_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686022 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13245 on: March 11, 2013, 03:54:46 pm »

((...no, goldenrod isn't taken, yes jim is the person mentioned on tvtropes, yes faith has the bezerk button, and yes, jim waited for you.))
(Good, neat, I need to stay away from her, and excellent.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13246 on: March 11, 2013, 03:57:22 pm »

((...no, goldenrod isn't taken, yes jim is the person mentioned on tvtropes, yes faith has the bezerk button, and yes, jim waited for you.))
((no need to avoid her, she keeps it under control))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13247 on: March 11, 2013, 04:00:30 pm »

(He's been patient. ^^^ Goldenrod isn't taken as far as I know. And yeah, the TVTropes page is rather woefully out of date. ^^^; Jim's actually been doing a lot better, sort of. Got ninja'd but didn't feel like editing this OOC section. :P)

"Pancaek Nilys. I'm not sure why it's named the Paracelsus's Sword, but I think it's a reference to an old story of some kind. The Sword is a ship; I'm not sure how big it is, although I'm certain it's a lot bigger than the area we're confined to. For all I know it could have multiple such 'prison' areas on-board. I'm not sure where North Green is, just that that's what it sounds like. As I said, there's seven rooms we're allowed access to, but I'm sure there's more we don't see."

Jim thought for a moment. "I don't know what you're doing here; if it helps, I'm here because I'm outdated technology and Feyri is here for jaywalking. The corridors aren't that long, or at least they won't seem to be once you're used to them. It's probably to keep us in shape, though. Most people won't try to kill you; the only guy who was a threat to the rest of us got put down. I don't know who Diane is, sorry. Transport ships to take us down to whatever planet our mission is on. I haven't met much of the medical staff but I'm given to understand they're just average people doing a job. I'm not sure where in the galaxy we are, other than on the Sword. Faith is in a robot body and in the VR machines right now."

He pointed at Feyri standing nearby. "She's Feyri Nirel. We go on all kinds of missions. The most recent one I was on was evacuating a colony that was under quarantine because of alien nanomachines." He furrowed his eyebrows for a second. "I just realized that four of the five missions I've personally done so far have involved aliens. Uh, anyway. The VR stuff is in the rec room. I never had a chance to eat the food; I got put in a robot body after my first mission. Sorry. You should be able to get water in the rec room, along with food."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13248 on: March 11, 2013, 04:10:15 pm »

(( If Celeste really wants good personal bodyguard protection she could always get a boyfriend. Thomas and Jim are good boyfriends since they protect their significant others with lethal force, and are quite snugly. Last time I checked there were plenty of single vets on the ship. ;P))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13249 on: March 11, 2013, 04:45:00 pm »

((I also think Celeste should avoid exercising lest a string of bad rolls ends up with her terribly wounded or temp dead.))
((However, this still raises a concern of what will happen to her in an actual mission setting. At least here, she has a safe(r) environment with which to try to strengthen herself. She doesn't have that in an actual mission.))
((As someone who spent a while with -1 Str, -1 End, and -1 Will, I can tell you it's obnoxious but usually isn't instantly fatal or anything. You'll crumple to pain more often, and temporarily die when you might have struggled on sometimes, but usually End rolls aren't really a dividing line between permadeath and not. There are exceptions.))

((Thankfully health coverage is free here, at least for getting you back into fighting shape.  If you want the fancy upgrades, you either have to pay for them or sell yourself to the Doctor, and he can be... unpredictable.))
((If the Doc tries to do any experimenting with Celeste, he's likely to end up with just a dead lump of flesh. Celeste is too frail for that.))
((not THIS doc, he revives the dead on a regular basis.))
((Yeah, that'd just give him ideas for an undying servant.))

((Okay, one of you has to go ask the Doc to sing now.  Bonus points if you get him and the AM to compete in either a karaoke contest or a freestyle match.))
((Yes. YES. This MUST be done. Ask him to dance too. I'll bet he does an epic tapdance routine. Like, could get a job as a Disney villain good.))

((Okay, one of you has to go ask the Doc to sing now.  Bonus points if you get him and the AM to compete in either a karaoke contest or a freestyle match.))
((Quick, who's got the most charisma and highest speech?))
((No one has a bonus to either.  Feyri and May are even and on the ship, so they're volunteered.))
((Most Cha is Jim at 8. Nevermind the -1 to said rolls from class. Most useful Cha is May at 6, and several other people at 5 (Faith, Renen, Maurice, Thomas, etc).

Highest Speech is 2.

So everyone's either even or terrible at Speech rolls, but we do have several +1/3 Cha rolls running around.))

((no need to avoid her, she keeps it under control))
((More importantly, those delicious legs of yours can't be very fast.))

(( If Celeste really wants good personal bodyguard protection she could always get a boyfriend. Thomas and Jim are good boyfriends since they protect their significant others with lethal force, and are quite snugly. Last time I checked there were plenty of single vets on the ship. ;P))
((Those two are taken though. Then again, Jim has four arms, so that's plenty of hugging/shoulder rest power, and Thomas has sort of a hardboiled thing going on, so I could see him with a mistress. Especially one he knows is no good for him.

As far as single vets, I'm sure Renen's always available, Mesk is totally a doctor trust me, Maurice has some depressed philosopher overtones and supposedly he's not taken by Simus, Flint is a movie star, Brother Lars is a deeply spiritual man, and all of the aforementioned have 5 Cha. Chin only has four Cha, but supposedly he's got other advantages.

Also why did I spend that long turning ER into a dating sim.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13250 on: March 11, 2013, 04:46:58 pm »

"I'm on a spaceship? Cool! Are there any windows?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13251 on: March 11, 2013, 04:53:16 pm »

stuff
((i'd forgotten about the legs, but yeah, PW's sig...

and you suggested Rennen? lol. well, he would be effective but...))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #13252 on: March 11, 2013, 04:53:50 pm »

As far as single vets, I'm sure Renen's always available, Mesk is totally a doctor trust me, Maurice has some depressed philosopher overtones and supposedly he's not taken by Simus, Flint is a movie star, Brother Lars is a deeply spiritual man, and all of the aforementioned have 5 Cha. Chin only has four Cha, but supposedly he's got other advantages.
((I'd claim to be innocent if I thought anybody would believe me :p. And Gorat would say that one mission doesn't make him a vet.))
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:56:58 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13253 on: March 11, 2013, 04:59:00 pm »

(He's been patient. ^^^ Goldenrod isn't taken as far as I know. And yeah, the TVTropes page is rather woefully out of date. ^^^; Jim's actually been doing a lot better, sort of. Got ninja'd but didn't feel like editing this OOC section. :P)
We actually have a lot of other colors ^^

Spoiler: Colors! (click to show/hide)

((She needs friends, she hasn't met most others on the Sword and she's getting along quite well.))

((Lastly...how is Lenglon's character's legs delicious?!))

((I don't know "how tall for your age" is as I'm basing it on those I see here. We're...practically shorter than most other people - males are taller.))

Feyri knelt down until she was at Grate's height and smiled, knowing that her faceplate was up. "Hey there Grate. Nice to meet you." As a greeting, she held her hand out in a handshake gesture, and after such: "As Jim said, we're all here for...trivial reasons. Things going along 'crimes to society', as they state. Where society means the current area you lived in before getting here. Don't worry though, you're lucky to have met us, there are many aboard this ship who aren't as amiable."

That didn't sound right.

"-but that's just my opinion. Anyway, VR machines mean Virtual Reality, I'm sure you've heard of them - able to experience realistic scenes from a terminal and all."

She smiled. "As for windows, no. We don't have them. Unlike the stories about spaceships in the modernized age, back when our years were recorded in the twenty first century, we did dream about these things and all the amenities they could offer. Windows are a space for vulnerability, a hole could easily create a vacuum in the ship. What we rely on are scanners and holograms - haven't seen much of the latter though."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 05:00:34 pm by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13254 on: March 11, 2013, 05:00:13 pm »

(@Irony: Because you can? :P Actually that's all most of us vets do, it seems like. And I don't know if Jim is 'taken'. It's more like

Jim -Confused Friendship / I Wanna Know What Love Is-> Feyri
Feyri -~♪Best Friends Forever♪~-> Jim)

"There might be monitors connected to an outside view of the ship. You would have to ask Steve, though. If you want to talk to him, just say something like 'Steve, when's lunch?' He'd probably say something like 'Whenever you go get it.'," Jim said, in a passable Steve imitation. "He can hear you from anywhere."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13255 on: March 11, 2013, 05:01:41 pm »

((Flint is actually unavailable due to RP stuff. You might get him to make a relationship if you invest some time, but a) he's going to be 66 years old by the time the mission ends  b)he might not survive the mission and c) ER is  NOT a dating sim.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13256 on: March 11, 2013, 05:04:06 pm »

(Jim -Confused Friendship / I Wanna Know What Love Is-> Feyri
Feyri -~♪Best Friends Forever♪~-> Jim)
XD
((I won't spoil it yet.))

Spoiler: Feyri Nirel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:05:10 am by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13257 on: March 11, 2013, 05:15:12 pm »

((I meant GWG's character's legs, which is a reference to my speech roll shenanigans on Mission 2.))

((Flint is actually unavailable due to RP stuff. You might get him to make a relationship if you invest some time, but a) he's going to be 66 years old by the time the mission ends  b)he might not survive the mission and c) ER is  NOT a dating sim.))
((a) Ah, I didn't realize how old he was. On the other hand, some people pull of being 66 and hot alarmingly well.

b) Welcome to relationships in the HMRC.

c) I dunno man. We've got at least two, maybe three or four possible relationships, and had at least two skirt-chasers, down to one, maybe half of one now.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13258 on: March 11, 2013, 05:18:07 pm »

((Lyra may be kid-sized, but last i checked Lyra is female. Faaaaaaaiiiiiittthhh. is there something you arn't telling us?))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13259 on: March 11, 2013, 05:24:14 pm »

((I'm just saying that Jim and Thomas are good guardians, at least in that if someone hurts their partners they go into "NOPE"-mode and proceed to murder the problem to the best of their abilities. In a world where people and stuff tries to hurt you a lot, it's good insurance. It doesn't even need to be romantic or anything, just a close mutual defensive partnership thing. Celeste's going to be protected anyways based on her being a support type.

I also love how much of a Woobie-"Fluttershy" girl Celeste is. A lot of people seem to be running around screaming "I'M THE STRONGEST AND I GOT ABILITIES WOO HOO BACK UP MOTHERFUCKERS" and then promptly dying, whereas Celeste is just "I can't fight. Also, I have a bad leg. Can we be friends? :3" If the 'Death-to-Bravado" ratio is consistent, Celeste should probably end up surviving around 87 missions.

((ER's not a dating sim, but like any good dark sci-fi RPG has a good does of romance packed into the mix. On board, the options seem to be: 1. Design things. 2. Learn history. 3. Run around and do something that gets you killed or horribly altered by one of the administrators on board. 4. Romance.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 2101