_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 862 863 [864] 865 866 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732605 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #12945 on: March 05, 2013, 11:51:40 pm »

Insolent appendages! How dare you defy me!
Anton stretches his hands, and closes his eyes for a moment, gathering his thoughts. Inhaling deeply, pausing for a moment, and then exhaling, he opens his eyes.
"Okay, once more unto the breach."

Repeat programming attempt.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12946 on: March 06, 2013, 01:17:18 am »

"I am ready."

Be ready to be poded when told to.

"Fuck yeah, finally free. Later bitches, to the pods I go."

You go get yourself superpodded

"That's kinda strange, you mean to tell me people just start dancing for no reason?" "it's probably a government experiment" "I agree, I bet they poisoned the water supplies or something, but enough of that, time for something more entertaining" "finally" "You okay with a magic program, bud? Or would you like something else?"

Grab some snacks from rec room, eat snacks,flip channel to a magic program. If snarling friend would like something else, put that on instead.
You grab some food from the Mess side of the room and eat some gooey sugary purple stuff while watching a program on tv about magic.

Seems to be some sort of show about mages who don't understand magic fucking about in a temple of some kind.

"Those guys in the basement are kinda fucked. They're just gonna keep agro'ing more shit if they run in like that. Still, it's pretty funny."

((One Small Step For Man...))
"Biological then, and I know your going to drug me so don't distract me."
Wait for drugs, if no drugs, turn around.

The Doctor stares at you for a long, hard second.

"Well aren't we cheeky." He says, knocking you out with a swift blow to the forehead. 

>Okay, so without the more power thing, would that be 8 or 9 tokens? And with more power, what would the mechanical implications be, considering that I have no arms on the exoskeleton?

>Try standing on one leg, talons extended, then extending the leg itself to maximum length (about 15 feet). See how well the single leg holds up. If it doesn't hold , reinforce it with more steel bits at key spots.

>8 I suppose. Game mechanics wise it would probably give pluses to running or jumping (or just ignore the roll entirely) and anything you would get a plus for with the exoskeleton if you're doing it with your legs.

>15 feet!? Telescoping means it is gonna need to be pretty much hollow to allow it to move out and in. For a 15 foot thing...that thing is gonna snap like a twig! That or be very fat and heavy.

((naturally i try for anything but a weapon, and the item cloned is the knife...))

stare at the self-closing door for one second, then look around and plan a retreat path before getting to the side of the door and re-opening the door.

be ready to dodge thrown knives

((my guess: feyri will still be there, the knife will be gone, and she'll have never noticed the knife-throw at all. she'll probably say something cryptic again.))

if knife is gone, feyri is there, and feyri is still making incoherent statements or not saying anything (and not attacking), then say: "Objective?" to her.

You open the door. The room is empty now. You have no plan for this.

"All right. Any atmosphere on the AP? Oh, and do you have any geological gear on there? Might be good to take a look under the hood down there."

>What do you want, A tunnel bore? You've got literally hundreds of miles of surface to cover. You don't really need to go digging.

As per atmosphere, that may vary per area. Don't take anything for granted there; some places may be perfectly habitable, others may be barely above absolute zero. They're called "Anomalous" for a reason.

Lars perked up at what Morul said. "O Great Steve, what about explosives, as well?"

>Not really. Doubt you'll need them with Miyamoto and The Doctor's Assistant around though.

It's not like there's all that much choice. Of the women I've met and learned their names, Feyri is taken, May is... taken as well, and crazy, Simus might be either taken or uninterested entirely (and I think she might be in a robot body now) and Faith... well... I could make excuses... like she keeps hurting me... but also patches me up... well, I'll keep looking.

Go look up cute kitten photos on the internet to distract me. Don't snarl at anyone.

You go out and find 10 to the 15th cute kitten pictures. You enter a cuteness induced coma.

"I'd like some standard pizza making stuffs. And a chef outfit. And an AK47, if you can make one."

Request.
"Take the pizza stuff and don't make me build an AK47 just to shoot you." She says, sliding the Pizza stuff out to you.

wait for briefing to end, buy mk II suit and grab the bat helmet from the infirmary then get podded or whatever.
You go get the helmet but you already bought a pulse laser so you don't have the cash for a Mk II

So, imagination? And how different is that from what I tried earlier?
Well, I guess I could put a bit more story into it... Nice visual details... Or was she talking about something else? What do you think?
Pity the door closed that abruptly. Well, it's not like we knew it'd happen so.

((I think I could now try willing-into-existence a more descriptive escape attempt, but somehow I doubt that the previous one failed just because I didn't work out enough details. What else could be done in the vein of 'putting faces in the clouds'? ))

I wonder, should we now try to get to a more heavily doored area, like the original path? Or perhaps there is a whole new level of things out here somewhere, waiting to be discovered?..
No, it is no mere training ground, or mental sort of obstacle course; it must be something entirely different. What is it?
Stand aside as the door is opened. Follow Lyra to wherever she wants me to stand.
Calm down and think about 'Feyri''s words, and their meaning in the context of this mindfuck-resisting course. Also think about what went wrong with the previous escape attempt.

(( Wise words that I heard once now come to my mind: a truly good teacher won't tell you what you expect him to; the purpose of a true teacher is to give you that which is completely new, alien to your effective and potential knowledge and thus broaden your mind to levels otherwise unattainable. ))

You think about what Feyri said. Imagination doesn't seem quite right...There's a lesson in here, something about how to overcome these sorts of things. In order to escape, you need to figure out what you're doing wrong...what lesson is trying to teach you.

((Holly molly this took a long time to write. Here, enjoy the treatise on my favorite form of transportation. And I honestly don't understand why bicycles are so underused in the Sci-Fi genre. I mean, they could be used to navigate around the ship, if nothing else.))

Message to AM
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((By the way, Piecewise, what's your opinion on my musings regarding the diplomacy in this game. This post and my post just above that one.))

Geez man, didn't know you had such a big bike fetish. I'll make sure yours has a special seat so it can share the love. 

The reason I allow speech actions like I do is many because speech rolls always really bug me in RPG's, since they restrict character development based on a number. And while I understand the necessity in a computer RPG, the fact that we're not restricted by such things here makes me more inclined to allow characters to express what they want to express. It's not like their own words are foolproof  anyways. Besides, speech rolls are relatively rare so it's not a balance problem so far. Maybe if they begin to get more common I'll use the points system more often, but as it is, I prefer to put story and characters over stats.

Message to the AM:

Steve gave strict orders to not give you so much as a graphic calculator. You have a problem, the first step is admitting it.

Also, You can get the pods themselves, without the machinery they attach to, for like 4 token a pair.
((Ladies aaaaand Gentlemen, at long last, I present you our heroic expeditionary force.
Sorry for taking so long.
NOTE TO PW: please change Pariah's character Auron according to this new char list please:

Spoiler: Long mission team (click to show/hide)
))

"Steve, I have chosen the team for the mission. I will be taking Simus, Flint, Lars, Mesk, Denzel, Jack, Vich, Morul, Anton, Auron, Zephyris, Michael, Lukas and Bishop with me."

Then, sending this message to all the potential explorers:
You have been chosen for the next mission, which is to explore a wandering planetoid with anomalous behavior. This is going to take at least up to a year. We will be completely autonomous, but also cut off from support or rescue. So if you accept, report to Steve after buying anything you still might need from the armory."

Yes, you can. But wearing them in the suit is a bit silly isn't it? I mean you'll be getting thermal images of your monitors, not the world outside. Doesn't work like that. However getting them integrated in the battlesuit is possible. Cost is the same as a normal cam eye. I'll install for free.

Finally, Send following to AM:

Thanks for the info. Before you install them though, I'd just like to know if they'd be resistant against the suit's electrical and claymore defense systems, and how exactly you're going to install them. I mean, Jim once get his blown of of his head, So I was wondering how well protected and spread out they would be.

Oh, and by the way, remember you recommended me the mobility battlesuit's flight capabilities? I must say, you were completely right. That things doesn't fly, it soars through the sky.
Hell, I could catch people in orbit with them, you should watch the logs on that someday. Quite a... thrilling experience indeed.
Anyways, I remember seeing 'Overdrive' mode in the suit's listing; care to tell me what that does, exactly?

It will be installed so that it won't be damaged by the suit's systems and it will be installed in place of your normal camera, which is in the center of battlesuit's chest, in a small hole,with a very resistant clear, semi-metallic cover.

Overdrive is simply making the suit stronger and faster at the expense of possible damage. Normally the suit has built in inhibitors to prevent damage if it goes outside safety guidelines. They'll just stop the system from exerting it's full capacities. Overdrive removes the inhibitors. It's useful in a pinch but before those inhibitors were in place people were tearing off the suit's arms trying to lift things that were just plain beyond their ability. Be careful with it.

((Sorry for the long post but I'll only have access to the Internet from my phone (if I'm lucky and I get some Wi-Fi signal) for the next 18 hours or more, so I'd like to get all those things out there while I still have time. If you find it too much, simply do as many of them as you want and the rest will be done later.))

If we can now leave the room go to the armory master and do the following. Else ignore this post.
Flint approached the armory master's kiosk. "Howdy ma'am." He made a motion as if to raise his hat as a sign of respect, but then he remembered that he was wearing no hat. "Looking good today." Should I get a hat? What would I do with a hat in space? "I'd like to ask some questions about the equipment I found on the field and buy some supplies for the year long mission."

"First of all, here's a monoatomic razor and a gauss rifle, completely unused. I believe these are worth 4 tokens."
Return the gauss rifle and one of the monorazor for 4 tokens.

"Then I would like to know if I would get anything for returning these civilian weaponry."
Show the armory master the 3 gauss pistols and the civilian gauss rifle. Ask her if I can get anything for returning them.

"After that I'd like to know some more about this mining laser. Can you refill it? Could I charge its battery, however slowly with electricity? For example if I took the generators of those gauss pistols and hooked them up to the power supply through some capacitors and transformers, would it charge? I don't care how long it takes since we'll be stuck on mission for a year and the only use I'll have for this mining laser will be cutting of pieces of rock."
Bring her the Mining laser. Ask her if she can recharge it and if I could use gauss generators to slowly recharge it over the course of a few days. Ask her if she knows anything about changing the settings or general info about maintaining and repairing it.

"I've also got this mining exosuit along with the laser. Could you give it a check up, make sure it's okay and maybe explain a bit to me what it can do beyond being strong and tough?"
Show her the mining exosuit, ask her to give it a check up, ask her if she knows anything about changing the settings or general info about maintaining and repairing it.

"Then I would like to know if it is possible to attach those rocket pods made for long jumps to my exosuit, how much would it cost and if they would be cheaper if I bought them without fuel and refueled them at the base."
Ask the above.

"And finally, I'd like to buy a MK2. And a slingshot, or if you don't have one available, just something elastic and a piece of metal like a tuning fork so I can make one. I plan to throw pebbles in front of me so that I can tell where gravity seeps are."
Give her 5 tokens and buy a MK2. Request a slingshot or slingshot producing equipment for free.

Since you're on your phone:
She gives you 3 for the used stuff
Offers 2 for all the civ stuff
Says the mining laser is nonstandard. Runs on what looks like a vehicle battery. Could be recharged with any normal generators, though it might take a while.
Says the Mining exosuit is pretty much just a Exoskeleton but beefed up and slower. Doesn't have any special modes to it.
Jump pods are possible to graft onto the exosuit, come full, nonnegotiable price.
You buy a MK II and a plastic slingshot.
Zephyris nods at Miyamoto before heading to the armory.

"Hey, I think I'll keep this weapon for now. Do you have datapads to take notes though? Do they cost something?"

Go to armory, request a datapad, then report to Steve being ready and all.
You buy a data pad and then, on steve's advice, get yourself podded.

Brother Lars bows deep and long.  "I am honored that you have chosen me, Leader Miyamoto.  I shall serve you as the chosen Champion of Steve.  I shall depart at once to get prepared."  He turned and headed for the armory.

Head to Armory and buy MkII suit and get rifle repaired.  Take digital pictures of every page of the HMRC Pantheon- even the blanked out ones.

Rifle fixed, suit bought, pictures taken.

((Yay! Freedom!))

1).
Go to the kitchen and grab two frying pans and a dozen apples (if available).
Get a bottle of xeno Spit from AM. Actually, why not get about a dozen different varieties from AM? Do that.
Get every single, or if there are too many a dozen different variety of smokes (in packets, not individually).
Get Maldavian Rot from AM.
Get (if free) 20 empty syringes from AM.
Get 3 liters of paint (0.75 liters of black, yellow, blue, and red).
Get a couple empty bottles.
Get 3 litres of water
Pack myself a lunch from ingredients in the kitchen.

2). Ask Armory Master: "As I understand, it is possible to link the video feeds between suits. Could you show me how to do it? Is it also possible to link the feeds between the suits and other devices, like tablets?"
Get 15 tablets (or less, if she tells me she won't give me that many).

3). Ask the Infirmary for when the glasses should be taken off. Explain that I am going to be stuck on a different world for about a year, and I'd like to know what if I should in any way take care of them, and when I should take them off.

4).   Buy the Sub-Skeleton "Hope" Model that costs 3 tokens and increases my Str and End by 5.

5).   Get my ass to the VR Machines ones again, and look at what varieties and designs of bicycles are in use and listed there. Since they don't seem to be popular, make a quick schematic of what I am looking for:

6).   Run some tests (always rolling 4):

((Next turn, finally settling on the choice of weapon and finalizing my character sheet. (probably)))

You guys like this massive multipart posts, don't you?

1.You get your massive supply of random crap

2.She shows you how and gives you ONE tablet. Ya tablet hog you.

3. "Your vision should improve on it's own  over time. Just take them off when it's blurrier with them than without"

4.skeleton bought

5.You make a quick, low resolution, hard to read schematic.

6. About 60 seconds is the farthest in advance you can set it and thats if you're not moving whatsoever. If you move, the thing doesn't work. Weather doesn't matter.

"Guess I don't need to climb through the vents now. Oh well. Maybe later."

Head to the Armory.

You go to the armory along with everyone else.

If the doors are now open:

Head to the armory and inquire about getting that generator or rifle - whichever broke before the last mission - repaired, cost-wise. Then head to a functional VR machine and spawn in 3 civilian gauss rifles and two civilian gauss pistols. Attempt to take the coils and mechanisms from 2 rifles and put them around the coils of the third rifle, and hook up the generators, capacitors, and timing circuits to match so they all fire in-sync. Test Frankencivvie Rifle on a MkIII suit.

Combining the coils won't work but the other parts would. As per whatever it is that you  need repaired, I don't see broken things on my sheet so...yeah there you go.

Head to the armory and pick up a datapad.

"You guys know how Steve mentioned gravity seeps? I think we should try to figure out a way to detect them without running into them, aside from just tossing rocks and seeing if they get crushed."

You get a datapad from the nice lady drowning under convicts

((Very late, but the Pilot/etc designations are indeed just vague attempts to classify people at a glance. In particular, I'm not actually familiar with most peoples' current gear or typical action styles or anything, so for the most part it's just classified by highest skill.))

Go find Doctor. Ask him the following, or if he can't be found, message him the following:

-How much would it cost to regrow my body?
-What are the major differences between synthflesh and augmented organic flesh?

If talking to Doctor, ask about more resilient or regenerating synthflesh vs organic flesh, and ask about ways to avoid the innate vulnerability of having one all-important brain.

If messaging Doctor, get into VR, spawn self in synthflesh body, and examine more mundane aspects of it, like what your senses are like, whether you get tired, and other everyday trivia. The kinds of things a civilian would want to know about.

You find the doctor picking up bruce's body and taking it away. He stops to talk to you.
"Oh, something between 5 and 10 tokens. Depends on the difficulty."
"Well, human flesh is weaker. But more fun. I'm sure you'll come to miss it soon enough."
"Synth-flesh doesn't regenerate on it's own. It can't. It is imperfect in that way. Normal flesh can regenerate, but lacks strength. Ah, eternal search for the middle ground."

Bloody hell the name change always throws me off!! XC

Go talk to AM.
How have things been going while I was in a coma?

"Arch-demon smashed the rec room. People were idiots. Mission got completed. Same old song and dance."

"Alright then. Just give me a bit and I'll be ready to go.

Steve, what sort of machinery are we going to have on hand and do I get a free set of tools to maintain them with?"

Ask Steve, then check over my gear and suit to see if it looks alright and then go to the armory and pick up a data pad and connecting cables for it to link it into the computers we're taking. Make sure to thank the Armory Master for recommending the MKIII suit.

>The tools will be provided for you. I've already talked about practically everything that will be over there, beginning to think you all have selective hearing.

Your everything looks fine. You get the cables and the datapad and everything. You refrain from talking to the armory master as she is drowning in men.
Insolent appendages! How dare you defy me!
Anton stretches his hands, and closes his eyes for a moment, gathering his thoughts. Inhaling deeply, pausing for a moment, and then exhaling, he opens his eyes.
"Okay, once more unto the breach."

Repeat programming attempt.
[aux:1]
You start poking yourself in the eye!

"OH GOD THEY'VE TURNED AGAINST ME!"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12947 on: March 06, 2013, 01:39:21 am »

Okay, seriously, what the hell? These people are crazier than I thought.
Charles enters the armory and looks around.
((Was the [speech: 1] my speech roll or the speech roll of the people answering me?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12948 on: March 06, 2013, 01:50:25 am »

The reason I allow speech actions like I do is many because speech rolls always really bug me in RPG's, since they restrict character development based on a number. And while I understand the necessity in a computer RPG, the fact that we're not restricted by such things here makes me more inclined to allow characters to express what they want to express. It's not like their own words are foolproof  anyways. Besides, speech rolls are relatively rare so it's not a balance problem so far. Maybe if they begin to get more common I'll use the points system more often, but as it is, I prefer to put story and characters over stats.
((Well, I dunno. There's character development, and then there's negotiating. You can have the best ideas at heart, but what kind of person you are does not matter one bit if you can't think fast and clearly. Does not really harm character development. Kind of like if a good hearted person does not know anything about medicine, but tries to be a doctor: he will probably fail miserably and do more bad than good. Same with negotiating. And I like mechanics and gameplay to reflect each other. The thing when a person with a negative two to speech negotiates something without a hitch... Well, you're the DM I suppose. No need to drag out this argument.))
Geez man, didn't know you had such a big bike fetish. I'll make sure yours has a special seat so it can share the love.
((You didn't actually read it in it's entirety, did you? I kind said I personally prefer bicycles without a seat. Or maybe that's just the AM.

And it's less about me liking massive multipart posts, and more about not having a lot of turns to fit a lot of stuff in. It should get better.))

About my "low resolution, hard to read schematic" the picture itself was actually only to illustrate the text below. I suppose I should have been clearer, but I meant to actually design a bicycle in the VR. Here, reposting it to do it this turn:

Design a bicycle in VR:

Buy and install Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier.

My actual Character stats I will be using:

Strength: 0  [+5 from exo]     (+1/3)
Dexterity: 3                         (0)
Endurance: 0  [+5 from exo]   (+1/3)
Charisma: 4                         (0)
Intelligence: 3                      (0)
Willpower: 10                       (+2/3)

Speech: 3                      [+1] (+1 , +1/3)
Intuition: 1                            (0)
Handiwork: 0                          (-1)
Conventional Weapons: 0 [-1]   (-2)
Unconventional Weapons:0        (-1)
Exotic weapons: 1   [+2/3 from Will]       (+2/3)
Auxiliary systems: 0                (-1)
Medical tech: 0 (-1)

((Oh well, it's as ugly as it can get. At least it can't get any worse.))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:15:37 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12949 on: March 06, 2013, 01:53:12 am »

((Damn I keep missing stuff))

"So steve did I make that mission"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12950 on: March 06, 2013, 01:59:19 am »

((Damn I keep missing stuff))

"So steve did I make that mission"
"Steve, I have chosen the team for the mission. I will be taking Simus, Flint, Lars, Mesk, Denzel, Jack, Vich, Morul, Anton, Auron, Zephyris, Michael, Lukas and Bishop with me."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12951 on: March 06, 2013, 02:10:56 am »

Jobasio, totally not in the briefing room like that other Jack guy and in fact still in an infirmary bed with a healing spine, will call piteously for a kindly nurse who can inform him as to whether it is safe for him to stand yet, and also whether or not his valiant comrades such as Flint and Miyamoto survived their recent grave and terrible escapades.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12952 on: March 06, 2013, 02:15:58 am »

((Awesome))

Ask steve about base supplies "Hey steve what is at the base?"

Message to doctor
So I heard that you offer special services, do you have time to offer such services?

go to the VR and bring up the list of battle suit variants and what they are armed with
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:17:30 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12953 on: March 06, 2013, 02:18:53 am »

[aux:1]
You start poking yourself in the eye!

"OH GOD THEY'VE TURNED AGAINST ME!"

((Why did this make me laugh so hard? I don't know why, but I cracked up.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12954 on: March 06, 2013, 02:28:31 am »

Ah damn, you never actually said i bought the pulse rifle so i thought i still had the tokens...

jump in my pod and cry

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12955 on: March 06, 2013, 02:52:12 am »

((Haha oh ye gods. XD))
((Why did this make me laugh so hard? I don't know why, but I cracked up.))
((Maybe it's just funny? :P))

"Ow! I heard of digital warfare, but this is ridiculous!"

Anton restrains his mutinous digits, quietly glad the hand laser is no longer finger-mounted and has a safety, and stuffs the datapad in his pack. "Okay now, I guess the... team we got will be moving out next. Hm. Gotta make some final preparations."

Leaving the Briefing Room, Anton considers his options for the upcoming mission, speaking his thoughts to himself out of habit. "On one hand, having a continuously-powered weapon is a good idea when you're going away for a year. On the other, having more protection than this meager suit would improve survival chances. And I would still need a weapon. Not... quite a good situation." He looks at his custom lightning gauntlet. "Well, there's one way to try and solve this."

Anton raises his head and his voice, addressing Steve. "Steve, is there a defined way to announce the sale of an item to the Corps? Besides just standing in the Rec Room and shouting out loud, I mean. With so many crafty people onboard, and tokens in short supply, there should have been some kind of Trader's Board established here long ago."

Restrain fingers. Address Steve.

If there is such an announcement board, or one is created at the suggestion, list the Red Hand prototype as being available for sale, for 6 token, using the text below.

If no such board exists and none is created, broadcast a wristpad text message to all Corps recipients in range:
Code: [Select]
[TRADE]: Red Hand Electrolaser Gauntlet - 6 token
  Item is an experimental weapon prototype. In presence of an atmosphere, is able to deliver lethal levels of electric current
to targets at up to medium range. In lack of atmosphere, or in normal conditions at user discretion, can be used as a normal
Hand Laser or as a melee weapon, delivering lethal current by contact.
  Requires no reloads, generator-powered. Fits right hand.
  Reason for sale: Need a MkII suit and a replacement Hand Laser for upcoming mission.

((I wonder if anyone would actually be interested in buying the thing. But it makes sense to Anton to try, and whether it works or not either option makes sense for the year-long mission. I'll likely spend no more than a turn waiting for a response, then go and get podded.))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:02:55 am by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12956 on: March 06, 2013, 03:10:32 am »

((Oh my, things are moving too quickly for me to catch up with. I hope I have all the important information on the mission.  ;)))

Lukas gathers all his belongings and prepares for departure to the AP.

You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12957 on: March 06, 2013, 03:51:34 am »

((I probably should have expected that, I've got 2-1 odds on him holding a grudge!))
Sleep.....
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12958 on: March 06, 2013, 04:35:19 am »

((As an afterthought: Irony, if Faith's body would be regrown from scratch, one way to protect the all-important brain from permanent destruction would be to literally make a metal head. Or a ceramic one, or whichever material would be safe to have that's still much stronger than bone. Have a polyalloy cast made out of her skull, and have her brain be placed into it. I mean, naturally it's easier to heal bone fractures than repair dents in a metal dome, but if you have a skull fracture, chances are you're not going to be around long enough for it to heal anyway.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12959 on: March 06, 2013, 06:18:41 am »

((As an afterthought: Irony, if Faith's body would be regrown from scratch, one way to protect the all-important brain from permanent destruction would be to literally make a metal head. Or a ceramic one, or whichever material would be safe to have that's still much stronger than bone. Have a polyalloy cast made out of her skull, and have her brain be placed into it. I mean, naturally it's easier to heal bone fractures than repair dents in a metal dome, but if you have a skull fracture, chances are you're not going to be around long enough for it to heal anyway.))
((I was thinking more along the lines of spreading redundant nervous tissue throughout the body cockroach (or apparently Ivan) style (I did mention my ideas were getting crazier the more I thought about them, right?), but yeah, that's an option too. I was also thinking about some kind of extra reinforced ribcage or capsule if I was going synthflesh, but it hadn't really occurred to me for pure organic.

Also I'm pleasantly surprised at how cheap getting your body back is. I was expecting it to be hideously expensive for some reason. Didn't the nurse say it'd be expensive or something? I guess you could consider 10 tokens to be pretty expensive for the privilege of dying when exposed to vacuum, disease, and dismemberment again.))

"So... you'd recommend I do regenerate it? How easy is it to modify each? I mean, I know you can modify pure organics pretty easily..." Faith said, the last part coming out a bit warily.

"Uh, but supposing I wanted to remain essentially human, just better. How hard would it be to give me Mesk-style regeneration? What about... um..."

Her expression turned to ... as she remembered the AM's warning.

"...nevermind. But assuming I went either way, would you have any recommendations for me?"

Doc talk.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 862 863 [864] 865 866 ... 2101