_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 848 849 [850] 851 852 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5729040 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Last one chosen for kickball.
« Reply #12735 on: March 03, 2013, 04:44:17 pm »

Oh dear, this is some kind of nano-crap, isn't it? And that could make me a security risk... but still. At least I should give commanding officers some information regarding the situation.

Find a secluded spot somewhere on the ship. Create a password-protected file on my datapad.
Password: 52NaNoGh0st
Content:
"If you read that after my untimely, permanent demise, and have found a strange flask, do not open it, but do take it along. Through a strange twist of fate, I purchased that flask from the mystery monger on the ship, and opened it during the fight against Ivan. It turned out to contain ... something that appeared to me like a neon cloud, but has not been recorded by Steve. Whatever it was, and I suspect nanotechnology, it contained the personalities of dead HMRC members. Though they have lost some of their memories, such as their names, they were able to identify Ivan as an Altered, and another artifact in my possession. They have explained to me that, should I die due to the destruction of my brain, the flask will reappear, potentially in my skull, and I will be part of the... collective in that flask. Either way, should this happen, please give this file and the flask to the Science team upon your return. While it is possible that others in the flask before me did the same, technology always progresses, and a successful analysis of the flask's content may, in the future, hold the key for improved revival. And if they're storing it again to be sold by the mystery monger, ask them to add a note explaining all this to the flask's container."

Copy that file to my wristpad as well.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12736 on: March 03, 2013, 04:45:13 pm »

Quote from: James Kelly to Milno Endrasi
You, Gorat, Pancaek, Stacy, and Simus. Others might volunteer if given some more time - it depends on who goes on that other exploration mission or whatever it is.

(I know some of these people are going on the other mission, but Jim doesn't know that. Also I honestly can't remember if anyone beyond those five volunteered in-character... :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12737 on: March 03, 2013, 04:45:34 pm »

Lars continued, oblivious to any agitation coming from Vich.

"Why yes, Steve, the god of this vessel!  Bless his holy words of green.  But yes, the HMRC pantheon.  The Armory Master has let me study from a work compiled from countless generations of participants on this voyage.  There are several people I have helped with blessings and such.  I have not met any heretics."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12738 on: March 03, 2013, 04:51:58 pm »

To Simus: "The reason I'd like a second-in-command is because, were something to happen to me, there'd be someone to quickly take charge to make sure things keep running smoothly. So, you want to be SO or not?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12739 on: March 03, 2013, 04:56:44 pm »

SO will do. Now, I've got a lot of work to do if we can't get any VR equipment down there - I'll meet you when we have to go.

Head to the armory and inquire about getting that generator or rifle - whichever broke before the last mission - repaired. Then head to a functional VR machine and spawn in 3 civilian gauss rifles and two civilian gauss pistols. Attempt to take the coils and mechanisms from 2 rifles and put them around the coils of the third rifle, and hook up the generators, capacitors, and timing circuits to match so they all fire in-sync. Test Frakencivvie Rifle on a MkIII suit.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12740 on: March 03, 2013, 04:57:50 pm »

Auron, technician + conventional weapons, can afford Mk II suit, Sir lockerlots replacement.))

if we are allowed to leave after being chosen head to the infirmary and claim dorfs gear as next of kin
(I dont care if you keep the laser rifle, armor plating and tokens, i just want my bat helmet)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 05:48:37 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12741 on: March 03, 2013, 04:59:05 pm »

"No heretics, huh. You're a lucky priest. What do you mean you helped several people with blessings? You can get blessed without becoming a part of a religion? How does that work. And is there anything else to the religion besides blessings? Like rituals, sacrifices, players, and so on? And might I see that book? I'd like to look into it. I assume you've scanned it, right? So we don't have to lug a heavy tome around."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12742 on: March 03, 2013, 05:17:44 pm »

((I wish I had the Bolo series of books.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12743 on: March 03, 2013, 05:23:47 pm »

Open each door in turn and examine what lies beyond them. Don't enter, though.
Think about the whole premise of this training and what the finishing conditions could be. Dismiss the possibility of suicide or any other death-related ideas as unlikely, risky and overall foolish.
So... We have to through this maze. It seems likely that going through other 'wrong' doors would result in punishment similar or likely worse than one I have just brought upon us. The question is, is there only one 'right' door (or, well, more likely series of such, each branching new doors like that one from before), or do we have to visit several of them on our way, and take or do something so that the way out of here is opened?
Or perhaps the whole point of it is to make us understand the meaning of it? We can surely rule out practical jokes, at least; I believe in our hostess not playing useless games with us.
What do you think, Lyra?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12744 on: March 03, 2013, 05:24:07 pm »

stand still and look at the doors for five seconds, then look at Maurice for one second, then look at the doors again.
"made notepad, pen, doors result?"
gently shake my head horizontally eight times while continuing to observe the doors.
continue holding Maurice's hand, follow as he moves and look in doors as they are opened. do not enter unless he does.

((Lyra can't see her own rolls after all. and this is the first time she's rolled too low for making things to not work. in her mind it is established that she will always make whatever she is trying to make.))
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 05:36:17 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12745 on: March 03, 2013, 05:25:23 pm »

You think they are not what they appear to be?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12746 on: March 03, 2013, 05:28:28 pm »

You think they are not what they appear to be?
Shake my head horizontally twice.
"why?"

((my last post was made before reading yours.))

EDIT: not double-posting

!!!
tap maurice's hand with my right hand's index finger five times while saying:
"here, neutral. Armory, watching, makes doors. showing? maze? teaching?"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 05:42:26 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12747 on: March 03, 2013, 05:41:43 pm »

If we can now leave the room go to the armory master and do the following. Else ignore this post.
Flint approached the armory master's kiosk. "Howdy ma'am." He made a motion as if to raise his hat as a sign of respect, but then he remembered that he was wearing no hat. "Looking good today." Should I get a hat? What would I do with a hat in space? "I'd like to ask some questions about the equipment I found on the field."

"First of all, here's a monoatomic razor and a gauss rifle, completely unused. I believe these are worth 4 tokens."
Return the gauss rifle and one of the monorazor for 4 tokens.

"Then I would like to know if I would get anything for returning these civilian weaponry."
Show the armory master the 3 gauss pistols and the civilian gauss rifle. Ask her if I can get anything for returning them.

"After that I'd like to know some more about this mining laser. Can you refill it? Could I charge its battery, however slowly with electricity? For example if I took the generators of those gauss pistols and hooked them up to the power supply, would it charge?"
Bring her the Mining laser. Ask her if she can recharge it and if I could use gauss generators to slowly recharge it over the course of a few days. Ask her if she knows anything about changing the settings or general info about maintaining and repairing it.

"I've also got this mining exosuit along with the laser. Could you give it a check up, make sure it's okay and maybe explain a bit to me what it can do beyond being strong and tough?"
Show her the mining exosuit, ask her to give it a check up, ask her if she knows anything about changing the settings or general info about maintaining and repairing it.

"And finally, I'd like to buy a MK2."
Give her 5 tokens and buy a MK2.

He made a motion to leave but then he thought about something else. He leaned closer to the kiosk, so that others wouldn't hear and asked her: "Can I talk to you about a... sensitive subject?"

((Flint: MK2, Mining exosuit, Mining laser, Conventional weapon skills, some Speech skills, balanced build, 1 mission, at least 5 tokens to spare so I'll probably buy some other things too, can do auxiliary rolls, and here's my character sheet (look at the end of the post by piecewise).))
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 05:54:44 pm by Parisbre56 »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12748 on: March 03, 2013, 05:49:21 pm »

(( Ah, sure. Still, good RPing material, I think :) ))
Shake my head horizontally twice.
"why?"
It seemed as though you didn't trust the doors and wanted me not to open them.
Sometimes-
things are much, much more than they appear to an outside observer. Maurice wanted to say, yet stopped at the last moment.
She'd possibly consider me crazy, and that is unhealthy for the situation we are currently in. I should be glad Brother Lars understood me.
Let's just be cautious, all right? You can never be sure with strange alien things we encounter here in 'Corps daily, and even less - with fickle illusions of our minds.

tap maurice's hand with my right hand's index finger five times while saying:
"here, neutral. Armory, watching, makes doors. showing? maze? teaching?"

Armory Master watching us? Certainly. Well, that, or there is a really sophisticated algorithm of some kind keeping this place running (which could be blamed for that wall and the writing).
So you think it was her who willed made these doors reappear? It may be possible, but also it could be this place changing around us, reacting to our presence. It would certainly make sense to make a self-building maze instead of creating it all at once, fixed and unchanging, vulnerable to exploits or 'structural damage' we are somewhat capable of.
Basically, a creature with the abilities of procreation and regeneration is better than a rigid one-of-a-kind mechanical automaton. That's what I think, at least.

Uhhh. I might have made a mistake. Let's see if I can fix it.

Fear not, though; so far, she - and this maze - seem content to keep us inside, and not kill. Killing us appears not to be the point of this exercise; wandering along the path does, though, and the doors reappeared.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:10:04 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12749 on: March 03, 2013, 05:49:25 pm »

"The gods of the HMRC are willing to provide for any who invoke their aid.  Ask Feyri, if you see her.  I have not completed my studies and training, but each god has a symbol and a proper method of invocation.  I leave the book on ship for safekeeping, but I do have notes on many of the parts."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 848 849 [850] 851 852 ... 2101