_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5717075 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13260 on: March 11, 2013, 05:42:36 pm »

((Well, I know which of those Grate's going to do.))

"Thanks, guys! I hope to see you around some! Bye, Mr. Jim! Bye, Ms. Feyri!"

Head to the Rec Room and try to chat with Steve. Partway through, think of something.

"...Wait, Steve, Mr. Jim mentioned another kid they had saved after someone killed her father. Where is she?"
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:24:15 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13261 on: March 11, 2013, 05:46:53 pm »

"See ya around, Grate." He waited until the boy left, then walked over to Feyri and gave her a four-armed light hug. "I'll be seeing you when I get back, Fey. Take care of yourself." He disengaged, hands on her shoulders and upper arms for a moment, then departed for his mission.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13262 on: March 11, 2013, 05:57:51 pm »

try to chat with Steve.
((oh no, a speech roll. any guesses how THIS is going to end up?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13263 on: March 11, 2013, 05:59:55 pm »

try to chat with Steve.
((oh no, a speech roll. any guesses how THIS is going to end up?))
A 6-1?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13264 on: March 11, 2013, 06:27:08 pm »

((On board, the options seem to be: 1. Design things. 2. Learn history. 3. Run around and do something that gets you killed or horribly altered by one of the administrators on board. 4. Romance.))
((Going around asking about things that may help you remain alive is a pretty good option.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13265 on: March 11, 2013, 07:03:03 pm »

((I'm just saying that Jim and Thomas are good guardians, at least in that if someone hurts their partners they go into "NOPE"-mode and proceed to murder the problem to the best of their abilities. In a world where people and stuff tries to hurt you a lot, it's good insurance. It doesn't even need to be romantic or anything, just a close mutual defensive partnership thing. Celeste's going to be protected anyways based on her being a support type.

I also love how much of a Woobie-"Fluttershy" girl Celeste is. A lot of people seem to be running around screaming "I'M THE STRONGEST AND I GOT ABILITIES WOO HOO BACK UP MOTHERFUCKERS" and then promptly dying, whereas Celeste is just "I can't fight. Also, I have a bad leg. Can we be friends? :3" If the 'Death-to-Bravado" ratio is consistent, Celeste should probably end up surviving around 87 missions.
((I giggled at that description for some reason. If there's one thing that being a Nuzlocke runner has taught me, it's that bravado is stupid and should be tossed out the window immediately. That aside, Celeste's not a character given to bravado in the first place, even if she wasn't so frail.))
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13266 on: March 11, 2013, 09:01:18 pm »

Brother Lars is a deeply spiritual man

((You missed an excellent chance for a tremendous spiritual presence reference here.

But yeah, he's 36, a bit overweight, and is already greying a bit; not to mention nuttier than a squirrel nest.  Probably not your best pick.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13267 on: March 11, 2013, 10:14:16 pm »

"Wha...who a..."

Wait. Wait. This guy's a weird giant stranger with four arms...and I'm in some kind of goo...and naked...thius must be a dream, right?

*looks at hand*

One, two, three, four, five...shavings. This isn't a dream.

Try to locate some clothes while pretending the four-armed person isn't there.

((Who's playing the four-armed guy, anyways?))
You put on some clothes while trying very hard to ignore the giant....guy. The clothes are kinda loose.

Jobasio carefully picked up his beloved gauss rifle, running an affectionate hand over her smooth, metallic surface as he checked for any damage.

"Hello, girl. I've missed you," he murmured softly, "How are you feeling? I'm sorry about that whole  'almost getting us both killed' business. I promise I will be taking 
far better care of you in future... For starters, we really should get you a name."

Sling my rifle over a shoulder and head off to the armoury, hands in pockets. Observe the goings-on there.

You wander to the armory and sit down in a corner to watch over the events there.

Use speech and/or charisma to convince the naked man to go to the infirmary.
Naked man has vanished a while ago and is now having a knife fight in the rec room. Just another day.

Quote from: James Kelly to Maurice Sanctor
Try not to worry about it. Both Milno and I will be there to look out for the three of you and I promise I'll do my best to get us through this in one piece if there's any way possible for us to do so. Once I'm done speaking with this child here, I'll come meet you.

...I realize I should clarify that. A new recruit just woke from stasis. He couldn't even be a teenager yet judging from how inefficiently small he is. I'm giving him a run-down of the Sword so he doesn't get lost once I leave. His name's Grate. Anyway, it shouldn't be long before I join you.

If Grate has no further questions for him, Jim is ready to be briefed for the mission. If he does have further questions, Jim will answer them and then head to the briefing.
Remember, get podded. Briefing is later after the pods for this one.
((And Celeste has 0 END and STR... meaning that gaining either will be risky as hell without some kind of safety buffer. :c Is there a library or something of the sort for studying, for INT?))
((I believe the Armory Master would have lots of books, and there's a bunch of historical and educational stuff on T.V. And if I'm correct, there's a library somewhere.

Also, there's the Virtual Reality Machines in the Recreation Room where inmates can do a lot of creative things. A favorite pastime on board is designing new weapons and equipment to be sold in the Armory.))
((We also have access to the internet, which from what we've seen is still full of nonsense but also useful stuff. You might try researching something or otherwise training mental stats on there.

Though, I don't recall anything about training injuries, and for the most part I'd think the infirmary could patch you up relatively easily.))
((Do I really want to leave physical training to a -1 roll in both END and STR? Celeste's arm could break off or something silly like that, for all I know.))

"Damn... So, it seems dealing with this Doctor is going to be unavoidable already... Thank you."
Go to the infirmary.
You go to the infirmary and look around. There are lots of doctors  and nurses around, including one particular one in round glasses wearing a respirator mask.

((You know, this makes me wonder. What if you get a stat high enough that you can't roll anything but 6s on anything using that stat?))
((There are implants called decompensators that'll help reduce or prevent overshoots that occur with sixes. Someone who actually reaches that level of stats should be able to afford them.))

No equipment? What kind mission is this?

Go pod-diving.

((Hang on, Gorat didn't hear the bit about getting podded and getting on-site briefing, did he?))

"So we'll go to briefing now, or how will it work this time?"

If Jim still wants a meeting at the armory, go there. Otherwise, act according to Steve's answer, likely by getting podded.

>Just get podded

How much would a microwave automanipulator that completely nullifies laser rifle hits cost, if that's even possible?

Well it wouldn't be microwave but you could get one that does that, yeah.

"Well, time to dance"

Go to the rec room to stock up on spoons, then attempt to moonwalk to the pods. If moonwalking fails, normal walking will do just fine.
You moonspoon straight to the pods.
((Well, I know which of those Grate's going to do.))

"Thanks, guys! I hope to see you around some! Bye, Mr. Jim! Bye, Ms. Feyri!"

Head to the Rec Room and try to chat with Steve. Partway through, think of something.

"...Wait, Steve, Mr. Jim mentioned another kid they had saved after someone killed her father. Where is she?"

>Oh? You mean the one this group saved? Unless jim knows more then I realized.

"O.k. calm now, I suggest you let go of my wrist, I still have a knife, and I would rather kill everyone one on THIS WHOLE FREAKING SHIP, than go back to that madman."
Give the guy grabbing me a few seconds to let go, if he doesn't stab him, aim for the eyes, if anyone tries to stop me, if anyone tries to take me back stab them, aim for the head or the heart.
((If I go down, I go down with sipit in my heart, and a fight in my life.))
I don't want to kill you, but if you DARE to try something on me, I will show you why I am Doc's disciple and why I was one of the few that got out uninjured from the fight with Ivan, the Altered.

Use bullet time, disarm and tie the guy and if he tries to attack, stab his spine, leave the knife there and then tie him to drag him to Doc.

[renen dex:5]
[bruce dex:2-1]
Renen twists Bruce's arm behind his back, and in a flurry of perfect movements, proceeds to shove him to the ground and hog tie him.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13268 on: March 11, 2013, 10:19:51 pm »

Jim gets podded.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13269 on: March 11, 2013, 11:01:53 pm »

Quote from: To Doc
Partner caught. Going to the infirmary. Should I stab his spine, just to make sure he doesn't get loose?

Now, let's get going, shall we.

Quote from: To MSanctor
The truth: A LOT of pain, but this is good, since he can start to overcome it. Even me, as Doc's disciple, have suffered a little, but on the good side he will get some training from the sparring sessions and listen to the teachings of Doc himself. It's not like it'll only be suffering, he will also have the opportunity for some development, I think. My Master can think in different ways than the others. With this guy, it must be the melee training. If he was a being without pain, I'd be sorry for him because pain is important for the body and I denied the chance to have it taken from me.

Disarm and take the partner to Doc. If he starts trying to escape shove the knife in the base of his spine and leave it there.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13270 on: March 11, 2013, 11:02:18 pm »

Milno also gets podded.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13271 on: March 11, 2013, 11:21:52 pm »

Quote from: MSanctor to Renen
I see. At least I'm glad that we see eye to eye on pain presence.
Good luck with your training. See you after the mission. If I make it, of course ;- )
Hum Ode to Joy. Get podded.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13272 on: March 11, 2013, 11:27:43 pm »

((I'm still wondering how this mission will be handled, since the mission thread is already having a good amount of activity from the year-long one already. I already thought about it but the ideas still don't seem right.))
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13273 on: March 11, 2013, 11:38:08 pm »

((Quicktopic?

It's totally different, so maybe it's some MMO roguelike he whipped up in his spare time.  Or it'll be hosted on Youtube.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13274 on: March 12, 2013, 12:09:50 am »

Wait, which manipulator would be used for that particular purpose? Vector? I was talking about a microwave manipulator that keeps one's temperature so consistent that laser rifle hits just wouldn't be able to heat it up quick enough before it returns to normal.
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 2101