_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686193 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13065 on: March 08, 2013, 05:50:59 am »

((Just giving you more ways to kill people))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13066 on: March 08, 2013, 07:07:13 am »

((Oh, I've nearly forgotten!
Happy International Women's Day to our female players!  :) ))
((-> Skyrunner and everyone else :D Thanks for that Nik!

Btw I like how you and Lenglon RP. Its...really new to me :D))

From here...

Feyri shifted the nine tokens in her palm as she mused by the side of the armory.

Nine. Only nine. Enough for an MKII. Should insulate it if I'm getting a metallic shield. Don't know how heavy it can be though...presumably I could ask for stabilizers into making it a personal shield along with a gun support...Hmm.

"Excuse me, AM?..."

Purchase an MKII.

Trade in the old shield for a metallic one; inquire if it could be made as a personal, mobile shield. Along with slight modifications for endurance and deftness - easier to handle when traversing rough terrain, or something I can carry on my back while having my arms free for other uses.

Quote from: PW > TCM
You feed your lizard pizza. He seems happy but mildly confused. That done, you start handing out pizza to anyone who wants it/trusts you enough not to ask if you washed your hands before making it.

The fools.
((XD))

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:15:44 pm by Tiruin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13067 on: March 08, 2013, 07:23:26 am »

((Piecewies no
no
why you ignor me peicewise
i am a valued plahyer too))

Jobasio hopped up from his hospital bed, discarded his earlier ideas and glanced around, stroking his chin like some trainee supervillain.
'I have a most excellent idea...'

>Sneak a large quantity of hospital-grade anaesthetic out of the infirmary.

>If confronted by a nurse, point over their shoulder in mock terror and scream something about "OH MY GOD ANOTHER ALTERED" before running away and hiding in my locker punching them in the kidneys and running away to hide in my locker.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 07:26:58 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13068 on: March 08, 2013, 07:43:09 am »

>If confronted by a nurse, point over their shoulder in mock terror and scream something about "OH MY GOD ANOTHER ALTERED" before running away and hiding in my locker punching them in the kidneys and running away to hide in my locker.
((I wonder if that will be a speech/charisma roll versus an intelligence roll, or if piecewise is just going to have Steve shock you.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13069 on: March 08, 2013, 11:16:54 am »

((for anyone that wants it here is a tinker concept I was thinking of Interesting ammunition idea - Use plutonium warheads in a rocket rifle due to extremely low super critical mass  :P))

((The critical mass of plutonium is 11kg (plus, it has to be spherical and 4" in diameter. Getting it any lower requires appropriate triggers, neutron reflectors, implosion geometry and tampers.). The Rocket Rifle ain't gonna cut it. Also, what you'd want is supercritical mass, but that's not really the issue.))
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 11:18:54 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #13070 on: March 08, 2013, 11:25:11 am »

Wake up again. Try to assess whether I hurt myself. If so, go to the infirmary.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13071 on: March 08, 2013, 12:53:08 pm »

"Thank you."
Thomas took the cigarettes and headed off to the VR. While he walked, it occured to him that he actually had more drugs on him than his old dealer. He shrugged it off, then stepped into the VR. He places himself upon the top of a hill, in cover. At the base of the hill, there's a fort populated with people equipped with light armor and laser pistols.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13072 on: March 08, 2013, 02:29:58 pm »

((ty, you have no idea how hard it is to condense abstract concepts down into nonverbals with possibly a couple disjointed individual words until you've tried it.

also, i think it's a little pathetic that our current "best" plans are basically: summon eldrich abomination and give it a hug vs "SMITE ME OH MIGHTY SMITER!!"))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13073 on: March 08, 2013, 04:41:52 pm »

((Happy women's day, for those who are one.))

It's not the same.....*sigh*....Yeah, let's see if Doc is available now.

Quote from: to doc
Hey, can we start the training now?

Send the message to Doc. If he says to wait, summon a virtual AM and try to spar with her in close combat, see if she can give some tips about combat besides the commom sense.

(( Perv-time is now off.))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13074 on: March 08, 2013, 06:21:10 pm »

((Welp, might as well make something like everyone else.))

Go to VR room. Give Thomas pizza before logging onto a spare machine.

Open crafting.

Browse for a large, acid resistant container and a similarly acid resistant hose. Browse the three strongest types of acid that the container and hose could be withstand.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13075 on: March 08, 2013, 07:07:19 pm »

"Ugh, the boredom. Time for socializing"
He jumps out of the couch and goes towards the Armory.
"goodday madam - "Is it ever day on the 'sword?" "- I was wondering if you had any tips regarding the use of this mass manipulation amp, seeing as of how your tips regarding the microwave amp have helped me quite a lot. Also, I heard you had designed some nifty things in your time, would it be all right for me to look at them, pretty please?"

Go to armory, bow to the AM, a nice 30 degree respectful one. ask above

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13076 on: March 08, 2013, 10:33:37 pm »

Spoiler: Celeste (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:43:09 am by leafbarrett »
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13077 on: March 08, 2013, 10:42:43 pm »

((Quick question here, what exactly are you going to use as a weapon if you have no skills in any of the weapon skills? Are you going to make robots or drones to protect you while you do nothing, or something else?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13078 on: March 08, 2013, 10:46:25 pm »

((She can always play as a pure medic.
She can make Ivan containing pokeballs.
She can use programmable auto targeting weapons.
She can use cutting torches.
The possibilities are only limited by your imagination and your tokens.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13079 on: March 08, 2013, 11:08:27 pm »

>Though I may regret it later, eat the pizza. Savor it.

>Enter VR again, load up automated field manipulators of all kinds. What are they like?

The pizza tastes like bad decisions. Fitting, really.

What size of automated manipulator you want here? The ones they use on ships to generate gravity and stuff, or ones you could conceivably use and afford.

((Sorry about the confusion.))
Charles asks one of the people nearby why there are two seemingly comatose people lying on the floor.
"They're learning a lesson." The armory master says, sitting back down now that the rush has passed.

Ahaha... ahahaha... Ahahahah! Maurice started laughing hysterically.
Lyra, he could not have said that. Neither could my inner self, or anything.
Yes, I did fail to help Charro Hootzal. Yes, at that moment he looked more like a hamburger than a person. Yes, at that time, we might have had the chance of bringing his head back in a barely revivable state if we hurried as if Death chased us, and I suggested that race against time. And yes, what happened to him is one of my greatest faults, my greatest nightmare. But his head with the rest of his body were flattened just moments later, crushed into pasta - and that was a clear casualty, which is, unfortunately, to be expected in our line of work.
 And finally-
Maurice stopped laughing and looked Lyra in the eye:
I failed him - couldn't save him - because he was already more injured than I could have helped. That is my worst nightmare, indeed - the fact that I cannot bring the already dead, those claimed by Death himself, back to life, despite them yet clinging to life, despite Mistress Medicine guiding my hand in that never-ending battle with Death - Maurice turned to face blackness before him, his voice gradually raising - that sometimes Death wins, this is my worst nightmare, and not just plain being beaten by the circumstances. Do you hear me, puppeteer? You have made a mistake! This is but your interpretation of my memories!
Fuck off from my head! I disbelieve you and all of this circus!

Defy. Disbelieve. Resist. Wake up. Whatever it takes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((@Lyra I have a slight inclination to believe that the second door (with the hamburger man/'Charro') was created by Maurice, as only he had the necessary memories, but I might be wrong. ))
[will:3+1]
The world shimmers and flickers but doesn't collapse. A phantom image of yourself appears before you.

"You're getting close. Think . An inherent flaw in what you've been doing. The flaw of faces in the clouds. Of opening doors. Think."

attempt to summon the "core" essence of my fears. hug the "Fear_Lyra" that this spawns. whisper in her ear:
"it'll be ok"
allow "Fear_Lyra to cry on my shoulder.
remember that i cannot be harmed in this place, i do not actually care what form Fear_Lyra takes, i know what Fear_Lyra wants.

((you try your ultimate denial if you want, i've got my own gambit to try. besides, Lyra wants this anyway.))

((btw, that "why here?" specifically: "why did the AM send us here? why would sending us here help us?" THAT is the question i mentioned I'd mentioned before but you misunderstood. specifically:))
"why?"
tap maurice's hand with my right hand's index finger five times while saying:
"here, neutral. Armory, watching, makes doors. showing? maze? teaching?"

You've been watching too much anime my friend~

((Oh No, You called me Brucie, people only do that when I'm fucked...))
This is incredibly intense!

"...ould thank Miss Faith for this idea."

You wake up, bound with your arms behind you and the doctor standing in front of you.

"Ah good, you're awake." He says casually twirling a knife between his fingers. "Hold this for a moment." He jams the knife into your chest. You choke and gasp as it punctures a lung and you gurgle your own blood.

"I have made you immortal. To age, to sickness and to...most damage." he says, walking across the room and picking up a tray of knives. "You're still quite vulnerable to burning. And vacuum exposure. Try not to get spaced, that will actually kill you permanently. Or shot in the head. You'll live but you'll lose all those precious memories and be what amounts to dead."

He stabs you in the stomach.

"You may have noticed that I didn't remove your capacity to feel pain."

He pulls the knife out of your chest and you can see, amongst the blood, that the knife has been corroded.

"Ah, good. Body regenerates so well it will destroy any foreign material. That means no robot parts or enhancements. To be blunt, you're stuck as you are right now. You will go no stronger as far as your body is concerned.You are forever trapped in this moment. "

He puts a few more knives into you.

"It's a small price to pay for immortality, I think."

A few more knives.

"Oh, and one other thing. Sometimes I may need a training partner for my various disciples. Or just a punching bag. So thanks for volunteering for that position."

He plucks the knives out one at a time and shakes his head.

"Well, I have things to deal with." He says, slipping a knife into one of your bound hands. "Just cut your way free. Oh and remember to keep eating. All that blood needs to be replaced."

He walks out of the room, humming to himself.

Faith M8 Levelup: +5 Intelligence, +3 Unconventional

Examine available materials for an artificial skeleton, and check how such a procedure affects marrow and blood and such, and if there's any other physiological issues with it, like crushing your ass muscles every time you're knocked on your rear. Test some of the more common or obvious material choices against gauss and laser fire to see what difference they make vs normal bones in a subject.

See what they've got in terms of lithe, agile synthflesh humanoid-things, especially those built for avoidance, skirmishing, or melee combat.

Skeleton materials, marrow, delicate ass muscles, shooting people, agile synthflesh things.
The Procedure basically just replaces the bone. So if you just replace one bone, you're fine, but if you go for the whole skeleton you're gonna need what amount to synthetic marrow systems to do everything your bones would normally do. As per damage to the muscles and stuff, it's not significantly higher then normal or anything.

Now when it comes to an agile body, there's a synth flesh variant that is usually sold to acrobats, master mechanics and people who have to get into tight places. It uses ball joints for practically everything and is quite thin, extremely flexible and quick. You could wrap yourself around a flag pole.

Jim eats the pizza since he presumably has a mouth now and wipes the pizza sauce off his face. Then he pokes Maurice with a clean hand; that is, one not covered in pizza sauce. If Maurice doesn't wake up... Jim will go ahead and wipe the sauce off onto the man's suit.

(:P)

You shove your slice of pizza into your mouth and wipe the sauce off on maurice's suit.

"He gonna wake up soon? I kinda need him."

"Yeah, give him a minute."

((Oh, I've nearly forgotten!
Happy International Women's Day to our female players!  :) ))
((-> Skyrunner and everyone else :D Thanks for that Nik!

From here...

Feyri shifted the nine tokens in her palm as she mused by the side of the armory.

Nine. Only nine. Enough for an MKII. Should insulate it if I'm getting a metallic shield. Don't know how heavy it can be though...presumably I could ask for stabilizers into making it a personal shield along with a gun support...Hmm.

"Excuse me, AM?..."

Purchase an MKII.

Trade in the old shield for a metallic one; inquire if it could be made as a personal, mobile shield. Along with slight modifications for endurance and deftness - easier to handle when traversing rough terrain, or something I can carry on my back while having my arms free for other uses.

Quote from: PW > TCM
You feed your lizard pizza. He seems happy but mildly confused. That done, you start handing out pizza to anyone who wants it/trusts you enough not to ask if you washed your hands before making it.

The fools.
((XD))
You trade in your shield and 2 tokens for something quite similar to this
http://www.keiththompsonart.com/images/full/gunnershield.jpg
And a MKII for 5 tokens.

"Someone paid for your purchase to be upgraded to a MKIII. So you can get it from your locker in a bit."

((Piecewies no
no
why you ignor me peicewise
i am a valued plahyer too))

Jobasio hopped up from his hospital bed, discarded his earlier ideas and glanced around, stroking his chin like some trainee supervillain.
'I have a most excellent idea...'

>Sneak a large quantity of hospital-grade anaesthetic out of the infirmary.

You look around. No one is looking. You sneak over to one of the Nurses stations and start raiding the drawers. You put a few handfuls of sealed syringes, pills and anything else you find in your pockets and then slink out.

"Nothing to see here, folks."

Wake up again. Try to assess whether I hurt myself. If so, go to the infirmary.
Yeah, you're fine. It's one of those "Comedy comas".

"Thank you."
Thomas took the cigarettes and headed off to the VR. While he walked, it occured to him that he actually had more drugs on him than his old dealer. He shrugged it off, then stepped into the VR. He places himself upon the top of a hill, in cover. At the base of the hill, there's a fort populated with people equipped with light armor and laser pistols.
How advanced you want this fort to be? Realistic UWM military or just a big concrete building for you to shoot at people?

((Happy women's day, for those who are one.))

It's not the same.....*sigh*....Yeah, let's see if Doc is available now.

Quote from: to doc
Hey, can we start the training now?

Send the message to Doc. If he says to wait, summon a virtual AM and try to spar with her in close combat, see if she can give some tips about combat besides the commom sense.

(( Perv-time is now off.))
Yes. In fact I've found you a new sparring partner.

((Welp, might as well make something like everyone else.))

Go to VR room. Give Thomas pizza before logging onto a spare machine.

Open crafting.

Browse for a large, acid resistant container and a similarly acid resistant hose. Browse the three strongest types of acid that the container and hose could be withstand.

Why do I have the feeling that we're gonna end up with another ClF3 flame thrower?

"Ugh, the boredom. Time for socializing"
He jumps out of the couch and goes towards the Armory.
"goodday madam - "Is it ever day on the 'sword?" "- I was wondering if you had any tips regarding the use of this mass manipulation amp, seeing as of how your tips regarding the microwave amp have helped me quite a lot. Also, I heard you had designed some nifty things in your time, would it be all right for me to look at them, pretty please?"

Go to armory, bow to the AM, a nice 30 degree respectful one. ask above

"I can tell you that once you have it you never need a gun again. Just buy ammo and throw it at people. That or, if you prefer melee, use it to get in multiple blows at a time. Nothing scares a person like someone walking toward them with a dozen swords just floating around them. That or just use it on the people you're fighting against. Tear off limbs, throw them through walls, whatever gets the job done.

And I made things, yeah. Ask simus about it whenever she gets back."

Looks like Renen may have a new friend. Welcome aboard.

Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 2101