_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 837 838 [839] 840 841 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732854 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Last one chosen for kickball.
« Reply #12570 on: March 01, 2013, 10:39:14 pm »

((Oh man, I've missed EVERYTHING in my absence. Go Team Not Dying In Space!

Also, what happened to all my stuff? Was it carried back by teammates or what?

That includes the exosuit, which I guess one of the shuttle pair took? I wasn't entirely clear on what the net was or how much of it was salvaged.))

Wake up.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12571 on: March 01, 2013, 11:01:19 pm »

Lars looked off into space for a couple seconds.

"I shall see what the requirements of this mission are, then I will return.  I thank you for your assistance.  May Steve shine his light ever on you."

Head to briefing room to get info on Long Mission.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12572 on: March 01, 2013, 11:16:34 pm »

'Oh, jeez...' Jobasio propped himself up on his elbows and stared despondently at the limp, unresponsive shapes of his legs.
'I thought they could fix this kind of thing? I'm not permanently like this, am I? Oh gods, Jobasio, how could you be so stupid...' Remembering that he was lucky even to be alive, he shook those thoughts from his head and glanced around for a helpful, nearby medical person.

"Excuse me?" At least, that's what he tries to say- with enough painkillers it probably sounds more like "Euugh mrh?"

>Attempt to ask a nurse what became of Flint and the others, and whether my spine is fixable.

>Also slur out a few curses directed at my own stupidity before lapsing back into drug dreams- preferably pleasant ones.

((I'm going to try and find my own sheet to save you the trouble, since this was my first mission anyway.
Did I take any permanent stat losses? (I hope not.) And is all my gear, not that I had much, intact?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12573 on: March 01, 2013, 11:31:39 pm »

Milno seems slightly pleased by the result of the scan, a faint smile forming on his lips. "At least now I know something else won't try to hijack my body during a mission. So, how badly caked in blood was my suit's interior?"

"Ah, and my helm. It took a hit from a gauss shell. Is there any stronger material I could use a layer to armor the helmet without making it too big?"

Ask.

((@GM: I'm mostly wondering about the "mythril" alloy and how much it would cost.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12574 on: March 02, 2013, 12:29:23 am »

((Well I can answer for mythril it is about 30 tokens a plate when I asked about it, but for 10 tokens the metal can be reinforced with it providing much greater defense compared to normal))
Go to breifing room
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12575 on: March 02, 2013, 01:38:16 am »

Victor walks to the armory.
"Hello again, Steve told me to get my prototype repaired and refueled here."
After getting his weapon repaired and refueled, Victor goes to the VR and finds every prototype he can access.
He then places them and their schematics in the same simulation, they are have their token cost (if available) attached and a licensing contract.
For weapons created by people who are now dead, they are Public Domain and if they are alive they are designated as Private Domain. Victor will designate his own weapon as Public Domain.

To be completely honest I haven't kept track of all the things people have made, except in my head. So when it comes to just naming them all off as well as their costs, I'm kind of at a loss. Best you're really gonna get is people sort of Volunteering their own works. If they give me a little information about what it is I'll remember it too.

May goes back to the Armory Master. "Do you have a Colt .45 pistol?"

"Nope."

(( Now I feel bad for participating in taking away 4+ hours of your life  :-\ )) 
Look around.
So... have we finished the training?

Send a message to Renen:
How's your training going?

(( I have a bad feeling about all this. Which spells 'missing next mission'. Well, I knew the risks, plus it would have felt a bit wrong to finish it that fast. ))

You look down to send a message. You're missing your wristpad. You look back at the armory master. She appears to be clipping through the armory window.

"Uhhhh"

...cure me if you can says dorf closing his eyes in bitter dissapointment. but if i turn... please flood my brain with as many amnesics as you can... the VR machines have a copy of my personality and i want you to try and reupload it if this goes south.

get "cured"

((@PW: if i get succesfully cured i could theoretically get that synthetic interface installed and reinfect myself on purpose without losing my mind right?))

"If this goes south," the doctor says, pushing a syringe into your neck, " You're going in the tube next to Ivan. Whats left of you anyways."

You awaken on a slab in a different room, your limbs encased in enormous metal clasps, and your head strapped down. Above you hover dozens of mechanical arms, each tipped with a small device that ends in a rather large and ominous looking metal skewer.

"If this goes right, " the doctor says, bending down over you and looking up at the arms above you, "You will be unrecognizable. But you will still be human, or at least mostly human in here," he taps your forehead, "Where it counts."

"And if it goes wrong?"

"Then I flood this room with a gas that dissolves organic tissue on contract."

"Ah..."

"Any parting words? Last wishes, just in case?"

+4 to Will
+1 to Intuition

+2 to conventional weaponry
+1 to un-conventional weaponry
Bruce tapped his foot impatiently, he thought the doctor loved stuff like this, what the hell could be keeping him. Bruce sighed and went to look for a nurse.
Ask a nurse about the whole getting turned into a monstrosity, as long as it could speak and fit through doors thing.
The nurse advises you to contact the doctor on his wristpad.

(intuition is a skill, not a stat. You have to put that 5th point in something else. )

Jim thought for a moment. "...Is my old body on file somewhere, and if so, could the synthflesh body be a partial duplicate of it? I kind of miss having my face and hair and everything. I still want to use these arms, so if I can have my old body adjusted in size to fit these arms and have all four attached at the same time, that would be good. If that's not possible to do, then I guess I'll just take a standard human male synthbody that can handle having four arms." Regardless of answer, he buys the synthflesh body and does whatever he's directed to do to be placed into it.
"Well, modifying it to look like you would be kinda difficult. They don't grow hair after all, and their features are often influenced by the underlying metal skeleton. A wig and a mask are pretty much your best bets."

"I'll just take the standard then, with whatever I need to get these arms attached as well."

"Going  full Erik?"

"Seems so."

"Halleluiah."

She gives you a ticket and you head over to the Infirmary and hand it to the first doctor you run across. He takes it, looks at it, and nods.

"Gonna shut you down for the transfer process." He says, already tapping away on his datapad.

You don't have time to say ok before you lose visual data and you're just a consciousness floating in the void.  You lose track of the time as you wait in absolute isolation, absolutely separated from all sensation. And then you're back, with the sharp pain of nerves reconnecting and the world flooding back to you through eyes sharper then anything your brain could ever hope to look through.

"Done." the tech beside you says, taking off his rubber gloves, "You're good to go. Try it out a bit before getting out in the field though. It's more nimble then you think."

Inspect myself for why the medical gauze over the uninjured parts is there. If I can't pinpoint exacly why it's there, go to the sickbay and ask to following to the doc or one of his lackeys.

"excuse me, but when I woke up some time ago I noticed I had medical stuff done to me in places I honestly cannot remember having wounds. What is this about? Should I be worried?"
Looks like there are small scars under here. Endoscopic surgery maybe?

"How big is the ship anyway?"

Chat with Steve while waiting for others to enter briefing room. Also character sheet update.

Jack hansan
+1 aux
-1 med,
-2 handi
1/3 end, int

Civic defender Longcoat
Laser rifle
Gunpowder based rifle, bolt action, (5 rounds) (4 magazines)
Katana
Gauss rifle (5-shot)(Laser rifle battery slot grafted on)
SHotgun (5 rounds)
[+1 to combat rolls with a katana]

1 token

>Pretty damn big. HMRC vessels tend to be out classed only by the most powerful UWM ships. Plenty of fire power for if we have to quickly cleanse a planet.

((Hey Doomblade, any chance you're selling that mono-atomic sword?))
((For six tokens, yes.))

Head to the briefing room, suit on and gear equipped. Also, character sheet update please?

You brief the into room, suit equipped and gear on.

Denzel
(FULL ROBOT)
+1 uncon
2/3 dex
1/3 str,will, uncon
-1 char,int,handi,exo, aux, med
-2 speech
Monoatomic sword
Cutlass
Gauss rifle.
0 token

(( Now I feel bad for participating in taking away 4+ hours of your life  :-\ )) 
Look around.
So... have we finished the training?

Send a message to Renen:
How's your training going?

(( I have a bad feeling about all this. Which spells 'missing next mission'. Well, I knew the risks, plus it would have felt a bit wrong to finish it that fast. ))
do not let go of Maurice's hand for any reason, do not move, check if there is still a door behind me, put Blue between us and anyone/anything that attempts to approach within 1 meter of either of us.

((aye, we're probably going to miss it. if i read it right we simply walked into the room, we didn't stand up, open our eyes, or anything else similar.))
You keep hold of maurice's hand and look back at the door. It's not there anymore. Instead there is a wall, with something written on it.

"YOU HAVE MADE A MISTAKE."

((Mhm. First-Aid-Kit but unarmed, or armed but unable to do medic stuff. Should have ignored AM's recommendation, but it really seemed like a good idea at the time..))

"Thought so.."
"I..cant make up my mind. I guess I'll come back later after the mission briefing."

Reply to AM, head to briefing room.

You give your polite goodbyes to the armory master and then head to the briefing room.

(I meant the autonomous hand I had in development when we left.  It should be finished by now.)

+5 Int, +1 Handi, +2 Exo
Get my hand, then head to the armoury.

"So, uh...  How much are the medical decompensators?"

AH, that. Well you get Comrade Robo hand, give it a strict speech about not going near milno, lest it get it's little fingers nibbled, and then head to the armory.

"It depends on how good you want it to be."

(Cheapest: 1/3 chance to prevent overshoots. Do so by simply stopping you from acting.
second Cheapest: 1/3 chance to reduce your overshoot to a number beween 3-5 instead.
second most expensive: 1/3 chance to prevent overshoots by bringing roll down to 5 
Most expensive: always prevent overshoots by bringing the total down to 5.)

((Oh man, I've missed EVERYTHING in my absence. Go Team Not Dying In Space!

Also, what happened to all my stuff? Was it carried back by teammates or what?

That includes the exosuit, which I guess one of the shuttle pair took? I wasn't entirely clear on what the net was or how much of it was salvaged.))

Wake up.

You wake up. You look down. Robot body.

"uh..well...I guess at least this way I won't be miss fan service anymore."

(your stuff was kinda in hammerspace, so it still exists, you have it in your locker. Not that you need a mk II now.

Lars looked off into space for a couple seconds.

"I shall see what the requirements of this mission are, then I will return.  I thank you for your assistance.  May Steve shine his light ever on you."

Head to briefing room to get info on Long Mission.
You head to the briefing room

'Oh, jeez...' Jobasio propped himself up on his elbows and stared despondently at the limp, unresponsive shapes of his legs.
'I thought they could fix this kind of thing? I'm not permanently like this, am I? Oh gods, Jobasio, how could you be so stupid...' Remembering that he was lucky even to be alive, he shook those thoughts from his head and glanced around for a helpful, nearby medical person.

"Excuse me?" At least, that's what he tries to say- with enough painkillers it probably sounds more like "Euugh mrh?"

>Attempt to ask a nurse what became of Flint and the others, and whether my spine is fixable.

>Also slur out a few curses directed at my own stupidity before lapsing back into drug dreams- preferably pleasant ones.

((I'm going to try and find my own sheet to save you the trouble, since this was my first mission anyway.
Did I take any permanent stat losses? (I hope not.) And is all my gear, not that I had much, intact?))
(oh you'll be fine. Broken spine ain't nothing to worry about around here. Hell, Mesk breaks his every day before breakfast, just for fun.)

"You'll be fine here soon" the nurse tells you, giving you a bit more pain killer. " Just let the biogel do it's job."

Milno seems slightly pleased by the result of the scan, a faint smile forming on his lips. "At least now I know something else won't try to hijack my body during a mission. So, how badly caked in blood was my suit's interior?"

"Ah, and my helm. It took a hit from a gauss shell. Is there any stronger material I could use a layer to armor the helmet without making it too big?"

Ask.

((@GM: I'm mostly wondering about the "mythril" alloy and how much it would cost.))

"Sure, but you know how it goes, stronger but not heavier means pricey. I know you've got the cash, but there are points at which it gets a bit silly, if you catch my meaning."

Mythril is stupidly expensive. It's really more of an example of the fact that super strong shit exists, but it's so prohibitively expensive that you'll never get it. And if you could afford it you'd be better off just buying something else.

((Well I can answer for mythril it is about 30 tokens a plate when I asked about it, but for 10 tokens the metal can be reinforced with it providing much greater defense compared to normal))
Go to breifing room
You grab your briefs and go to your room.

The cut off for people going to the briefing room for the long mission is tomorrow night. After that it's time for the team picking to start. And Jim, try to get your team ready some time soon too. Your mission starts after the big one though, so you have more time.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12576 on: March 02, 2013, 01:46:00 am »

Go to the mission breifing room for long mission
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12577 on: March 02, 2013, 01:47:13 am »

((Cool, but what about the exosuit I had, then? Where'd that end up?))

"GOD DAMN IT."

Find someone to fill me in on the details of what happened. Ask how difficult it is to regrow my organic body.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12578 on: March 02, 2013, 01:51:18 am »

Stacy does several heroic poses in his new MKII, getting a feel for the suit.

"Conclusion: I love it! The automatic injection systems are particularly comforting. And the irises, oh my! This is far better than my first one!"

Okay, while I have time, run off to Rec Room, enter Tinker. Open up the file for an exoskeleton and shear off the top half (any power systems, if there are any, should be moved lower). Now, put the resulting exoskeleton pants on and see how they work. Try running around and jumping in particular, gauge effectiveness of both.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12579 on: March 02, 2013, 01:56:58 am »

Victor creates a public VR file labelled "Prototype Contracts".
Anyone can add their schematics and attach a terms of use as they see fit.
He inputs the schematics for the "Pawn" Suppressive Fire Entity and lists it's contract as
No terms nor conditions, if it is prototyped successfully, the person responsible for it being considered a success will reap the rewards regardless of ownership.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12580 on: March 02, 2013, 02:04:58 am »

Jim looked himself over to see what he looked like now - using a mirror if at all possible - then went to his locker and got some of his scrap, pausing only to frown at the lack of door on his locker. Then he forged another claymore, burning however much scrap is needed to make it perfect, and took it to May. "...For some reason I get the feeling I should give you this. It's best not to question these things," he said, handing it over. Finally, he went to the exercise machines in the rec room and did some generic, basic exercises to get a feel for how his new body would handle most situations.

That done, he sent Feyri a text.

Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel
Hey, Feyri. How are you feeling? I'm sorry I wasn't fast enough to stop that guy. I have a new body now, one that's stronger and faster and tougher than the old one, so I should be able to do better in the future. Don't be too surprised the next time you see me. :P I don't know when that will be, unless you look for me right now. Steve has put me in charge of leading the next mission and choosing my team - he specified only those with the strongest willpower, which is why he put me in charge. I'm going to take Milno with me. Do you have any recommendations?

(I didn't forget I owed you a sword, TCM. :P)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 06:18:43 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12581 on: March 02, 2013, 02:16:21 am »

(Did the repairs and resupply cost anything?  What's my token count?)

"Well, give me the prices on each."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12582 on: March 02, 2013, 02:21:37 am »

((I'm not sure if my last action made it apparent, but Anton walked off to the Briefing Room.
Also, genuinely sad about Faith's loss. So much useful medical power - lost, somewhat ironically, to microbes...))

Anton sits quietly in the Briefing room, waiting for the briefing to start. He passes the time by examining the only other piece of tech he has on hand - the wristpad.

Wait in the Briefing Room. Perform thorough examination of the wristpad, ascertaining its capabilities and seeing what software, if any, is even installed on it - and what could be installed on it, theoretically. See how it can interact with a MkI's suit systems. Search for any hidden options and functions.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12583 on: March 02, 2013, 02:30:46 am »

((Also, genuinely sad about Faith's loss. So much useful medical power - lost, somewhat ironically, to microbes...))
((On the other hand, it was lost in use, which makes at least some sense- not much point keeping it if you can't use it, after all. The target of said use was a little less valuable than might be preferred, though. :P

But yes, not having free medikits is a serious blow. I suppose every other person's a robot or walking tank by now anyway, though.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12584 on: March 02, 2013, 02:45:31 am »

You keep hold of maurice's hand and look back at the door. It's not there anymore. Instead there is a wall, with something written on it.

"YOU HAVE MADE A MISTAKE."
((yep, sure did. my fault too, Maurice wanted to wait a turn to inspect our work and i got in a hurry, that's annoying, now then, next move))
Tap Maurice's hand with one of my fingers until he looks either at the wall or at me. if he looks at me, tilt my head in the direction of the wall then straighten it back up again.
requesting intuition check, how to undo the mistake?, if check succeeds, do it, if check fails, make the door back re-open where the wall is
i'm not actually letting go of his hand btw, just tapping with the one finger. i do not want to make an opportunity for the party to be split up.

((information gained: AM is actively managing this environment, that kind of message was not part of what we were trying, it had to be added on afterwards.))

((i'm pretty sure i have the highest intuition of anyone on the ship, since everyone else likes being able to use weapons. lets hope this pays off...)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:52:19 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 837 838 [839] 840 841 ... 2101