_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732831 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Last one chosen for kickball.
« Reply #12630 on: March 02, 2013, 05:38:24 pm »

((Milno talked about looting her temporarily to arm some of the people that had run out of bullets))
((That wasn't Milno.))
((A thousand apologies. I just reread it and you are right. My mind is playing tricks on me. Again, extremely sorry.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12631 on: March 02, 2013, 05:56:06 pm »

((Milno talked about looting her temporarily to arm some of the people that had run out of bullets))
((That wasn't Milno.))
((A thousand apologies. I just reread it and you are right. My mind is playing tricks on me. Again, extremely sorry.))

((Have you been drinkin' that xeno spit again? That stuff is bad for ya boy, scrambles ya mind right up, down and sideways.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12632 on: March 02, 2013, 06:17:48 pm »

(I know for sure that Bishop took her shield. Other than that, I'm pretty sure I kept her equipment on her.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12633 on: March 02, 2013, 06:45:42 pm »

Go to the mission breifing room for long mission

You head to the briefing room, all ready to go get your mission on.

((Cool, but what about the exosuit I had, then? Where'd that end up?))

"GOD DAMN IT."

Find someone to fill me in on the details of what happened. Ask how difficult it is to regrow my organic body.

(exosuit is with everything else of yours, in your locker.I just assumed that they dragged your whole body.)

You ask a nurse about what happened and about getting your body back.

"From what I've heard, you died and everything went sour. Colony blew up or something and then some had to rescue people from orbit? I'm not really up on the details. But you're a brain in a tin can, getting your body back isn't really an option. Growing a new one might be though. We do that occasionally, for a price."

Stacy does several heroic poses in his new MKII, getting a feel for the suit.

"Conclusion: I love it! The automatic injection systems are particularly comforting. And the irises, oh my! This is far better than my first one!"

Okay, while I have time, run off to Rec Room, enter Tinker. Open up the file for an exoskeleton and shear off the top half (any power systems, if there are any, should be moved lower). Now, put the resulting exoskeleton pants on and see how they work. Try running around and jumping in particular, gauge effectiveness of both.

(I'm gonna assume you want to go on the long mission right? So we'll consider you in the Briefing room and I'll just tell you that a leg only exoskeleton would let you run much longer without getting tired and jump higher and farther, but not really run that much faster. Unless you count sort of jump running. )

Victor creates a public VR file labelled "Prototype Contracts".
Anyone can add their schematics and attach a terms of use as they see fit.
He inputs the schematics for the "Pawn" Suppressive Fire Entity and lists it's contract as
No terms nor conditions, if it is prototyped successfully, the person responsible for it being considered a success will reap the rewards regardless of ownership.

You set up the file and put your own rifle in.

Jim went to his locker and got some of his scrap, pausing only to frown at the lack of door on his locker. Then he forged another claymore, burning however much scrap is needed to make it perfect, and took it to May. "...For some reason I get the feeling I should give you this. It's best not to question these things," he said, handing it over. Finally, he went to the exercise machines in the rec room and did some generic, basic exercises to get a feel for how his new body would handle most situations.

That done, he sent Feyri a text.

Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel
Hey, Feyri. How are you feeling? I'm sorry I wasn't fast enough to stop that guy. I have a new body now, one that's stronger and faster and tougher than the old one, so I should be able to do better in the future. Don't be too surprised the next time you see me. :P I don't know when that will be, unless you look for me right now. Steve has put me in charge of leading the next mission and choosing my team - he specified only those with the strongest willpower, which is why he put me in charge. I'm going to take Milno with me. Do you have any recommendations?

(I didn't forget I owed you a sword, TCM. :P)

It takes you a few tries but you forge a perfect claymore and hand it off to the resident weirdo before heading to the rec room. You step over the blood and try a few exercises in the gym area. Weights are nothing, you can lift the whole set. You can tightrope walk on the ropes of the sparing ring as easily as you would walk down the hall. Despite your massive size and top heavy 4 armed structure, you move lightly and easily. You've never felt this powerful, this exacting, this in control of yourself.

(By the way, I've updated the Neurophotonic spine. Now you just get a reroll of 2 or less. Although it's still a one time thing, if that second roll comes up the same or worse, you're stuck with it.)

(Did the repairs and resupply cost anything?  What's my token count?)

"Well, give me the prices on each."

"Cheapest is 5, second is 7. Third is 10 and the fourth is 20. "

((I'm not sure if my last action made it apparent, but Anton walked off to the Briefing Room.
Also, genuinely sad about Faith's loss. So much useful medical power - lost, somewhat ironically, to microbes...))

Anton sits quietly in the Briefing room, waiting for the briefing to start. He passes the time by examining the only other piece of tech he has on hand - the wristpad.

Wait in the Briefing Room. Perform thorough examination of the wristpad, ascertaining its capabilities and seeing what software, if any, is even installed on it - and what could be installed on it, theoretically. See how it can interact with a MkI's suit systems. Search for any hidden options and functions.

It appears to function as a watch, communications device, datachip reader, mini data pad of sorts, though not as powerful; basically a small computer. It's got a variety of programs installed, from a text messaging system to a voice recorder and a tiny, low res camera system that could hook up to your suit. As per what it could do, you suppose it could do just about anything that doesn't require much memory or processing power.

Doesn't really seem to have any hidden features, at least none in the software. Hardware might be different but that would require taking this thing apart.

You keep hold of maurice's hand and look back at the door. It's not there anymore. Instead there is a wall, with something written on it.

"YOU HAVE MADE A MISTAKE."
((yep, sure did. my fault too, Maurice wanted to wait a turn to inspect our work and i got in a hurry, that's annoying, now then, next move))
Tap Maurice's hand with one of my fingers until he looks either at the wall or at me. if he looks at me, tilt my head in the direction of the wall then straighten it back up again.
requesting intuition check, how to undo the mistake?, if check succeeds, do it, if check fails, make the door back re-open where the wall is
i'm not actually letting go of his hand btw, just tapping with the one finger. i do not want to make an opportunity for the party to be split up.

((information gained: AM is actively managing this environment, that kind of message was not part of what we were trying, it had to be added on afterwards.))

((i'm pretty sure i have the highest intuition of anyone on the ship, since everyone else likes being able to use weapons. lets hope this pays off...)

[intuition: 6+1]

This must be an error room or something. Maurice created a door to a pocket of incomplete memory and now it's starting to collapse. And you can't do anything. You're in his world now, not in the neutral one of before, or your own. This one is his, and only he can control it.

You start tapping him and shaking him. This isn't good, this isn't good.

do whatever you have to Doc, just keep me sane

survive curative process, head to briefing room, show off sexy new horribly disfigured body.

"You're going to feel a little pinch."

The skews descend together and jam themselves into you. The world warps red and yellow, after images shimmering through nothing and ineffable echos like the screams of distant stars burn in your ears.
[end:3]
You watch as arms form, growing from your chest and then dissolving into pus. You watch as your flesh writhes like Non-Newtonian fluid on a speaker, rising and falling in fluid twitching nodules.  You watch till your eyes melt out of your head.
[end:1]
You feel your flesh giving way, atrophying and reforming, burning itself up.
[end:2]
And then all is black and quiet. And there is no pain anymore. So ends the short and tragic tale of Sir.Lockerlot the Unfortunate.

(You have permanently died. Feel free to create a new character and start again right away. If you do so I'll put them right in the Briefing room, ready for mission selection. You can use the same stats as you have now if you wish)

((PW, can you give me an update on my stats? I'm not sure if my own list is updated.))

Join the briefing on the long mission

Stats:
Strength: 4
Dexterity: 5 (1/3)
Endurance: 5 (1/3)
Charisma: 1 (-1)
Intelligence: 5 (1/3)
Willpower: 5 (1/3)

Skills:
Speech: 1

Intuition: 2

Handiwork: 2 (+1)

Conventional Weapons: 3

Unconventional Weapons: 0 (- 1) (-1)

Exotic weapons: 0 (-1)(-1)

Auxiliary systems: 0 (-1)

Medical tech: 0 (-1)

Profession: Technician

You head into the briefing room.

(( Ah, that sort of clipping. Wasn't sure.
Wait, so it means it might not be an intentional way of passing through the kiosk wall?

@GM Request for clarification: Does the Armory Master's clipping through the armory window appear intentional, or not (like her still reading the magazine instead of approaching us this quite awkward way)?
If first, then:))
What the?..
Lyra, make a door back to the maze. I'll try to stall her.
Make a hard-vacuum wall (like the one I tried to graze) between us and the approaching Armory Master.
Let's see how good that is at stopping demigoddesses gone postal. Heh.
...I'm so going to have nightmares about this. If we get alive out of this mess, that is.
((If second, then: ))
What the?..
It is not right. This is certainly not the reality.

Turning to see the door disappear, Maurice smiled at Lyra.
Well, it seems I let us down with this plan. Let's see if we can get back to the maze.
Consider the details of the place we'd just been to - the double row of doors, the path, etc. CHARGE BRAIN POWAH.
Remain vigilant (as much as possible without compromising the above action).

She seems just sort of be drifting through the wall, still in a seated position. Ok.

You look away from that and concentrate on forming a door back to where you were before.

(Be careful. You tell them you're holding out on artifacts gathered on a mission they may just decide to take them. It's not like you can stop them if they want it.)

((Wait, what? I always assumed all the artifacts of value were taken from us at the end of a mission automatically. Hell, I always assumed we underwent some sort of full cavity body search to make sure no inmate would try to hide any shinies. And even so, if the CPU was something the researchers would want to study, wouldn't Steve immediately have noticed it when I stuffed it in my locker? Or are we supposed to literally use an action to hand over our loot for tokens?

Also, could I please get my stats and inventory (including stuff in my locker)? Pretty please? I'll level up after that.))

Go to Briefing Room.
(Steve doesn't care so much about the stuff that is that important, such as that thing you have, but the guys in the research labs might just decide they want it for themselves. It's not a guarantee or anything, but I figured I would just warn you about something that might happen.)

You head to the briefing room.

Name: Miyamoto De Bergerac
Appearance: rather plain, normal looking, if a bit unshaven at times.
Personal information: Even as a child, Miyamoto had been interested in science

and technology. And though he wasn't exceptionally gifted, through hard work and

perseverance, found himself studiyng genetics (with an option in robotics) at a

rather good university. Alas, he was a bit too helpfull for his own good, wich

got him in his current situation...
Reason assigned to HMRC: During his time working in the lab of his promotor, his

friend Pancaek asked him to safeguard a little package for him. 'Sure, no

problem, small trouble,' he said.
Next thing you know, armored police forces crash through the door of his

appartement and introduce his face to the bussiness end of a stun baton. After

that, he wakes up in hell a stasis pod in the Paracelsus' sword, with 10

missions standing between him and a chance for revenge against his 'mate'. 'i'll

get you for this mister Bond Pancaek!'

Stats:   strength: 3
   dext: 3
   endu: 3
   char: 0 (-1)
   intelligence: 11(2/3)
   will: 5 (1/3)

Skills:   speech: 0(-1)
   intuition: 1
   handiwork: 1
   conventional: 1
   unconventional: 3(1/3)
   exotic: 0(-1)(-1)
   auxiliary: 1 (+1)
   medical: 1

Profession: Scientist (grunt): +1 to Auxiliary systems, -1 to exotic weapons

(+1 to modifying and repairing suits and weapons.)

Microwave manipulator (19/20)

Battle suit: Mobility type.

Metal head.
Laser rifle (27/30)
pliers
9 token
Civilian Gauss rifle (4/10)
civlian gauss pistols X3 (14,2,5/14 rounds)

Locker:
Hunter CPU
Tear of timmy
Mining laser

I'm guessing the auto-chisel and the barricade-shield got lost in space and so did the murderdoctor's flamethrower.

Did the razor I looted from the UWM guy got lost in space too or did I give it to Jackinthebox? If I gave it to Jack then go take it back.

Ride my wheelchair to the briefing room.

Edit:Ask Steve:
If the sharkmist wasn't engineered with humans in mind, as you claim, then why was the miner in the tunnels turned into a sharkmist zombie and protecting the tunnels? Is it possible that it is symbiotic somehow, or that it adapts to external stimuli, that it evolves, in a way?

You get your razor back from from Jackie boy and get to the briefing room if you aren't already there.

>Possible. Milno has become symbiotic with it, albeit in a much more healthy manner. Or maybe the miner was simply dead and the structure inside him was using him as a puppet. We believe that the macro-structures may actually have been intelligent in some way, and as such the miner's proximity to the mines may have resulted in different effects. We don't have enough data to say anything for sure though.

Milno makes a slightly confused face and tilts his head, as if he actually didn't catch the meaning. He thought he had been growing to be less stupid than before, but it apparently didn't apply to all cases. "Eh. I'll have the MkIII made EMP-proof, just in case bad shit happens, and they always happen. So, how much would it cost to mix some of the more resilient alloy with the battlesuit's plate material?"

"Ah, and when my helmet is repaired, could you make it a little bigger so the honey badger design is showing? I kind of miss it." he admits.

The above.

((I think the best (more expensive) method involved replacing the electronic parts for ones shielded against EMPs, not sure. I think it was 4 token. Or 5.))
"The helmet I can do but the problem with making the plates more resiliant like that is that it means either we need to order a whole new set or reforge the ones you've got....We can see the ones you've got and get a new set to cover a good chunk of the cost but it will still be expensive. That combine with the EMP shielding and we're talking battle suit price. Is that OK?"

((8 tokens?! I-...wait, surely there's an explanation if I asked...However I'm not sure that me being in a tube is workable.

Requesting sheet, and examine surroundings, including if I can move or not. If possible, check the recent mission logs and their results.

Try to move my hand.

Also, updated, Piecewise-ish description of me?

@SC: I'd probably recommend those who - non-statwise - you think can hold up the most. The RP is in brilliant quantities, and I haven't seen most of the newbies test their skill yet. While, indeed, statistical numbers may govern what may happen and their relative power, there are always surprises in the green recruits awaiting for their potential to be unleashed.

Like from a batch of levied soldiers and veteran warriors, your pick is up to you :P [Pick Milno.]))

You're in the infirmary now. You're still human looking enough, though you've got more scars then before and you're increasingly resembling a terminator; just human flesh over mechanical insides. But for now you look human. You can move your hands and the rest of you for that matter. Everything seems alright.

Feyri
+1 intuition, con, str, uncon
-1 Handi,exotic,
-2 med
1/3 Dex,
Tesla Sabre 4:35/5:00
Gauss rifle [9/10](scoped with barrel) (+1 medium -1 short)(+1 long if scope is used)
Digital zoom 1-10x
Arming sword (str 10 needed, +2 to str when hittin if str requirement is met.)
(Mark of Vo-nos)
Combat shield (plastic)(Mark of Algis)(large chunk missing from the top, spider web cracking)
Medieval combat manual.
Laser rifle 30/30
laser rifle battery
civilian gauss rifle
8 token

Strength: 15 (+1)
Dexterity: 6 (1/3)
Endurance: 3
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 3
Willpower: 3

Quote from: Skills
Speech: 1
Intuition: 1 (+1)
Handiwork: 1 (-1)
Conventional Weapons: 1 (+1)
Unconventional Weapons: 9 (+1)
Exotic weapons: 0 (-1)
Auxiliary systems: 1
Medical tech: 0 (-1) (-1)
Profession: Mercenary (+1 to intuition and conventional weapons, -1 to medical

tech and handiwork)

((Jack seems to be one of the few that isnt a robot. And he is the one with a bolt action.))
To Steve: "Nimitz-class aircraft carrier big? Or Star destroyer Big?"

> We measure in miles, if that gives you a hint.

Odd. Well, now to us. I've already gathered that you're part of a HMRC team that met its untimely end, somehow ending up in that flask. Soo...

How many of you are there? I get the distinct feeling there's nine of you, out of a team of ten, and the survivor brought back the flask?
Do you remember your names and specialties?
What was that last mission you were on like, and how did you end up in that flask? Do you know what you are now?
Beyond communicating with me, which is definitely useful, do you have any other abilities?

Interview the Dead.

Not the same team.

Not the same time.

Many of us, so many.

Can't remember names.

But remember our lives.

I was in the Sword for the maiden voyage.

And I was here Her father fell.

And I saw him fight, it still scares me.

Don't know how the first one got here.

He doesn't talk much anymore.

But we know how we got here.

We all opened a flask .

One by one.

And then we died, not from the flask.

But we died.

It happens, eventually.

And then we were here.

And eventually you will be here too.

"Huh. Sounds like they need someone of my skills. Steve, do I get provided tools and replacement parts for the machinery that I may have to fix if I don't take a kit of some kind? Also, save me a spot in the briefing room would you? I need to talk to the lovely demi-goddess of war in the armory about some stuff first."

LEVEL UP: +5 to dex, +3 to aux

Head to the armory and see what I can get for my rifle and clips, as well as how much it would cost to get my torch refilled and how much it would cost to get some kind of armor plating on my suit.

"Give you 2 for the rifle and the clip. Refill torch for a token. Armor depends on how good and how much."

Actually, I wanted general tactics for missions. But first, please teach me about conventional weaponry and its tatics, I have the feeling the Doc is going to be busy for a good while.

Ask AM.

"Conventional tactics are easy. Practice trigger discipline, check your corners, always get cover before you shoot back and take your time to aim. The trickier stuff comes from experience; like how depending on the weapon you're using or the one you're up against, cover can mean different things. Cover from a cutting laser is more hiding then seeking shelter, and thermal sensors mixed with a cutting laser means you can wipe out men through walls. Is there any specific weapon you have in mind?"

"endoscopic surgery probably..." "I'm not buying it, I bet the freak was fucking around in our insides" "ya think he'd do that?" "We know he's done worse to people for no reason"

Send to the Docs wristpad:
Hey Doc, I hope I'm not bugging you while your doing anything important. If you have some spare time, I have these small scars where I can't remember getting wounded, what's up with that?

"Hey AM, I've been getting better with my amps lately, but now I'm constantly scared about pushing it too far and I heard there's something called a decompensator for that? How much would that cost?"
He looks confused for a moment, the suddenly looks rather embarrassed
"I just realized I've been calling you by your job title the entire time. Would it be okay to ask your name? Rank? How, uh, should I adress you?"

Send mail to Doc and go to armory and ask above to AM
Removing growing macrostructures.

I'll assume you can look at Mesk's last posts for the cost and the way it works.

"You can call me the armory master. Because thats what I am."

"Oh good. The sooner I get off this ship the better. Nurse! Could you get me to the Briefing room? I want to apply for the mission."

Get to the briefing room.

You go to the briefing room.

"Huh. Well, do you have the parts to make a Colt .45?"

Ask Armory Master.

((Yay, sword!))
"I can get one made, if that's what you're asking."

((Jack seems to be one of the few that isnt a robot. And he is the one with a bolt action.))
To Steve: "Nimitz-class aircraft carrier big? Or Star destroyer Big?"

((SSD or bigger flying brick, if the ER Talks are anything to go by.

Also, SC, if you want me, you better tell Simus fast, because otherwise I will probably be going to the second team.))

I suppose that means the launcher isn't a proved prototype yet? Would I still have to make the shells by hand?

Go and observe the Rec Room's state post-Ivanopocalypse, specifically, the number of VR machines damaged/destroyed vs functional and intact.

There are only a Few remaining VR machines. But then again, it doesn't look like maintenance has been through here yet, so that might change.

"Thanks Ms, if you don't mind me asking, why did you become a nurse here, were you a convict, did you specifically want to watch the Scum of humanity die or was it just coincidence?" After asking this Bruce went to his message pad.
Quote from: To The Doctor on the Sword
Hello Doctor, I wish to inform you that i am willing to let you experiment with my body as long as three rules are followed.
1. I want to be able to get through doors.
2. I want to be able to communicate properly.
3. I want to keep myself in the body, not some twisted for of my mind.
Bruce messages that and then checks his Token count.
((Take one out of conventional and put it in intuition and put the last on in will.))
She smiles and walks away without saying anything. You send your message to the doctor.

Just interested in simple combat?

(5 tokens)

Thomas stands up, not having moved since he was pulled into the briefing room. He looks around, with a slightly confused expression on his face.
"Huh... Guess I missed them."
He goes and gets his miscellaneous drugs and paraphernalia from the barracks, then goes to ask the AM about decompensators.
((Can I get stats, skills, and inventory please?))
Quote from: Thomas to Jim
Hi Jim, it's Thomas. I just wanted to tell you that I'm open for the mission.
((Edited because I knew I'd forgotten something))

Look back at mesk's last two posts for the information on the decompensators.

Strength: 3
Dexterity: 5(1/3)
Endurance: 7(1/3)
Charisma: 5(1/3)
Intelligence: 0 (-1)
Willpower: 15(+1)

Skills:
Speech: 0(-1)

Intuition: 1 (+1)

Handiwork: 1(-1)

Conventional Weapons: 9 (+1)(+1)

Unconventional Weapons: 1

Exotic weapons: 1

Auxiliary systems: 1

Medical tech: 0 (-1) (-1)

Profession:Mercenary (Conventional)

MK II
blue smoke cigarettes
power pack and scoped Laser rifle(+1 med) (marked with ingram and Pathmas's

signs)
Monoatomic razor

Civ police body armor.

Half-milno thick armor, infrared, light-vision and binocular view

blue pill
Fistful of random halluciogens
normal booze
Xeno spit.
"Tree of knowledge" book

Tokens 6

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12634 on: March 02, 2013, 06:55:28 pm »

Le sigh...

(You have permanently died. Feel free to create
a new character and start again right away. If
you do so I'll put them right in the Briefing room,
ready for mission selection. You can use the
same stats as you have now if you wish)

Yeah lets just do that, call him auron

respawn as auron, get briefed on second mission, buy pulse rifle mk II
Actually i think ill alter my stats a bit, not skills just stats.
Stats:
3 strength
5 dexterity
5 endurance
4 intelligencr
0 charisma
3 willpower

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:21:01 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12635 on: March 02, 2013, 06:59:18 pm »

To others in briefing room:"This is the first time talking to you all so shall we first mention our names? I'm Jack. Jack Hansan. Yours?"

chat with people in briefing room while waiting for anyone else.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12636 on: March 02, 2013, 07:06:00 pm »

Request for AM to make Colt .45 Pistol.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12637 on: March 02, 2013, 07:27:14 pm »

Unless Lyra calls for something else, think of a door to the path we've just been on.
Follow her requests.

((I will probably be off for the next 6-something hours, so I'm giving comand over my character to Lenglon in case following turns come around sooner than I can reply. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12638 on: March 02, 2013, 07:36:46 pm »

Trade in my cutting torch, anticoagulant pill and Mk. II suit for a Mk. III.  Should leave me with 0 tokens.  Then head for the briefing room.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12639 on: March 02, 2013, 07:37:37 pm »

To the AM: "Holy feth, that expensive decomp costs as much as a battlesuit, economy is weird sometimes. Say, is there a reason there's no step between the last two? It just goes from pretty unreliable to perfect performance without anything in between?

Ask above to armory master, then go to VR. Load up tinker and spawn a metal tube about 1.5 meters long and 1cm thick, with enough width to hold a 3cm wide and 4cm long slug. Make said 3 cmx 4cm slugs out of solid metal and give them a pointy tip. spawn a dummy human in mk.III armor. Put in slug, aim at dummy, and use my MM amp to speed the bullet up to about 1.5km/sec. then, grab random spoon, aim spoon at dummy, and shoot that with my MM amp.

((Can I get the results of a 5 and 6 roll, If it's not asking too much?))
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:34:30 pm by Pancaek »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12640 on: March 02, 2013, 07:39:01 pm »

((I think I'll just dump all my stat points into Dex and all my skill points into Conventional, to keep things simple.
That should give me 15 and 6 in them, respectively.))

>Dream about happier days.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12641 on: March 02, 2013, 07:40:26 pm »

"How much do they cost?"
((Did I miss the prices?)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12642 on: March 02, 2013, 07:40:47 pm »

((Sorry for the long post, Piecewise, but with me missing a couple of turns, my character really needs to make a lot of stuff done.

And now I had the idea of making a graph that would show numbers of posts versus new characters submitted, adjusted to include only the characters actually played. God I should not be allowed near graphs.))

Ah, the world of color. One that I never hoped to see again. Now would be a good time to take a walk in the field. Enjoy the sun. Look at the horizon. Accustom myself to what normal people take for granted. Learn to filter out the noise, but enjoy that noise while it lasts. Seeing and noticing all those things that regular people do not notice, but which are beautiful and charming each in their own respect. Even bland walls of a prison are a welcome sight from no sight at all.
   But no, I have to run immediately. No quiet and calm time here. Which I find ridiculous. After more than a hundred year in stasis I awaken, and what happens first? Some free time? A couple months of leisurely watching TV? No, I have to immediately run and register here, stamp my name there, ask questions, and with a fast-closing deadline, unless I want to be stuck on a mission in my underpants. Oh well, better get started on it. HMRC gave me my sight back, so I suppose it alone can justify giving me no time to enjoy it. With that, Vich did the following things:

1).   Jog to the Rec Room. Ignore the balagan inside and eat Foods 2 until reasonably satiated.

2).   Got to VR Machines. Download all mission summaries to my wrist pad and skim through them.

3).   Look at the Tinker designs available. Load up the Sub-Exoskeleton Models B and C (Nikitian's sig). Try to find the exaggerated movements mode, and then load up their designs to my wrist-pad.

4).   Jog to the Armory and ask if I can buy the Sub-Exoskeleton Models listed. Then ask if they have a bicycle, and if they do, how much it costs and what varieties they have.

5).   Get my ass to the VR Machines ones again, and look at what varieties and designs of bicycles are in use and listed there. Investigate the top five. (I am fairly confident that almost no one on this thread, nor as matter of fact in the entire Sci-Fi genre, has ever thought of using bicycles. I would be very sad if you retroactively corrected that, and denied me a prototype. ;D)

6).   Run some tests (always rolling 4):

7).    Send a wrist-pad message to Milno, Jim, and Miyamoto:
Quote from: Vich to Mlno, Jim, Miyamoto
Can one of you loan me a token? I am a new recruit, and as you probably know from experience, I don't have much. And some of you probably have several spare from your missions. A single token would set me a long way towards survival, and I will repay right after my mission ends. If I don't, you can have my soul.
   Hey Steve, is there anyone with tokens besides those three? I'd just like to know in case they don't answer.

8:   Jog over to the Briefing room and sign up.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:23:07 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12643 on: March 02, 2013, 07:47:06 pm »

Return to the armory.

Can I get some tools for the salvage of computer systems? Seems the rec Room's been... Recked, and some of the VR machines have been mutilated. I'd like to see if I can get some components out before they're scrapped.

Acquire tools, salvage what remains of the computer cores from the wrecked VR machines, and head to the Briefing Room.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12644 on: March 02, 2013, 07:49:41 pm »

Jim decides to look himself over, using a mirror if possible, to get an idea of how he appears to everyone else. Then he goes back to the VR Machines and starts up a new simulation as a test: recreating the 'Sword down to the exact detail, but without Jim himself - instead he's taking the place of Steve. He then spawns two generic people in the rec room, both equipped with Mass Manipulation, Gravity Manipulator, and Neural Connector amps, and sets their AI to be as stealthy as possible when mindcontrolling others and only use the Manipulation Amps as a last resort. Once the pieces are in place, he starts the simulation to see how well everyone fares in this scenario.

(Pre Post Edit) He also gives whoever that guy is that's asking for a token one when he is in the same room at the same time, because he's in a good mood right now and willing to accept repayment at a later date.

(I'm thinking Jim's now built like Goro or Kintaro, but with a human face and human hands. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 2101