_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686021 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13275 on: March 12, 2013, 12:40:51 am »

((You missed me:))

(Now I'm thinking something like Mistral)
((Huh. A bit excessive on the arms, but could certainly do worse.))

Examine side effects, if any, of replacing skull with metal entirely, but just plating everything else. Compare cost and benefits of that, full plating, and full replacement.

Examine effects of berserk mode in a battlesuit, if any. See if overdrive mode while berserking is any different from either on its own.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13276 on: March 12, 2013, 01:33:56 am »

((Is there a way to do something similar to a critical strike except using charisma and speech instead of intelligence and strength?))
Charles attempts to calm down the mentally disturbed man and convince him that going to the infirmary would help solve his problems.
((Yes, I'm trying to use a speech or charisma roll on Bruce to hypnotize him.))
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:09:08 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13277 on: March 12, 2013, 01:43:24 am »

((Is there a way to do something similar to a critical strike except using charisma and speech instead of intelligence and strength?))
Charles attempts to calm down the mentally disturbed man and convince him that going to the infirmary would help solve his problems.
((Yes, I'm trying to use a speech or charisma roll on Bruce.))
((you're trying to calm down the man Rennen just hog-tied and is hauling off to the infermary. good luck with that.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13278 on: March 12, 2013, 02:57:43 am »

"Urg, Fuck You Mate."
Don't stop struggling, I am not going back, if I an get my knife I can cut these ropes, just don't fucking give up, theirs no happy ending for me, but I'm still gong to try, otherwise whats the point.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13279 on: March 12, 2013, 03:26:43 am »

After a moment, Jobasio strolls over to the kiosk, nodding respectfully to the AM.
"Hello, Ma'am. How goes the Armory Mastering today? Well, day, night... You know what I mean, I'm sure."
He patted the rifle slung over his shoulder and raised his brows hopefully. "I was wondering if I could get a nice, blue coat of paint for my rifle? Cloud blue is such a calming colour, you know, perhaps it would have some beneficial effect on accuracy."

He shrugged, then went on. "Could I also trouble you for a few sheets of paper, a pair of sunglasses, a pack of gum and a throwing dart, if it's not too much to ask? I've a few things I wanted to get done before I'm next thrown into the grinder."

>Politely request a few items from the ever-lovely Armory Master.

>Shopping list:
Coat of blue paint for gauss rifle
Sheets of paper
Sunglasses
Pack of gum
Throwing dart(s)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #13280 on: March 12, 2013, 05:18:56 am »

Go get podded.

((I guess we're off to be some kind of guinea pig for an alien/experimental machinery.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13281 on: March 12, 2013, 07:22:11 am »

"Time for some mindfuckery, I suppose" "Don't forget your gun" "I don't think we'll need that where we're going" "at least put on your suit" "right"

Put on MK.II, Get podded for adventure

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13282 on: March 12, 2013, 11:08:15 am »

((He can follow while talking, just don't try to free Bruce from Renen's grip.))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13283 on: March 12, 2013, 02:50:11 pm »

"Yup, that's the one I was talking about. Do you know where she is, Mr. Steve?"

Continue to the rec room's door. Look inside to see if there's anything or -one who looks dangerous.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13284 on: March 12, 2013, 03:34:04 pm »

Approach the doctor in the respiratory mask.
"Um... excuse me... Are you the doctor in charge here?"
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13285 on: March 12, 2013, 03:51:22 pm »

Jim gets podded.
POD GET
Milno also gets podded.
Double POD GET

Quote from: MSanctor to Renen
I see. At least I'm glad that we see eye to eye on pain presence.
Good luck with your training. See you after the mission. If I make it, of course ;- )
Hum Ode to Joy. Get podded.
Triple POD GET
Go get podded.

((I guess we're off to be some kind of guinea pig for an alien/experimental machinery.))
Quad POD GET

"Time for some mindfuckery, I suppose" "Don't forget your gun" "I don't think we'll need that where we're going" "at least put on your suit" "right"

Put on MK.II, Get podded for adventure
COMPLETE POD GET

((Quicktopic?

It's totally different, so maybe it's some MMO roguelike he whipped up in his spare time.  Or it'll be hosted on Youtube.))
Haha, you clearly hold me in higher regard then I do.

Wait, which manipulator would be used for that particular purpose? Vector? I was talking about a microwave manipulator that keeps one's temperature so consistent that laser rifle hits just wouldn't be able to heat it up quick enough before it returns to normal.
Ah, I suppose you could do that too. The effects would be the same, over all, although you wouldn't get the neat "lasers bursting across your chest in a spray of ricocheting photons"  effect.

((You missed me:))

(Now I'm thinking something like Mistral)
((Huh. A bit excessive on the arms, but could certainly do worse.))

Examine side effects, if any, of replacing skull with metal entirely, but just plating everything else. Compare cost and benefits of that, full plating, and full replacement.

Examine effects of berserk mode in a battlesuit, if any. See if overdrive mode while berserking is any different from either on its own.

Thats weird, I remember writing that post to...oh well.

Basically, No real bad side effects except for the fact that a full skeleton in a human body will slow you down. Metal is heavy after all. Cost wise plating is actually more expensive because it's more complex. And in reality getting a synth-flesh body will cost about the same as getting your body regened and skeleton plated. Because the higher level you are the more it costs to regenerate.

And no, can't berzerk in a battle suit. You'll just break the motion sensors.

((Yes, I'm trying to use a speech or charisma roll on Bruce to hypnotize him.))
(I suppose you could convince someone to turn around and then stab them in the kidneys or something similar. Speech roll for distraction.)

[speech:1+1+1]

You walk up to Bruce as he's being dragged away and try to convince him of the fact that his painful immortality and future as a punching bag is all a lot better then it sounds.

[bruce will:4+1]

"Oh then how about we change places then, smart guy? Hey, Mr.Dickhead taking me back, you heard the man, he wants to go in my place! Jackass."

After a moment, Jobasio strolls over to the kiosk, nodding respectfully to the AM.
"Hello, Ma'am. How goes the Armory Mastering today? Well, day, night... You know what I mean, I'm sure."
He patted the rifle slung over his shoulder and raised his brows hopefully. "I was wondering if I could get a nice, blue coat of paint for my rifle? Cloud blue is such a calming colour, you know, perhaps it would have some beneficial effect on accuracy."

He shrugged, then went on. "Could I also trouble you for a few sheets of paper, a pair of sunglasses, a pack of gum and a throwing dart, if it's not too much to ask? I've a few things I wanted to get done before I'm next thrown into the grinder."

>Politely request a few items from the ever-lovely Armory Master.

>Shopping list:
Coat of blue paint for gauss rifle
Sheets of paper
Sunglasses
Pack of gum
Throwing dart(s)
You get handed your miscellaneous junk, with the warning not to stick your gum under the tables in the Mess hall.

"Because we can use your DNA to track you down. And we will. And then then maintenance guys will get their biggest, hardest wrenches..."

Quote from: To Doc
Partner caught. Going to the infirmary. Should I stab his spine, just to make sure he doesn't get loose?

Now, let's get going, shall we.

Quote from: To MSanctor
The truth: A LOT of pain, but this is good, since he can start to overcome it. Even me, as Doc's disciple, have suffered a little, but on the good side he will get some training from the sparring sessions and listen to the teachings of Doc himself. It's not like it'll only be suffering, he will also have the opportunity for some development, I think. My Master can think in different ways than the others. With this guy, it must be the melee training. If he was a being without pain, I'd be sorry for him because pain is important for the body and I denied the chance to have it taken from me.

Disarm and take the partner to Doc. If he starts trying to escape shove the knife in the base of his spine and leave it there.
"Urg, Fuck You Mate."
Don't stop struggling, I am not going back, if I an get my knife I can cut these ropes, just don't fucking give up, theirs no happy ending for me, but I'm still gong to try, otherwise whats the point.

Bruce struggles impotently in his rope prison but he can't free himself. Renen drags him all the way back to the training room in the back of the infirmary.

"Ah, good." the doctor says looking down at bruce and motioning for renen to hand him his knife. "Welcome home."

"Yup, that's the one I was talking about. Do you know where she is, Mr. Steve?"

Continue to the rec room's door. Look inside to see if there's anything or -one who looks dangerous.

>Somewhere where Inmates are not allowed, I'm afraid.

You wander to the rec room. It looks safe...except for all the blood...

Approach the doctor in the respiratory mask.
"Um... excuse me... Are you the doctor in charge here?"

He's wandered off between then and now. Oh well, plenty more doctors in the Infirmary.

Everyone who just got podded, please follow me over here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123854.0

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13286 on: March 12, 2013, 04:07:01 pm »

"Aw, I wanted to meet her. I was hoping to have someone close to the same age as me...What's the chance someone would find another kid on one of these 'mission' things? And what do you mean, 'inmates'? Are these people all criminals? Even Mr. Jim? What did he do? What did you do, Mr. Steve? Where are you? Are you okay?"

Cautiously enter the rec room, looking for the VR machines. Figure out which is the least bloody.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13287 on: March 12, 2013, 04:27:49 pm »

Ooh. Look up automated gravity manipulators in their various forms, such as the grav-chute, presumably. See if there are any adjustable automated gravity manipulators. Once again, name costs and differences in functionality.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13288 on: March 12, 2013, 04:59:38 pm »

Celeste sighs. "I know I don't stand out much, but still..." Self-consciously, she turns to a nearby doctor, asking, "Excuse me, who should I talk to about getting a knee brace?"
Continue trying to find a doctor to talk to about getting a knee brace installed.
She watches as the man from earlier is hauled past her, apparently to be returned to the "Doctor". She felt a little sorry for the man, but there was nothing she could do.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:33:27 pm by leafbarrett »
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13289 on: March 12, 2013, 05:08:16 pm »

(( I am about to do the single most suicidal action in this entire story arc. ))
"Hi Honey!"
Spit on his face, I won't bow down to the devil.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 2101