and head to the hanger. They gather their belongings: suits and booze and weapons, and board the shuttle, crammed shoulder to shoulder in bucket seats with rifles in hand and crates of intoxicants at their feet. The outer doors close and seal, the hanger doors hissing open as air and pressure vents from the room. Confetti and a banner with "Good Job not Dying" blows past and clings to the shuttle for an instant before it burns out into darkness.

The ride is smooth, save for the punch through the atmosphere. Always bumpy there. Some of the team is nervous, looks back and forth for confirmation that the turbulence is normal. They're new. They don't know what a bad drop is yet.

The ship comes in smooth and easy, following beacons all the way down; an unusual luxury. It finally settles and the doors open. The men and women of the mission team pile out and find themselves somewhere oddly similar to where they left.

It's unmistakably a hanger, though in disrepair and tilted at an odd angle, skewed just far enough to make standing without leaning to the side impossible. Bare bulbs and wire hang from the ceiling casting feeble light down on the slowly corroding metal and cold, dry wind blows in from the open hanger doors beyond them. Scattered around the hanger are other ships, some large, some small, unloading cargo and passengers. A thin crowd of haggard looking men in heavy clothing and bright eyed new arrivals mills about, eying the team with a mix of caution and curiosity.

One man, dark skinned and with a heavy black beard spilling out over what looks like the patched remnants of a chemical suit with bits and pieces of armor sewn or belted to it, steps forward, stopping in front of the group.

"Welcome," he says, his voice hoarse and deep, "To Happy Landings."

(You're now all in the mission thread.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:45:01 pm by piecewise »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: September 20, 2012, 03:51:45 pm »

Faith grit her teeth and clenched her fists. Milno got... Simus a medic... Fucking Travis, who fucking ran every...

"Yeah," she said, her voice flat and harsh. "I take it this means the box was empty?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: September 20, 2012, 04:00:30 pm »

>Charro: Thank you for your contribution to science. We have used the data regarding your death to write a scientific paper entitled "DOOOOOOOOOOOODGE!"

It's quotes like this that make this RTD so amazing. Ah, I hope I get to go on another mission soon.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: September 20, 2012, 04:02:41 pm »

((I kept thinking that the world may be alive in some way, but didn't manage to make the jump to corals.

+1 Str
+3 Will
+1 Int

+3 Exotic, cause that's what I have left in equipment.))

"No questions right now, sir."

Gorat then goes to Thomas. "How are you feeling? I... well, I hope there are no hard feelings?"
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: September 20, 2012, 04:03:48 pm »

Milno moved to the small pile of tokens and sat in front of it, interwining his fingers under his chin.

"Now it is time to divide the loot. Let's chat." he said, an unseen grin behind his faceplate.

Seize the tokens, to keep them safe for the moment.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:15:37 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: September 20, 2012, 04:12:18 pm »

((So, Milno currently has 35 tokens on his person.

Who's going to be the first to try and seize them?  ;)))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: September 20, 2012, 04:14:40 pm »

((So, Milno currently has 35 tokens on his person.)))
((Nah, he sat in front of the tokens and is just going to stay true to his word by dividing them evenly. He's just giving people time to present their arguments on why they should get more tokens than the rest.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: September 20, 2012, 04:14:48 pm »

Faith tilted her head slightly at Milno's display, a half-lidded "Really?" expression on her face.

"Travis and May get nothing for not helping," she said flatly, "everyone else gets one for at least trying to help. You, Chin, and Thomas get an extra for being essential or helpful to Lighteater footage, I get the rest for actually capturing everything interesting."

((So, Milno currently has 35 tokens on his person.

Who's going to be the first to try and seize them?  ;)))
((I dunno, if Bishop wasn't muggable for 20 being basically useless, I'm not sure who's gonna try for 35 with Milno in his suit. :P))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: September 20, 2012, 04:15:06 pm »

Level up!

+1 Strength
+2 Endurance
+2 Willpower

+1 Unconventional
+2 Auxiliary

"Thanks Steve. I try my best" Travis said, dipping into sarcasm. He put on his MK2 suit and addressed Mason.

"Hard feelings still? Though I suppose you've been in stasis the entire time, I've been witnessing limbs be smash or cut off for almost a week. Look. You were out of line, and a threat to the mission. Threats have to be neutralized. So I did so, with a warning to boot. Just be happy I gave you your manipulator back against my better judgement and don't have any ill feelings toward you. K? Now I'm going to have a word with the armory master, I need her knowledge on something"

Travis starts to make his way out but stops himself, remembering something.

"Camera Tokens, right. Though we have our gripes, I trust Milno to distribute it fairly. In my personal opinion, 2 token should be given to the five individuals who actually contributed, and 1 default token to the other five. Anyway, I must be going. I'll collect it later."

Travis leaves and poses a question to the A.M.

"Hey...could I ask you something? Not anything bad... I'm just wondering if you know anything about fixing people in a way that doesn't involve cybernetics or synthflesh?"

« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:20:11 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7409 on: September 20, 2012, 04:15:39 pm »

((Derp, disregard. Quoted instead of edited.))
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:17:10 pm by IronyOwl »
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 2101