_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5729212 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Don't poke the arch-demon.
« Reply #12045 on: February 19, 2013, 02:49:16 pm »

((I'm still offended that nobody's tried to enslave him yet. That's what you do with Greater Demons, you noobs, you summon them someplace populated and bind them to your own purposes. :P

At least Pariah's trying to get a sample from his arm. Learning to grow your own is a noble and perfectly safe endeavor, should short-sighted, meddling fools destroy the original. :3))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12046 on: February 19, 2013, 03:01:00 pm »

((I was going to make a joke a-la "I'd pokeball Ivan, if I had the balls", but I thought that it was terribly distasteful. And saddening, because even trying to design a Pokeball-like device requires using the VR, and Ivan's in the Rec room.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Poke the arch-demon.
« Reply #12047 on: February 19, 2013, 04:41:31 pm »

((I was going to make a joke a-la "I'd pokeball Ivan, if I had the balls", but I thought that it was terribly distasteful. And saddening, because even trying to design a Pokeball-like device requires using the VR, and Ivan's in the Rec room.))

((He's not gone nuts yet, you still have time!))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12048 on: February 19, 2013, 05:01:02 pm »

((I'm still offended that nobody's tried to enslave him yet. That's what you do with Greater Demons, you noobs, you summon them someplace populated and bind them to your own purposes. :P

At least Pariah's trying to get a sample from his arm. Learning to grow your own is a noble and perfectly safe endeavor, should short-sighted, meddling fools destroy the original. :3))
((Well, if he dies, he can have the whole body. Much better than just an arm.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12049 on: February 19, 2013, 07:00:54 pm »

((Pokeballs eh? With a an automated gravity manipulator you could theoretically create an object that is bigger on the inside by manipulating four dimensional space inside the object. At least that would be the case if I understand spacetime correctly.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12050 on: February 19, 2013, 07:37:06 pm »

((Doesn't matter how big the space inside is. If it can't fit through the opening, it ain't going to fit.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12051 on: February 19, 2013, 07:46:22 pm »

((Could you make the space around him bigger than the space he occupies and then slip the whole mess inside the ball like that? Or am I confusing pocket dimensions with weird gravity warps?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12052 on: February 19, 2013, 09:23:34 pm »

((Einsteinian Roulette: Tampering with spacetime for fun and profit.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12053 on: February 19, 2013, 09:33:27 pm »

((Einsteinian Roulette: Tampering with spacetime for fun and profit.))
((Sigg'd))

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12054 on: February 20, 2013, 12:17:33 am »

((...And the ability to comically unleash a daemon cicada on your unexpecting enemies.

On the note of miasma-tainted denizens of the warp, I just launched the official IC Intro of Hyperion, sans a few savory paragraphs since Pyro suggested I shorten the intro a bit. Bah, ruining my cryptic intros! Ah well, glare shades and musty mausoleums can wait til tomorrow.))

Mason picks up a pen and contemplates throwing it at the possibly slumbering daemoniac cicada which has quite persistently haunted the ship for some time now, stopping only to consider the myriad dismembered lumps of maggot-bloated flesh such a creature might leave in its hellish wake.

"...Nah, probably not the brightest idea I've ever had."
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12055 on: February 20, 2013, 03:25:47 pm »

grab another food tray and bend it so it resembles a large bowl, grab a beer and pour it into said bowl tray then place it near Ivan and back away slowly

set diffusion on my laser rifle to 3 or 4, prepare to blind multiple eyes at once if Ivan becomes hostile
if Ivan isn't hostile again this turn head off to engineering or wherever the suits are kept when we aren't wearing them and try to steal a face sized piece of scrap metal

[str:3]

Your attempts to bend a solid steel tray into a bowl fail for some reason. Perhaps because you're not superman.

As per scrap metal, Jim has that locked in his locker, so you're gonna need to break in if you want it.

((From now on, when I say "feel" or "sense," I mean "see by echolocation". When I say "touch", I mean "touch with my hands or other bodyparts". When I say "hear", it means "hear". When I want to use intuition, I will say "understand", "intuit," or just put an "{I}" sign with these brackets after the verb. Hope that makes it clear.

By the way, has anyone hear read Stanislaw Lem? He was a Polish author, really popular in US, before he being banned for being an alien (or more accurately, the CIA couldn't confirm that he was not an alien). He was an inspiration for Dick, and in "The Man in High Tower," he was the man. Also notable as the only Science Fiction author of the period whose predictions all came true.

Oh, and I think I've got a brilliant invention that is very obvious and very useful, but nobody has yet mentioned. And I won't even need Tinker for this. 8) I hope I'm not wrong. ;)))

"Well of course they wouldn't be engraved! It's always a sticker. A paint if I'm lucky. Nobody ever cares about the blind. Well, to be fair, they can just make new eyes today, they probably don't have many people like me, but still! Oh well, time to make the best of the situation."

Vich headed out towards the hallway. Tsk, tsk, tsk, tta, tta, tsk, tck? ... tck?  "Hey, Computer. Stop hiding! I know you're over here. First, what are you called? Second, I'm sure you know that I'm blind. And that means I can't see those sings. So any help in navigating would be appreciated. Preferably in terms of right and left. What are important locations and how do I get to them?" (Don't bother actually typing out all the rights and lefts unless you find it fun. It's all IC)

Head towards the first intersection and ask Steve for directions. Sense if there any teammates around me.

>You really should do something about that whole blindness thing. Seems inconvenient. But I can give directions, sure.

(You can now just assume that you know your way around.)

Continue current action setup.
Continuing.

Message doc; Would extreme cold affect Ivan as either freezing him solid or causing an internal system crash of somesort or would it be better to overheat him?

Hard to tell. Strain came from Commune. Communes designed to live in space. Maybe extremely resistant. Depends on development.

"What is he doing!? Trying to get him drunk? Anyways, time to get armed."

Discard the TV remote. Slowly retreat from the rec room, head to the Armory.

Um..hi. Do you have any tips on taking down Ivan?

Get a laser rifle, unless the AM recommends me something else.
You toss the remote over to the couch and head to the armory. You step over the comatose bodies and over to the kiosk.

"Hi, I was wondering, whats the best way to deal with Ivan?"

"Probably running."

"I mean weapon-wise"

"You want me to recommend you the number of kilotons?"

"I was thinking more hand held. Less ship blowy uppy"

"I'd recommend the crystalline projector. Even if you just graze him it will either do damage or at least slow him down."

This is gonna hurt. Why am I even doing this?

Continue.

You continue to stand guard. Amazing how being inches away from death can get so boring after a while.

Go to the AM, get the monoatomic sword. Then go to Rec room.

((Does my bonus work with any sword or only katanas?))
(Lets say that it adds a 1/3rd chance for +1 for other swords.)

You grab the sword from the armory master and return to the rec room.

I don't believe it. Solid objects that can provide support always consist of some kind of matter, it can't be energy, 'force field', or anything like that - especially not vacuum. All matter has some kind of taste, I am absolutely sure of reading about that. Or was that smell? Both, I think.
Poke at the "ground". If it remains corporeal, try scraping the "ground" with my teeth. See if it tastes or smells anything.
Do not move my legs.

(( Yes, I could use the knife, but the teeth damage potential is much, much smaller. Or so Maurice believes, at least.))
You attempt to poke at the ground/ scrape it with your teeth. This proves very difficult to do without moving your legs.

"I need to practice touching my toes every now and again it seems."

"Alright. It's not a good plan, but it's a plan."

Anton moves out towards the Rec room, carefully peeking into it from the corridor.

"Hm, nobody is dead here yet... and they have him distracted. Good. Steve, where is this implant located, exactly? I don't suppose it'll be an easy target to hit."

Make way to Rec room. Try to remain unnoticed by Ivan. Using directions from Steve, line up a shot on Ivan, as precisely aimed at the shock implant's supposed location as possible. Do not fire yet, but keep other hand on safety switch to fire immediately if somebody else does.

>Considering it's an implant the size of your thumbnail buried in his spine, yeah, not gonna be an easy shot.

You head to the rec room and hide behind one of the tables on the mess hall side. You try to line up the shot but there are tons of people standing around Ivan, and he's bent down, looking at something on the floor.

"Errrr. Man. This diplomacy thing is hard."

Crouch down to Ivan's level, and scan him again, this time looking for anything that looks man-made.

((....The mental image of a horrifing being of pure destruction playing with bits of glass is.... amusing.))
It looks like there were manmade things in him, but they've been broken by his growth.

put sword away then go to armoury master and get a barrel of beer Ivan can drink from then take it back to rec room and put it in front of Ivan.

"Here is more beer for you Ivan.

((Let's hope getting him drunk wont kill us.))

You head to the armory and get a whole industrial sized barrel of booze.

"Kegger?"

"Getting Ivan drunk."

"Good luck with that."

You roll the barrel back to the rec room an set it up next to Ivan.

"Booze" you say, pointing at the barrel. "Booze good."

sigh, put shoes back on, pick up my favorite light jacket (powder blue with white trim) from back home off the ground beside me and put it on, then meander over towards the door, hands clasped behind my back.
circle the door three times at a leisurely pace, noting any differences between the front and back sides of the door. also note the location of the door hinges, determine what direction the door opens.
Finally, stop next to the door and turn to look at Maurice, with my head tilted towards my right side. make eye contact.

pay close attention to my gut feelings throughout this process, if something spooks me then back towards Maurice, while facing whatever spooked me.

The door has no back side. Literally none, it just seems to stop existing when viewed from behind. The hinges indicate that it opens inward. Other then the fact that it exists in...where ever this is...and that it only seems to exist when viewed from the right angle, nothing seems terribly off about it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12056 on: February 20, 2013, 04:09:08 pm »

"Well shit. Guys? It seems that the kill switch broke. So, no easy way out. Sorry mate."

Scan again. See if he has any way to survive in space, and check to see if he has multiple brains, or brain bits everywhere.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12057 on: February 20, 2013, 04:17:01 pm »

Sure why the fuck not,

set my laser diffusion back to zero and shoot the lock on jims locker, after opening it steal a face sized piece of scrap armor then stick it in my locker ready for modification and fitting.

Once armor is acquired set the diffusion back to 3 and walk back to the rec room to check up on our friendly neighbourhood cicadaman
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #12058 on: February 20, 2013, 04:22:13 pm »

Send a message to everyone except Ivan:
Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; to almost everyone
We're too clumped. Try to spread out, but not hastily.
Also forward the infirmary reports from earlier to everyone except Ivan. Try to follow my own advice about spreading out slowly. And of course continue being at the ready.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12059 on: February 20, 2013, 04:30:13 pm »

((@piecewise: so i got the jacket?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 2101