_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5721108 times)

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8820 on: October 19, 2012, 01:29:47 pm »

((@GM: I thought Maurice was with Renen. Everytime Renen did something, I added for Renen to take Maurice with him so I believe Maurice is by Renen's side, isn't he?))

No, with all this mess. We had to made sure one could be returned. I heard he is a very good field medic, and I would not like my team to be treated by Faith or Mesk, they have their titles for a reason. I'm gonna do it now.

If Maurice is near Renen, stab Maurice throught his heart. If not, just search for Maurice and stab through his heart.

Sorry. pal. It was a pleasure to meet you. See you later.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: October 19, 2012, 02:24:08 pm »

When he notices May coming to comfort him, Thomas stands up, takes hold of her shoulder.
"Don't worry, it's nothing. Just... just thinking about something. Why don't we go join the celebrations?"
He says, in a shaky, unsure voice. He forces himself to smile at her.
Go join the celebrations of the others.

((@GM: I thought Maurice was with Renen. Everytime Renen did something, I added for Renen to take Maurice with him so I believe Maurice is by Renen's side, isn't he?))

No, with all this mess. We had to made sure one could be returned. I heard he is a very good field medic, and I would not like my team to be treated by Faith or Mesk, they have their titles for a reason. I'm gonna do it now.

If Maurice is near Renen, stab Maurice throught his heart. If not, just search for Maurice and stab through his heart.

Oh, and blast Renen before this happens, if possible.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 02:32:19 pm by Spinal_Taper »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: October 19, 2012, 02:29:37 pm »

(I don't think you can. :\ Both of them - and Prosperus - are locked in the back area of the Infirmary, deep in the Doc's territory IIRC.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: October 19, 2012, 02:35:13 pm »

((They're trying it mentally, Jim. :P

It's like thinking your opponent is with you, then you smite him in the most cruel fashion possible. It helps morale.

Not that I know of course.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: October 19, 2012, 03:07:39 pm »

((Already in the Barracks anyways, wohoo!))

Helmet off, all weapons away. When everything calms down and if Milno is still there, go and clap him on the back.

You may be snarky as all get out, but damn if you aren't competent. Good job out there.

Then go and sit on my bunk and contemplate whether or not a laser that's been through multiple focusing chambers can still be directed through Fiber Optics, or if it'll just slice through.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8825 on: October 19, 2012, 04:05:44 pm »

Xcom Er Journal for anyone interested.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ashley was floating along the hallways, trying to find out what is going on, when suddenly she was embraced by the arms of a mistress who she had been born with, and had been around for a long time. Which means, she just fell flat to the ground.
"Wah!"

Try to get up, see if my muscles are still functional with gravity
You get up and walk to the barracks without any trouble. Apparently being in zero-g for less then a day didn't rot your muscles. Always a good thing.
"Oh, gravity!  I missed you so!"
Tear out some more wire and take it with me to the barracks.
You grab some wires and head to the barracks, taking a seat on one of the beds and bouncing up and down, enjoying gravity.

"Well, first my body locked up like a giant charley horse, then my thoat felt like a spiker crawled down it, then when the tumor started growing, it felt like someone taking a circular saw to my shoulder blades. Everything else was your average agonizing pain. Oh and the tumor almost cut off the blood to my head by shoving my neck up into the strap."

Folow the Doctors orders.
The Doctor gets another one of the lumps from it's containment jar and squishes it in one hand a bit while looking at you.
"Actually, best to let you up at this point. Those Heat manifolds are going to need somewhere to form."
He releases you from the remaining straps but has you stay sitting on the table. He hands you the lump of flesh he's been idly squeezing and gestures for you to swallow it.

"You, robot." He looks at Lukas, "Keep an eye on him. Don't shoot him though. If he loses it, just restrain him and call me."

He walks out of the room again, the door swinging shut behind him.

Head off to the barracks.
"Everything has worked out for the best once more! I knew we could do it, team! Destroy the rec room and mess up everything, that is. Wasn't so sure about the 'getting out of this alive' part."

Overjoyed at these developments, Stacy can't help but break out into a musical number performed in the style that was most popular and beloved in his nebulous and distant youth: post-cybergrunge ultrarap!
You head to the barracks, Post-cybergrunging the whole way, much to the great annoyance of literally everyone around you.

Punch Floki in the nuts as hard as possible, without the kinetic amp turned on. Then go to the barracks.

"Payback time pinko!"

(( Ahhhhhhh, everything is back to normal and my character didn't learn a thing. Well, I guess he did. It's a specifically non-lethal attack this time. Really, actually, non-lethal.
I bet Floki probably has balls-of-steel as well. Or balls-of-steal. Whatever. ))
[dex:4]
[scrambles dex:6]
[Scrambles str:3]
Your long standing rival sidesteps your blow an flicks you in the nose before walking to the barracks. You follow, seething with rage an embarrassment.
I'm starting a new game on the new xcom. New.  And I'll be naming all my characters after you lot. It seemed fitting. Now you can die to aliens twice as often! Milno, Jim, Feyri and Ivan are in so far.

First not really tutorial mission was called "Hot Stranger". Went quite well, no one killed, though jim got injured (fitting eh?). Of course, he didn't get blown in half, but he did use a rocket to blow the hell out of the guy who shot him. Feyri got promoted to Assault Class.
((Yay! Also, 11 days to spare. Take that temporal limits!))

Quote from: Feyri Nirel; Broadcasting
Milno is back and alive! :D

"Hahah! Milno! You did it!"

Feyri hugged the 17 year old hero after getting her bearings due to the gravity.

"So it was on the outer part of the ship after all! I've never thought that was the case. You, and Jim here!

And we're all heading back to the Barracks for rest and relaxation. Isn't that great?"

Afterwards, head back to barracks, check if my personal datapad is still in it's rightful place under my pillow.

If not, look for it!

You give Milno a hug, an action he seems rather uncomfortable with, before walking to the barracks and searching out your personal datapad. You find it on the ground across the room, along with what you think is your pillow. Dang zero g.

Keep an eye on Cog.

You point your hand at cog again, eager to be useful. In a homicidal fashion, if need be.

((
"So, uh, we all back ta normal, then?" Floki said this to no-one in particular as the crowd dispersed, peering into the wrecked rec room in mild bemusement. "...What the fuck is normal around here, anyway?"
Then something caught his eye amongst the rubble, and he floated fowards with determination, pausing to grab the computer from the nearest person's arm as he passed them.

>"Borrow" someone's wristpad computer and use its bits to fix the TV.

Noooo! Piecewise skipped my action and if I did it now the AM would get mad. :'())
You couldn't do it anyways, it would be like trying to repair a smashed tv with a calculator watch.

I'm starting a new game on the new xcom. New.  And I'll be naming all my characters after you lot. It seemed fitting. Now you can die to aliens twice as often! Milno, Jim, Feyri and Ivan are in so far.

First not really tutorial mission was called "Hot Stranger". Went quite well, no one killed, though jim got injured (fitting eh?). Of course, he didn't get blown in half, but he did use a rocket to blow the hell out of the guy who shot him. Feyri got promoted to Assault Class.

(Please keep us up to date with this. I have a passing interest in this game and hearing about the HMRC's misadventures in a different setting is quite amusing. ^^^ Also, yeah, that totally fits with Jim's Buttmonkey status. :P)

Jim headed back to the barracks as ordered after giving the Armory Master a respectful nod - and one for Milno, as well, since he had found and destroyed the anomaly, after all. Once there, he sat down near Feyri's bunk and... shilled his products once more. "Swords for sale! Got two left, one token each! Also, I have a painkiller that lasts forever, three tokens and it can be yours," he announced.
You head to the barracks and transform Feyri's bed into a makeshift storefront, hawking your wares as the rest of the crew filters in.

(Please keep us up to date with this. I have a passing interest in this game and hearing about the HMRC's misadventures in a different setting is quite amusing. ^^^ Also, yeah, that totally fits with Jim's Buttmonkey status. :P)
((Yeah, this sounds entertaining.

Er, what difficulty?))

"...painkiller that lasts forever?" Faith asked, raising an eyebrow at Jim.

Be shooed into the barracks.
(Normal right now, but ironman mode so no reloading if things go bad. I was gonna play classic but I've heard that in classic the way enemies behave doesn't make sense some times, with them firing through walls and having impossible line of sight. But if this seems to easy I'll bump the difficulty up until it's a challenge.)

You allow yourself to be shooed to the barracks along with everyone else.

"Yeah, that's what I'm thinking..."

Read the paper.

((I did dig up the original, but maybe we can get more info out of a reread:))
Hmmm the paper is a rather long and complex but from what you can tell the pill is some sort of "Permanent Painkiller". Whoever takes it will still feel minor pain, so as to realize they are injured, but will never feel anything worse then a dull ache.
Jim, Feyri and Faith all huddle together and read the fine print on the tissue paper thin pamphlet.

"The effect of the pill is such that it renders a permanent change to  nociceptors, allowing them to function as normal but limiting their response and creating an upper as well as a lower threshold of sensitivity."

Huh.

Retire to the barracks. Take a long, hot shower if available.

You head to the barracks and into the bathroom area connected to it, stripping down and getting into a nice, hot shower. Good thing this stuff still works.

*Sadface*

Comfort Thomas.
You pat Thomas on the head. He seems less then ecstatic.

Go to the barracks, then try and find something useful to read in the meantime.
You head to the barracks and look around for some sort of book or magazine, but can't find anything. Hell, three people over there are crowded around what looks like a piece of toilet paper with scribbles on it, this isn't exactly a library.

Lars bows toward the Armory Master.

"Thank you, ma'am.  May the light of Steve guide your travels."

Head off to the barracks with the rest of the crowd.  Offer blessings to Milno when he returns.
You head to the barracks, shouting the praises of your new saint and protector.

Head to the barracks.

((When the Armory Master tells you to get out, you listen. :P))

You go to the barracks, wagering that it's best not to annoy the Armory Master.

"I live,! HA HA HA HA ha ha ha ha ha ha, no god damn anomalies are going to get me down, Oh an A.M do you have any med kits nearby, i appear to have broken my jaw."
Look for people with med kits, reason with the A.M.
"Just go to the Infirmary." The armory master replies, shouting at you through the bullhorn.

Milno sighed as he made his way around the ship, rocket pods still flared up to keep him slightly above the ground as he moved towards the barracks as oriented. He turned off his pods and immediately heard the shouting and the noises, apparently some kind of bum party for not dying/being killed by murder wires.
"...Why am I not surprised."

Milno gets to the barracks.
You head to the barracks and are immediately assaulted by people cheering your name and praising your sainthood. Hm.

Maurice is nowhere in sight and the doctor is standing right in front of you, tapping his foot. He seems a bit impatient.

When he notices May coming to comfort him, Thomas stands up, takes hold of her shoulder.
"Don't worry, it's nothing. Just... just thinking about something. Why don't we go join the celebrations?"
He says, in a shaky, unsure voice. He forces himself to smile at her.
Go join the celebrations of the others.

Oh, and blast Renen before this happens, if possible.

You join the others in their celebrations, praising milno and generally being glad you're not dead.

...yet.

The armory master wanders in after a few minutes and beeps the Bullhorn a few times till everyone is paying attention.

"Alright, here's the deal. This place is in pretty bad shape right now, specifically the rec and briefing rooms, so Maintenance workers are going to be moving in and out of their for a while, fixing everything you broke. And until they're finished steve isn't going to be able to make announcements over the intercoms. As such, there are going to be a few temporary changes: first, the rec room is off limits till they're done, same with the briefing room. Second, for the time being, Milno," She tosses Milno a datapad, "Is officially in charge and has the only line to Steve. If you need something answered, you come to him. Thats it. You're free to leave"

She turns and walks out without another word.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: October 19, 2012, 04:16:58 pm »

"Hey, Milno! Would you like some of this fine alcohol I have here? Got it way back when everything still worked!"
If he agrees, hand him a bottle of regular booze. If not, take a swig myself. Also, smoke a blue-smoke cigarette to celebrate.
"Would anybody else care for a smoke?"
If anyone volunteers, allow them to take one (BUT ONLY ONE) cigarette.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: October 19, 2012, 04:18:30 pm »

I've got my own Bluesmokes.

Examine Jim's paper for the painkiller, then go and sit on my bunk and contemplate whether or not a laser that's been through multiple focusing chambers can still be directed through Fiber Optics, or if it'll just slice through. Have a bluesmoke whilst doing so.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:21:59 pm by PyroDesu »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: October 19, 2012, 04:21:26 pm »

((Xcom is awesome. Wish I had it :P))

"Here comes the question train," Feyri said, hinting sarcasm along with her respect at the young lad. "Can you ask Steve more about that anomaly?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: October 19, 2012, 04:22:29 pm »

I concur with Feyri's question, what the hell was that?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: October 19, 2012, 04:23:18 pm »

((I have the European ps1 re-release. All I can say is that it is hard.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: October 19, 2012, 04:28:44 pm »

"Yep, love one. Thanks. Congratulations on the promotion Milno. I guess I should call you Boss now, like we did to the head nobs back in the army. That was some good work there. Shit was getting pretty fucked up inside before you sorted it. Cheers Boss."

"Brother Lars, do you mind if I have my sledgehammer back? I've got an idea of how to open doors a bit quicker next time. "

Smoke cigarette. Get sledgehammer off Lars if he gives it. See if I can procure a drink while it's going around.

"Oh, and Floki. Yeah, I guess you got me a good one. You're one up for now. Next time maybe......"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:32:36 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: October 19, 2012, 04:30:45 pm »

"Congrats Milno, Or should i say "St Milno the bastard of steve"."
Smirk and head to the infirmary, get the jaw fixed.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: October 19, 2012, 04:35:16 pm »

"Uhh. This seems like a bad idea. Bottoms up, it guess....

Swallow the piece of tissue.

((I imagine Lukas is pointing finger guns at me.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8834 on: October 19, 2012, 04:39:08 pm »

Continue showering, ignoring the cheers and question-asking in the barracks. Wash off that fail.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 2101