_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5737494 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13170 on: March 10, 2013, 01:35:32 pm »

Yeah, when you say "lithe" I imagine something more like this, not something like this. Although I guess if you want a 12 foot tall woman wearing nothing but a chainmail string bikini, I suppose we can do that. Although you're gonna attract Renen like a goddamn moth to a flame thats shaped like a female moth doing a striptease.
((Hence "lither," though that's probably not a good comparison anyway.

Basically I want something that is:

-Pretending to be at least vaguely human
-Fairly fast and agile
-Still tough and strong enough to consider selective melee combat
-Preferably a good climber/wriggler into spaces

Which made me think a four-armed-ish digitigrade human would be a good place to start. I'm having difficulty finding a good image, though this is at least vaguely close. Maybe this if you stripped a bunch of stuff off.

Speaking of which, I dismissed the acrobat because I was assuming it was very strange-looking and too thin to be particularly durable or reinforceable, but now it's occurring to me that some of all of those might not be true. So:

-What does the acrobat look like?
-How does it compare to other synthflesh models in terms of speed, strength, agility, toughness, etc? How wise an idea would melee combat be with it?
-How well-armored is a standard synthflesh braincase, and how feasible and effective would it be to armor or otherwise defend it further? Would the acrobat be any less viable for that due to a lack of chest space?))

Well the solid metal bones that they use in synthflesh bodies and in Feyri's are the strongest. You could do what amounts to "plating" your bones in metal in such a way that they're still porous and able to function normally, and that would make them stronger, but not as strong as solid metal. Ie, you can take a gauss round to the skull but you are going to be concussed with a skull fracture and possible brain swelling. Not a good day.
((Would replacing the skull entirely and plating everything else affect blood flow or similar? How much would that process cost, assuming synthflesh skeleton metal? Just how strong would that be, in terms of tanking laser rifle and gauss fire, and how would one go about repairing them, if necessary?))

Berzerk in a normal body or standard, free robot body is going to cause damage. Less on the robot body, obviously, but you'll still be worse for wear. Synth-flesh should be able to survive it with minimal or no damage (from yourself, at least) while a MK III will probably still end up injuring the user because they're still over exerting themselves.
((Interesting. How much stronger would each of those options be in combat, though? I'd basically like to run some melee tests against cyborgs or something using each option.))

Nonacrobat synthflesh, acrobat details, skeleton plating, berserk mode testing.

((Also, Irony. What are you doing with something like Andariel? O_o))
((Making a second archdemon, obviously. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13171 on: March 10, 2013, 02:06:07 pm »

Quote from: To Maurice
He's not so dangerous. As dangerous as a panicking man in pain can be, though. Don't know why Doc left the pain in him, maybe to assure he doesn't get too cocky and go everywhere without any weapons or armor. I need to catch him alone, Doc said he is the training partner for his disciples, just to have someone I can go all out and avoid the problem of searching for a new person that could die easily, like when I unfortunately had to kill you.

Please don't try to help, Doc sent me to do this as training, just like the fight with Ivan when he had started to become an Altered.

((@Lenglon: Renen is focused on his job, no perv mode, except if any of the new girls is naked. My test with the perv mode showed normal results. Renen already knows not to mess with the AM, and maybe he's a little more cautious with the perv mode around her.))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13172 on: March 10, 2013, 02:26:51 pm »

Quote from: MSanctor to Renen
I see. Good luck, then.
Poor guy. Also, despite giving upgrades, the Doctor left the pain in him - could that be a sign of the Doctor's deeply benevolent nature, an answer to my question? That can't be petty nastiness, I think - that would be beyond the dignity of a man of his caliber.
Or, more likely, it is more practical that way, and my question is still unanswered.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 02:46:05 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13173 on: March 10, 2013, 03:49:37 pm »

Quote from: James Kelly to Bruce Thomson
I'm not sure anyone's qualified to answer that question except for the Doctor himself. Listen. I know it may not seem like it but pain can be a good thing. It lets you know when part of you is hurt or needs attention. If he had taken pain away, it's possible that at some point you could lose an arm and not notice until an hour later. Or you could get shot several times and not even feel it. With pain, if you do get shot, you can alert everyone else, maybe get some meds, and let the team know they're in danger.

(By the way, want to buy a permanent painkiller? Only three tokens. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13174 on: March 10, 2013, 03:55:31 pm »

(By the way, want to buy a permanent painkiller? Only three tokens. :3)
((Thanks for reminding me that in addition to figuring out what useful things I want to do with my tokens, there's always the allure of Nyars' shiny mystery boxes. :<))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13175 on: March 10, 2013, 03:57:23 pm »

((@Lenglon: Renen is focused on his job, no perv mode, except if any of the new girls is naked. My test with the perv mode showed normal results. Renen already knows not to mess with the AM, and maybe he's a little more cautious with the perv mode around her.))
((i'm not to worried about that tbh, i've had a couple plans of action in case of such things since before i even applied to join the game. however the way you go about capturing bruce could cause... reactions. i'm being very carefull about perspective and what Lyra knows and doesn't. you're about to walk into the room and assault and attempt to kidnap a paniced, blood-covered, naked man who has been screaming "dont take me back", your own message told me he's been experimented on, and the only justification i've got for this is that it's "for his own good" and that justification came from the person about to try to kidnap him. the key question here is if bruce will make it to the rec room before you reach the armory. if you attack him unprovoked in the armory (where lyra is)... my hand will be forced, ya' know? (course, with 0 str and no weapons i dont have much of a hand, but still...) ))

if someone attempts to kidnap the blood-covered screaming man (BCSM) where i can see it happen, dash between the man and his assailent and block the attacker from advancing on the BCSM. if i can't get between them in time grab the attacker from behind and hold him back until the BCSM can get out of the room. if the BCSM attempts to kill the attacker rather than flee, attempt to split them up.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:49:27 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13176 on: March 10, 2013, 04:02:37 pm »

((Just got the best idea for making tokens. A token for a look inside the capsules. Greater choice!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13177 on: March 10, 2013, 04:03:33 pm »

(I would apologize, Irony, but I'm really, really not sorry. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13178 on: March 10, 2013, 04:41:10 pm »

((Everyone is also assumed to have the wristpads, it is like the clothing and the tokens. I'm inclined to think everyone probably already has it on their wrist when they are spat out of stasis.))
((I'm going on the assumption that they were included with the clothing that came out of the box.))
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13179 on: March 10, 2013, 04:46:10 pm »

((I am really impatient for an update right now, I know shouldn't be but this is the most important moment for Bruce in his entire, and now long lasting, life.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13180 on: March 10, 2013, 04:51:54 pm »

With a blank stare Maurice looked at the kiosk wall, trying to ignore the screams and desperate pleas of help behind his back.
What have you become, doc? Giving up a person to a life of torture?
But what right do I have to spare him of his pain? Pain is basis of life, and as long as he is aboard the Paracelsus' Sword and the Doctor is around, that guy won't have rest. The only way to relieve him of his pain for once and for all would be to kill him, and it is against my beliefs to leave someone to the sweet embrace of Death - not to mention that, apparently, it is rather hard to kill him.
So, would you stomach his torment just because of your petty beliefs? Remember, that sort of things - damned egoism and indifference, survival at others' suffering - is also what you have always abhorred.
But I am already drafted for the next mission, the team depends on me to help them - how can I give them up now?
The same goes for that poor soul, doc.
Augh... Though there might be an alternative. But I need to know it's worth it.

Quote from: MSanctor to Renen
In your opinion, given your knowledge of your master's preferred training methods and testing, how much suffering will this position of training partner bring onto that poor guy?
... I don't care for the ugliness of the truth, we both know each other well enough not to bother with sweet half-lies.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13181 on: March 10, 2013, 04:53:45 pm »

((...Oh. Pain tolerance is based on END. Well poo. Any chance I could make a personal request for Celeste's pain tolerance to be based on WILL instead? Otherwise I probably should have had PW do a roll for every other step Celeste took to make sure she didn't flop over from pain on a low roll due to having 0 END. Her pain tolerance is inspired by my mom, who worked through a fractured shoulder and torn muscle in the shoulder for a solid week under the assumption that it was a really bad strain. Besides, wouldn't it make more sense for pain tolerance to be based on WILL?

Another question. Is there any way for characters to... I guess exercise or study or something to that effect to bolster stats slightly while waiting for missions, or do stats come strictly from missions?))
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:03:18 pm by leafbarrett »
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
sig text

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13182 on: March 10, 2013, 05:15:59 pm »

Another question. Is there any way for characters to... I guess exercise or study or something to that effect to bolster stats slightly while waiting for missions, or do stats come strictly from missions?))
(( Yes, there is. As far as I remember, Piecewise said that a person who spent a large portion of a mission training in one field, could get a slight increase in the corresponding stat or skill - a single skillpoint raise, for example. There is a gym in the rec room, if you are interested, just remember that training injuries are very real. ))
Past Sigs

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13183 on: March 10, 2013, 05:20:58 pm »

((Another question. Is there any way for characters to... I guess exercise or study or something to that effect to bolster stats slightly while waiting for missions, or do stats come strictly from missions?))
(( Yes, there is. As far as I remember, Piecewise said that a person who spent a large portion of a mission training in one field, could get a slight increase in the corresponding stat or skill - a single skillpoint raise, for example. There is a gym in the rec room, if you are interested, just remember that training injuries are very real. ))
((And Celeste has 0 END and STR... meaning that gaining either will be risky as hell without some kind of safety buffer. :c Is there a library or something of the sort for studying, for INT?))
sig text

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13184 on: March 10, 2013, 06:14:39 pm »

((Another question. Is there any way for characters to... I guess exercise or study or something to that effect to bolster stats slightly while waiting for missions, or do stats come strictly from missions?))
((And Celeste has 0 END and STR... meaning that gaining either will be risky as hell without some kind of safety buffer. :c Is there a library or something of the sort for studying, for INT?))

((I believe the Armory Master would have lots of books, and there's a bunch of historical and educational stuff on T.V. And if I'm correct, there's a library somewhere.

Also, there's the Virtual Reality Machines in the Recreation Room where inmates can do a lot of creative things. A favorite pastime on board is designing new weapons and equipment to be sold in the Armory.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 2101