_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5734796 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8 was long wasn't it?
« Reply #12465 on: February 28, 2013, 05:54:59 pm »

Bruce laid about in the debriefing room, trying to get comfy in the plastic seats, when he saw one of the members from the mission come in, as he saw her he had a flashback, he saw himself, tired and angry, he saw the woman, almost comatose and he saw a man, sticking a sword in his gut. He snapped out of it with a jump and decided to go talk to the girl.
"Hi, I'm not sure if I know your name, do I?"
Talk to May.

May put her finger to the edge of her lips. "I'm May......You're....Bob, right?"
"Bruce actually. Your boyfriend killed me with a sword thing after I tried to slap you out of a coma, sorry about that by the way, i was just a bit pissed because my world view was crumbing to pieces in front of me as i firsthand saw the cruelty of human life and had a small mental breakdown"
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12466 on: February 28, 2013, 06:20:36 pm »

Simus pulls her brain from its wandering, idle thoughts, and back into its position in command of a robotic shell, checks herself and her stuff over, and heads to debriefing.

((You know, I think Simus got through with naught but superficial damage...I really like the Phase Armor.

Great mission, everyone, and we are all now one step closer to making PW scramble to figure out what to do with people that make 10 and stay.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12467 on: February 28, 2013, 07:15:38 pm »

If I'm not rebuilt yet, get rebuilt and gather my gear. Also, check my inventory.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12468 on: February 28, 2013, 09:22:48 pm »

Go to the briefing room, push Flint's wheelchair in front of me.

(you're out of your Suit by the way.)

You push Flint the rest of the way to the Briefing room and sit down next to him on one of the benches.
A curious insight into Shakespeare's motivations. Not sure how accurate.

Still, that worked. Now, onto real business.
Lyra, I'm going to try to summon an exit.

shake my head horizontally four times, then
make an door leading from this place back to ourselves in front of me.

[will:4+1]

You make a lovely replica of the doors you've been walking through so far. It is closed.

((Toaster: Yup, I figured as much. Here's the questions we have now: was he ever a man? It this alien native to the body? What is it's goal? And so on... And keep in mind that Vich doesn't know that. In fact, he doesn't even know of Doctors cruelty. He still believes him to be a benevolent, if very weird and very busy man.))

>Some things are best left unsaid. As per how long you're in that tube, probably not that much longer.
And some things are said only to inspire the curiosity of others. I mean, you know that that kind of warning never works, right? Whatever. He's gone now, I can worry about that later.

Can you tell me what's happening outside? I actually heard some rumble in the Rec Room as I headed here. I didn't check it out, wanting my eyes back and all, but can you tell me what that was all about? And what's other stuff that's happening outside right now?
(Once again, I want to have IC knowledge of what's happening around me, so I can both roleplay, and know what's happening).

((Goddamn slow connection speeds! 3 Minutes wasted, and I'm behind a turn. :D))

>Exorcising an arch-demon. Same old, same old.

Do as he says and try to harden the left hand's flesh.

((Forgot to say, but +5 Will if level ups are already taking place.

Edit @GM: Wasn't the left arm the one which had been sausaged and replaced with a prosthetic?))
(I thought it was the right?)
[will:6+1]

The man releases he restraint on your hand, which ever one the flesh one is, and you look at it while thinking about it hardening. The flesh turns black and shiny and then seems to expand and solidify until your hand is a smooth, oblong, vaguely fist shaped lump. You stop thinking about it and it fades back to normal.

"Looks like you're even capable of forming things with it. " The man says, nodding to himself. "It presents no danger as far as we can see, but be careful with it. No doubt it could prove an invaluable asset but the matter it uses to build with has to come from somewhere, same as the energy it uses to function. Overexert yourself with it and you may find yourself and you may find yourself missing a limb. Or more."

He releases your straps and guides you back out to the front of the infirmary.

"Tell us if you experience any side effects. The sooner the better."

He closes the doors behind you.

(I'm gonna assume you head for the briefing room.)

((Hey uh, PW, you kinda missed my action. Not that it matters much right now))

Briefing Get. Check inventory and Mk.II condition
You get your Briefs. Your MK II has been removed and placed back in your locker, repaired.

Pancaek
+1 Exo
2/3 will, exo
1/3 str
-1 handi,uncon,aux, med
-2 speech,char

Thermite thrower.  (4/10)
MK II
extra canister of thermite
2 cigars
spoons
booze

1 token.

((HE LIVES.))

"That...WAS AWESOME!"

Head back to rec room and loot ivans stuff or if not possible, watch the news after getting gear.

The only things of Ivan's you find around are a shotgun and a rather strange looking Gauss rifle.  You pick them up.

If debriefing does not start right away, get celebratory drink of water mixed with the best damn drink mix the HMRC can provide, then return and take a sip.

You get a nice big cup of "I didn't die in space today-berry" Drink mix and sip it triumphantly.

((Hmm... did I get the booze and cigs from looting?  Can't really remember.  Oh well.))

Lars bowed to each teammate entering the briefing room.  "May Steve's Light shine greatly on us all, as Pathmas's machinations has seen fit to ensure our return.  We are all truly blessed.  Would anyone care for a refreshement?" he said as he held up the cigs and booze.

Lars then looked up.  "O Great Steve, I praise your name!  May I never be spared from your light again!  I hope my actions have pleased you?"

Pray to Steve.  Offer cigs and booze to anyone who wants some.

>On the one hand you spent much of the time standing around screaming about doom and generally not being very helpful. On the other, when bullets started flying you did shoot back. I suppose you can consider me nonplussed

[Flint has brushed with mindfuckery and escaped unscathed. He has also begun coming to terms with his past. As such he gains +5 Will]

[Piloting a spaceship and creating a rocket pack in under 30 minutes has given Flint some knowledge about technology. As such he gains +1 Auxilliary.]

[Shooting doors while flying on a rocket propelled elevator is apparently good practice. Flint gains +2 Conventional]

((I'll probably never use aux again, but it's nice to get some skills relevant to what I did.))

Allow Miyamoto to take me to the briefing room (or in case we're already there just take me for a spin around the room), close my eyes and be happy.

EDIT: Thank Steve for his help.
"Hey, Steve. I wanted to thank you for your help. I wouldn't be here without you. So, uhh... thanks. It's good to know that, despite what you say, you care about us."

Yay for not being dead!

>No problem. Attempt not to be stupid in the future. I know such things are impossible but a computer can dream.

"Thanks."

Go to the Armory Master.

"Excuse me, officer... I had an item in my possession that came from the mystery-monger, but apparently it used to be known to the HMRC at some time, so I wondered if you recognized it... a black sphere with a button and an LCD display, and when pushed, it would ask something like 'The flesh is weak, what do you desire'. I didn't take the product yet."

"Phrase sounds familiar." The armory master says, settling back down onto her chair and picking up her book.  "But I'm not sure from where. Never seen a ball like that though."

His scavenging complete, Anton returns to his usual behavior of "stay out of the way, work on something interesting".

Sit at a table in a far corner of the room and start working. Safety on. Pull the generator out of the Red Hand and confirm the fault, then set about to fixing it. If some other error creeps in, keep trying.

((I need my weapon operational for the mission, dammit! :P

I didn't even get a chance to test it after rewiring the laser...))

[handi: 5]

You fix the Red hand perfectly, even eliminating a minor intensity bug you hadn't noticed before.

FIRE BRAIN POWER! Wait, just close eyes and think of that exit door standing before me.

You disapprove, Lyra?

[will:4+1]

You create a door seemingly identical to your companion's

Disengage from pod.

Go to debriefing.

After getting naked, of course. Protocol.

It is called a "Debriefing" after all.

head to the infirmary to get patched up and have the doc put ivans head in stasis, then off to the briefing room we go

Ask steve to send a nurse to get me if i cant walk

You lay behind the table in the mess hall, no one around, trying to stand, trying to call for help but nothing happens. You turn your head to look at your shoulder and watch as the very last bit of Ivan's head vanishes into your flesh.

Be alive?

You wake up in the Infirmary in a biogel casing from the neck down.

"Ah...well...that sucks"

Jim reactivates, examines himself for damage, checks on Feyri (if possible), and then heads for the debriefing.

Feyri is still in back, being put back together, so you check yourself in to be repaired. They give you a pair of chemical bath casts for your arms and repair the synthetic bits that got shot/exploded.

Wake up. Go look around.
You wake up in the briefing room with may, who apparently dragged you there.

Simus pulls her brain from its wandering, idle thoughts, and back into its position in command of a robotic shell, checks herself and her stuff over, and heads to debriefing.

((You know, I think Simus got through with naught but superficial damage...I really like the Phase Armor.

Great mission, everyone, and we are all now one step closer to making PW scramble to figure out what to do with people that make 10 and stay.))

Simus
1/3 dex,int,str,handi
-2 Char, Speech
-1 aux, med
Grenade launcher
Chem nade
Kilo of Aster-ex explosive (5 detonators)
Ghost armor
Civ body armor.

Chemical has 1/10 chance not to work
frag is over sensitive and has a faulty fuse. [
Gauss pistol (14/14 rounds) 2 magazines
Gauss rifle (civ) 10/10. 2 magazines.
X2 Civ gauss rifle (empty)

4 token

You head to the debriefing.

If I'm not rebuilt yet, get rebuilt and gather my gear. Also, check my inventory.
You get your various roboguts put back in after crawling to the infirmary. Good thing you can't feel roboguts or this would be hellish rather then just mildly annoying

Monoatomic sword
Cutlass
Gauss rifle.
0 token

Debriefing will happen here in just a few minutes.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12469 on: February 28, 2013, 09:25:30 pm »

(Piecewise, can I get a refresh on May's current Stats & Token situation? Pretty please? I'll give you a dollar. :3)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12470 on: February 28, 2013, 09:29:05 pm »

Oh goddamnit i cannot believe im gonna miss out on the mission after all that waiting and all the effort i put into making the batchip and getting the lockersuit...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12471 on: February 28, 2013, 09:33:36 pm »

Look at Maurice, walk over to the door he made, then turn my right hand palm upwards and sweep it slowly towards the door he made. wait for him to go through it, then attempt to follow behind him. if the door he made disappears behind him or some similar such phenomena, then go through the door i made instead.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12472 on: February 28, 2013, 09:34:18 pm »

Wake up, hoping for the best.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12473 on: February 28, 2013, 10:03:03 pm »

((Chemical has a 1/10 chance not to work..?

I think you may have given me the effects of a bad handiwork roll(s) while making the thing. I never knew that before. Also, the Frag's been expended, so an oversensitive trigger/faulty fuze is the least of its worries.))

Wait about for debriefing.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12474 on: February 28, 2013, 10:03:59 pm »

((Can I have a stats/skills update on Deznen?))

Head back to the rec room and see if anything's still happening, and the state of the room itself. Then drag (insert unholy's character's name here) to the infirmary.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:20:47 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12475 on: February 28, 2013, 10:15:02 pm »

have doomblade drag me to the infirmary, get patched up, head to briefing room

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12476 on: February 28, 2013, 10:31:49 pm »

(Piecewise, can I get a refresh on May's current Stats & Token situation? Pretty please? I'll give you a dollar. :3)
May
+1 uncon wep
-1 intuition,con wep,Exotic
1/3 char, dex, med
2/3 int, uncon,dex
30/40 mind

Med kit
Microwave Field Manipulator (17)
8 token
handful of hallucinogens.

>Alright Various humans and transhumans, lets get this over with shall we?

> Well, Things didn't go quite as expected did they? From what we've been able to tell, the "sharkmist" as you've called it is a macro-structure created by specially genetically engineered microbes. We don't know much about their origins, since you never penetrated the full depths of the mines, but we assume that they were discovered by the miners at some point. The 'disease' they caused is a result of how they were dispersed.

As you can guess, they were airborne, however, outside the mines their concentrations were very low, just whatever the miners tracked in. The reason it seemed to attack the lungs was rather interesting; it is not that the microbes require a host or anything such as that. It was simply that the mircrobes require a specific concentration, a specific mass or number of microbes with it. And since they were scattered, in low concentrations, in the air, the only place where they concentrated  was in the lung linings of the populace. And even then only in small numbers,so their true effects were masked.

Unfortunately by the time you got there their number had multiplied several fold, especially on the lower levels, and "infection" was much easier.

Now, as per what those microbes were for, thats another interesting point. They appear to be designed to build those spires you saw, which we believe are some sort of communications device, broadcasting in some way we're not entirely clear on. However, we do know something about it; Proximity to the signal has an adverse emotional effect on humans. This is clearly not it's original purpose, rather it's just some sort of cosmic coincidence, however it does explain the events of the colony.

We hypothesize that the structure you saw in the mines had existed for a long while before your intrusion, and that it's subtle signals added fuel to an already tense situation. How much of the atrocities committed in that colony were the result of alien interference and how much was simply human nature is up for debate, however.

It appears, as well, that someone within the UWM government knew this was going on and was paying the Governor for his continued silence and for the opportunity to study whatever lay within those mines. It looks like that hospital and it's doctors, not to mention the police, may have been involved as well.

Does anyone have any questions?

If not, we can move on to Tokens. It goes as follows.

Milno:6, for his usual heroism, even if it did almost get him killed. 
Jim :7, For acting as an unofficial battering ram. 
Faith: 6, for services rendered.
Feyri: 8, because I'm beginning to feel bad for her.
Ashley: Who?
May: 5. Staying as mediocre as ever.
Mesk : 5, sorry to hear about the spine. Not really.
Thomas: 6 because disemboweling whats his face was a rather mean thing to do, but also pretty funny.
Bishop:5 I don't remember if you did anything, so you probably didn't.
Miyamoto: 9 For acting as unoffical idiot wrangler
Sambo: 5, for murdering witnesses
Lars : 5 for being competent if only just.
Lukas : 7 For being an elevator.
Simus: 6 Buy yourself something nice, robo-tits.
Kyle:  5 I can't remember who you are either.
Stacy: 5 You neither.
pancaek: 6 Spoons.
Jack: 5 Nice one rocketman.
Bruce: 5 Not gonna piss off thomas again, are ya?
Flint: 5 I would give you some tokens for pulling off that orbital stuff if it wasn't your own damn fault.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12477 on: February 28, 2013, 10:41:45 pm »

Oh goddamnit i cannot believe im gonna miss out on the mission after all that waiting and all the effort i put into making the batchip and getting the lockersuit...
Who said you are.

Wake up, hoping for the best.
Yeah, you're fine.

((Can I have a stats/skills update on Deznen?))

Head back to the rec room and see if anything's still happening, and the state of the room itself. Then drag (insert unholy's character's name here) to the infirmary.
You drag some medieval knight you find in the rec room to the Infirmary. He is promptly snapped up by a man in black and dragged into the back of the infirmary.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12478 on: February 28, 2013, 10:54:37 pm »

"Well, at least I lived. Er, mostly."

Scan the room for people, and scan the tube to see the extent of the damage.

((DAMMIT))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12479 on: February 28, 2013, 10:59:10 pm »

>OK, nows as good a time as ever. We're recruiting for two more missions.

The first is gonna be something that requires a strong will, preferably with amp experience.  I need 5 of you in total. Jim, I believe, is the most qualified, so I'm putting him in charge of putting together a team.

The second is a rather odd mission for you all because it is going to be autonomous. Completely so. And it's gonna last more then a year. I need both explorers and a few more technically minded. Please apply in the Briefing room.  After everyone who wants to go is there, you're gonna elect a leader and he's gonna chose who is going.

Hop to it people.

"Well, at least I lived. Er, mostly."

Scan the room for people, and scan the tube to see the extent of the damage.

((DAMMIT))
Seems like most people have wandered off to the briefing room. Only one around is that guy that dragged in the other paralyzed person.

Now, when it comes to your body, judging by the brownish color the blood is turning your biogel bath, you're guessing things could be better.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:02:27 pm by piecewise »
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 2101