_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732165 times)

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13185 on: March 10, 2013, 06:32:18 pm »

((Another question. Is there any way for characters to... I guess exercise or study or something to that effect to bolster stats slightly while waiting for missions, or do stats come strictly from missions?))
(( Yes, there is. As far as I remember, Piecewise said that a person who spent a large portion of a mission training in one field, could get a slight increase in the corresponding stat or skill - a single skillpoint raise, for example. There is a gym in the rec room, if you are interested, just remember that training injuries are very real. ))
((And Celeste has 0 END and STR... meaning that gaining either will be risky as hell without some kind of safety buffer. :c Is there a library or something of the sort for studying, for INT?))

((I believe the Armory Master would have lots of books, and there's a bunch of historical and educational stuff on T.V. And if I'm correct, there's a library somewhere.

Also, there's the Virtual Reality Machines in the Recreation Room where inmates can do a lot of creative things. A favorite pastime on board is designing new weapons and equipment to be sold in the Armory.))
((Oh trust me, I already plan on doing that. A lot.))
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13186 on: March 10, 2013, 06:40:13 pm »

Remember, gravimetric distortiom grenades must be made.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13187 on: March 10, 2013, 06:55:29 pm »

Jim, seeing that Maurice and his partner is awake, offered a pair of right hands - one for him, one for Lyra - back to their feet. "Maurice, good news. You've been drafted. Get your stuff together; as soon as I contact the others we're out of here." He patted Maurice on the shoulder and sent out a mass message.

Quote from: James Kelly to Milno Endrasi, Gorat Ivanos, Pancaek Nilys, Maurice Sanctor
Congratulations! The four of you have been hand-chosen by me to come along and likely get your mind fucked by unknown entities. It's sure to be a mission of fun, friendship, and lessons about sharing/caring in which we'll all grow and learn as people and definitely not in any way probably end up as brainless vegetables. :D

You have a few minutes to bug the Armory Master, but then we're meeting in the Armory. Don't be late! ;D

With that overly sarcastic message sent, Jim headed to the stasis pods to check the box of clothing and see if there was any pants that would fit him. If so, he put them on. If not, well, his nudity was everyone else's problem, not his.

Your nudity is kinda no one's problem there. You're as anatomically impaired as a ken doll. But you get a pair of pants anyways, even if you do cause them to tear apart, incredible hulk style just by walking around.

>If your team is ready, you can go ahead and get podded. Briefing will be handled on site. And don't worry about your equipment. Where you're going, you won't need it.

((Well, the 11-year-old was kinda being pursued by armed authorities. And he made the "gun" himself.)

Wake up.

"...Where am I?"

Examine current situation.
You are dumped out of a stasis pod, naked, covered in goo and immensely confused. There is an eight foot tall albino with 4 arms standing right beside you.

"Hey." He says, waving with both right hands.

Start "Duel" with Milno AI as enemy.

Shoot him. A lot.

You want him armed as he is or just him unarmed. Ie you want a fight or a cathartic execution?

"OH GODS THIS IS PAINFUL! DO YOU HAVE A KNIFE I CAN BORROW!"
Buy a knife then send a message to Jim basically saying this, bad shit has happened, meet me at the tv.

The Armory master just gives you a combat knife to make you go away. You skitter into rec room, your hands already regrown.

Milno checks his wristpad and stands up, stretching a bit. Time to prepare and move out for another mission. At least he already had an idea of how to behave now that he had been infected by that damned alien organism: not using its powers at all and staying around until he could hopefully get the thing out of him.

Apparently his resting time wasn't long, but he can already hear screaming and crazy people, as usual. Home sweet home.

Go and check the locker for equipment. If it hasn't been delivered yet, just sit cross-legged there and wait for the AM to deliver it.

Edit:
The most dangerous illusions are the ones that use these unspoken assumptions; that capitalize on your willingness to accept the rules you create for yourself and leave you trapped more by your own rationalizing then anything else. The most dangerous maze is the one you make for yourselves. Do you understand?
((I guess that means Milno's way of dealing with hallucinations so far is more or less correct. Denying the illusion instead of playing its game, that is. Or at least I hope so, since we're taking off for a mindfuckery mission.))

>Don't bother waiting, you're not bringing equipment with you on this one.

"AAH!!" Celeste stumbles backwards and falls flat on her ass at the sudden appearance of a very deranged, very bloody, very naked man with no hands who is screaming bloody murder. "W-what the fuck...?!" After taking a moment to regain her composure, she shakily gets to her feet, only to get another shock upon hearing the AM's answer. "T... Two hundred... years..." She trails off. "...Now I know why that Magister sent me here... Even if I manage to survive all 10 missions, I have nothing, nobody to return to..." She lets out a quiet, despondent chuckle. "And all because I dared to speak up in defense of innocents..." After remaining silent for a moment, she walks over to the AM.
Inquire about obtaining a knee brace or similar augment for her knee.
"Excuse me, miss... Would you be in charge of augments or the like? I need some kind of support for my knee..."

"You'd need to ask in the Infirmary for that sort of thing." the armory master says, casually cleaning the blood that bruce left behind. "If you just wanted pain killers I could sell ya those, but medical devices are his domain."

Pancaek looks at the new girl, afraid of bruce
"Ah, to be new, in such blissfull ignorance of the horrors yet to come" "Poetic""Chin up girl, at least you have the whole martyred do-gooder thing gooing for you, I got here for less kosher reasons." "Stabbing that hobo wasn't that bad, he stank anyhow" "How that hobo smelled had nothing to do with why I stabbed him, thank you very much!" "Tsk, touchy"

"anyway, I'm already at the meeting spot." He turns to the AM "So, hurl ammo without using the gun eh? sounds neat. In your experience, sensei, what is the...uh...hurliest ammo?"

Ask armory master the above, wait for Jim's meeting
"Nuclear tipped gauss cannon rounds are fun, if you can manage it. Anything works though. Even pebbles can be deadly at high speeds"

Hearing the Armory Master's words, Maurice appeared sunken.
But I said that... Except I said a lot of things and did not focus on this particular thought enough. So, lesson learned, doc: one does not cooperate with terrorists... hehehe. Oh, and one should keep to his beliefs and actions as loudly as possible if he wishes to be heard.
I think I do. Point taken, ma'am.
Then, as he heard the 'good news', his smile blossomed again, yet with greater grinning overtones than usual. As he was helped to stand up, Maurice nodded firmly:
Will do.
Oh, and your new body is certainly shiny and novel, Jim. Good thing the voice remained practically the same.

Now, Lyra, I must thank you for your cooperation and patience. You'll prove a valuable addition to the HMR Corps. Just... don't let your shyness stand between you and your survival, and you'll be fine.

Having said that, he turned to the Armory Master:
That was valuable experience, ma'am, and I thank you greatly for it. One day that knowledge and that experience might save us, I am certain.
May I ask you for supplies for the next mission now?

Inquire. Unless the Armory Master says 'no', continue speaking, otherwise stop bothering her: Do you have any empty advanced kits available, or, failing that, just an assortion of basic instruments one might need for repairs & fixes as well as construction? You know, a hammer, an axe, a shovel, a set of spanners, a set of screwdrivers, Lineman's pliers, that sort of things?
(( Basically, a hammerspace worth of basic aux/handi tools and instruments. ))

At a glance Maurice noticed a couple of faces he did not recognize as well a new message on his wristpad. His smile widened as he read the list of addressees.
The Snark will join us. Good. We have a chance.

(( Blissful ignorance, oh how sweet it is :P ))
Steve cuts in.
>Don't bother with equipment. You won't be needing it for this trip.

"Psychological warfare training?" Charles timidly asks, "Is there anyway you could teach me how to inflict similar effects onto people? I used to be a psychiatrist so that's probably all I'll be useful for. Assuming my illness hasn't corroded away my skills as well. I will eagerly await your answer, though I have some business attend to right now."
He then turns towards Bruce "You do realize this is the armory right? You seem panicked or psychotic probably from shock. I'll help get you to the infirmary."
Charles helps the poor wounded man to the infirmary.
((Sorry anailater, but Charles has no idea whatsoever of your circumstances.))
"You'd need an Amp. I use the universal one, but any of the ones that allow for biochemical manipulation will work."

The man is already long gone.
((And you had to go on with a pre-adolescent criminal? Seriously? Despite the setting being a chaotic universe with a dictatorial government, they'd be punishing Eleven year olds with this kind of treatment? Hell. Given what we've seen, even in that kind of class-based society there would at least be some kind of laws regarding the jurisdiction of juveniles and 'breaking the law'. He's not even a teenager.

E: Still, PW accepted it. Disregard. Just please don't do anything horrid or demeaning. Or at least in the mind of something other than what is moral or ethical. Please.

Seeing that, this makes the whole universe even more twisted. I mean, there was another sheet of the same age and PW didn't accept it. Comparing both, at least yours has better reasons. I guess.))
Wouldn't be the first time kids got thrown in here. Sometimes whole families do if a particularly brutal regime is cleaning house.
"Err, nothing. Its just that somebody on this ship - an inmate, I bet, you don't think its Milno? Well, Its sort of a Purchase an MKII and get a MKIII upgrade for free. Saved me eight tokens."

Feyri smiled at the woman, giving her an "Don't be afraid, we're not out to hurt you." before facing Jim.

"It's...just I've never expected such generosity."

((MKIII O_o))

Spoiler: Feyri Nirel (click to show/hide)

[ACTION]: Head over to the lockers but not to the specific area, examining my surroundings for anything of note - warning signs of a fight or an ambush or such. If done, proceed back to wherever Jim is, unless he's on a mission - if so, go find Milno.

PW: Is my inventory correct? May I shift that one point of Handiwork to Speech as I've never used Handiwork...at all?

(Not gonna let you move that point since you've been around so long. Usually the only time I let people move points is before significant use of them and/or their first mission.

The locker room shows no signs of ambush, modification, landmines or other such dastardly deeds. That out of the way, you go back to jim.

"Heh, heh. Ahh, Jobasio, you never cease to amaze me with your wiliness."
Jobasio strolled along, smiling darkly with his hands in his pockets.

>Head to the barracks, inspect contents of my locker. Is my gauss rifle there?

How about my datapad and all that shite.
Well, the lockers are in the hanger, or a room attached to the hanger. But you've got your gauss rifle and a data pad in there, sure.

>See if there's an automated manipulator that keeps the temperature over a certain area constant. If there is, look up its price. Also, look up some of the other more common personal automated manipulators, their functions and prices.

There are manipulators that can do that, yeah. Price varies depending on how long the effect lasts and how effective it is at handling extremes.

Common Manipulators are mostly those that do things like regulate gravity, halt objects of a certain mass that are going over a certain speed (stop bullets) or deflect high energy beams (deflect lasers). They're all in the 8 to 10 range.

Gorat dries himself off and gets dressed again, then notices that Jim has sent him the message that he has been accepted for the mission, and sends him a reply.

Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; to James Kelly
Thanks, Jim. I've a file that's essentially my will on my wristpad. It should be read in case that I die permanently on my wristpad. Password is 52NaNoGh0st. A copy is on my datapad that I'll leave on the ship, and I'll send you another copy later.

Get my little bit of gear in order. Leave my datapad on the ship, but take everything else, including the pill. Meet Jim at the armory.

I think you can tell by the above posts, but
>Where we're going you won't need inventories.

Message everyone.
Quote from: To Everyone
If any of you sees a guy naked, covered in blood and screaming, you know, quite normal for our daily lives, please send me a message. I'm not trying to kill him. He is an experiment from Doctor and he needs to get caught now.

From Renen.

Steve, please tell me where my partner is heading to. He is very crazy to go around doing something like this. And, any new girl aboard the ship? Just to avoid another pile like that one after I woke up.

Ask Steve. Hunt the training partner following the trail of blood he left on the floor.
You follow the blood and steve's directions to the Rec room. You step just into the room and look around. You're guessing he's the naked man with a knife hiding behind the television screaming that he doesn't want to go back.

Quote from: James Kelly to Bruce Thomson
What happened with the doctor? I'm getting ready to ship out on a mission so I don't have much time.
Quote from: Bruce Thomson to James Kelly
OH GOD IT WONT STOP BLEEDING BUT ITS GROWING BACK,IT HURTS SO MUCH BUT I'M NOT DYING OF BLOOD LOSS, FUCK THE DOCTOr FUCK THE H.M.R.C. I DIN'T WANT THIS!
Seeing the man trying to take him back to the doctor Bruce screamed even louder than he was before "NO DON'T TAKE ME BACK, HE DID THIS HES A MANIAC!"
Fight back against the man, buy a knife, go to Rec room.
((I'm enjoying this way to much.))

You point your knife at the man with the rope and scream that you would rather not return to the doctor's happy fun torture carnival, no matter how many free funnel cakes there will be.

((PW: Does the pain affect fighting rolls like end, dex and strength?
@Anaileater: You  know, fighting with nothing is good when the other guy is bare fisted too. Renen has rope and a knife.))

Quote from: To Feyri Nirel
Thanks, I am going where you are then. Doc just made him very tough but he is freaking out. Don't know why.

You can put the Averius von Raptum in the end, I didn't write it down because there is only one Renen.

He's one of Doc's experiments. He won't be permakilled and won't become a robot either, he is almost immortal right now so he'll be OK.

Go get Bruce. If the training partner tries to fight back, use slow motion mode and use the rope to tie him. If he gets a knife, use the knife and disarm him to tie him down, avoiding hitting his head.

((Don't want Jim thinking Renen is a team killer. Or anyone. But Maurice already knows that, and only him.))

[Renen will:5]
[Bruce dex:2-1]
[Renen dex:1+2]
Bruce attempts to look as intimidating as possible by doing a bunch of showy kungfu moves. In the end all he does is manage to stab himself in the elbow somehow. Despite this and Renen's inhumanly enhanced capacities, the best renen can do is manage to get hold of Bruce's wrist.

Yeah, when you say "lithe" I imagine something more like this, not something like this. Although I guess if you want a 12 foot tall woman wearing nothing but a chainmail string bikini, I suppose we can do that. Although you're gonna attract Renen like a goddamn moth to a flame thats shaped like a female moth doing a striptease.
((Hence "lither," though that's probably not a good comparison anyway.

Basically I want something that is:

-Pretending to be at least vaguely human
-Fairly fast and agile
-Still tough and strong enough to consider selective melee combat
-Preferably a good climber/wriggler into spaces

Which made me think a four-armed-ish digitigrade human would be a good place to start. I'm having difficulty finding a good image, though this is at least vaguely close. Maybe this if you stripped a bunch of stuff off.

Speaking of which, I dismissed the acrobat because I was assuming it was very strange-looking and too thin to be particularly durable or reinforceable, but now it's occurring to me that some of all of those might not be true. So:

-What does the acrobat look like?
-How does it compare to other synthflesh models in terms of speed, strength, agility, toughness, etc? How wise an idea would melee combat be with it?
-How well-armored is a standard synthflesh braincase, and how feasible and effective would it be to armor or otherwise defend it further? Would the acrobat be any less viable for that due to a lack of chest space?))

Well the solid metal bones that they use in synthflesh bodies and in Feyri's are the strongest. You could do what amounts to "plating" your bones in metal in such a way that they're still porous and able to function normally, and that would make them stronger, but not as strong as solid metal. Ie, you can take a gauss round to the skull but you are going to be concussed with a skull fracture and possible brain swelling. Not a good day.
((Would replacing the skull entirely and plating everything else affect blood flow or similar? How much would that process cost, assuming synthflesh skeleton metal? Just how strong would that be, in terms of tanking laser rifle and gauss fire, and how would one go about repairing them, if necessary?))

Berzerk in a normal body or standard, free robot body is going to cause damage. Less on the robot body, obviously, but you'll still be worse for wear. Synth-flesh should be able to survive it with minimal or no damage (from yourself, at least) while a MK III will probably still end up injuring the user because they're still over exerting themselves.
((Interesting. How much stronger would each of those options be in combat, though? I'd basically like to run some melee tests against cyborgs or something using each option.))

Nonacrobat synthflesh, acrobat details, skeleton plating, berserk mode testing.

((Also, Irony. What are you doing with something like Andariel? O_o))
((Making a second archdemon, obviously. :P))
(Now I'm thinking something like Mistral)

But yeah, the acrobat looks pretty similar to the standard, just about a foot taller, little less muscled so it can move more freely. And it's still strong and durable, just like the normal one. You wouldn't be able to take Jim in an arm wrestling contest, but you could still bend steel between your fingers.

The normal and robot bodies are gonna have about the same strength, which you saw before with renen. MKIII and synth-flesh would be in about the same complete murder league, but the MK III wouldn't be able to handle the stresses for long.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13188 on: March 10, 2013, 07:21:40 pm »

"O.k. calm now, I suggest you let go of my wrist, I still have a knife, and I would rather kill everyone one on THIS WHOLE FREAKING SHIP, than go back to that madman."
Give the guy grabbing me a few seconds to let go, if he doesn't stab him, aim for the eyes, if anyone tries to stop me, if anyone tries to take me back stab them, aim for the head or the heart.
((If I go down, I go down with sipit in my heart, and a fight in my life.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13189 on: March 10, 2013, 07:37:31 pm »

"Oh yeah."

Fight Unarmed Milno whilst using the Colt .45
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13190 on: March 10, 2013, 07:47:16 pm »

((I am really impatient for an update right now, I know shouldn't be but this is the most important moment for Bruce in his entire, and now long lasting, life.))
((Really? I would have thought that'd be the events leading up to his current condition, rather than wriggling free of someone sent to capture and temporarily gut him.))

((And Celeste has 0 END and STR... meaning that gaining either will be risky as hell without some kind of safety buffer. :c Is there a library or something of the sort for studying, for INT?))

((I believe the Armory Master would have lots of books, and there's a bunch of historical and educational stuff on T.V. And if I'm correct, there's a library somewhere.

Also, there's the Virtual Reality Machines in the Recreation Room where inmates can do a lot of creative things. A favorite pastime on board is designing new weapons and equipment to be sold in the Armory.))
((We also have access to the internet, which from what we've seen is still full of nonsense but also useful stuff. You might try researching something or otherwise training mental stats on there.

Though, I don't recall anything about training injuries, and for the most part I'd think the infirmary could patch you up relatively easily.))

Remember, gravimetric distortiom grenades must be made.
((I still prefer compact robotic servants that curl into a ball when not in use.

Ninja'd by PW. I feel joy.))

(Now I'm thinking something like Mistral)
((Huh. A bit excessive on the arms, but could certainly do worse.))

Examine side effects, if any, of replacing skull with metal entirely, but just plating everything else. Compare cost and benefits of that, full plating, and full replacement.

Examine effects of berserk mode in a battlesuit, if any. See if overdrive mode while berserking is any different from either on its own.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13191 on: March 10, 2013, 07:53:14 pm »

((I am really impatient for an update right now, I know shouldn't be but this is the most important moment for Bruce in his entire, and now long lasting, life.))
((Really? I would have thought that'd be the events leading up to his current condition, rather than wriggling free of someone sent to capture and temporarily gut him.))
((It's the entire arc I'm interested in, I see no good ending for me, the doctor can't die but he can put me in a state of eternal torture, I cant die but I can be made brain dead, I'm possibly antagonizing Jim by threatening to perma-kill team members and on top of that The A.M. might just go Nope and rip me to pieces atom by atom, I just want to see which one happens and how quickly.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13192 on: March 10, 2013, 08:03:13 pm »

"Wha...who a..."

Wait. Wait. This guy's a weird giant stranger with four arms...and I'm in some kind of goo...and naked...thius must be a dream, right?

*looks at hand*

One, two, three, four, five...shavings. This isn't a dream.

Try to locate some clothes while pretending the four-armed person isn't there.

((Who's playing the four-armed guy, anyways?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13193 on: March 10, 2013, 08:05:49 pm »

((SeriousConcentrate runs Jim, the psychic four-armed synthflesh robot ex-clone, who is actually one of the most ethical and most dangerous people on the ship.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13194 on: March 10, 2013, 08:19:33 pm »

((SeriousConcentrate runs Jim, the psychic four-armed synthflesh robot ex-clone, who is actually one of the most ethical and most dangerous people on the ship.))
((...Well, okay then. OOC, I'm in good hands. IC, WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13195 on: March 10, 2013, 08:24:39 pm »

((Too bad Jim is an amp user. He could dual wield rifles with no penalty.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13196 on: March 10, 2013, 08:37:19 pm »

Jobasio carefully picked up his beloved gauss rifle, running an affectionate hand over her smooth, metallic surface as he checked for any damage.

"Hello, girl. I've missed you," he murmured softly, "How are you feeling? I'm sorry about that whole  'almost getting us both killed' business. I promise I will be taking 
far better care of you in future... For starters, we really should get you a name."

Sling my rifle over a shoulder and head off to the armoury, hands in pockets. Observe the goings-on there.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13197 on: March 10, 2013, 09:27:05 pm »

I'm possibly antagonizing Jim by threatening to perma-kill team members

(It's a good thing Jim doesn't know about that threat, because no offense but anyone who starts murdering while I'm around is going to get killed themselves. ^^^;)

Jim looked at the kid in the goop, fascinated. "That's funny. I didn't think children could end up in the HMRC. Other than that one girl we brought back when Mesk killed her parents," he said. He hadn't met many kids - he'd never been one himself, for one thing. He offered the boy a hand up. "Come on, boy, on your feet. You should get dressed. Clothes are in this box here," he said, offering one left hand up to the child and pointing at the box with a right hand. He looked over his shoulder at Feyri, who had rejoined him here. "Uh... help me out a little?" he asked. She was a woman and more importantly she had been a kid at some point herself and had had a sister. She'd probably know what to do in this situation. At the very least, the kid would probably react better to her than to him.

"Anyway... my name is James Kelly. Most people around here just call me Jim. This is Feyri Nirel. She's a good woman, and I like her very much," he said, not sure if the boy was old enough to understand relationships yet. Hell if Jim himself did, for that matter. "What's your name?"
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:45:50 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13198 on: March 10, 2013, 10:03:27 pm »

"...I'm Grate. Don't laugh, it's better than my little sister's name."

Put on the clothes.

"Where am I?"
Sig

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13199 on: March 10, 2013, 10:20:35 pm »

"I won't. I've heard worse. One of the guys on the mission I'm going on is named after a breakfast food," Jim said, smiling to show that he was both joking and serious at the same time. "This is the Paracelsus's Sword, commanded by a wetware AI named Steve. You'll recognize his voice when you hear it because he speaks in a sort of northern green tone." He looked around the area. "And this is the stasis room at the back of the barracks. It's where everyone in the HMRC wakes up once Steve feels like getting them out of stasis. Hold on a second."

Jim touched a few buttons on his wristpad and brought up the ship map, then showed the image to Grate. "This is everywhere you can go. You should have some coins in your pants pocket there. They're called 'tokens' and the Armory Master will exchange equipment for them. Anybody tries to take your tokens, your equipment, or tries to kill you, you tell me, and I'll lay them out. Same goes for you, too, of course. No theft or murder and we'll get along fine." He gave the boy a reassuring pat on the shoulder while trying to think of something else useful to tell him.

"...One other thing. There's a lot of staff in the medbay, but only one that we call Doctor," he said, in such a way that the capital D could be clearly heard. "If I were you, I would stay away from him if I could avoid it. He tends to experiment on the unwary. Before she lost her body, Faith was a walking medkit and this one guy - Cog, I think his name was - looked like a weird husk thing of some sort. He got vaporized somehow." He sighed. "Anyway, you should be fine on-board for now. Feyri's gonna be here, and most of us - myself included - are going to be away on missions for the next bit."

"It's not that bad, though, and there are ways to kill time. For example, there are some virtual reality machines in the Rec Room. A lot of us use them to make designs and such, but you can also fight in them, explore randomly generated worlds, make your own environments to relax in, that sort of thing. TV and exercise machines are there as well. The Armory Master will sometimes give out stuff like food if you ask nicely, but I haven't asked her for anything yet." He didn't eat, drink, or smoke, for one thing. "Anything else you wanna know before I head out for my briefing?"

(Too bad Jim never knew about the incident with Faith and the poor speech rolls with the kids, or I would be warning Grate to stay away from her. :P)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:22:31 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 2101