_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 880 881 [882] 883 884 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5713914 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13215 on: March 11, 2013, 07:27:24 am »

((Do I really want to leave physical training to a -1 roll in both END and STR? Celeste's arm could break off or something silly like that, for all I know.))
((ER silly isn't what you'd normally call comedic silly. It involves direct facts regarding science and physics - the composition of the target materials and what the situation at hand is. Rolls may be justified in the general 1,2,3,4,5,6, but their results vary. A lot.

Your arm won't break off silly :P Its just that you're more susceptible to having concussions, bruises, impacted bones if we're talking about physical fighting...But still, those aren't your forte. Capitalize on your forte! And no. That -1 won't get you killed just like that.))

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13216 on: March 11, 2013, 08:18:45 am »

((You know, this makes me wonder. What if you get a stat high enough that you can't roll anything but 6s on anything using that stat?))
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #13217 on: March 11, 2013, 08:24:00 am »

((You know, this makes me wonder. What if you get a stat high enough that you can't roll anything but 6s on anything using that stat?))
((There are implants called decompensators that'll help reduce or prevent overshoots that occur with sixes. Someone who actually reaches that level of stats should be able to afford them.))

No equipment? What kind mission is this?

Go pod-diving.

((Hang on, Gorat didn't hear the bit about getting podded and getting on-site briefing, did he?))

"So we'll go to briefing now, or how will it work this time?"

If Jim still wants a meeting at the armory, go there. Otherwise, act according to Steve's answer, likely by getting podded.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 05:34:13 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13218 on: March 11, 2013, 08:44:38 am »

((Do I really want to leave physical training to a -1 roll in both END and STR? Celeste's arm could break off or something silly like that, for all I know.))
((ER silly isn't what you'd normally call comedic silly. It involves direct facts regarding science and physics - the composition of the target materials and what the situation at hand is. Rolls may be justified in the general 1,2,3,4,5,6, but their results vary. A lot.

Your arm won't break off silly :P Its just that you're more susceptible to having concussions, bruises, impacted bones if we're talking about physical fighting...But still, those aren't your forte. Capitalize on your forte! And no. That -1 won't get you killed just like that.))

((Well, if she rolls a 1 on dexterity (resulting in falling or hitting herself with something) and a 1-1 on endurance (implying she did so in the most damaging possible way), it is entirely possible she will sustain terrible damage. Perhaps not permanent death (which would probably be possible mostly on 6 vs. 1 melee combat situations, like with Cog and Floki), but certainly severe injury. And that opens up brand new avenues of... interesting things that may happen.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13219 on: March 11, 2013, 08:57:33 am »

((Well, if she rolls a 1 on dexterity (resulting in falling or hitting herself with something) and a 1-1 on endurance (implying she did so in the most damaging possible way), it is entirely possible she will sustain terrible damage. Perhaps not permanent death (which would probably be possible mostly on 6 vs. 1 melee combat situations, like with Cog and Floki), but certainly severe injury. And that opens up brand new avenues of... interesting things that may happen.))
((the odds of that happening are no different than the odds of an overshoot causing the same kind of stupid thing. i wouldn't worry about it.

if you are worried about it anyway, buy an exoskeleton. there's a cheap +3 to Str and End one lying around somewhere.))
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:01:25 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13220 on: March 11, 2013, 09:02:54 am »

((I also think Celeste should avoid exercising lest a string of bad rolls ends up with her terribly wounded or temp dead.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13221 on: March 11, 2013, 09:44:12 am »

((I also think Celeste should avoid exercising lest a string of bad rolls ends up with her terribly wounded or temp dead.))
((However, this still raises a concern of what will happen to her in an actual mission setting. At least here, she has a safe(r) environment with which to try to strengthen herself. She doesn't have that in an actual mission.))
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:46:41 am by leafbarrett »
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
sig text

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13222 on: March 11, 2013, 09:51:16 am »

((However, this still raises a concern of what will happen to her in an actual mission setting. At least here, she has a safe(r) environment with which to try to strengthen herself. She doesn't have that in an actual mission.))
((another option is to find someone who is willing to use their actions simply making sure you dont hurt yourself. having a spotter makes things safer after all.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13223 on: March 11, 2013, 09:54:29 am »

((Not quite. You see, the best way to survive a mission is to avoid taking damage in the first place. With a MKI suit you are hardly protected at all from most sources of damage. And as a medic with no combat skills whatsover (aside from, say, ramming a Scout Eye into an enemy's nostril, which she doesn't need to be present for anyway), she is probably better off staying back from anything dangerous entirely at this point. She may not have any strength or endurance, but that just means she should keep away from situations that are likely to require it.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13224 on: March 11, 2013, 09:55:13 am »

((Remember that missions don't necessarily mean fighting. You can always hang back and provide support. We wouldn't have survived mission 8 if there wasn't someone with AUX skill to pilot the shuttle. Stay out of fighting and only help with things you're good at, that's my suggestion.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13225 on: March 11, 2013, 10:02:17 am »

(( If I may suggest, you can also buy one of the two cheaper sub-exoskeletons (see my sig) and have your 0-strength problem solved - that was what they were designed for in the first place, after all. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13226 on: March 11, 2013, 10:51:06 am »

((Well, I dunno if she's gonna have the tokens left over after she gets her knee fixed up, provided the doc is able to do that in the first place.))
sig text

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13227 on: March 11, 2013, 11:01:14 am »

((Thankfully health coverage is free here, at least for getting you back into fighting shape.  If you want the fancy upgrades, you either have to pay for them or sell yourself to the Doctor, and he can be... unpredictable.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13228 on: March 11, 2013, 11:15:03 am »

((Thankfully health coverage is free here, at least for getting you back into fighting shape.  If you want the fancy upgrades, you either have to pay for them or sell yourself to the Doctor, and he can be... unpredictable.))
((If the Doc tries to do any experimenting with Celeste, he's likely to end up with just a dead lump of flesh. Celeste is too frail for that.))
sig text

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13229 on: March 11, 2013, 11:17:17 am »

((If the Doc tries to do any experimenting with Celeste, he's likely to end up with just a dead lump of flesh. Celeste is too frail for that.))
((not THIS doc, he revives the dead on a regular basis.))
Pages: 1 ... 880 881 [882] 883 884 ... 2101