_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686747 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13035 on: March 07, 2013, 08:33:36 am »

((Flint, your post reminded me of my considering to build a handheld 'pain ray' similar to the one the US military has that can be mounted on humvees.))
((That would be quite useful. If you build one, you have a potential buyer.))

@SerCon: Thanks a lot. I owe you one. (And Vich owes you two  :P) Make sure you get back alive so that I can repay you.

@Therapox: I don't see where the problem is, both IC and OOC. If we were banks, right now you would have given Jim a Vich bond in exchange for one token and Flint a Vich bond in exchange for two pistols. Flint would have given Jim a Flint bond and an insured Vich bond in exchange for two tokens. That means that Jim now has 1 Vich bond, 1 Vich bond insured by Flint and 1 Flint bond all set to expire at the end of our mission. So if I go bankrupt (I die) Jim can't collect the Flint bond but he can collect the Vich bonds, so you'll give him 2 tokens. If Vich goes bankrupt Jim will collect the Flint bond and receive his insurance on the Vich bond. So in short if nobody dies, Vich owes Jim 2 tokens and Flint owes Jim one token. If either of us dies, Jim gets two tokens. It makes perfect sense. Expect my character to have replied in a similar way, but using language a SMURF would use. You know, people are nice, you should show more trust, why are you being so mean, etc.

And it's Flint! Flint! (Anybody get this very old and obscure reference?)
((How come I owe him two? Jim lent me one token, and I had no other interactions with him.

And when I said banks, I didn't mean using the correct terminology or making complicated schemes for how to collect people's stuff if they die. (but that doesn't exclude it.)
                                    I meant making money by lending and borrowing tokens. And doing it in an organized way. As simple as that.

To post below, because I don't want to make another post:
1). I missed the part where you let Jim collect your debt. That you Toaster.
2). I already know the concept without using the word "bond," and there's no need to explain it. Especially when explanation makes it much more confusing. And I will use whatever the hell terminology I want if I open a bank. But if you insist, just to spite you, I can name my bank "The Tokenshop" so it's not a bank anymore, and I don't have to use the correct terminology. :P))
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:17:23 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13036 on: March 07, 2013, 08:49:58 am »

((How come I owe him two? Jim lent me one token, and I had no other interactions with him.))

((If Flint happens to perma-die, Jim (as someone Flint owes tokens to) inherits your debt to Flint, which is added to the token he already lent you.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13037 on: March 07, 2013, 09:05:47 am »

((If you want to operate a bank, you have to use bonds. Bonds are declarations of debt and promises for payment to the bond holder at a later date. Bonds can be traded or used as money. I used your debt to me to buy a token from Jim. Thus, you now owe to Jim, the current bond holder. You may have not signed anything and you may not be bound by any written laws, however I am certain that if you default it won't be taken kindly by Jim.

Damn, all this economy talk on the TV is starting to get to me. Must stop watching news.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13038 on: March 07, 2013, 10:44:54 am »

((Then a bunch of credit default swaps start taking place, there's a TPK on one mission, and everyone else goes bankrupt.  Steve has to intervene by bailing us out.

And by bailing us out, I mean via the airlock.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13039 on: March 07, 2013, 11:39:14 am »

Wait in pod.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13040 on: March 07, 2013, 11:49:58 am »

((Perv - Time))

Start a simulation of Renen and Faith, she is in her old body and wearing only a thong. If she enters Berserker mode, activate perfect slow motion. Start groping her.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13041 on: March 07, 2013, 01:54:06 pm »

"heh, ennui, quelle mot intéréssant. But really, these rocks are starting to bore me" "I want to see things explode" "Don't we all"

Flip the channel to something about guns, preferably old school, big caliber slug throwers.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13042 on: March 07, 2013, 09:47:54 pm »

((Renen is gonna get mauled, I can see it now...))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13043 on: March 07, 2013, 10:02:29 pm »

((Not like that's not the actual intended purpose of VR anyways...))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13044 on: March 08, 2013, 12:28:31 am »

((Missed me:
You buy a laser and a gauss generator.
[handi:1]
And promptly break both trying to mash them together.
Fixing that laser rifle and generator will require parts.

Back to the armory, take the offered free shells for my grenade launcher, and see about the price of fixing that laser rifle/generator.

And how much for the rocket pods, and the stuff to actually attach them to me?

Which kinda sucks, because it means I'll probably end up forcibly podded when I'm not ready, since I can't buy stuff without what I'm asking about. Arrgh.))
We handled this through PM's, So I'm assuming you're ready to go.

If in pod, get out
trade pulse rifle for tokens,
buy mk ii if i get full refund, Microwave manipulator if 3 or a scout eye + bat copter if 2,
Accept and eat slice of pizza

If not in pod to begin with,
do above actions,
jump in VR machine and try to design massively overpowered death laser.

You go, change your weapon for a MKII an then run toward VR machines. You're about half way through booting it up when someone taps you on the shoulder. You pull off your helmet just in time to see nyars, holding a bat, scream "CANDY GRAM!" And clock you in the head.

He drags your unconscious body to the Pods, hitting you repeatedly in the shin as he goes.

"Yay!"

Eat a slice of pizza. Give a slice of pizza to Piecewise. Good around the ship asking anyone I come across if they want pizza.
You feed your lizard pizza. He seems happy but mildly confused. That done, you start handing out pizza to anyone who wants it/trusts you enough not to ask if you washed your hands before making it.

The fools.
Make sure Manuel, my pet severed hand, is with me.
Final token and inventory count.
If my math is right and I don't have any tokens left, head to the pods.  If I do actually have a token left, buy a Scout Eye and then head to the pods.

Mk III suit
Manuel, the robohand.
civ police body armor.
Advanced kit (full)
monorazor
0 token.

You get yourself podded. Hard.
((@Lenglon [Meta Will:4] Fear not, we'll find a way out of here. Even if we miss the next mission train - after all, dying because of a hasty attempt at finishing this training course prematurely isn't worth it. Right?))

Wait, we opened the first door together, remember? Perhaps that would give us more of neutral space instead of  memories related places?
Unless Lyra specifies otherwise, do the following:
Open both doors together with Lyra (both of us holding the door handle as we open it, and so on). Go through the one  leading to the area looking the least hostile,  or a randomly chosen one (consult inner sense to choose which) if the danger level is difficult to judge. Do not go if either door leads to overtly hazardous place, or if my inner sense tells me not to go.

(( That -1 to Intuition has always felt so appealing to try out  :P ))

((@Lenglon [Meta Will:4] Fear not, we'll find a way out of here. Even if we miss the next mission train - after all, dying because of a hasty attempt at finishing this training course prematurely isn't worth it. Right?))

Wait, we opened the first door together, remember? Perhaps that would give us more of neutral space instead of  memories related places?
Unless Lyra specifies otherwise, do the following:
Open both doors together with Lyra (both of us holding the door handle as we open it, and so on). Go through the one  leading to the area looking the least hostile,  or a randomly chosen one (consult inner sense to choose which) if the danger level is difficult to judge. Do not go if either door leads to overtly hazardous place, or if my inner sense tells me not to go.

(( That -1 to Intuition has always felt so appealing to try out  :P ))
do this, do not let go of his hand especially when going through door, if my intuit goes off as "bad idea" stop us both. attempt to hold door open.

((how about my +1 intuit rather than your -1?))
[lyra intuition: 2+1]

Eh, seems alright.

Both Lyra and Maurice open the first door together. Staring back at them are mirror images of themselves, holding another door open.

"You'll never get out." One says.

"There is no safety here. She has abandoned you to this fate." Says the other.

And then the door closes. Ok.

The next door is another person. It's hard to tell, he looks more like hamburger then man, but Maurice recognizes him as Charro.

"If you had just been a little faster..."

((Damnit, I forgot to deduct the MK2 money from my notes.))

If some kind soul (or souls) offer to lend me 2 tokens buy the rockets. Also, request that a few barrels of non hallucinogenic non mindfucking non alien and generally normal alcohol (beer if possible) be delivered with us to the base, so that we'll have something to drink before we sleep (besides water). Just because we're cutting the VR addiction doesn't mean we have to cut back on other, less GM taxing addictions.

Edit: Jim offered to lend me 2 tokens.

((I wanted to do some roleplaying with the armory master when the armory was a bit emptier (wishful thinking, I know) but I guess I'll just have to squeeze it all in one post. Here goes.))

Flint made a motion to leave but then he thought of something else, something that had been bugging him since he returned from the mission. He came closer to the AM's kiosk so as to deter evesdroppers and asked "Can I talk to you about a... sensitive subject? Something that's been disturbing me from the last mission."

Assuming the AM doesn't kick me out of the kiosk say the following:

"When we were preparing to leave there was this UWM man... He had gone crazy, he was holding a monorazor and was talking about something he had heard, something horrible. I tried talking to him, I tried to calm him, I promised I would help him but he... he sliced his brain with the razor. Now I have no love for the UWM, hell I hate it's guts but... I don't like seeing people die. People shouldn't have to die! I keep thinking what I could have done differently, how I could have saved him. So I wanted to know, since you have so much experience, is there any way to help people who had someone mess with their minds?"

"I don't care what it is, stun gun, hostage negotiation handbook, some tips. I just don't want to fail to save another human again. Do you understand what I'm saying? Have you ever been just out of reach from someone and yet be unable to help them, to save them from themselves?"

After asking for advice for how to save my teammates (and hopefully getting it) say the following:

"There was another thing I wanted to talk about. It's kind of embarrassing, so I would prefer it if you didn't tell anyone about this."

"So, we were exploring the colony and we came upon this housing block. The mad doctors had burnt most of it down and burnt corpses littered the streets. While exploring Miyamoto and I came upon a child. The poor thing was feral, fearful, malnourished and covered in ash. But he was strong in spirit, a survivor. Being forced to survive on your own, seeing your neighbors, your friends, your family burning to death before your very eyes... I could never have survived that. I left my weapons to the ground and went after him. I couldn't leave a child alone in that kind of place. He finally stopped running in an burnt down apartment. I talked to him soothingly and managed to calm him a bit. As I was struggling to think of a way to lure him towards me, I thought that he must be thirsty. I didn't have any water to give him and I couldn't open my suit to give him for fear I would get contaminated. So I opted to offer him some alcohol instead. It was my only choice, that or I had to leave him there and then he would have surely died. The child approached me and took a tiny sip from the bottle. And then I found out in the most horrible way possible that xeno spit is NOT a normal alcoholic drink. Now don't worry, the child ended up fine. Well, as fine as a child in his condition can be anyway. I stayed with him to make sure that my mistake didn't cause him further harm."

"But it was really confusing for me. Why are you people selling this stuff? 'Contains xeno-biological enzymes'? Where do you get it? Who builds it? Who BUYS it? I just saw it listed under drinks and thought 'Well, might as well try out a new drink.' I know I should have read the label. I know I should have never given a child dangerous substances. I regret it and have regretted it from the moment I realized what I had done. I just- I just-"

*sigh* "I just wanted to tell you this story so that I could ask of you to please from now on warn us when we buy these kind of dangerous substances. I think you've realized by now that the HMRC doesn't consist of the brightest of individuals, even though some of us have good intentions."

Tell my sad story to the AM, hopefully getting some advice, some info on xeno spit and introducing new safety regulations concerning dangerous substances in the process (yeah, right).

If I absolutely have to get podded right now, eat some pizza, thank May and then get podded.

Quote from: Flint Westwood to everyone
I am in need of two tokens. If you lend me even one I would be eternally grateful. I will of course repay you once I return from the mission. And in case I don't return, I have lent Vich 1 token, you can collect it on my behalf.

((Please kind sirs and madams? Just a token is all I'm asking.))

"You sure picked a hell of a time to confess." she says, sweeping her arm around at all the people cluttering the room. "Not exactly secret anymore eh? Well whatever. I'll give you some advice: Get used to it. People die. Your teammates will die. No matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, you cannot save them all.  And agonizing about that fact will just make you less effective at saving the ones you could. And if you really want to stop them, just shoot them in the heart or the throat or something. Works better then any stun gun and they can just be revived. Anything that isn't a direct hit to the brain is usually survivable, so kill them in the short term to save them in the long."

"Do I look like the health inspector? I don't know who makes it. I just stock the stuff because we have crates of it. And if you'd like a warning, here it is: See that big list of guns? Yeah, they're all dangerous. The drugs aren't exactly perfectly safe either. Hell, nothing around here is. This is the HMRC. What doesn't shoot you poisons you, what doesn't poison you mutates you, what doesn't mutate you controls your mind and what doesn't control your mind is probably just lulling you into a false sense of security before it kicks you in the throat."

New, slightly confrontational, knowledge gained, you get podded, after you buy your jump pack that is.
"Alright Cube, I hate you, and you hate me, but let us put our differences aside and cooperate for a year. Deal?"

Brofist Cube on the side, no button pressing, and get Podded.
You get bropodded.

((I've been refraining from posting for a while to make things easier, but I just remembered I need to check something.))

Token count, please. And deny pizza offer from May if she makes it.
10. Also thanks for the reprieve.

Join those who have been podded.
You get hard podded.

"Surrounded by idiots... I feel for her."

Wave goodbye to the Armory Master then head to get something to eat and drink quickly. Then go get podded.
OM NOM PODPOD

You missed this post:
To Flint Westwood:
Never said I planned to use them, right? I'm actually an amp user, he he he. The pistols are to deceive.
Snap out of whatever I am doing right now and go to the armory and get two gauss pistols, 20 ammo. +1 token to my debt

Since we're at it, why not also get a rope from the Armory and some normal casual clothes. (I'm thinking something like t-shirt some other type of shirt, and jeans or pants.) Don't put it on, just add them to my quantum storage.

((Am I the only one thinking that being in debt is a good way to make people want me to stay alive? If I had some foresight, I'd have borrowed from someone going with me on a mission, not Jim.

Also, some trivia. If you decided to banter, you could have dragged me down to one pistol and five rounds. As in any trade negotiation, I've set my initial mark higher then I expected to settle for.))

((About bikes, I kind of spent two pages explaining why they might deserve a prototype and should actually become a standard for troops. Oh well. I'll get busy on it when I return from this mission. The bikes wouldn't be that useful in it anyways.

And okay, no +2/3 bonus then. Thanks for clearing that up.))

I actually did get a token from Jim right after I got out from the infirmary. It was number seven of nine. You might want to subtract a token from him.

Save the bicycle schematic.

My quantum inventory. i.e: a pile of junk.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Huh. I feel like I'm missing something from here. Not that I forgot something, but that it is simply too short. I need more useless junk!))
Well, why not also also grab some long knife from the kitchen (if Steve doesn't stop me).
And ask AM for a looking glass.
And a flute. And a pipe with some tobacco. (because I can).
Umm... And ask the Armory Master if she has any activated charcoal. Take 200 300 grams if yes.
How could I have forgotten?! A variety of hallucinogens and other drugs. Once again, focus on quantity and variety.
After that, get into a pod.

Oh, and get a copy of that book from Brother Lars. I could roleplay it, but since we already have an agreement, why bother? Read it when I'm not in stasis or doing something else.

The reason for no prototype is not that I doubt it will be useful. It's because a bike is, at this point, something like 2 and a half thousand years old and your design, while making it very versatile, doesn't significantly alter how it works, improve on it in some fundamental way or fill a much needed niche.

Also I got that post of yours, about the pistols and stuff, I just didn't reply. It's all in your quickly becoming bloated inventory.

You're not gonna be able to carry this all around while on mission by the way. I mean, 6 liters of liquid, a dozen bottles of booze? Fine to ship down but not to walk around with.

So you add to your increasingly, stupidly large inventory and then get podded. I can't remember what you were buying last time so just let me know in the next post and I'll magic it into your inventory.

Nooooooo Lars must have his last minute ninja Milno hug!
YOU HUG MILNO IN THE HEAD.
(@PW: I'm waiting on Maurice, and if I can break the team capacity limits, possibly Lyra as well. I need a medic and it's either Maurice or Faith, and Maurice has less missions so I'm favoring him. Also I think Irony has a lot of experiments he wants to do with synthflesh and so probably doesn't want to be interrupted just yet anyhow. :P Finally, Thearpox is telling the truth, I did indeed lend him one of my three tokens. Paris is getting the other two for now.)

Jim accepts a piece of pizza from May, simply to see if he can eat it, and thanks her. He lends the two tokens Flint wants to him under the condition he'll get paid back after the mission. Finally, he looks around for Maurice Sanctor to ask him if he wants to go on the mission.
[speech:2-2]
You squawk out a burst of incoherent binary code at May before slamming a slice of pizza into your faceplate. 

You then go find Maurice. He's laying on the ground in the Armory, completely unresponsive.

To the AM:

One last thing before I leave... why are Dr. Sanctor and someone I've not seen before both unconscious in here?

Find Jim.

Hate to say it, but you've lost out on me for your mission, I ended up as a second-in-command of the long one. Good luck with your nice, short, albeit more dangerous one.

Be podded.

"Learning a lesson. " The armory master replies.

And then you are podded.

and thanks her.
((Possibilities, possibilities. Maybe Jim uses May's breasts as drums to thank her musically. That's an option.))
((Acquiring popcorn.))

"I see... Just for the sake of argument, would you recommend one or the other if my main goal was staying alive while remaining more or less human?

And thank you for the information."

Ask about "living" as a "human," thank Doctor, go to VR. Load up synthflesh body, examine mundane details. How it feels, what cold is like, etc. Check on relatively basic humanoid models aside from the default one, and their costs.

Then see how synthflesh itself can be modified, if at all. Making it tougher, absorbing electricity, etc. Also see how viable and expensive it is to build things into or onto the synthflesh, like Eric's internal kinetic amps or grafting MKIII pods onto the body.

See if VR has any record of possible genetic augments aside from the ones listed in the Armory, or some method of estimating what kinds of augmentations would be possible.

Examine how hard it is to get your bones, or at least skull, replaced with something more resilient than calcium.

"Hard to define human, isn't it?" The doctor says, carrying Bruce away.

You head to the VR machines and load up a synth-flesh body. It doesn't seem to feel strong sensations, cold and heat, pain, it's all muted; it's there but not very much so. There aren't a lot of closely human models; most of them are at best pretty weird, even if they're still a bipedal humanoid.

As per modifications, adding things on to the skeleton or implanting them in the flesh are easy enough, but modifying the actual properties of the flesh itself is pretty much impossible.

Genetic modification information doesn't seem to be available.

As per getting yourself wolverine'd metal bones and stuff isn't hard. Miyamoto already has a big metal head.

>Make sure the telescoping bits can handle standing on one leg at a height of 15 feet without crumpling on their own, thickening them as necessary. External forces are not an issue right now.

>Save project as SB-01 "Dancing Pants".

>Exit VR, graciously accept offer of pizza. Examine the pizza for anything suspicious and, should nothing be overtly wrong with it, eat it.

Ah, well thats fine then.

You save your project and take a slice of pizza. It looks fine...except for it's source. Oh well.

If anybody decides to buy the Red Hand for 6 token, sell it, then obtain a MkII and a Hand Laser from the Armory, and get to the pod.

If nobody does, just go get podded.

You podded.

Sell the civ guns for 2 tokens, then get podded.

You sell your stuff and then get podded.

Plot the Mandelbrot set with inifinite iterations until we arrive at our destination.
Oh hey, you think you see timmy in there. Hey timmy!

((That reply has me worried piecewise, don't do that to me man.))
Bruce:> Awaken.
Not yet, Brucie

((Well uh final action then))
To whole RnD department
Do any of you require any long term feild tests

If successful go a get whatever thing that needs testing. Otherwise go to pod area
They don't have anything in particular for you right now, so the pod gets podding.

New Character sheet
))
((Don't I have a net +1 since I have 3 speech and placed my +1 bonus into it?))
I didn't realize that was what that + and - meant on those numbers. Normally I just (-1) or (+1) Was gonna ask what your grunty powers were, but there you go.

((Flint, your post reminded me of my considering to build a handheld 'pain ray' similar to the one the US military has that can be mounted on humvees.))
((That would be quite useful. If you build one, you have a potential buyer.))

@SerCon: Thanks a lot. I owe you one. (And Vich owes you two  :P) Make sure you get back alive so that I can repay you.

@Therapox: I don't see where the problem is, both IC and OOC. If we were banks, right now you would have given Jim a Vich bond in exchange for one token and Flint a Vich bond in exchange for two pistols. Flint would have given Jim a Flint bond and an insured Vich bond in exchange for two tokens. That means that Jim now has 1 Vich bond, 1 Vich bond insured by Flint and 1 Flint bond all set to expire at the end of our mission. So if I go bankrupt (I die) Jim can't collect the Flint bond but he can collect the Vich bonds, so you'll give him 2 tokens. If Vich goes bankrupt Jim will collect the Flint bond and receive his insurance on the Vich bond. So in short if nobody dies, Vich owes Jim 2 tokens and Flint owes Jim one token. If either of us dies, Jim gets two tokens. It makes perfect sense. Expect my character to have replied in a similar way, but using language a SMURF would use. You know, people are nice, you should show more trust, why are you being so mean, etc.

And it's Flint! Flint! (Anybody get this very old and obscure reference?)
I'd hate to see what happens when Jim the Loan shark comes a'calling and people don't have his money. Most people break kneecaps, jim will probably break spines.

>Look around. Who else is in the infirmary? What am I hooked up to, exactly?

>Watch the goings-on in the place from my bed.

>Do that thing where you put your hands together leaving a small gap, look through it, and then close and eye.
Determine which is my dominant eye. Make a mental note to be nice to that eye from now on.

>Compare drug dosages with the patients next to me.

Oh hey, you're not bed bound anymore. Go nuts, Jacky boy. Yes I'm ignoring your post sort of. Sorry about that. If you really want to do this next turn, I'll ask jim to come by and put you back in the bed, in a manner of speaking.

((9 pages...I'm busy atm so anyone chatting with me, sorry! :/

Also, kudos to PW for keeping interactive with me RP-ing someone with "lacking" medical know-how :P))

From here.

"An MKII, huh. Well..."

Feyri took out the eight tokens given to her, and seeing as Jim was busy - still not used to his new form - decided on the matter at hand. She inquired about the MKII and MKIII suits.

"Do those suits come in shades of grey and silver?"

>Sell the
{Civilian Gauss Rifle}
>Ask.
> Try to get the broken riot shield fixed and repaired or renewed, just with the Mark of Algis preferably on it...If not possible, ask about any other types of shields that are available other than conventional riot shielding. Anything else?

((What does using a shield fall under? Does riot shield = conventional weaponry roll?))

My Inventory.
You get a token for the rifle.
The MK's suits are always gray to start with.

As per the shield you can get it remolded and repaired or get a new one made of something different. Or a metal one with a view port. Stuff like that. As per it's skill, that depends on what you're doing with it really. It's generally gonna be stat rolls then skills though. In fact it's always gonna be.

Wake up from that coma.
Keep trying to wake up from that coma. To flee from May if she should approach with that pizza.

You wake up from this persistent coma just long enough to run away from may, face first into a wall and back into the coma.

((Perv - Time))

Start a simulation of Renen and Faith, she is in her old body and wearing only a thong. If she enters Berserker mode, activate perfect slow motion. Start groping her.
You grope the AI-less Faith.
Honk honk.

Ah, it's just not the same.

"heh, ennui, quelle mot intéréssant. But really, these rocks are starting to bore me" "I want to see things explode" "Don't we all"

Flip the channel to something about guns, preferably old school, big caliber slug throwers.

You flip to a channel about Elderly teachers throwing large gastropods.

Thats kinda odd but you know, whatever floats your boat.

AND THEN EVERYONE WHO WASN'T ALREADY PODDED GOT PODDED. FORCEFULLY. BY NYARS.

The men and women of the Mission 9B team leave their pods after the jump with an odd and wistful feeling. They were leaving the sword for quite a while; leaving the safety of the infirmary's magical space technology that would stitch them back together after they've done something monumentally stupid; leaving the safety of an all seeing computer that kept the oxygen flowing almost 100% of the time; leaving the safety of forcible incarnation in a prison ship for forcible exile on a barren hellhole. Things were going from bad to also bad, but with the help of stockholm syndrome everyone still felt a twang of homesickness as they boarded the shuttles and drifted off into the dark.

The flight was a short one, they didn't have far to go. Less then a half hour after piling into the ship they land and pile out again. They're standing on a plain of what looks like broken volcanic glass, on the lip of a massive crater. Built directly adjacent to the crater is a relatively small outpost, consisting of buildings strung together with connecting passages. Directly in front of them is what looks like the garage.

>The shuttle I sent you with was the same one Mesk piloted on the last mission. It's ready for manual use. Don't get cheeky and think you can escape with it though; we've removed the stasis tanks  and it doesn't have the power needed to get you up to the speed needed for a jump.

I'm sending you a map of the base. The first thing you should do is get in there and boot up the Outpost AI. It's no where near as good as me, but it should help.

This is it, friends. From this point on, you're on your own. See you in a year or so.

Everyone on the long mission (9B) Please move over to the mission board for your complementary  map and lonely existence.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13045 on: March 08, 2013, 12:41:49 am »

((@pw: who made which door?))

stand still while looking at the doors for three seconds. then slowly begin to smile.
"hehehehe"

turn to maurice and make eye contact, still slightly smiliing.

"All messages discourage."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:55:43 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13046 on: March 08, 2013, 12:42:07 am »

Haha score... you actually had someone beat my shins in.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13047 on: March 08, 2013, 12:48:21 am »

>Though I may regret it later, eat the pizza. Savor it.

>Enter VR again, load up automated field manipulators of all kinds. What are they like?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13048 on: March 08, 2013, 01:44:35 am »

((Sorry about the confusion.))
Charles asks one of the people nearby why there are two seemingly comatose people lying on the floor.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13049 on: March 08, 2013, 02:04:44 am »

Ahaha... ahahaha... Ahahahah! Maurice started laughing hysterically.
Lyra, he could not have said that. Neither could my inner self, or anything.
Yes, I did fail to help Charro Hootzal. Yes, at that moment he looked more like a hamburger than a person. Yes, at that time, we might have had the chance of bringing his head back in a barely revivable state if we hurried as if Death chased us, and I suggested that race against time. And yes, what happened to him is one of my greatest faults, my greatest nightmare. But his head with the rest of his body were flattened just moments later, crushed into pasta - and that was a clear casualty, which is, unfortunately, to be expected in our line of work.
 And finally-
Maurice stopped laughing and looked Lyra in the eye:
I failed him - couldn't save him - because he was already more injured than I could have helped. That is my worst nightmare, indeed - the fact that I cannot bring the already dead, those claimed by Death himself, back to life, despite them yet clinging to life, despite Mistress Medicine guiding my hand in that never-ending battle with Death - Maurice turned to face blackness before him, his voice gradually raising - that sometimes Death wins, this is my worst nightmare, and not just plain being beaten by the circumstances. Do you hear me, puppeteer? You have made a mistake! This is but your interpretation of my memories!
Fuck off from my head! I disbelieve you and all of this circus!

Defy. Disbelieve. Resist. Wake up. Whatever it takes.

((@Lyra I have a slight inclination to believe that the second door (with the hamburger man/'Charro') was created by Maurice, as only he had the necessary memories, but I might be wrong. ))
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 03:28:41 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 2101