_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5672981 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Last one chosen for kickball.
« Reply #12660 on: March 02, 2013, 11:13:22 pm »

((Just to clarify, the Charisma gives a direct bonus to speech checks, and Will and Int give bonuses to Exotic and Uncon weapons respectively, right?

Grrr. Making top page again.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12661 on: March 02, 2013, 11:38:05 pm »

"Ok, can you tell me if there are any modifications for the rocket rifle and what they do? Also, how much to refill this clip on the gauss rifle? Please don't tell me that it costs a whole token just for three shots..."

Inquire!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12662 on: March 03, 2013, 12:39:18 am »

"For now I just want the EMP shielding and the helmet armor repaired - maybe adding a collar or something made with the new alloy to protect my neck - or may end up without tokens to do something I'm thinking about." Milno answers, reminded of Feyri's situation. "How much would that be?"

The above.

((@GM: How many tokens do I have right now?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12663 on: March 03, 2013, 01:17:02 am »

Anton sighed. He'd rather not disassemble his wristpad, because he'd run the risk of getting left without it. On the other hand, maybe if he could get his hands on something more replaceable...
Ignoring the introductions elsewhere in the room, he asks Steve.

"Hey, Steve? How much would a personal data assisstant - I mean, a PDA, a datapad - cost here? Do we even have access to those?"

((I know of the 'pads OOC, but Anton needs to find out, and I don't really remember whether or not they cost anything.))

Ask Steve. If datapads are free, go and acquire one from the Armory, then download all Anton's personal project schematics from VR Tinker to it. Gauge the memory capacity of the pad, and download as much of the standard HMRC gear schematics as would fit to it as well, then return to the briefing room.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12664 on: March 03, 2013, 01:56:20 am »

((Actually, I don't want to go on the long mission. I would prefer to either go on Jim's mission or stay on the ship, actually.))

So, the leg-only exoskeleton does work. Now, do two things:

>Firstly, add steel claws that resemble a bird's at the exoskeleton's feet. Test ability to climb up a wall using them.

>Secondly, see if I can increase the power of the exoskeleton somehow.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12665 on: March 03, 2013, 04:17:29 am »

Le sigh...

(You have permanently died. Feel free to create
a new character and start again right away. If
you do so I'll put them right in the Briefing room,
ready for mission selection. You can use the
same stats as you have now if you wish)

Yeah lets just do that, call him auron

respawn as auron, get briefed on second mission, buy pulse rifle mk II
Actually i think ill alter my stats a bit, not skills just stats.
Stats:
3 strength
5 dexterity
5 endurance
4 intelligencr
0 charisma
3 willpower

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Got it. You're there.

Request for AM to make Colt .45 Pistol.

"Fine."

She walks into the back and comes out  with a .45 colt. She hucks it into your forehead.

"Have fun."

Unless Lyra calls for something else, think of a door to the path we've just been on.
Follow her requests.

((I will probably be off for the next 6-something hours, so I'm giving comand over my character to Lenglon in case following turns come around sooner than I can reply. ))

[will:4+1]

A door appears in front of you.

Trade in my cutting torch, anticoagulant pill and Mk. II suit for a Mk. III.  Should leave me with 0 tokens.  Then head for the briefing room.

Got it. You head to the briefing room.

To the AM: "Holy feth, that expensive decomp costs as much as a battlesuit, economy is weird sometimes. Say, is there a reason there's no step between the last two? It just goes from pretty unreliable to perfect performance without anything in between?

Ask above to armory master, then go to VR. Load up tinker and spawn a metal tube about 1.5 meters long and 1cm thick, with enough width to hold a 3cm wide and 4cm long slug. Make said 3 cmx 4cm slugs out of solid metal and give them a pointy tip. spawn a dummy human in mk.III armor. Put in slug, aim at dummy, and use my MM amp to speed the bullet up to about 1.5km/sec. then, grab random spoon, aim spoon at dummy, and shoot that with my MM amp.

((Can I get the results of a 5 and 6 roll, If it's not asking too much?))

"Because the last one  is just three of the ones before it stuck together. It's actually under-priced."

You go to the VR machine to discover that using psychic powers to throw metal high speeds into people is bad for their health.

((I think I'll just dump all my stat points into Dex and all my skill points into Conventional, to keep things simple.
That should give me 15 and 6 in them, respectively.))

>Dream about happier days.
You dream about the days when you weren't about to die all the time. Seems like that was a very long time ago.

"How much do they cost?"
((Did I miss the prices?)

((Sorry for the long post, Piecewise, but with me missing a couple of turns, my character really needs to make a lot of stuff done.

And now I had the idea of making a graph that would show numbers of posts versus new characters submitted, adjusted to include only the characters actually played. God I should not be allowed near graphs.))

Ah, the world of color. One that I never hoped to see again. Now would be a good time to take a walk in the field. Enjoy the sun. Look at the horizon. Accustom myself to what normal people take for granted. Learn to filter out the noise, but enjoy that noise while it lasts. Seeing and noticing all those things that regular people do not notice, but which are beautiful and charming each in their own respect. Even bland walls of a prison are a welcome sight from no sight at all.
   But no, I have to run immediately. No quiet and calm time here. Which I find ridiculous. After more than a hundred year in stasis I awaken, and what happens first? Some free time? A couple months of leisurely watching TV? No, I have to immediately run and register here, stamp my name there, ask questions, and with a fast-closing deadline, unless I want to be stuck on a mission in my underpants. Oh well, better get started on it. HMRC gave me my sight back, so I suppose it alone can justify giving me no time to enjoy it. With that, Vich did the following things:

1).   Jog to the Rec Room. Ignore the balagan inside and eat Foods 2 until reasonably satiated.

2).   Got to VR Machines. Download all mission summaries to my wrist pad and skim through them.

3).   Look at the Tinker designs available. Load up the Sub-Exoskeleton Models B and C (Nikitian's sig). Try to find the exaggerated movements mode, and then load up their designs to my wrist-pad.

4).   Jog to the Armory and ask if I can buy the Sub-Exoskeleton Models listed. Then ask if they have a bicycle, and if they do, how much it costs and what varieties they have.

5).   Get my ass to the VR Machines ones again, and look at what varieties and designs of bicycles are in use and listed there. Investigate the top five. (I am fairly confident that almost no one on this thread, nor as matter of fact in the entire Sci-Fi genre, has ever thought of using bicycles. I would be very sad if you retroactively corrected that, and denied me a prototype. ;D)

6).   Run some tests (always rolling 4):

7).    Send a wrist-pad message to Milno, Jim, and Miyamoto:
Quote from: Vich to Mlno, Jim, Miyamoto
Can one of you loan me a token? I am a new recruit, and as you probably know from experience, I don't have much. And some of you probably have several spare from your missions. A single token would set me a long way towards survival, and I will repay right after my mission ends. If I don't, you can have my soul.
   Hey Steve, is there anyone with tokens besides those three? I'd just like to know in case they don't answer.

8:   Jog over to the Briefing room and sign up.

1.You eat your fill.

2. IC knowledge gained.

3. You get the schematics and find that mode.

As per the rest, you sir do not have in game hours to waste here so you're in the briefing room now. If you get chosen you get the rest of this done in the time between briefing and stasis.

Return to the armory.

Can I get some tools for the salvage of computer systems? Seems the rec Room's been... Recked, and some of the VR machines have been mutilated. I'd like to see if I can get some components out before they're scrapped.

Acquire tools, salvage what remains of the computer cores from the wrecked VR machines, and head to the Briefing Room.

Anton already got all the bits out of the broken VR machines so....BRIEFING

Jim decides to look himself over, using a mirror if possible, to get an idea of how he appears to everyone else. Then he goes back to the VR Machines and starts up a new simulation as a test: recreating the 'Sword down to the exact detail, but without Jim himself - instead he's taking the place of Steve. He then spawns two generic people in the rec room, both equipped with Mass Manipulation, Gravity Manipulator, and Neural Connector amps, and sets their AI to be as stealthy as possible when mindcontrolling others and only use the Manipulation Amps as a last resort. Once the pieces are in place, he starts the simulation to see how well everyone fares in this scenario.

(Pre Post Edit) He also gives whoever that guy is that's asking for a token one when he is in the same room at the same time, because he's in a good mood right now and willing to accept repayment at a later date.

(I'm thinking Jim's now built like Goro or Kintaro, but with a human face and human hands. >.>)

You look in a mirror. You look like a giant, with heavily accentuated  musculature , pure white skin and solid black eyes. Your  face is a very sort of generic handsome, not too fey or too macho, just a sort of hard jawed generic handsome. And you have 4 arms, so thats cool.

Your attempts to recreate the sword and takes Steve's place.

>Can't let you do that, star fox.

Faith sighed, or more accurately made a sighing sound, since she no longer had lungs, while her expression turned to :<

"How much would regrowing my body cost? Also, can you give me some guidelines on the costs of custom synthflesh bodies? Are there any side effects to being a brain in a robot or synthflesh body? How long do people in that state usually live?"

She then messaged the Doctor.

Quote from: Faith to Doctor
This is technically your fault, you know.

Anyway, what are the major differences between synthflesh and heavily augmented organic tissue?

Message Doctor. Ask nurse about, and then if she doesn't know the answer look up on the net or VR:

-Side effects of being a robot/synthflesh robot
-Life expectancy of robots/synthflesh robots
-Pricing guidelines on custom synthflesh
-Where robots/synthflesh robots get energy and nutrition, if any, from
-How synthflesh is repaired
-How tall and heavily muscled a default synthflesh body is
-What the general effects of extra arms are on a synthflesh body
-How easy it is to modify or include custom augments in synthflesh, like Eric's implanted kinetic amps or just making the material stronger, tougher, or otherwise nonstandard

Then spawn self in VR in a synthflesh body and test it out, paying special attention to how senses are affected, what the texture is, how injuries work, and basically every mundane way it compares to an organic tissue.

EDIT: Also, go to the briefing room. Cancel some of this if it takes too long to do both.

(I'm thinking Jim's now built like Goro or Kintaro, but with a human face and human hands. >.>)
((Simple solution then, see if they can modify your face and hands. :P))

((By the way, when I call you guys names, do I have to specify I am doing it humorously, or is it just assumed? Because putting a smiley face at the end of everything kinda kills it.))
((For the most part I'd say we're chill enough to assume you're joking. Using names that aren't actually ever used for name calling helps also.))
Gonna skip the vr stuff for time sake. And lowering our "cluster fuck" ratio here.

Now then, lets see about these questions...

-None really, at least nothing biological.
-200 years, give or take. Although thats not in the HMRC
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-nChTVtKH4
-Nutrient packs. Need to be infused every so often. Not a big deal.
-Chemical bath. It regenerates itself but not without the chemicals in the bath.
-8 or 9 feet, and very.
-ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!
-Depends on the augment really. Extensive modification is harder, obviously.

Head to the briefing room.
Briefing room'd

Victor leaves his weapon with all the required instructions and schematics in the Armory. He then goes into cryo and sets the duration as indefinite.

New Character sheet
Yeah I pretty much switched you out already. So you're good.

Unless Lyra calls for something else, think of a door to the path we've just been on.
Follow her requests.

((I will probably be off for the next 6-something hours, so I'm giving comand over my character to Lenglon in case following turns come around sooner than I can reply. ))
((understood, although your current action seems like the best thing we can do right now))
Continue to hold on to Maurice, if he makes a door out, GTFO with him

You shove Maurice through the door he made and you both find yourself back in the void, surrounded by nothing but blackness.

"oh...um...where are our doors?"

((Well while I'm waiting might as well mess about))

"Well since everyone is sharing... I am Michael Alexander or just Michael for short I don't mind which"

message to the armory master;

Hey am I able to get a microwave manipulator battery recharged for free?

No.

Do a quick cursory weirdvision scan of the people assembled in the breifing room. Look for anything unusual, or otherwise out of place.

Uh...well you get a good look at everyone's genitalia. What do you want, like a bar graph of dick sizes?

((Just to clarify, the Charisma gives a direct bonus to speech checks, and Will and Int give bonuses to Exotic and Uncon weapons respectively, right?

Grrr. Making top page again.))
Charisma is a fallback for speech checks,  will and int are the "ammo" that amps and Manipulators use.

"For now I just want the EMP shielding and the helmet armor repaired - maybe adding a collar or something made with the new alloy to protect my neck - or may end up without tokens to do something I'm thinking about." Milno answers, reminded of Feyri's situation. "How much would that be?"

The above.

((@GM: How many tokens do I have right now?))

"Oh, 11 token."

(26 right now)

Anton sighed. He'd rather not disassemble his wristpad, because he'd run the risk of getting left without it. On the other hand, maybe if he could get his hands on something more replaceable...
Ignoring the introductions elsewhere in the room, he asks Steve.

"Hey, Steve? How much would a personal data assisstant - I mean, a PDA, a datapad - cost here? Do we even have access to those?"

((I know of the 'pads OOC, but Anton needs to find out, and I don't really remember whether or not they cost anything.))

Ask Steve. If datapads are free, go and acquire one from the Armory, then download all Anton's personal project schematics from VR Tinker to it. Gauge the memory capacity of the pad, and download as much of the standard HMRC gear schematics as would fit to it as well, then return to the briefing room.

You people and your VR. I'm locking you in the briefing room next time, I swear.

Yeah, you get a datapad and download your data. It's free.

((Actually, I don't want to go on the long mission. I would prefer to either go on Jim's mission or stay on the ship, actually.))

So, the leg-only exoskeleton does work. Now, do two things:

>Firstly, add steel claws that resemble a bird's at the exoskeleton's feet. Test ability to climb up a wall using them.

>Secondly, see if I can increase the power of the exoskeleton somehow.

Steel claws are easy. You want them just static or actually articulated? Because you'll need some sort of system to control them if the second.

How much stronger we talking?

The Holoprojector in the Briefing room turns on.

>Alright people, you're here for the long mission eh? Well I'll give you the break down but then it's up to you to chose the leader and the members.

The team is going to be sent on an expedition of sorts to Anomalous Planetoid 1774. Your mission will be to map and explore its surface as much as possible within the time period available to you. You will be provided with not only mapping software but an entire functional outpost which will see to your needs for the next year or so. It should be stocked with everything you'll need from food and supplies to a rudimentary medbay and garage, complete with vehicles to aid in the exploration.

Now, the following is what we know about AP's in general.

The are wanderers, no connection to a set solar system or identified orbit.

They pass through gravity wells, seemingly unaffected.

Mildly anomalous from long range observations, often too reflective, throwing off high levels of radiation, irregular spin rates etc.

They move in straight lines, no deflection.

They Appear from known and occasionally unknown jump points, travel in a straight line to the next one and vanish.

During their travel they, for unknown reasons, slow down after leaving the first jump and then speed up again as they approach the second.

They are much more anomalous up close then from a distance.

So this AP has reappeared after a long period of absence and its your mission to learn as much about it as you can, via mapping, gathering of data and specimens, etc, while it's still around.  I'll level with you, you won't be the first people to be on 1774. We had a team there a while back; they're the ones who built the base you'll use. They all died within 3 days of landing. Turns out the crater next to the base is a dangerously powerful, localized gravity seep. Who knew, right?  Oh well, don't go into it and you'll be fine.

Anyways, it will be in your best interest to bring not only those good at exploring but some techies and a medic or two, just to stay alive. Because theres no back up here, folks. You're alone in the deep dark, so you're gonna have to be self reliant.

Any questions?

OK, Everyone in the briefing room right now is LOCKED IN until you chose your leader and he chooses the team members.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12666 on: March 03, 2013, 04:22:14 am »

Charles examines his surroundings.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12667 on: March 03, 2013, 04:23:15 am »

Jim sighs and just runs the simulation with Steve still in control and himself as a non-present observer instead - similar to the 'spectator' mode in many FPS games. Too bad... it would've been interesting to see what things are like from Steve's point of view.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12668 on: March 03, 2013, 04:37:58 am »

... do not let go
intuition... what went wrong THIS time? test if i can make a blue ink pen and yellow college ruled flip-top notepad if i'm low on data to figure out what's going on.

((well, going through doors without waiting a turn to see what's on the other side seems to be *not working* but i dont think our situation is any worse than it was before that last one, although it might not be any better...))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12669 on: March 03, 2013, 04:42:51 am »

>Make articulated claws meant principally for grabbing: try hooking the claws up to the control system for the exoskeleton, altering programming as needed.

>Try making the skeleton powerful enough to make a ten foot vertical jump. Lengthen the legs to about 1.5 their original length, then see if it moves any faster.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12670 on: March 03, 2013, 04:45:21 am »

vote miyamoto so i can hide behind his ass in firefights
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 02:10:24 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12671 on: March 03, 2013, 04:47:00 am »

"Well, I guess I'll volunteer for expedition leader.
I mean, I think I have shown that I'm concerned about bringing my teammates back alive, if that counts for something.

More importantly, I have Gilgamesh, who will be of great use during a reckon mission, I'm rather good with machinery and I still have my scientific background, somewhere."

((LEVEL UP))
Thinking back on the previous mission, it occurred to Miyamoto that it had been a very strange mission, outright weird even. Yes, a very unconventional (+3) experience indeed.
Not only that, but scooping up his teammates in the great void like that was something he never thought himself capable of. He was much more dexterous (+5) than he ever suspected. Finally, fishing up those people gave him a new appreciation for zero g spear fishing (+2).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:59:15 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12672 on: March 03, 2013, 05:40:19 am »

"Agreed. And if you're not available if we need something driven, there's me."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 05:49:54 am by Tavik Toth »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12673 on: March 03, 2013, 05:42:08 am »

"Uh huh" "Well may I vote for you sir as admin sounds like a nightmare"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12674 on: March 03, 2013, 05:49:55 am »

My belated reply from here...

((PW, you missed something :P))

Level Up!
Spoiler: Feyri Nirel (click to show/hide)

And now I'm back again...

Back here. Alone.

Feyri lifted herself up by her shoulders as she surveyed the room, rubbing her fingers against the bedsheet to assure herself of her senses.

She was alive, once more - the last thing she noticed was a searing pain by her hip, and then darkness. Now, it was confirmed that she was back in this place. Paracelsus' Sword, a panopticon ruled by an Artificial Intelligence termed as Steve.

And for once, she thought she had met peace in those moments in the void...

Granted, at least she was still suited, somehow.

*Blip*
Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel
Hey, Feyri. How are you feeling? I'm sorry I wasn't fast enough to stop that guy. I have a new body now, one that's stronger and faster and tougher than the old one, so I should be able to do better in the future. Don't be too surprised the next time you see me. :P I don't know when that will be, unless you look for me right now. Steve has put me in charge of leading the next mission and choosing my team - he specified only those with the strongest willpower, which is why he put me in charge. I'm going to take Milno with me. Do you have any recommendations?
Feyri smiled as she noted the time of her conscience, and the time the message was sent to her. He was expecting this, then.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly
Hey Jim! I'm...erm, better, seeing as how the logs of the last mission ended. Do you know why I have 8 tokens though? It's...not like I did much. :O

Err, still. I guess you should take those who you believe know each other well, and know the concept of loyalty at heart. Possibly, Faith, Ivan and Milno along with you as it seems I'll be busy...this time.
And now what to do? I can't tinker. I can't create. All designs of weapons or armor just flash back to the modern age of humanity...
So..yeah, I'm glad to see you're leading this one bro! :)

...Did you die? You said you have a new body?

Seeing as there was little to do, Feyri tried to finish her next entry into her logfile, and look around the infirmary for any Doctor who she could converse with. Asking him/her regarding the process of "reanimation", and the brain.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 05:54:26 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 2101