_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5685989 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Naked Pingpong
« Reply #7905 on: October 03, 2012, 12:14:48 am »

Back to Tinker, program the electrical burst to activate on the phrase "Go Go Gadget Electric Boogaloo" and automatically shut off after five seconds.
For no apparent reason, Mesk says to nobody "They were entirely your actions, Jim."
Wire running from generator in suit to body of suit with a voice activated switch designed to make the wire hot for 5 seconds then turn it off. ok.
(i thought we were talking about the laser rifle, or have the stats or the range tiers changed?)

(Edit: never mind. I looked.
Still, what are the current approximations for the tiers now?)
Well, assuming flat ground, clear air, no wind, normal gravity and a few other things, short range is roughly like 4 to 90 meters.
Oh, by all the stars and their devourers! I must commit the image somewhere!
In a fit of pure creativity, storm over to armory, get painting supplies and canvas, make a painting of the Star Eater!
[handi:5]
You Paint an image of what you saw' it's a perfect representation,  complete in every detail, rendered so masterfully that it appears to be oozing off the page, reaching out to touch you.
[will:6-1]
You look at it for several minutes, swallowing a mild unease. It's perfect. Terribly perfect.
"Dammit. Hey Steve? What's behind this door?"

Ask.

>The back of the Infirmary. Thats the Doctor's domain, his test labs and such. He doesn't like people running around in there without him knowing.

Milno wasn't exactly shocked, but he wondered if the armory master had been born a warrior, ready to face whatever life and the HMRC threw at her.

School...Milno had been given a bit of education, but as a farmhand he wasn't enrolled into a school. That was a privilege reserved for the people who lived in the ~5% of the planet dominated by the technological region, and much of what he knew was learned after he was captured and brought in.

He wondered how it was...Sure, he had already read about it afterwards, but it was not like the experience in itself. Although none of it mattered, he supposed.

"Oh, so you went to school. How was it?" he asked, a bit absently-minded, before realizing he was making useless small-talk and promptly frowning.

"How many times did you lead a team into combat? he proceeded to ask, moving on to the things that really mattered.

Ask.
She shrugs "It was alright I suppose. Same as anything else."

"I lead 25 missions. The first two I was on was led by someone else." She pauses for a second, "He didn't make it past that second one though, and I took over from there."
Upgrade to Archprincess of Debaucherous Sodomy.
Oh my, it appears that Thomas is Upgrading you all on his own.
((Late approval for the proposed dynamic bonus method. Though, this does seem to imply that getting a dynamic bonus always or almost always requires spending a turn prepping the action, doesn't it?))

Faith bit her lip, troubled by both the prospect of wagering against her teammates and the risk of losing. She took a sharp breath.

"...guess I'll go all in. That's, what, 14 tokens?" she asked nervously. She reaaaaally didn't want to lose those... and also it felt a bit... off, to be wagering on her teammates all dying. But it wasn't like she was making them fail, she was just... wagering on the obvious, and then... kind of really hoping it happened but only so she could get more money.

That... wasn't too bad, right?

And as for the odds... well, surely half the completely new team being maimed was about as safe a bet as they came, right? Had there ever been a mission where that hadn't happened? She was tempted to "just" wager 10, but that felt like cowardice; either she thought it was going to happen or she didn't, and wagering some of her tokens wasn't either.

All in.
>13 tokens on 5 maimings

((Are Psychokinetic overshots within the VR still dangerous?))

Head towards the VR machines.
You walk towards the VR machines, wandering down the halls, when you find something sitting in the center of a hallway.  It's a statuette of some kind, six inches high and oddly shaped, a swirling mass of spheres with segmented trails flowing behind them. It's just sitting there in the center of the hall with no one around.
"Harken, my princess! The demon legions approach! This is no time for fun and games! Have at ye, fluffy spectres of the Bubblegum Barricade!"
Thomas utilizes his kung-fu mastery to defeat his foes with the energy of the gods themselves.
Yeah you'll get right on that...just as soon as you're done with May here.
[...]I sure as hell don't want to die and I'm not going to be responsible for chaining you here if I can help it."
"I brought you along with because I didn't want to lose anyone else who I knew, anymore."

As Jim took off his mask -- the very thing that he said reminded him of his past, she couldn't help but give in to her emotions. Tears fell freely from her eyes as he spoke without the mask, his wisdom showing her what was there to truly live for. Redemption was sort of the idea on why she came here, but instead of expecting the harsh treatment usually ascribed to a penal workforce, she met people despite the lack of people, if the idiom had any worth here.

With a sniff, she wiped them off with her elbow as Jim finished speaking. "I promise, Jim. We do this together, or we die together. Thanks...for showing me how a real man thinks."

With that, she fell upon the Transhuman Jim in a hug, uncaring of how the situation looked, but glad to be in the arms of a trusted ally.

VR Scene - shift to sunset!
The VR scene shifts to sunset.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: October 03, 2012, 12:26:11 am »

"Always had to wait to see the Doc eh? Well, can you let me in? Or at least let him know I'm looking for him?"

Await answer. If answer is no, head to the Wrec room.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: October 03, 2012, 01:05:29 am »

((What an appropriate name. :P))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: October 03, 2012, 01:17:00 am »

Back to Duel.  Wear my suit of electricity +5 and spawn a guy friendly to me.  Give the dude a hug.  Then activate the electroburst.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: October 03, 2012, 02:13:04 am »

Do a hand-stand for the AM.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: October 03, 2012, 03:52:30 am »

Faith sighed, hoping she'd made the right choice.

Financially, not morally, that was.

Well, maybe some exercise would help calm her down. Nothing she could do to harm or help, after all.

"Hey Steve," she said after a moment. "Has the Doctor had a lot of disciples?"

Punch speed bag for a while. Question Steve.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Gorat dozes a bit in front of the blank TV, mumbling an oddly specific bet for 3 tokens, then jolts up.

"Whoops. Must have fallen asleep. Is that a possible side effect of... er, amp overuse, Steve?"

Turn on the TV, zap through a few programs.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: October 03, 2012, 07:36:32 am »

Sambo's Character Sheet.

Stats:
Strength: 5
Every other stat: 3.
"Just a normal bloke that's a bit stronger than he looks."

Skills:

Int: 1
Conventional weapons: 1
Unconventional weapons: 1
Auxillary: 1
Med-tech: 1
"A roustabout, handy, not stupid. Well, not entirely. Just human. Just. Fairly intuititive for a human. Even with a blowtorch for medical work. Humans know these things."

Quick bio: Sambo was a pretty normal army bloke. Trained hard, worked hard. No wars, enough pay. The best sort of army to be in. Then Sambo got bored. Then Sambo got drunk. Really, really drunk. Then he ran into some people. Then more people. Then through a wall. Then more people. Then the tank stopped. So he figured it was time to fire the cannon. The shell ran through 18 other walls at hyper-sonic speed, destroyed 4 ATM sites (auto-termination-machines, auxillery-turret-Masons, a tall man, and something else), wiping out everything with it's shockwave anywhere within 400 metres of the shell's path. Then it blew up.
14 hectares of fairly prime real-estate was now pretty sub-par. Rent's dropped. A lot.
Fortunately Sambo was one fucked up drunk commander of a heavy battle-tank. He only passed out.
Now he's here. How did that happen? Over 1,200 casualties and more dieing due to burns and high radiation. It made the news. People weren't happy.

Visual Character Description: however he wakes up out of stasis. Have fun.

Retcon sort-of: He's a Grunt. +1 to Conventional Weapons, -1 to speech. What else can tank commander's do? Auxilliary? That's a technician job. Repairs and stuff. Speech? No. "Fire now!" Kaboom. !!!!!! ?? "Fire again!" Kaboom-shanka!!!!!
"Well done crew."

Edit: forgot having any class what-so-ever.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:00:50 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: October 03, 2012, 08:03:47 am »

((What is Azthor seeing that we aren't? O_o))

Edit: Hail sambojin! Welcome to E.R. and to Bay12!  :D

You missed a thing on the sheet, the profession.

((Sorry SC if I...went too far by the description? Just say, because what just happened was epic, IMO. :)) ))

"What about you? What are you thinking about, right now?"

"You mean the millions of thoughts that spring to life in our conversation or..." Feyri paused, affixing her gaze with Jim's eyes. His blue eyes, only seen through this simulation, reminded her of the sea somehow. The sea and the sky of her old home. It was a calming feeling.

"Well, everything. In the hour or so that we spent here, I learned much more from someone who is too humble to call himself a human than I'd have learned from all the books in the system. That even though you were made to be a copy, or...let's say a tool-

"You're unique."
Hey eyes went over his body, seeing how they 'manufactured' this wonderful specimen she now knew as a friend. "Before all this, I was contemplating whether anything I ever did was worth it. If we ever changed anything just by our actions, if our works were not made in vain due to the hidden face of failure in every success. Now, it just doesn't matter.

"My beliefs were shaken by what you said. Everything matters, but what matters more is what we make of everything."
She laughed. "Sounds like an oxymoron, but that's how I see it.

"And the cake is soggy now, sorry for wetting it with my tears."

The sunset was the icing on the cake, a perfect end to this random event. This was Purgatory, if she would go by the status quo, but it was bearable. There were others going along the same path as she, facing the same trials and tribulations. She was glad to have found some semblance of peace here.

Vibrant hues of yellow, orange, red and gold blanketed the land, and the crescent sun seemed to slowly stop it's descent down into the earth as the two watched on amidst the grassy fields, along with their picnic.

Feyri looked back at her companion, seeing his face glow like an angel in the light of dusk, "One thing's for sure. You've brought hope to me, and that means so much more than you'll ever know."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: October 03, 2012, 08:33:15 am »

(( Uh, better late than never: that's a beautiful decision on how to handle the dynamic bonuses. ))
With a slight jerk of his head Maurice awakened. "...molestation and murder... ...unacceptable...", huh? ...It seems Brother Lars's preaching is over, pity I don't remember how it ended.
Go to the caffeteria, get some (3-1-2-1) food.
((@sambojin Welcome to the HMR Corps! :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: October 03, 2012, 08:35:04 am »

The sermon over, Lars says a benediction for the fallen.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: October 03, 2012, 08:46:09 am »

(Nah, I'm not going to stifle anyone's creativity. If you think that's Feyri thinks and feels about things going on, go ahead with it. ^^^)

Jim thought about what she said. Me, unique? ...I don't know. There are - or were, more likely - twenty-five others in existence right now who share so much of the same genetic code as to virtually be me, and all of us are just replicas of someone else. I don't even know if what I believe and feel are my thoughts or the original's. He looked down a moment. But on the other hand... "I think I understand what you mean. I am not just this DNA, right? The original didn't have the same experiences I have had. The others of my generation all either died before I came out of stasis or they're not awake yet. Either way, I've seen and done things that they haven't. Been places they haven't. Met people they haven't."

"I'll stay here with you, as long as you'd like me to." He looked over at her and gestured at the general area around them. "For now... let's forget about the Sword and HMRC for awhile, and just enjoy this little bit of peace for as long as we can." He thought of something that would probably take her mind off of that, and sat back up. He wanted to get it off his chest anyway. "Actually, I have a confession to make. Since just before we were sent out to that moon, mission three... I've been wanting to do this."

He leaned over and quickly, but carefully, touched his lips to Feyri's in the manner of someone who wanted to kiss another human but had absolutely no idea how exactly to go about it. Almost as quickly he moved back to his original position, looking unsure of himself. "...I apologize for not asking first, but after what happened in your most recent mission... Well, this was the first opportunity I've had to talk with you, away from everyone else on the ship," he said quietly. He just hoped he had read the mood right and not ruined everything that had happened.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: October 03, 2012, 09:05:04 am »

Oh god. Shit. What the hell happened? Where's my bottle? Or my tank? Where am I? Oh shit. It's a stasis pod. Oh shit, oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck. Where the fuck am I? What the hell is that tube up my arse for? Oh fuck!

Look around. Look at body. Ask these questions. Know that I've heard about these freaks. Say something about it.
Speech roll?
((Maybe choose a different font or colour))
It's a game. Have fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: October 03, 2012, 09:08:17 am »

((I meant painting the scenery XD))

Did he just...

Feyri blinked, confused by what just happened. "You really don't know how to kiss, do you?" Her confusion turned into a understanding as she playfully punched his shoulder with her only good arm.

"Come on, silly. Don't tell me the person they programmed you to be didn't know how to do that! Or..." What did he mean by what happened..."well, you were never taught that?"

She smiled as she considered where this was going. "I can't say I feel the same, because I do. The only other being here is Steve, so...yeah, a pristine moment of solitude and peace. And you...don't have to apologize, really."

She moved closer, leaning back on the ground. "I kind of saw it coming, eheh. But as we're talking about it, what did you want to say, again?"

((PPE: Those are a looot of expletives XD))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: October 03, 2012, 09:12:31 am »

((PPE: Those are a looot of expletives XD))

Quote from: Steve
You may start screaming now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 2101