_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732372 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #12930 on: March 05, 2013, 05:18:08 pm »

((How would we drive Piecewise mad? He could just say no, because it is an expensive piece of machinery.))

((An expensive piece of machinery that gets wrecked and replaced almost regularly.

If I can't do it on the ship, I will do my damndest to do it however I can.))
((The VRs are simply terminals, if I remember correctly. The mainframe is somewhere deeper on the ship. And is probably a bit too big to be carried by a shuttle.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12931 on: March 05, 2013, 05:20:20 pm »

((How would we drive Piecewise mad? He could just say no, because it is an expensive piece of machinery.))

((An expensive piece of machinery that gets wrecked and replaced almost regularly.

If I can't do it on the ship, I will do my damndest to do it however I can.))
((The VRs are simply terminals, if I remember correctly. The mainframe is somewhere deeper on the ship. And is probably a bit too big to be carried by a shuttle.))

((If I recall correctly, they're independent things.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12932 on: March 05, 2013, 05:33:21 pm »

((Ladies aaaaand Gentlemen, at long last, I present you our heroic expeditionary force.
Sorry for taking so long.
NOTE TO PW: please change Pariah's character Auron according to this new char list please:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Long mission team (click to show/hide)
))

"Steve, I have chosen the team for the mission. I will be taking Simus, Flint, Lars, Mesk, Denzel, Jack, Vich, Morul, Anton, Auron, Zephyris, Michael, Lukas and Bishop with me."

Then, sending this message to all the potential explorers:
You have been chosen for the next mission, which is to explore a wandering planetoid with anomalous behavior. This is going to take at least up to a year. We will be completely autonomous, but also cut off from support or rescue. So if you accept, report to Steve after buying anything you still might need from the armory."

Yes, you can. But wearing them in the suit is a bit silly isn't it? I mean you'll be getting thermal images of your monitors, not the world outside. Doesn't work like that. However getting them integrated in the battlesuit is possible. Cost is the same as a normal cam eye. I'll install for free.

Finally, Send following to AM:

Thanks for the info. Before you install them though, I'd just like to know if they'd be resistant against the suit's electrical and claymore defense systems, and how exactly you're going to install them. I mean, Jim once get his blown of of his head, So I was wondering how well protected and spread out they would be.

Oh, and by the way, remember you recommended me the mobility battlesuit's flight capabilities? I must say, you were completely right. That things doesn't fly, it soars through the sky.
Hell, I could catch people in orbit with them, you should watch the logs on that someday. Quite a... thrilling experience indeed.
Anyways, I remember seeing 'Overdrive' mode in the suit's listing; care to tell me what that does, exactly?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:53:31 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12933 on: March 05, 2013, 05:56:16 pm »

((Sorry for the long post but I'll only have access to the Internet from my phone (if I'm lucky and I get some Wi-Fi signal) for the next 18 hours or more, so I'd like to get all those things out there while I still have time. If you find it too much, simply do as many of them as you want and the rest will be done later.))

If we can now leave the room go to the armory master and do the following. Else ignore this post.
Flint approached the armory master's kiosk. "Howdy ma'am." He made a motion as if to raise his hat as a sign of respect, but then he remembered that he was wearing no hat. "Looking good today." Should I get a hat? What would I do with a hat in space? "I'd like to ask some questions about the equipment I found on the field and buy some supplies for the year long mission."

"First of all, here's a monoatomic razor and a gauss rifle, completely unused. I believe these are worth 4 tokens."
Return the gauss rifle and one of the monorazor for 4 tokens.

"Then I would like to know if I would get anything for returning these civilian weaponry."
Show the armory master the 3 gauss pistols and the civilian gauss rifle. Ask her if I can get anything for returning them.

"After that I'd like to know some more about this mining laser. Can you refill it? Could I charge its battery, however slowly with electricity? For example if I took the generators of those gauss pistols and hooked them up to the power supply through some capacitors and transformers, would it charge? I don't care how long it takes since we'll be stuck on mission for a year and the only use I'll have for this mining laser will be cutting of pieces of rock."
Bring her the Mining laser. Ask her if she can recharge it and if I could use gauss generators to slowly recharge it over the course of a few days. Ask her if she knows anything about changing the settings or general info about maintaining and repairing it.

"I've also got this mining exosuit along with the laser. Could you give it a check up, make sure it's okay and maybe explain a bit to me what it can do beyond being strong and tough?"
Show her the mining exosuit, ask her to give it a check up, ask her if she knows anything about changing the settings or general info about maintaining and repairing it.

"Then I would like to know if it is possible to attach those rocket pods made for long jumps to my exosuit, how much would it cost and if they would be cheaper if I bought them without fuel and refueled them at the base."
Ask the above.

"And finally, I'd like to buy a MK2. And a slingshot, or if you don't have one available, just something elastic and a piece of metal like a tuning fork so I can make one. I plan to throw pebbles in front of me so that I can tell where gravity seeps are."
Give her 5 tokens and buy a MK2. Request a slingshot or slingshot producing equipment for free.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:00:18 pm by Parisbre56 »

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12934 on: March 05, 2013, 06:38:46 pm »

Zephyris nods at Miyamoto before heading to the armory.

"Hey, I think I'll keep this weapon for now. Do you have datapads to take notes though? Do they cost something?"

Go to armory, request a datapad, then report to Steve being ready and all.
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12935 on: March 05, 2013, 07:20:19 pm »

Brother Lars bows deep and long.  "I am honored that you have chosen me, Leader Miyamoto.  I shall serve you as the chosen Champion of Steve.  I shall depart at once to get prepared."  He turned and headed for the armory.

Head to Armory and buy MkII suit and get rifle repaired.  Take digital pictures of every page of the HMRC Pantheon- even the blanked out ones.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12936 on: March 05, 2013, 07:21:14 pm »

((Yay! Freedom!))

1).
Go to the kitchen and grab two frying pans and a dozen apples (if available).
Get a bottle of xeno Spit from AM. Actually, why not get about a dozen different varieties from AM? Do that.
Get every single, or if there are too many a dozen different variety of smokes (in packets, not individually).
Get Maldavian Rot from AM.
Get (if free) 20 empty syringes from AM.
Get 3 liters of paint (0.75 liters of black, yellow, blue, and red).
Get a couple empty bottles.
Get 3 litres of water
Pack myself a lunch from ingredients in the kitchen.

2). Ask Armory Master: "As I understand, it is possible to link the video feeds between suits. Could you show me how to do it? Is it also possible to link the feeds between the suits and other devices, like tablets?"
Get 15 tablets (or less, if she tells me she won't give me that many).

3). Ask the Infirmary for when the glasses should be taken off. Explain that I am going to be stuck on a different world for about a year, and I'd like to know what if I should in any way take care of them, and when I should take them off.

4).   Buy the Sub-Skeleton "Hope" Model that costs 3 tokens and increases my Str and End by 5.

5).   Get my ass to the VR Machines ones again, and look at what varieties and designs of bicycles are in use and listed there. Since they don't seem to be popular, make a quick schematic of what I am looking for:

6).   Run some tests (always rolling 4):

((Next turn, finally settling on the choice of weapon and finalizing my character sheet. (probably)))
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:01:21 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12937 on: March 05, 2013, 07:24:18 pm »

You want us to change places? Hmmm... Me reopening the doors? Unlikely. Me throwing an item of yours there? Unlikely as well.
Just change places physically? Ah, you mean, you want to try becoming the focus of the door contents attention, be it 'Feyri' or something else? Sure, if that is what you wish.

Tilt my head towards the right for three seconds, while looking off to the right. Then look back at Maurice, shrug, and nod twice.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12938 on: March 05, 2013, 07:28:56 pm »

"Guess I don't need to climb through the vents now. Oh well. Maybe later."

Head to the Armory.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12939 on: March 05, 2013, 07:31:41 pm »

If the doors are now open:

Head to the armory and inquire about getting that generator or rifle - whichever broke before the last mission - repaired, cost-wise. Then head to a functional VR machine and spawn in 3 civilian gauss rifles and two civilian gauss pistols. Attempt to take the coils and mechanisms from 2 rifles and put them around the coils of the third rifle, and hook up the generators, capacitors, and timing circuits to match so they all fire in-sync. Test Frankencivvie Rifle on a MkIII suit.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12940 on: March 05, 2013, 07:38:55 pm »

Head to the armory and pick up a datapad.

"You guys know how Steve mentioned gravity seeps? I think we should try to figure out a way to detect them without running into them, aside from just tossing rocks and seeing if they get crushed."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12941 on: March 05, 2013, 07:56:13 pm »

((Very late, but the Pilot/etc designations are indeed just vague attempts to classify people at a glance. In particular, I'm not actually familiar with most peoples' current gear or typical action styles or anything, so for the most part it's just classified by highest skill.))

Go find Doctor. Ask him the following, or if he can't be found, message him the following:

-How much would it cost to regrow my body?
-What are the major differences between synthflesh and augmented organic flesh?

If talking to Doctor, ask about more resilient or regenerating synthflesh vs organic flesh, and ask about ways to avoid the innate vulnerability of having one all-important brain.

If messaging Doctor, get into VR, spawn self in synthflesh body, and examine more mundane aspects of it, like what your senses are like, whether you get tired, and other everyday trivia. The kinds of things a civilian would want to know about.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12942 on: March 05, 2013, 08:11:37 pm »

Head to the armory and pick up a datapad.

"You guys know how Steve mentioned gravity seeps? I think we should try to figure out a way to detect them without running into them, aside from just tossing rocks and seeing if they get crushed."
((We could play Frisbee. That would be a lot of fun.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12943 on: March 05, 2013, 08:17:19 pm »

Bloody hell the name change always throws me off!! XC

Go talk to AM.
How have things been going while I was in a coma?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12944 on: March 05, 2013, 10:34:42 pm »

"Alright then. Just give me a bit and I'll be ready to go.

Steve, what sort of machinery are we going to have on hand and do I get a free set of tools to maintain them with?"

Ask Steve, then check over my gear and suit to see if it looks alright and then go to the armory and pick up a data pad and connecting cables for it to link it into the computers we're taking. Make sure to thank the Armory Master for recommending the MKIII suit.
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 2101