_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732948 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #12990 on: March 06, 2013, 03:32:45 pm »

"Thank you~!"

Take Pizza stuffs. Go to kitchen. Make pizza.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12991 on: March 06, 2013, 03:55:22 pm »

"Oh god, now even this program has gotten boring. Jim, please send me on a suicide mission and relieve me of this boredom!" pancaek exclaimed to nobody in particular. "Ahem, aren't we forgetting something?" "Right, sorry. But no missions with shivabot, robo-godess of death." "much better, now find something entertaining."

Flip trough channels, some more. Find something about amps. If nothing about amps is to be found, stop on something random. munch on snack

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12992 on: March 06, 2013, 04:11:20 pm »

You mean, the very first door? The one which lead us to the path and yet more doors?
A good question. I thought it was there to designate the beginning of the training course, simultaneously explaining the main rule here: open doors and go through them. ...Which we did not. Damnation.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12993 on: March 06, 2013, 04:30:41 pm »

You mean, the very first door? The one which lead us to the path and yet more doors?
nod once, very small but sharp.
A good question. I thought it was there to designate the beginning of the training course, simultaneously explaining the main rule here: open doors and go through them. ...Which we did not. Damnation.
Shrug once

((stuck an extra action on my "action" post))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 04:35:24 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12994 on: March 06, 2013, 05:34:36 pm »

Okay, seriously, what the hell? These people are crazier than I thought.
Charles enters the armory and looks around.
((Was the [speech: 1] my speech roll or the speech roll of the people answering me?))
(For you.)

You head to the armory and look around.Looks like there's a million guys here asking for weapons.Other then that, normal armory.

The reason I allow speech actions like I do is many because speech rolls always really bug me in RPG's, since they restrict character development based on a number. And while I understand the necessity in a computer RPG, the fact that we're not restricted by such things here makes me more inclined to allow characters to express what they want to express. It's not like their own words are foolproof  anyways. Besides, speech rolls are relatively rare so it's not a balance problem so far. Maybe if they begin to get more common I'll use the points system more often, but as it is, I prefer to put story and characters over stats.
((Well, I dunno. There's character development, and then there's negotiating. You can have the best ideas at heart, but what kind of person you are does not matter one bit if you can't think fast and clearly. Does not really harm character development. Kind of like if a good hearted person does not know anything about medicine, but tries to be a doctor: he will probably fail miserably and do more bad than good. Same with negotiating. And I like mechanics and gameplay to reflect each other. The thing when a person with a negative two to speech negotiates something without a hitch... Well, you're the DM I suppose. No need to drag out this argument.))
Geez man, didn't know you had such a big bike fetish. I'll make sure yours has a special seat so it can share the love.
((You didn't actually read it in it's entirety, did you? I kind said I personally prefer bicycles without a seat. Or maybe that's just the AM.

And it's less about me liking massive multipart posts, and more about not having a lot of turns to fit a lot of stuff in. It should get better.))

About my "low resolution, hard to read schematic" the picture itself was actually only to illustrate the text below. I suppose I should have been clearer, but I meant to actually design a bicycle in the VR. Here, reposting it to do it this turn:

Design a bicycle in VR:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Buy and install Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier.

My actual Character stats I will be using:

Strength: 0  [+5 from exo]     (+1/3)
Dexterity: 3                         (0)
Endurance: 0  [+5 from exo]   (+1/3)
Charisma: 4                         (0)
Intelligence: 3                      (0)
Willpower: 10                       (+2/3)

Speech: 3                      [+1] (+1 , +1/3)
Intuition: 1                            (0)
Handiwork: 0                          (-1)
Conventional Weapons: 0 [-1]   (-2)
Unconventional Weapons:0        (-1)
Exotic weapons: 1   [+2/3 from Will]       (+2/3)
Auxiliary systems: 0                (-1)
Medical tech: 0 (-1)

((Oh well, it's as ugly as it can get. At least it can't get any worse.))
You don't have the tokens to buy an amp, unless someone gave you an extra at some point. Also You don't get (2/3) to exotic from your will. Not sure why you'd think that, but you don't.

And no, not gonna get a prototype on a bike. Even if it's really tricked out. Good news is that it's only gonna cost a single token though. It is just a bike after all.

((Damn I keep missing stuff))

"So steve did I make that mission"
The list of people on the mission are:
Leader:Miyamoto
Simus
Flint
Lars
Mesk
Denzel
Jack
Vich
Morul
Anton
Auron
Zephyris
Michael
Lukas
Bishop

So if you're on there. Yes. So yes.

Jobasio, totally not in the briefing room like that other Jack guy and in fact still in an infirmary bed with a healing spine, will call piteously for a kindly nurse who can inform him as to whether it is safe for him to stand yet, and also whether or not his valiant comrades such as Flint and Miyamoto survived their recent grave and terrible escapades.
Damn jacks. Too many jacks. Need more Melvins.

"You'll be fully healed by the time the first mission people get dropped off." The nurse advises you, "Stay in bed till then."

"Yes they did. In fact they're on one of the current missions I believe."

((Awesome))

Ask steve about base supplies "Hey steve what is at the base?"

Message to doctor
So I heard that you offer special services, do you have time to offer such services?

go to the VR and bring up the list of battle suit variants and what they are armed with

>There's that selective hearing again. It has a small lab, a garage with vehicles, a med bay, a planning room, a control room, an onsite AI, a small armory. It has everything you'll need.

The doctor isn't answering is messages.

In all honesty you don't really have time for that. I'm kicking you all into stasis after the next post and you have no where near enough tokens to do anything with the information. Also battle suits tend not to come with weapons, besides the heavy blade on the melee type.

Ah damn, you never actually said i bought the pulse rifle so i thought i still had the tokens...

jump in my pod and cry

You get podded.
((Haha oh ye gods. XD))
((Why did this make me laugh so hard? I don't know why, but I cracked up.))
((Maybe it's just funny? :P))

"Ow! I heard of digital warfare, but this is ridiculous!"

Anton restrains his mutinous digits, quietly glad the hand laser is no longer finger-mounted and has a safety, and stuffs the datapad in his pack. "Okay now, I guess the... team we got will be moving out next. Hm. Gotta make some final preparations."

Leaving the Briefing Room, Anton considers his options for the upcoming mission, speaking his thoughts to himself out of habit. "On one hand, having a continuously-powered weapon is a good idea when you're going away for a year. On the other, having more protection than this meager suit would improve survival chances. And I would still need a weapon. Not... quite a good situation." He looks at his custom lightning gauntlet. "Well, there's one way to try and solve this."

Anton raises his head and his voice, addressing Steve. "Steve, is there a defined way to announce the sale of an item to the Corps? Besides just standing in the Rec Room and shouting out loud, I mean. With so many crafty people onboard, and tokens in short supply, there should have been some kind of Trader's Board established here long ago."

Restrain fingers. Address Steve.

If there is such an announcement board, or one is created at the suggestion, list the Red Hand prototype as being available for sale, for 6 token, using the text below.

If no such board exists and none is created, broadcast a wristpad text message to all Corps recipients in range:
Code: [Select]
[TRADE]: Red Hand Electrolaser Gauntlet - 6 token
  Item is an experimental weapon prototype. In presence of an atmosphere, is able to deliver lethal levels of electric current
to targets at up to medium range. In lack of atmosphere, or in normal conditions at user discretion, can be used as a normal
Hand Laser or as a melee weapon, delivering lethal current by contact.
  Requires no reloads, generator-powered. Fits right hand.
  Reason for sale: Need a MkII suit and a replacement Hand Laser for upcoming mission.

((I wonder if anyone would actually be interested in buying the thing. But it makes sense to Anton to try, and whether it works or not either option makes sense for the year-long mission. I'll likely spend no more than a turn waiting for a response, then go and get podded.))

You broadcast your willingness to sell your weapon to anyone in range. Which is everyone.

((Oh my, things are moving too quickly for me to catch up with. I hope I have all the important information on the mission.  ;)))

Lukas gathers all his belongings and prepares for departure to the AP.
You go get in your giant robot pod or whatever ill-defined method you use to get ready for a jump.

((I probably should have expected that, I've got 2-1 odds on him holding a grudge!))
Sleep.....

You have no idea.
((As an afterthought: Irony, if Faith's body would be regrown from scratch, one way to protect the all-important brain from permanent destruction would be to literally make a metal head. Or a ceramic one, or whichever material would be safe to have that's still much stronger than bone. Have a polyalloy cast made out of her skull, and have her brain be placed into it. I mean, naturally it's easier to heal bone fractures than repair dents in a metal dome, but if you have a skull fracture, chances are you're not going to be around long enough for it to heal anyway.))
((I was thinking more along the lines of spreading redundant nervous tissue throughout the body cockroach (or apparently Ivan) style (I did mention my ideas were getting crazier the more I thought about them, right?), but yeah, that's an option too. I was also thinking about some kind of extra reinforced ribcage or capsule if I was going synthflesh, but it hadn't really occurred to me for pure organic.

Also I'm pleasantly surprised at how cheap getting your body back is. I was expecting it to be hideously expensive for some reason. Didn't the nurse say it'd be expensive or something? I guess you could consider 10 tokens to be pretty expensive for the privilege of dying when exposed to vacuum, disease, and dismemberment again.))

"So... you'd recommend I do regenerate it? How easy is it to modify each? I mean, I know you can modify pure organics pretty easily..." Faith said, the last part coming out a bit warily.

"Uh, but supposing I wanted to remain essentially human, just better. How hard would it be to give me Mesk-style regeneration? What about... um..."

Her expression turned to ... as she remembered the AM's warning.

"...nevermind. But assuming I went either way, would you have any recommendations for me?"

Doc talk.

"I wouldn't recommend anything in particular. Synth-flesh more like machinery. Extensive modification is difficult, sometimes simply easier to create new from scratch. But it is more powerful after all."

"Mesk's regeneration is mechanical.And dangerous. If ever caught in vacuum it will eat him attempting to keep him alive. High speed regeneration is possible, but difficult. Requires  extensive modification. Have to completely rework way body functions. Yes...extensive..."

"oh. Depends. synthflesh more general, modified flesh more specific. Depends on role."

While waiting for the Doc, Renen goes to the VR machines, enters Tinker and tries to combine Nikitian's Sub-Exoskeleton Model A "Hope" with his standart MK II suit. Make tests of Strength, Endurance and Dex and Speed. Than, he uploads one Pulse Rifle MK I and tries it from different distances.
It would give 1/3 chance to str and end. Also the pulse rifle pretty much just a laser rifle, not really anymore powerful.

Read the first god chapter of the Engineer's Pantheon from the original source if there's time.  Otherwise, go give Saint Milno a hug for good luck, wish him well, and get podded.

Gonna get you podded for now. Story time later, ok?

"Sorry to bother you while you are busy, but do you have an entrenching tool? Never know when it may come in handy."

Aquire E-Tool if possible, then head to the medbay and grab that cube.

You acquire the rare and mysterious Shovel. And then you go get the Cube from the Infirmary.

"I'm sure this thing won't fuck me over! NOPE!"

>How much thicker are we talking here? Numbers, please.

>See if there is any material stronger than steel, but still in approximately the same price range (a maximum price of 4 tokens allowed for the telescoping legs).

>Try making the telescoping bits thick enough to handle a height of ten feet on one leg. Test all capabilities, including climbing on walls.

Well, when you talk about telescoping parts, I think something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The thickness of the piece is going to be related to how many there are. If you want a 15 foot length that is 3 feet tall to start with, you'll need 5 sections and that means they're gonna be individually thinner then if you just had 3 sections of 5 feet each or similar. The problem I'm seeing is that when you have telescoping parts they inherently get smaller as you go down and they also inherently have to be hollow, meaning they've not very structurally sound. I'm not aware of a real way to make them that much more structurally sound, especially if they have lots of sections.

And it's less about handling standing, or even just normal running. It's more that if they're fully extended and something hits them they might crumple.

((Good, I'm back, now to check those- Hey! That gauss gun was never used and that monorazor was only slightly used! You ripped me off! I'm going to sue you and your entire armory!
Just joking.))

Buy the jump rockets and have them installed in the exosuit. Pay extra tokens if I have to.
Return the civilian gauss rifle and a pistol (after unloading the pistol) for one token.
If those aren't enough to get one token, start giving pistol rounds until I get to one token.
Give the other two pistols and the pistol magazine to Therapox's character.
Ask the armory master:

"If I return one of those eighth kiloton charges unused and functional do I get two tokens for it?"
If the answer is yes, buy as many of them as I can afford.

Quote from: Flint Westwood to everyone
Flint Westwood's emporium™ limited time offer™!
Just for the next few minutes we are offering three slightly used gauss pistols and one slightly used gauss rifle for only two tokens. That's right folks! Four weapons for the price of one!
We are also offering a loan of two or four tokens, interest free! You heard that right. Tokens, in your pocket, no questions asked, as long as they are returned upon completion of your next mission.
Come to the armory master's kiosk as quickly as possible to capitalize on this grand offer or else someone may beat you to it.

Note: By taking the Flint Westwood's emporium™ limited time offer™ loan you acknowledge that if you do not complete the mission successfully (that is, if you die) Flint Westwood's emporium™ and its affiliates have full rights to loot your belongings and your corpse for reimbursement. Flint Westwood's emporium™ is not responsible for lack of customer satisfaction, faulty products and any injury or death that may come from use of its products.

You sell those civ guns but now you only have 5 tokens. You can't afford a jump pack. (costs 7). You give the two pistols to the bike fetishist.

"Depends the state they're in. If they're still brand new, no damage, no muss, you can sell them back for full price."

((Pareidolia?))
((Actually, as I thought of it again, no, pareidolia is but a case of what I'm talking about; it is, uhh, the habit of humans to believe in things (in the most general sense) coupled with their tendency to jump to conclusions. In short, that which differs humans as intelligent subjects from mindless sensors with memory capacity in terms of registering and processing information.
I'm sure that modern science and/or philosophy have a name for what I'm talking about, but unfortunately I don't know it.))
Summon more doors.
Think about the role of belief (in the most general sense) in human history. Compare my findings to the words of 'Feyri'.

[will:1]

A new door appears in front of you.

As per your metaphyiscal conundrum, your brain is stumped for the moment and recommends calling back later.

From the 3 gauss pistols I have, take the one that's in best shape and put it in my backpack. Take all off the other gauss pistol ammo out off their cartridges and keep them with me too.
Then go to the AM and ask her what she would give for the remaining 2 gauss pistols and the civ gaus rifle.
Then confirm my request for building the cameyes into Gilgamesh and pay the nice lady who is drowning in men by now.

"2 tokens" she shouts over the mob.
You throw 5 tokens over to her for the cameyes. They will be installed while you are podded.

((Apophenia?))

look at the area the door that started to appear and then faded back away was in, attempt to make it show itself

if the door does not show itself, attempt to make a door back to the VERY start point of this maze, the room with only one door.
if the door shows itself (either one), stand to one side of it, open it without framing myself in the doorway, and see what is on the other side without going through it.

((edit: nah, that's probably not what you meant.))

((edit2: adding an extra action after an if : then))
[will:1]
You summon a door.

"Thank you~!"

Take Pizza stuffs. Go to kitchen. Make pizza.

You take the pizza fixings and go the the kitchen to make a pizza. You attempt to make a pizza.
[handi:pizza]
You make a pizza.

"Oh god, now even this program has gotten boring. Jim, please send me on a suicide mission and relieve me of this boredom!" pancaek exclaimed to nobody in particular. "Ahem, aren't we forgetting something?" "Right, sorry. But no missions with shivabot, robo-godess of death." "much better, now find something entertaining."

Flip trough channels, some more. Find something about amps. If nothing about amps is to be found, stop on something random. munch on snack

"Curse this Ennui! I am so dreadfully bored. Save me, magic television cube."

You find a program about training rocks to sit still. This is not helpful.

NEXT POST IS THE LAST POST BEFORE YOU ARE FORCEFULLY PODDED, LONG MISSION TEAM! I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR MASSIVE 50 PART POSTS. ATTEMPTS TO ENTER THE VR MACHINES AND BUILD GIANT DEATH MACHINES AT THE LAST SECOND WILL BE MET WITH BLOWS TO THE SHIN AND DERISIVE LAUGHTER. 

Also jim, any idea of a team yet?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:44:42 pm by piecewise »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12995 on: March 06, 2013, 05:36:35 pm »

"Sorry to bother you while you are busy, but do you have an entrenching tool? Never know when it may come in handy."

Aquire E-Tool if possible, then head to the medbay and grab that cube, then get podded.

((Missed me.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12996 on: March 06, 2013, 05:39:49 pm »

((which action summoned a door pw? attempting to reveal the disappearing door or attempting to summon a "back to the first room" door?))

(([Will:1] for both of us, and we both summoned doors... oh this is going to end so badly and Lyra can't see the dice... ewwwwwww))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:42:13 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12997 on: March 06, 2013, 05:46:16 pm »

Aquire E-Tool if possible, then head to the medbay and grab that cube, then get podded.

((Missed me.))
Nope

((which action summoned a door pw? attempting to reveal the disappearing door or attempting to summon a "back to the first room" door?))

(([Will:1] for both of us, and we both summoned doors... oh this is going to end so badly and Lyra can't see the dice... ewwwwwww))
The summoning the door action.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12998 on: March 06, 2013, 05:53:59 pm »

((Missed me:
You buy a laser and a gauss generator.
[handi:1]
And promptly break both trying to mash them together.
Fixing that laser rifle and generator will require parts.

Back to the armory, take the offered free shells for my grenade launcher, and see about the price of fixing that laser rifle/generator.

And how much for the rocket pods, and the stuff to actually attach them to me?

Which kinda sucks, because it means I'll probably end up forcibly podded when I'm not ready, since I can't buy stuff without what I'm asking about. Arrgh.))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 07:09:01 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12999 on: March 06, 2013, 05:59:48 pm »

If in pod, get out
trade pulse rifle for tokens,
buy mk ii if i get full refund, Microwave manipulator if 3 or a scout eye + bat copter if 2,
Accept and eat slice of pizza

If not in pod to begin with,
do above actions,
jump in VR machine and try to design massively overpowered death laser.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:19:18 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13000 on: March 06, 2013, 06:12:42 pm »

"Yay!"

Eat a slice of pizza. Give a slice of pizza to Piecewise. Good around the ship asking anyone I come across if they want pizza.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13001 on: March 06, 2013, 06:20:14 pm »

Make sure Manuel, my pet severed hand, is with me.
Final token and inventory count.
If my math is right and I don't have any tokens left, head to the pods.  If I do actually have a token left, buy a Scout Eye and then head to the pods.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13002 on: March 06, 2013, 06:29:10 pm »

((@Lenglon [Meta Will:4] Fear not, we'll find a way out of here. Even if we miss the next mission train - after all, dying because of a hasty attempt at finishing this training course prematurely isn't worth it. Right?))

Wait, we opened the first door together, remember? Perhaps that would give us more of neutral space instead of  memories related places?
Unless Lyra specifies otherwise, do the following:
Open both doors together with Lyra (both of us holding the door handle as we open it, and so on). Go through the one  leading to the area looking the least hostile,  or a randomly chosen one (consult inner sense to choose which) if the danger level is difficult to judge. Do not go if either door leads to overtly hazardous place, or if my inner sense tells me not to go.

(( That -1 to Intuition has always felt so appealing to try out  :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13003 on: March 06, 2013, 06:34:57 pm »

((Damnit, I forgot to deduct the MK2 money from my notes.))

If some kind soul (or souls) offer to lend me 2 tokens buy the rockets. Also, request that a few barrels of non hallucinogenic non mindfucking non alien and generally normal alcohol (beer if possible) be delivered with us to the base, so that we'll have something to drink before we sleep (besides water). Just because we're cutting the VR addiction doesn't mean we have to cut back on other, less GM taxing addictions.

Edit: Jim offered to lend me 2 tokens.

((I wanted to do some roleplaying with the armory master when the armory was a bit emptier (wishful thinking, I know) but I guess I'll just have to squeeze it all in one post. Here goes.))

Flint made a motion to leave but then he thought of something else, something that had been bugging him since he returned from the mission. He came closer to the AM's kiosk so as to deter evesdroppers and asked "Can I talk to you about a... sensitive subject? Something that's been disturbing me from the last mission."

Assuming the AM doesn't kick me out of the kiosk say the following:

"When we were preparing to leave there was this UWM man... He had gone crazy, he was holding a monorazor and was talking about something he had heard, something horrible. I tried talking to him, I tried to calm him, I promised I would help him but he... he sliced his brain with the razor. Now I have no love for the UWM, hell I hate it's guts but... I don't like seeing people die. People shouldn't have to die! I keep thinking what I could have done differently, how I could have saved him. So I wanted to know, since you have so much experience, is there any way to help people who had someone mess with their minds?"

"I don't care what it is, stun gun, hostage negotiation handbook, some tips. I just don't want to fail to save another human again. Do you understand what I'm saying? Have you ever been just out of reach from someone and yet be unable to help them, to save them from themselves?"

After asking for advice for how to save my teammates (and hopefully getting it) say the following:

"There was another thing I wanted to talk about. It's kind of embarrassing, so I would prefer it if you didn't tell anyone about this."

"So, we were exploring the colony and we came upon this housing block. The mad doctors had burnt most of it down and burnt corpses littered the streets. While exploring Miyamoto and I came upon a child. The poor thing was feral, fearful, malnourished and covered in ash. But he was strong in spirit, a survivor. Being forced to survive on your own, seeing your neighbors, your friends, your family burning to death before your very eyes... I could never have survived that. I left my weapons to the ground and went after him. I couldn't leave a child alone in that kind of place. He finally stopped running in an burnt down apartment. I talked to him soothingly and managed to calm him a bit. As I was struggling to think of a way to lure him towards me, I thought that he must be thirsty. I didn't have any water to give him and I couldn't open my suit to give him for fear I would get contaminated. So I opted to offer him some alcohol instead. It was my only choice, that or I had to leave him there and then he would have surely died. The child approached me and took a tiny sip from the bottle. And then I found out in the most horrible way possible that xeno spit is NOT a normal alcoholic drink. Now don't worry, the child ended up fine. Well, as fine as a child in his condition can be anyway. I stayed with him to make sure that my mistake didn't cause him further harm."

"But it was really confusing for me. Why are you people selling this stuff? 'Contains xeno-biological enzymes'? Where do you get it? Who builds it? Who BUYS it? I just saw it listed under drinks and thought 'Well, might as well try out a new drink.' I know I should have read the label. I know I should have never given a child dangerous substances. I regret it and have regretted it from the moment I realized what I had done. I just- I just-"

*sigh* "I just wanted to tell you this story so that I could ask of you to please from now on warn us when we buy these kind of dangerous substances. I think you've realized by now that the HMRC doesn't consist of the brightest of individuals, even though some of us have good intentions."

Tell my sad story to the AM, hopefully getting some advice, some info on xeno spit and introducing new safety regulations concerning dangerous substances in the process (yeah, right).

If I absolutely have to get podded right now, eat some pizza, thank May and then get podded.

Quote from: Flint Westwood to everyone
I am in need of two tokens. If you lend me even one I would be eternally grateful. I will of course repay you once I return from the mission. And in case I don't return, I have lent Vich 1 token, you can collect it on my behalf.

((Please kind sirs and madams? Just a token is all I'm asking.))
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:02:31 am by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13004 on: March 06, 2013, 06:37:35 pm »

"Alright Cube, I hate you, and you hate me, but let us put our differences aside and cooperate for a year. Deal?"

Brofist Cube on the side, no button pressing, and get Podded.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 2101