_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 858 859 [860] 861 862 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733115 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #12885 on: March 05, 2013, 11:47:46 am »

((I presume they are meant to offer a single-word description most befitting your abilities and position in the HMRC roster.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12886 on: March 05, 2013, 12:00:51 pm »

((It was Pilot or Bullet-Catcher.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12887 on: March 05, 2013, 12:08:45 pm »

(( I bet the Flying Bunker is oen of the vehicles.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12888 on: March 05, 2013, 12:39:06 pm »

((There is a rocket bunker.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12889 on: March 05, 2013, 12:39:45 pm »

((Yeah that thing.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12890 on: March 05, 2013, 12:41:06 pm »

((Nah. It's more a one way ride, meant to punch into other bunkers and deliver a team of asskickers safe and sound to the enemy.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12891 on: March 05, 2013, 12:43:09 pm »

((Hover bikes sound cool though.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12892 on: March 05, 2013, 12:44:31 pm »

((Less bike, and more G-mod style rocket chair.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12893 on: March 05, 2013, 01:05:23 pm »

((One day I will design some sort of tank. SOME DAY I TELL YOU!!!))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12894 on: March 05, 2013, 01:10:21 pm »

((I actually have a very good idea about a modular APC\Tank but a) I haven't had the chance to tinker yet and b)I don't know if piecewise is ever going to put us in a position where an armed APC is necessary. (The current mission is not an example because a)we're not expecting hostilities and b)all vehicles necessary for the mission are already given to us for free.) ))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12895 on: March 05, 2013, 01:12:16 pm »

((Why not design a Mammoth tank but with gauss cannons? Or a 'Avatar Killer' if such a thing can be designed.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12896 on: March 05, 2013, 01:19:10 pm »

((Because we're usually fighting in cramped corridors or empty fields against medium sized enemies, not in the battle of Hexbarax. Plus, it would cost a lot of tokens. And an Avatar of War is a Mammoth Tank MK.II (Tiberian Sun anyone?) on two legs.))
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:20:49 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12897 on: March 05, 2013, 01:24:58 pm »

((i might make my own version of the exoskeleton. not sure what it would have just now though. I wonder what a ground vehicle that could be used in most missions called the 'Avatar Killer' would actually look like..))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12898 on: March 05, 2013, 01:42:36 pm »

(( 'Sword armament Gauss Cannon on wheels, perhaps? EDIT:Ah, misread that as 'couldn't be used in most missions'.
Also, I think maybe we should cooperate in making the transport vehicle thing. I tried tinkering one with my previous character, and a few new ideas have to come to my mind since then; yet making something cost-effective and unquestionably useful in that field seems rather difficult, but I believe that cooperated effort could create something worth of entering the armory list. Plus I think that if a single tinkerer has material allowance of about ten to fifteen tokens for a prototype, several of them could probably petition for a much more expensive toy to be funded - one that would benefit the whole team, of course, not a single user, but still.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12899 on: March 05, 2013, 02:01:27 pm »

((Piecewise I think I love you.))
"Anything really, I just want to be able to talk and fit through doors and be an unstoppable death machine of course."
The Final Frontier.

"Mechanical means you'd need to talk to Lukas. Biological means you need to look over there." He says, pointing behind you.

"Well, I was thinking something more like a pill, or tablet I could take so my arms won't shake."
She hands you a pack of cigarettes marked "Mellows"

"That might work.

"Ooooookay. That was interesting. Hey Steve? What sort of surveying equipment will we have? And dude, chill. Let the Father believe what he wants. It's not hurting you is it?"

>Automapping drones. Similar to cameyes, but more automatic.

Lars looks at Vich, then shakes his head pityingly.  "You are new here, but I am sure you will soon get a chance to see his glory."  He turns away and focuses on his wristpad again.

Message back to AM:

I thank you. I will do that when I come to pick up supplies for this mission.  I will also take you up on your offer of gun repair, and I will be getting a Mk II suit.

"Anything really, I just want to be able to talk and fit through doors and be an unstoppable death machine of course."

((Pandora's Box))
Fine. Just have the tokens.

Gorat shakes his head.

"Whoa, did I just snarl at you? Sorry, please do change the channel. I think it's a bad influence on me."

Did one of you do that? If so, just go digging through my memories of May and Faith. Okay, maybe don't dig too deep about May.

Apologize. And scold, if necessary.

Not our fault you've been alone so long.

Come on sailor, get some shore leave.

I'd help you out if I weren't just a figment of your imagination.

"sorry about that. Disembodied breasts. You know."

>Try looking for an option on the exoskeleton such as, say, a mode for enhancing movements by amplifying the movement impulses fed to the exoskeleton. An "exaggerated movement mode", if you will. If one is found, gauge its usefulness for running. Assess other drawbacks.

>Also, see about adding an extendability option for the shin, also telescopic. Give it the ability to function with three dials - one for each leg and a larger master dial - that need to be activated from within the suit.

>Assess costs for whole thing - individually for just the leg exoskeleton, the leg exoskeleton plus diamond-tipped claws, the leg exoskeleton plus diamond-tipped claws and extendable legs.

Exaggerated movements mode will result more in a sort of hard stomping, half jump half running mode.  But yes, you will go faster.

Telescoping works but it inherently weakens the internal structure of the legs, so keep that in mind. Having them fully extended and attempting anything too strenuous on them may result in bends or breakages.

Price would be: cost of an exoskeleton divided in half, add 3 for more power, add 2 for mechanical feet, add another 2 for telescoping leg jigs.

"Never knew I could sing..."
Jack shakes his head "Anyway, what is everyone's opinion on doing this mission.."

ask question then have a maintanince check of all gear.
Your gear is all fine and dandy and not totally broken and or sabotaged in such a way that it will kill you at the second you need it most. Nope. Everything is fine.

"Whoa, did I just snarl at you? Sorry, please do change the channel. I think it's a bad influence on me."

"Don't worry about it, I find the breast jiggling has some kind of effect on our more primitive brain functions. They really know how to captivate an audience, I think it's the camera angles-" "Nah, it's subliminal messages" "-or Subliminal messages, as the voice in my he- *cough* as I think. Still, I think six hours is enough of this"

Change the channel to the news channel
You change it to the first news channel you can find. The anchor woman reports a disturbing rise in the number of spontaneous musical numbers occurring in the other rim. They blame something called "Webber Syndrome"

((Predatorial rocks. Fear them for their inimical strains of xeno lifeforms! Microbes top the food chain!

That really got me XD))

Quote from: Feyri's notes
> A steel weapon generates sparks when hit enough against another material of supposedly metallic composition - generally, copper.
> Dents and fractures do not begin at the point of fracture, the tip, but at the weakest point in the sword. The foible.
> Any blocking material such as a shield does no good against static targets; targets which do not move, unless the target is apparently made of static electricity, or has some sort of radioactive characteristic...Or exudes something not seen. Then in that case, I've blocked 73% of their probable damage.

Granted, I should've checked if there was any living matter in the area...

Feyri exited the VR and, after quick greeting with Jim, moved towards the Armory, inquiring from the Armory Master if her shield could be replaced by something of equal or better value which also works as a shield.

Ask whether the conventional stun grenades presented in the armory are effective against most alien species which is known to be malevolent towards human life - in general.

And then ask whether an MK suit could be made insulated against electricity, or upgraded with a device which clears the body inside it from microbes which aren't native to the body (ie: obviously viral pathogens), and its cost.

"Equal or better value that works as a shield? Are you asking me to recommend something large and expensive that could be used as a shield but technically isn't one? I guess your boyfriend counts."

"Depends if they have eyes and ears. I'd say they'd be effective on anything that is alive in our common sense of the word. Just don't expect a flash bang to annoy ambulatory fungi or beings made of pure methane or something."

"Insulated against electricity, sure. A device that clears body of microbes that aren't native to it? Well, lots of microbes in the body aren't native to it; e-coli in the intestines and all, but I assume you mean hazardous ones. Well, the MK II will pump you with anti-virals and antibacterials, but we don't have anything thats 100%."

Go to armory master. Ask for pizza ingredients.

Head to kitchen and make pizza.

"Bacon pancakes, Making bacon pancakes, take some bacon and I'll put it in a pancake, bacon pancakes, thats what it's gonna make, BACON PANCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKES!  I mean pizza. Pizza."

"What kind of pizza? I can just give you one of these frozen pizzas, or stuff to make a pizza, or stuff to make a pizza from scratch, which takes a fair bit longer."

((Cog: I've said I didn't have time to polish it. No need to berate me. Give me a couple weeks to develop a habit.))

"I was the one screaming. Sorry. And I'm not going to hurt anybody. The man said that Steve is a god because he can fly through space and has absolute control over us. Which is pretty much every single HMRC ship as far as I know, not to mention that every single spaceship wetware can navigate through space, and can probably figure out how to use the shock implants. I think you can figure out yourself how ridiculous it is, and I have a bad tendency to get really loud during arguments."

To Lars: "Umm... Nevermind" Vich heavily signed and turned away from Lars. He wouldn't get anywhere screaming. At least not screaming about this.

Vich noticed how Mesk sliced his arm, and would have probably typed something here, but responding and roleplaying every crazy character interaction that is common in HMRC but is crazy and strange for him would take a very long time to type. Let's just leave it at that.

Send message to AM:
Hello. Is it possible to buy Sub-Skeleton Model A "Hope" for 3 tokens? Schematics included here: Just go to Nik's sig. This link is broken.

Also, does the Armory have any bicycles for sale? If yes, what models do you have and how much do they cost?

((Hah! I figured out how to do stuff while locked down.

Toaster: The link was meant to be broken. It was meant to symbolize me putting a file on my wristpad, and I absentmindedly used a link as that representation. Didn't think of using it as an actual link. I suppose I could put an actual link in there... Gah. Made it more obvious.))

If you can pay for it you can get it. And as per bikes we don't have one in stock, but I can get the parts for you to make one with. Not a lot of demand for them, as you can imagine.

"Okay, good enough for a first take." Anton thinks out loud as usual, testing the program's behavior on nearby tables, chairs, and teammates. "Now let's expand it, hm?"

Save a backup of the optical tracker program, and start expanding it. In addition to tracking a selected target, make it track the entire image, measuring relative distances to observed objects through parallax shift detection. With a single feed, this obviously only works while the camera is moving, and likely does nothing to gauge actual distance, but helps with detecting approaching obstacles.
((Intended use: Scout Eye and drone software for collision avoidance))

((@Radio_Controlled: Well, asking Faith to enlist could be worth a shot. Even without her mutant band-aid powers, she's still technically a medic.))

[aux:2]
You forget how your fingers work.
Quote from: To Armory Master
Yeah, I'm getting a magazine for it. Mine's almost dry.
Milno just sends the short message and stays on the sofa, waiting for the next time he has to enter action. Without much to do, his mind wanders back to the time he was still bound to the dirt and soil of his homeland. But it is also awfully boring - the life of a farming community seems less interesting the more he recalls about it.

He can't help but wonder if his uncle has also been captured and is now in the HMRC. Maybe in this same ship, and he may have already been freed from stasis before Milno was and died before it was his nephew's tim. Alternatively, he may have done it past the ten missions, you never know.

Send message, check VR for the past missions (generic way of being allowed to use knowledge from other missions without meta).

((@Long Mission: And now that Faith lost her body, no one will feel needy and try to grope her.))
You use the VR machine to make your meta knowledge in character. Only one of it's many capabilities.
my action was completely misread...

borrow an item from Maurice (he already gave me permission for this) that i can hold in one hand and preferably is not a weapon, clone it, give him back the item, then go open the two doors not containing Feyri, open them and look for differences from when Maurice opened them, do not go through, then return to maurice, and toss the cloned item to Feyri

i need to make sure i dont split my actions up into two different posts i guess.
[will:4]
You summon a slightly wonky version of his trademark knife and look in the two doors that are not feyri's. Nothing changes. Huh. You go to Feyri's door and huck the knife in to her. It hits the ground without a sound and then the door slams shut.
Send message to AM:

Hey there, Miyamoto here. I was wondering if you would be capable to convert cameyes into wearable goggles. If you could, would I be able to use them from inside my battlesuit, and would it cost extra? Finally, how much would it cost to have them built into the suit itself?
Yes, you can. But wearing them in the suit is a bit silly isn't it? I mean you'll be getting thermal images of your monitors, not the world outside. Doesn't work like that. However getting them integrated in the battlesuit is possible. Cost is the same as a normal cam eye. I'll install for free.

(( Oh. Bruce vs. Lucas fight is scheduled for this week, I take it?
Hopefully not. The more robotic overlords we have, the better! :) ))

You mean... the ability to forget? Or the closely related to it ability to adapt and focus on the problems at hand and not past worries?

Keep talking.

Or, perhaps, imagination? But how would it be a curse?
You talk to the door. It doesn't talk  back. How rude.
Hey, RadioControlled, the deadline is tomorrow night for you, right? That means that people have a day and a half to register? Just asking so people won't get confused by time zones.

((This is correct, so that would be about 24 hours from when I made that post. I really don't want to drag this out for everybody, so I'll wait 1 more day tops for any medics to show up.

By the way, in case we do get a medic somehow, that'll mean we'll need to replace someone. Anyone on this current roster that wouldn't mind getting switched out, in case the situation presents itself?))
Well i havent been on a mission yet so i can still swap my technician out for a fleshtech if you want, just inform piecewise that you want me to be a medic and ill be one, this is however the last time im changing my sheet as i dont want to irritate him by constaswitching

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)

New toastersheet: Auron Kell, medic, will buy medikit, scout eye and painkillers (or just a mk ii if we can get free medical supplies)

sit around waiting for the briefing to end so i can grab my bat helmet, miraculously become a fleshtech if required.
Also ask steve if any medical supplies will be on hand in the exploratory base, not equipment just supplies.

>Various first aid things, drugs, bandages, liquidstitches, things like that.

((PW, did you get this?))

Level Up

Dex + 5
Con + 3

Wait untill briefing begins

Sure did, sir Robotman.

Pages: 1 ... 858 859 [860] 861 862 ... 2101