_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733507 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Last one chosen for kickball.
« Reply #12645 on: March 02, 2013, 07:55:51 pm »

((Sorry to bother. I can't ever post anything longer than a sentence without editing it.))

(Pre Post Edit) He also gives whoever that guy is that's asking for a token one when he is in the same room at the same time, because he's in a good mood right now and willing to accept repayment at a later date.[/b]
Thank you a lot Jim. I won't forget that. Ever.

Quote from: Vich to Milno and Miyamoto
Got the token. Thank you anyway.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12646 on: March 02, 2013, 08:01:08 pm »

((Sorry to bother. I can't ever post anything longer than a sentence without editing it.))

(Pre Post Edit) He also gives whoever that guy is that's asking for a token one when he is in the same room at the same time, because he's in a good mood right now and willing to accept repayment at a later date.[/b]

Quote from: Vich to Milno and Miyamoto
Got the token. Thank you anyway.
((Watch out Tiruin. She's going to kill Feyri, so Jim will be only hers,))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12647 on: March 02, 2013, 08:07:11 pm »

((It's a he, you lobster.

By the way, when I call you guys names, do I have to specify I am doing it humorously, or is it just assumed? Because putting a smiley face at the end of everything kinda kills it.))
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:08:51 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12648 on: March 02, 2013, 08:12:21 pm »

By the way, when I call you guys names, do I have to specify I am doing it humorously, or is it just assumed? Because putting a smiley face at the end of everything kinda kills it.))
((Hey, when I consider myself a crustacean, I prefer to call myself a brine shrimp. Also, it still matches. Except for the whole "s" being in there.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12649 on: March 02, 2013, 08:22:19 pm »

((I didn't even knew that lobster IS a "name". At least not in any context relevant to this one. Lobsters are in my opinion very good animals.))

Flint stopped his wheelchair in front of Jack. "Hey there Jack. Name is Flint, Flint Westwood. Former actor of much fame (you may have seen me in films like "The Eliminator 41: the tea party of the machines" or "The spy that came from the Altered") and currently a mining exosuit wielder.  Nice to meet you."

Prepare to ambush the briefing. Wait. Wait. Wait a bit more. That briefing is bound to appear sometime. And when it does, I'll be there, ready and waiting, and I shall have my revenge!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:11:43 pm by Parisbre56 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12650 on: March 02, 2013, 08:47:44 pm »

Faith sighed, or more accurately made a sighing sound, since she no longer had lungs, while her expression turned to :<

"How much would regrowing my body cost? Also, can you give me some guidelines on the costs of custom synthflesh bodies? Are there any side effects to being a brain in a robot or synthflesh body? How long do people in that state usually live?"

She then messaged the Doctor.

Quote from: Faith to Doctor
This is technically your fault, you know.

Anyway, what are the major differences between synthflesh and heavily augmented organic tissue?

Message Doctor. Ask nurse about, and then if she doesn't know the answer look up on the net or VR:

-Side effects of being a robot/synthflesh robot
-Life expectancy of robots/synthflesh robots
-Pricing guidelines on custom synthflesh
-Where robots/synthflesh robots get energy and nutrition, if any, from
-How synthflesh is repaired
-How tall and heavily muscled a default synthflesh body is
-What the general effects of extra arms are on a synthflesh body
-How easy it is to modify or include custom augments in synthflesh, like Eric's implanted kinetic amps or just making the material stronger, tougher, or otherwise nonstandard

Then spawn self in VR in a synthflesh body and test it out, paying special attention to how senses are affected, what the texture is, how injuries work, and basically every mundane way it compares to an organic tissue.

EDIT: Also, go to the briefing room. Cancel some of this if it takes too long to do both.

(I'm thinking Jim's now built like Goro or Kintaro, but with a human face and human hands. >.>)
((Simple solution then, see if they can modify your face and hands. :P))

((By the way, when I call you guys names, do I have to specify I am doing it humorously, or is it just assumed? Because putting a smiley face at the end of everything kinda kills it.))
((For the most part I'd say we're chill enough to assume you're joking. Using names that aren't actually ever used for name calling helps also.))
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:01:37 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12651 on: March 02, 2013, 09:06:56 pm »

(@Thearpox: About the one-line response: No problem. I don't mind succinct responses. ^^^
@Irony: Not happening. :P I want to remain somewhat human. The extra arms are just me being greedy as hell and keeping the extras. And they will probably be useful regardless, so...)

"If it helps you stay alive, it's a worthwhile investment," Jim responded. As a veteran, he felt it was up to him to keep the newer recruits alive until his time was up - one way or another. And besides, everything he might want cost so many tokens he'd have to go on another two or three missions to get them anyway, so lending one out now wasn't going to interfere with his own plans. "Keep an eye out, out there. You never really know what to expect from these missions," he said as he went back to his simulation.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12652 on: March 02, 2013, 09:09:13 pm »

Head to the briefing room.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12653 on: March 02, 2013, 09:26:04 pm »

((SC: I didn't mean my response. I meant my 1.5 pages post that was a nightmare to write and edit, and the fact that I edited the format of my plea for a token about 5 or 7 times after posting it. It might have been very confusing for someone constantly refreshing the page.))

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12654 on: March 02, 2013, 09:44:06 pm »

Kind of relieved someone else started the conversation, Zephyris introduced herself.
"I'm Zephyris, though friends used to call me Zephy." She turned to Flint, looking at him for a moment but failing to recognize him. She'd heard of the 'Eliminator' movies but never actually saw them.
"May I ask how a famous actor managed to end up here?"

Chat while waiting
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12655 on: March 02, 2013, 10:05:58 pm »

Hmm... They are asking for exposition? Then, as an actor I am bound by tradition to use the ancient song of exposition.

Ask Steve:"Hey, Steve, can I get some music?"

He tried getting up to dance, however his leg hadn't quite healed yet, so Flint compromised with just moving his wheelchair around. He begun singing, hoping Steve would understand what to play.

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute- just take cover right there
I'll tell you how I came to fight in the HMRC 'till I'm dead.

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
In a colony world born and raised
Making crappy movies I had spent most of my days
Chase scenes, sex scenes, looking all cool
And all shooting what I thought were mere altered fools
When a couple of altered, they were so very good
Started making me think that maybe *I* was the fool
I made one little documentary and UWM got scared
And said: "You'll tell us what we want and then you'll end up dead."

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
I writhe in pain, the Man says "Yield!"
I try not to talk, for my friends I fear
But then he did something with his mind, so weird
And I thought nah, forget it, "I'll talk when I'm dead!"

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
After an interrogation (more like seven or eight)
I yelled in frustration "No more! I'll tell you everything!"
Broken and sad I was finally here
To fight for those I hate 'till I end up dead.

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

Having finished the song, he explained. "Note: Some details have been modified to fit the song. I would never be as stupid as to try to befriend real altered. They were extremely gene-modded humans. If you find the story interesting I am willing to elaborate... to an extent. I don't like thinking about these things too much." It's just that I'm afraid that I won't be around to share it for long. He settled down and tried to catch his breath. Damn I'm getting too old for this.

((Sorry, couldn't resist. Here's the original if you don't know what that means (ie never watched reruns of old shows). And with that, I'm done for today.))
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 10:09:38 pm by Parisbre56 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12656 on: March 02, 2013, 10:30:05 pm »

Victor leaves his weapon with all the required instructions and schematics in the Armory. He then goes into cryo and sets the duration as indefinite.

New Character sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12657 on: March 02, 2013, 10:54:29 pm »

Unless Lyra calls for something else, think of a door to the path we've just been on.
Follow her requests.

((I will probably be off for the next 6-something hours, so I'm giving comand over my character to Lenglon in case following turns come around sooner than I can reply. ))
((understood, although your current action seems like the best thing we can do right now))
Continue to hold on to Maurice, if he makes a door out, GTFO with him
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12658 on: March 02, 2013, 11:07:44 pm »

((Well while I'm waiting might as well mess about))

"Well since everyone is sharing... I am Michael Alexander or just Michael for short I don't mind which"

message to the armory master;

Hey am I able to get a microwave manipulator battery recharged for free?

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12659 on: March 02, 2013, 11:08:17 pm »

Do a quick cursory weirdvision scan of the people assembled in the breifing room. Look for anything unusual, or otherwise out of place.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 2101