_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733818 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Naked Pingpong
« Reply #7980 on: October 04, 2012, 04:11:47 pm »

That's why I included a ferromagnetic backplate the first time I tried with the wires.

((That fact would be a good reason why they would be sent to the HMRC. If they were a ship crewman, a technician in charge of a ship's artificial gravity generator, and someone close to a magistrate who didn't get the memo to get the minor bone implants they would need to continue living in a higher gee environment, or move to a section of the ship kept at a lower gee level, and the generator was turned to 1 gee...))

Also contemplate how the VR machine knows what my virtual self is wanting to do. Think on the possibility of converting it into a wireless visor.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: October 04, 2012, 04:16:22 pm »

GAZE AT THE POOL OF PROPHECY!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: October 04, 2012, 04:19:09 pm »

Become the Penguin Queen and mate everything.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: October 04, 2012, 04:21:19 pm »

Go to the rec room. Stumble upon the man with a painting.
Oh - you're an artist? My, it would be a pleasure to look at a good piece of art. You know, I've tried my hand at painting too - you can see those two pictures by the wall over there. Mind looking at them later, by the way? When you are not busy, are in the right mood, etc.
Appreciate the picture I am shown. If I am shown it, of course.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: October 04, 2012, 04:51:06 pm »

"Oh nice. They've got a program called 'Tanker'. That's me alright."

Log into "Tinker" and ask for a help menu or something. Ask program what sort of tanks and/or weapons they have for them. Remember the name of that guy that tried to hug you. Consider that this might be "that sort of Naval vessel". Load up biggest tank with biggest gun attached and fire at simulcrum of the guy that tried to hug you, from 6 kilometres away. Smile, knowing that your sexuality is happily reconfirmed with a tank-sized penile subsitute being fired at someone you've never met. Actually listen to the help requested in Tinker program. Ask what other "less tank-sized weapons" they have available, and if I can make them "better", to stop any hugging based actions from happening again. Get program to remove tank and lay out stock of all weapons currently available in front of me.

Edit: last two sentences added: conventional and unconventional weapons layout request.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 05:05:57 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: October 04, 2012, 05:42:37 pm »

((Don't worry about a huge description on the weapons, I'll refer to page 1. I just need them all there to play with. Still, it'll be nice to see if 6 kms is far enough away from a nuclear explosion whilst safely ensconced in a heavy tank to survive. Or I might have to re-think an idea of mine. Maybe using the biggest tank, with the biggest gun was a bit too much.
Hoping for a cheap lockpicking set soon too. Or just sound dampening of some sort, considering mission 6. Probably attached to the lockpick, considering just how much noise it will make.))

((Actually, do you mind if I sort of multi-turn it in VR? Just to move it along and save Peicewise doing pointless reply posts? Unless someone tries to hug me again. If that's cool, I'll start doing that from now on, just while doing Tinker stuff.))

Edit: second brackety bit.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:28:08 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: October 04, 2012, 06:50:37 pm »

((There should be a tank design in there with twin LESHO rifles and a HEP. Might be locked, but if it is, send a general message through the Tinker program about it, I may unlock it for you.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: October 04, 2012, 09:50:52 pm »

((I'm glad nobody is interrupting Jim and I. Or talking about it in OOC for that matter  :D))

"Hey, Feyri... what do you plan on doing when you make it out?"
"M-make it out?"

Feyri turned her gaze back onto the sky, now a cloudy mix of dark and light. The obvious answer was to enjoy freedom and live life like before...but that still meant living under the dictatorship. Excluding any ill-effects from the HMRC.

Her mind turned to Reality, wherein most of her internal organs in the abdominal region, mostly on the right side. Well, she wouldn't have to worry about getting drunk anymore, or...having her right kidney replaced, but she didn't even drink at all -- even in moderation. There was the case about her spine, which was now fully synthetic as well as most of the organs on the right side of the body...

"I...actually don't know. If I ever do get out, I suppose I'll be working for the greater benefit of humanity, to generalize. Try to find someone and make a family, cross the vast expanse of neutral space that wasn't touched by aliens and the dictatorship...Perhaps visit my sister, if I can find her-"

Damn, right. The time! What if she's older than me due to these temporal events!
Worry about your survival...

-and...well, I suppose it depends if I make it out."

She sighed and turned to face Jim. "I was pretty optimistic at the start, when everything was alright. Then I forgot how the world was, shifting to the sands of time and fate. Actually, I'm not sure what I'll do in the future."

Feyri laughed in spite of her thoughts. "I'm a pretty undecided person."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7988 on: October 04, 2012, 10:03:47 pm »

"Try to find someone and make a family"
((I have the impression this is a bit crippling. "Try to find someone and make a family" basically means forgetting about Jim, the cyborg who would be incapable of reproduction even with a synth-flesh body, unless there are technological shenanigans to solve that with a sample from his DNA (from his brain).))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7989 on: October 04, 2012, 10:06:01 pm »

"Thanks and see you later."

Milno actually had more questions, such as "How much subordination do you owe the ship and the HMRC if you actually decide to stay over ten missions?", if only for the fact he wondered why someone would want to stay over the required number of missions.

The place was basically a lair of idiots (he did not exclude himself from the count either), and anyone who wanted to stay there probably had a good reason...Like the thrill of combat, maybe?

His fists - both the organic, protected by the gauntlet, and the mechanical one - opened and closed as if testing his strength, feeling what had become of him in the small amount of time he had spent in the HMRC...And Milno felt that maybe he liked it.

Go to the VR, use the slip given by the AM to check on the battlesuit's features.
Which ones? She told ya about the standard suit's features, so which one do you want to look at?
"Oh my. You really think it's that bad, huh? I'll go find a nice place to destroy it right now, I guess. Wouldn't want to make a mess here."
Is it really that bad? It looks absolutely glorious to me. It couldn't hurt to ask someone else about it, I think.
Leave quietly with the painting under my arm while the AM is distracted by Milno. Go to the rec room. Find somebody who looks suitably artistic and show them the painting. Ask for their opinion on it.
"Hello, my name is Stacy Buttle. May I trouble you for a second, I just need to get a second opinion on a painting." He brandishes the horrifying work of art. "What do you think of it? I think it's absolutely wonderful, but the Armory Master seems to think it's terrible. However, I'm sure that I might be biased, being the author and all. I need you to give your opinion on it, so that I may see the unquestionable truth of the matter."
You run up to Maurice and show him the picture.
(How does it translate in terms of modifiers?)
Exit VR. Sit at a table and contemplate how to convert a guass rifle into a sniper.
(it doesn't. It will just change how the damage is done and what effects it has, it won't have actual modifiers.)
You sit on a table, taking up the classic thinker pose, and contemplate how to make a gauss rifle into a sniper rifle.

[aux:1]
You slip and fall off the table.
((Now I'm curious who's gonna get shown the pretty picture. Also curious about the picture, obviously.))

"What?! Why would- nevermind, I'll just ask him, I guess...?"

She began typing a message to the Doctor on her wristpad.

Doctor-

Is it true your training routinely kills people? If so, why?

"So... how many have there been that have actually mastered it?" she asked Steve, somewhat dreading the answer. "And... assuming there's any, what have they been like?"

Ask Steve, message Doctor
The reply comes back a moment later
> Yes.

>That I know of there have been less then ten, and I'm unsure how many of those are true. As per what they're like, no one that he has trained has died a natural death. Or a solitary one.

Message to Doc: I'm ready when you are then. I'm just outside the doors to the back.
A moment after you send the message you get one back. As you open it on your wristpad you hear the door to the back of the infirmary click and open a crack.

>Come alone. A nurse will meet you in the hall.
That's why I included a ferromagnetic backplate the first time I tried with the wires.

((That fact would be a good reason why they would be sent to the HMRC. If they were a ship crewman, a technician in charge of a ship's artificial gravity generator, and someone close to a magistrate who didn't get the memo to get the minor bone implants they would need to continue living in a higher gee environment, or move to a section of the ship kept at a lower gee level, and the generator was turned to 1 gee...))

Also contemplate how the VR machine knows what my virtual self is wanting to do. Think on the possibility of converting it into a wireless visor.
(it would be a lot more then bone implants. Ever read "The moon is a Harsh Mistress?". Remember what happen to Mannie and Prof Del La Pas when they went from living on the moon to going to earth.)

[aux:3-1]
Eh. Space magic.
[aux:
GAZE AT THE POOL OF PROPHECY!
You gaze deeply into the pool of prophecy and see many strapping men punching each other and yelling about what to do. Yeah, seems about right.
Become the Penguin Queen and mate everything.
You begin frantically pelvic thrusting on the couch, much to the bemusement of the man sharing it with you. Huh, this isn't very whimsical. Maybe more pills are required.
Go to the rec room. Stumble upon the man with a painting.
Oh - you're an artist? My, it would be a pleasure to look at a good piece of art. You know, I've tried my hand at painting too - you can see those two pictures by the wall over there. Mind looking at them later, by the way? When you are not busy, are in the right mood, etc.
Appreciate the picture I am shown. If I am shown it, of course.
You look upon the new man's painting, staring deeply into the immaculately detailed representation of...
[will:1]
[dex:6]
[Stacy dex:1]
[str:6+1]
You blink. A moment ago you were looking at the painting held by that man but now it's gone and so is he. You look around, confused. People are staring at you, wide eyed, backing away. You hear something, a gurgling. The man is laying on the ground, his throat carved nearly in two, blood spurting and pooling on the ground around him as he grasps weakly at the wound, his eyes growing cloudy. Your hands and arms are covered in blood and in one hand is your knife. To the side, sitting untouched on a table, is the painting.
"Oh nice. They've got a program called 'Tanker'. That's me alright."

Log into "Tinker" and ask for a help menu or something. Ask program what sort of tanks and/or weapons they have for them. Remember the name of that guy that tried to hug you. Consider that this might be "that sort of Naval vessel". Load up biggest tank with biggest gun attached and fire at simulcrum of the guy that tried to hug you, from 6 kilometres away. Smile, knowing that your sexuality is happily reconfirmed with a tank-sized penile subsitute being fired at someone you've never met. Actually listen to the help requested in Tinker program. Ask what other "less tank-sized weapons" they have available, and if I can make them "better", to stop any hugging based actions from happening again. Get program to remove tank and lay out stock of all weapons currently available in front of me.

Edit: last two sentences added: conventional and unconventional weapons layout request.
You use a tank-though it might be more accurately described as a mobile nuclear shell firing fortress city- to stave off the gay panic before summoning a very long table with ever single weapon listed on the armory board laid out for you.
"Try to find someone and make a family"
((I have the impression this is a bit crippling. "Try to find someone and make a family" basically means forgetting about Jim, the cyborg who would be incapable of reproduction even with a synth-flesh body, unless there are technological shenanigans to solve that with a sample from his DNA.))
Technically Feyri might not even be able to have kids after that lightning incident.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:25:26 pm by piecewise »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: October 04, 2012, 10:11:59 pm »

Which ones? She told ya about the standard suit's features, so which one do you want to look at?
((@GM: The ones I had picked. Melee, Mobility and Long Range.))
Technically Feyri might not even be able to have kids after that lightning incident.
((Yeah, supposed so. Having half your body burned inside isn't nice for your reproductory organs.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: October 04, 2012, 10:22:55 pm »

"Doth the age of magick end early?"
CHECK THE MANA POOL. (How much longer will Thomas be high?)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: October 04, 2012, 10:27:53 pm »

::) Caellath...

((Can you please break my facade of hope IC for once?))
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:58:57 pm by Tiruin »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: October 04, 2012, 10:32:25 pm »

((Bone-strengthening implants are the most obvious ones, but I suppose you'd need to treat for muscular atrophy. Without the former, you are crushed under your own weight. Without the latter, you're weak as can be, unable to even walk, probably much less stand without collapsing, but at least your bones won't be splinters. Also would require heart strengthening stuff, as well as something to increase aerobic capacity.

And I think my turn got sliced like a monoatomic wire through foam, it cut off in the middle of an Aux roll, seems.))

virotox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: October 04, 2012, 10:37:24 pm »

(Wow, i failed at sitting. But seriously an aux roll for sitting at a table?)
(And i was thinking more this pose than the thinker.)

Get up. (I'm probably going to regret this...) Look over towards the commotion and the painting.
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 2101