_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686632 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Naked Pingpong
« Reply #8010 on: October 05, 2012, 02:16:33 am »

((it's not killing, it's helping. I'm trying to make sure he doesn't freak out and bleed out quickly. We don't know how much damage Maurice did. An unconscious body is sometimes a healthy body, or one not liable to cause themselves more harm. And one with less possesions in this case as well.))
It's a game. Have fun.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #8011 on: October 05, 2012, 02:36:06 am »

Lukas receives a mysterious wristpad message that immediately pops up in his HUD. Lukas checks the message and sends one back. Shortly after sending the message he arrives in the Rec room, seeing one guy on the ground, unconscious and bleeding. He sees another guy standing over him. The guy on the ground is vaguely familiar but Lukas has no idea who the other guy is. "Oh well. I might as well take them both." Lukas grabs both guys and starts dragging them to the infirmary.

Do the above
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8012 on: October 05, 2012, 02:52:22 am »

((it's not killing, it's helping. I'm trying to make sure he doesn't freak out and bleed out quickly. We don't know how much damage Maurice did. An unconscious body is sometimes a healthy body, or one not liable to cause themselves more harm. And one with less possesions in this case as well.))
(( Oh, but we do. Maurice killed him. You know, like, slit the throat. The rest is only a matter of time.
I should only be grateful that in that surge of insanity I went for the preliminary dispatching action (slitting the throat), and not the finishing one (one that would ensure his perma-death - hacking through the cranium/rending the brain from the head's underside/plunging the Instrument through the eye-socket/etc.). With that strength roll I totally could have accomplished that.
So, that leaves only one rational decision - getting to the infirmary with Stacy's about to be cooling body. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8013 on: October 05, 2012, 03:06:36 am »

((It should look quite good actually. Prosperus is dragging me, while I'm dragging and choking Stacy/stopping arterial blood flow out his throat, while Maurice is actually helping Stacy- like a real doctor or something.

It a HMRC medical conga-line!

I'm taking the excuse that by the time your throat is severed in a tank, you'll either live quickly from first-aid or die quickly. Either way, the rest of the crew probably wants you not moving and you might not need your possesions for a while. Just following my training........)) ::)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:08:11 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8014 on: October 05, 2012, 03:26:25 am »

((Just following my training........)) ::)
((Arterial blood flow?

Oh dear. That's a bad sign of d-

Oh dear.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8015 on: October 05, 2012, 03:33:17 am »

Jim wasn't sure what to say to that, so instead he changed the subject. "Hey, um... after your... injury on the previous mission, do you know who it was that attended to you?" he asked, turning his attention to Feyri. "Just curious. If you don't know, don't worry about it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8016 on: October 05, 2012, 04:21:48 am »

Which ones? She told ya about the standard suit's features, so which one do you want to look at?
((@GM: The ones I had picked. Melee, Mobility and Long Range.))
Technically Feyri might not even be able to have kids after that lightning incident.
((Yeah, supposed so. Having half your body burned inside isn't nice for your reproductory organs.))
Melee doesn't have the Electrical system, Mobility has the same systems, and long range is missing the electrical and claymore systems as well as the Overdrive mode.

"Doth the age of magick end early?"
CHECK THE MANA POOL. (How much longer will Thomas be high?)
Your mana seems to be running low and the world is starting to become very mundane.
((Bone-strengthening implants are the most obvious ones, but I suppose you'd need to treat for muscular atrophy. Without the former, you are crushed under your own weight. Without the latter, you're weak as can be, unable to even walk, probably much less stand without collapsing, but at least your bones won't be splinters. Also would require heart strengthening stuff, as well as something to increase aerobic capacity.

And I think my turn got sliced like a monoatomic wire through foam, it cut off in the middle of an Aux roll, seems.))
Nah, I don't know where that extra aux came from, but that is your turn.
(Wow, i failed at sitting. But seriously an aux roll for sitting at a table?)
(And i was thinking more this pose than the thinker.)

Get up. (I'm probably going to regret this...) Look over towards the commotion and the painting.
There seems to be a lot of people hanging around someone laying on the ground. And is that blood? Lots of blood?
"Gurgleh, gurgle grah gurgle!"
Consarn it, didn't know it was that bad! Why does this always happen to me?
Try to slow the bleeding from my throat and make it flow somewhere other than down my trachea. Attempt to make my way to the infirmary. If I actually get there, get medical help. Alternatively, should anyone in the rec room feel like providing me with medical assistance, cooperate.
"Burble gharl *cough* gurgle!"
I'll clean the blood up later, I promise!
((That painting is amazing! Definitely a keeper, that one. Also, what did the whole scene look like to Stacy?))
You grope weakly at your neck, unable to do anything substantial to stop the bleeding. The world goes black a moment later.
[fatal wound:1]
[You have passed out]
(It looked like Maurice pretty much just pulled out his knife and, in one blow, hacked a 5 inch deep gash through your neck.)
"Oh goodie. Last time someone said come alone, I wound up a hundred miles out at sea, in a rusty bathtub. Fun times. Least they left me a beacon."

Ignore previous incident, enter the back and find the nurse.
You walk through the door and it closes behind you with a soft click. A nurse is waiting for you a few feet down the hall, her face covered by a surgical mask.
"This way." She says, turning on her heel and walking away. You follow her down the hall and into a room, a very odd looking sort of room. It's not the standard operation room; it's got a bed but it looks as though there are specimens of various things suspended in bio-gel solutions spread around the room. The nurse closes the door behind you, whispering "He'll be with you in just a moment."
LAY THE EGGS AND LET MY SPAWN RULE THE UNIVERSE.
You can't lay eggs, you're just a normal person.
No time to explain, Faith. Quick, help me get him to the infirmary.
Drop the bloodied Instrument and take Stacy to the infirmary.
What. Did. I. Damn. It. Do?
You scoop up Stacy and start dragging her toward the infirmary when that enormous robot man who you've seen tramping about grabs both you and Stacy and drags you to the infirmary.
"Urrrggghhh. What the hell was that? Damn, just when I was getting started."

Save current setup, exit VR machine, walk over to bleeding man.

"What the fuck happened to you?"

Edit: Probably best to read the below as "Assist Maurice".

((but I still get first dibs if he dies)).

Cover bleeding man's thoat with hand. Use my medical skills to stop him dieing for now. Squeeze slight harder than necessary to stop blood flowing out of wound, choking him to just beyond the point of unconsciousness. Drag man by head and throat to where the sign said medical bay was. Enter medical bay/knock on door.

"Hey doc, someone got their throat fucked up. Could you help him?"

If there's no answer, begin looting unconscious body.

Edit: didn't update page before posting. Now assisting Maurice in medical work, while choking/helping Stacy. Then, let the looting begin.
The bleeding man and the man near him are scooped up by a giant robot man and dragged away before you can do anything. Huh.
Lukas receives a mysterious wristpad message that immediately pops up in his HUD. Lukas checks the message and sends one back. Shortly after sending the message he arrives in the Rec room, seeing one guy on the ground, unconscious and bleeding. He sees another guy standing over him. The guy on the ground is vaguely familiar but Lukas has no idea who the other guy is. "Oh well. I might as well take them both." Lukas grabs both guys and starts dragging them to the infirmary.

Do the above
You walk into the Rec room, grab Maurice and The bleeding man and drag them to the infirmary. You dump the bleeding man onto a bed where he is instantly swarmed by nurses. The door to the back clicks open and a hud map blinks up onto your eyes showing you where to go. You shift Maurice on your shoulder and walk into the back, heading for the location indicated.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8017 on: October 05, 2012, 04:29:53 am »

((Lucky nurses, getting first dibs on all his gear. Nah, just kidding. I was sort-of trying to save him. A fair bit at least. It's not as though I new him at all. It's just that other people got there first. Damn nurses :)  ))
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8018 on: October 05, 2012, 04:46:44 am »

"Well, that was pretty weird. What happened to that guy? I can guess that someone cut his throat or something, but who and why? I was only in VR for a bit, the next thing there's some bloke bleeding out and a robot and stuff.
Does this stuff happen much?"

Ask these questions to anyone else in the rec room that isn't VRing. Wait for answer. After receiving answer, walk back over to VR machine. Load up previous weapon layout. Worry about own throat a bit.
Make file: Project #1
Summon Mark I suit. See how difficult it would be to put some reinforcement around the bottom of helmet/upper chest area. Armoured reinforcement, but fairly light. A moly-titanium alloy perhaps. Not too bulky or covering, just neck armour, similar to a medieval gorget. Test for difficulty of armouring throat area. Save project. Remove Mark 1 suit from area.

Make project #2. Pick up kinetic amp glove. Look at working parts (actual amplifier, not glove peices). Summon reinforced sledgehammer with a 2.5 kilogram metal head. See if kinetic amp working bits could be attatched to sledgehammer. Actual impact area on one side of hammer's head.  Request if there are any designs similar to this that have been (or are being) worked on.

((is this too much for one turn in VR? Basic idea for armoured throat is a laser can cut it, a guy with a knife can't. "Lockpick" still being worked on. Still, 3000 newtons of force is pretty easy from a sledgehammer. It might also be useful for other stuff than opening doors. A bit slow without an exo-skeleton, but at least it's easier to pass to a team-mate than a glove on your suit would be.))
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 04:53:07 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8019 on: October 05, 2012, 06:25:13 am »

((Well, at least I didn't get looted. And nobody got hurt except Stacy! A win for everyone, it seems. Wonder what will become of the painting. Seems like it's fate for my characters to become involved with deadly eldritch artifacts.))

((On another note, will Stacy just wake up on his own in time?))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8020 on: October 05, 2012, 06:57:41 am »

[fatal wound:1]
[You have passed out]
(It looked like Maurice pretty much just pulled out his knife and, in one blow, hacked a 5 inch deep gash through your neck.)
((O_o

Poor neck. That's 4.9 inches too much!...Does he even have a neck with a gash that deep?

Also, artery cuts. That's baaad, but at least you're surrounded by professional nurses!...Hope they can stifle the pressure straight from your heart. You're gonna live. :P))

"Just curious. If you don't know, don't worry about it."

"I-I think it was one of the doctors on ship? A surgeon along with his team. I- forgot to thank him, now that you remind me...But the news was harsh, said most of the organs along this side," she gestured to the side facing Jim -- the right, "had to be replaced. Most of my right ranging from my shoulder downwards. Gladly, what 'killed' me didn't strike my heart, or disable my arm and leg (and my brain, heh). So I'm guessing I got lucky.

"Though I don't think I can get drunk anymore, or move as much due to having most of my nerves...destroyed and replaced. As well as my spine."

She looked away and lightly leaned on him as she thought of a reply. "The doctor was a nice man, explained everything to me. Who knew Bio-Gel could...fix up severed appendages?

"Err, anyway, why'd you ask that?"
She said as she glanced above, the faint twinkle of numerous stars appeared in the sky, but only faintly at the moment.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8021 on: October 05, 2012, 08:12:17 am »

As he saw nurses swarming over Stacy, Maurice exhaled with relief and spoke to no one in particular: I would like to submit myself for mental state examination and, possibly, incarceration as I - oh, that's swift, thanks. - He ceased talking as Lukas took him into the inner, previously restricted areas of the med bay. Just as expected of Steve and/or the person appointed the head of this place.
Observe the surroundings. Don't resist.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8022 on: October 05, 2012, 08:23:02 am »

This game is kinda boring. No rules means no cheating to be mad about and no cheaters to declare evil and jeer at and May is being annoying again and what the **** did just happen?!...

Gorat jumps up and stares at the scene that had unfolded. Had Maurice really just cut someone else's neck? He had something in mind that he heard about some picture....

"Well, that was pretty weird. What happened to that guy? I can guess that someone cut his throat or something, but who and why? I was only in VR for a bit, the next thing there's some bloke bleeding out and a robot and stuff.
Does this stuff happen much?"
"Well, I don't know the guy who was attacked, but the attacker was a medic on the last mission. Big knife, had cut off some of my fingers, but otherwise didn't seem to type to do that ****. Why, I have no idea. There was something about a picture, but, well. Bouts of insanity, these seem quite common, just look at those drugged guys. Murder like that... I heard about a fight to the death before we left for the last mission. Wouldn't hold my breath that it's rare, though..."

Casually glance at the picture in question from where I stand.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8023 on: October 05, 2012, 09:51:29 am »

"I was just curious if there was a competent medic on your team, that's all," Jim said. Mesk's doctoring wasn't useful for saving lives, that was for sure. It was useful for traumatizing small children and ruining families, though. "As for not getting drunk, well, this is VR. If it can simulate food correctly I'm sure it can also simulate the effects of being drunk. Not that I've ever been, myself." He shrugged. They hadn't been allowed alcohol in the barracks, and after his first mission with the HMRC he didn't have any organs besides his brain left anyway.

He reached over and touched her right shoulder. "...Does it still hurt?" he asked, meaning the electrical injuries.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

virotox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8024 on: October 05, 2012, 10:05:06 am »

Go to VR. Poacher, hunter, urban, equipped with laser rifle with 1 extra FC and X10 scope.
Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 2101