_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 834 835 [836] 837 838 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686169 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Last one chosen for kickball.
« Reply #12525 on: March 01, 2013, 10:35:29 am »

Requesting confirmation of stats and equipment (was any equipment lost or damaged during the collision?):

Also, applying for the year long mission. Of course, if anyone with less missions than me wants to go but there is no room, they can take my place.
EDIT:Ask Steve:
"Hey, Steve, do your science guys have any idea about why the sharkmist happened to wake up and started building those things about the same time we arrived there? Was it just another coincidence or could it have somehow been... influenced by something we did or thought or had with us?"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:49:48 am by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12526 on: March 01, 2013, 11:15:02 am »

((Nice one Parisbre, I wish everyone kept a character sheet and equipment list like yours.

Regarding my ongoing stat and spreadsheets hunt, I'll just post an update on that, and also link this post to my sig (at some point for later, so I don't have to make new post every time I update the links or add a new one.

List of possible stats and charts

Character stats and inventory: Manned by Piecewise and individual players. The link on the first page is useful, but outdated.
   Pretty character graphs: Manned by IronyOwl. Don't know the kink for that one. Will try to get it soon.

Nyars artifacts: Done by Toaster. Updated by me: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1cN0V_w3lTjT2ZLamZZdkpNYlE/edit?usp=sharing

Token Inflation Table: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10vJjoUtob1USVHdU3HZrFNfxyyeQ8wbXPmXUYR8mdt8/edit?usp=sharing.

Missions Completed and who participated in what missions: Done by me: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RHe25AsNcVSm_RF87eBBe0XJ3JdtQIbibnseq6KV8Ew/edit?usp=sharing

Planned: Original character sheets (may be useful).

Who is a human, and who is a robot? Synthflesh, or super-regeneration? Male of female? Berserk button and Doc Therapies also go here. Will probably group that together with missions completed. I actually need info from individual players on that one, so send me a PM, or I will at some point send a PM to you.

ER Talks:
Mission Briefings, Debriefings, and Summaries: I can find the first two myself, but I'm not going to bother with the last one. I do remember some people posting different mission summaries ad hoc, so if you could find those, I'd appreciate it. Or you could just write new ones, and post them or send them to me. But If you don't, I'm fine with that.:

Copypasted briefings, drops, and debriefings for redundancy in case of bad stuff: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14SizqGtxVzbO4yNy1ihKzRtcLeegbLMujbGIjtEMHsQ/edit?usp=sharing

Actual Mission summaries: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nJDKCd39tRXPtCFK4iPLcne6uhIS8y1DClvxh-UpUw4/edit?usp=sharing

Some links to the actual briefings, debriefings, and drops:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stuff lying around On-Ship: Things, posters, VR Creations, games, viruses, traps, confetti, paintings, cans of gasoline, etc... In order words anything that would technically be available and easy to see to your character, but that we simply ignore. If you want your virus, game, or graffiti from before several weeks after the publication of this post (I swear I am not a lawyer) to be recorded, send me a PM. If you don't, nobody cares, so that's fine too. Paintings from PW's sister go here too. If there is one of these lists that will become forgotten, antiquated, or even never made, this is my candidate number one.

Tinker creations: If you've saved a design. If you've created a prototype. If you've run some tests. If you made your VR design open to all. If you bought a non-standard equipment. DON'T EXPECT TO PIECEWISE TO REMEMBER IT AS SOON AS YOU MENTION IT. Don't expect it to come back to you. Don't expect that digging it out of tens of thousands of posts will be easier tomorrow than today. Dig out the cost. Dig out PW's descriptions. Send me a PM, and I will try to make a meaningful database sorted out by characters, but not only by characters. I WILL NOT DIG IT OUT MYSELF. If you're not going to search through your thousands of posts, I can understand it, but I will roll my eyes every time PW says he can't remember something and asks someone to remind him.
(Read the above section as you would read a billboard, but in Steve's voice, he he he.)

Anything else? Links coming in the next few weeks. Enjoy.))
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:06:41 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12527 on: March 01, 2013, 11:24:19 am »

Ignore
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12528 on: March 01, 2013, 11:47:20 am »

"Hey, Jim, I'd like to go on the willpower mission, if you don't mind too much. I've got a spine, you know, and I'm a bit too old for my ways to be changed easily. By anything. So yeah, I think I might qualify."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12529 on: March 01, 2013, 11:49:29 am »

((what is Jacks status and inventory? also applying to long mission))
Put all gear, including longcoat if it was fixed along with Mk1 suit on then go to briefing room and apply for year long mission after asking steve whats going on.

"Steve, when I was put back together did they chane anything in me? Also, was my Longcoat salvagable? And one final thing, is there anything from the new mission that can be obtained?"

To anyone in briefing room: "Who is in the long mission?"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:51:56 am by Tavik Toth »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12530 on: March 01, 2013, 11:56:49 am »

((I'm more interested in how will the flow of time be handled between the ship and the year-long mission.))

((Time dilation? Or is it something diffrent? Find out next time on ER!))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12531 on: March 01, 2013, 12:33:59 pm »

((I'm more interested in how will the flow of time be handled between the ship and the year-long mission.))
((Gravity and high relative speeds can make time in affected areas "go slower" than the outside, so a mission in such conditions could last a few days in subjective time but years for unaffected people. Anti-gravity should by extension make time go faster, so a mission that lasts a year in subjective time will seem to last a few days outside of it. Anomalies and alien mindfuckery can have both of these effects. So it really depends on what "lasts a year" means: Lasts a Earth year, a Sword year (the Sword moves around at the speed of light) or a mission place year (depends on where we're going).

I just thought of something. The first time I heard about this mission I thought we were going to explore a quiet or savage world for some lost piece of technology, or maybe explore a newly discovered (or rediscovered) alien system. However what happens if they drop us off in an anomaly or living planet full of identical, infinitely branching fractal tunnels and tell us: "Okay, we're gonna seal you in here for a year. Go and explore."?))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12532 on: March 01, 2013, 12:39:15 pm »

((My mind is conjuring up images of something like Rogue Trader at the moment, or some other space-based trading and combat game. Given the info available, I am imagining anything from being given a "starship Enterprise" to "voyage" in on this "one-year mission", to being dumped on a semi-abandoned colony world in search of some ancient booty a-la some kind of a text-adventure sidequest from Space Rangers. I am quite curious as to what the mission actually entails.

As for time, maybe the ship will be doing a short jump elsewhere, with us spending the year in realtime and the rest spending a lot of it in hyperspace limbo?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12533 on: March 01, 2013, 12:48:12 pm »

To the AM:

Well, I found the armor is some sort of phase armor that takes me with it and activates on impact, but it's not perfect. At least once it phased but didn't bring me with it.

Also, my grenade launcher and High-EX and frag grenades work very well in the field. Is there any kind of reward for proving a prototype?

To Jim:

Jim, if you need someone with technical skills with you, I'll come if you want and I make it in on time from my work. I'm not the worst when it comes to willpower, but I'm not anything special.

((Level up!

+2 DEX
+2 WILL
+1 END

+1 AUX
+1 CONWEP
+1 INTUIT))
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:53:22 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12534 on: March 01, 2013, 01:44:37 pm »

To AM:"Hello again, I'd like to buy a Mass Manipulation Psychokinetic Amplifier, please. I'd also like to thank you for your tips regarding amp use before the mission, It really helped."

To Jim:"hey Jim, If you've still got a spot for the 5-man mission, I'm more than willing to volunteer. I've gotten better at using amps and I'd like to think I've got some spine. So, yeah, If you'll have me."

Go to armory, say above things

Also, LEVEL UP: +3 to exotic for a total of 9 and +5 to willpower for a total of 16 please

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12535 on: March 01, 2013, 02:01:29 pm »

((Said it in the OOC chat, but it took me a bit to send this message. Milno's Willpower score is 15.))

As if reminded of something, Milno sends Jim a message:
I'm up for the willpower mission. I don't have any amp experience but I think I'm already used to mindfuck after so much of the same thing.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12536 on: March 01, 2013, 02:10:38 pm »

((does ER have its own chat?))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #12537 on: March 01, 2013, 02:27:12 pm »

((We have more applicants than slots for the will mission now.
Jim - leader
Pancaek - 16?, amp user
Milno - 15, not amp user
Simus - 5?, not amp user
Stacy - 5?, manipulator user
Gorat - 8, amp user

That correct so far?))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12538 on: March 01, 2013, 02:33:12 pm »

((does ER have its own chat?))
((Irc chat for the rtd forum (I think, never used it myself :) ). See radio controlled's signature for more info, since it's hard copy pasting from my phone. Edit: no, wait, I was just pressing the wrong button  :-[ . Here: //irc.freenode.net/##Bay12RTD ))
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 02:40:38 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12539 on: March 01, 2013, 02:43:30 pm »

((We have more applicants than slots for the will mission now.
Jim - leader
Pancaek - 16?, amp user
Milno - 15, not amp user
Simus - 5?, not amp user
Stacy - 5?, manipulator user
Gorat - 8, amp user

That correct so far?))
((Lyra and Maurice are also possible applicants (both are 5 will, non-amp users, possible benefits from anti-mindfuck training). We just can't talk to Jim until piecewise updates and we find out if we're conscious or not. Maurice might prefer to go on the long mission, he seemed to be planning on waiting until others had volunteered so he could go with whichever team needed a medic.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 834 835 [836] 837 838 ... 2101