_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 886 887 [888] 889 890 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5685739 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13305 on: March 13, 2013, 05:39:05 am »

((Is there a way to do something similar to a critical strike except using charisma and speech instead of intelligence and strength?))
Charles attempts to calm down the mentally disturbed man and convince him that going to the infirmary would help solve his problems.
((Yes, I'm trying to use a speech or charisma roll on Bruce to hypnotize him.))
((Make Charisma the new Cunning stat. or Intelligence so at least those rolls will be of note.))
((@Piecewise, people in robot bodies can still increase their stats right?
Also if i were to design a sexy new robot body [...]))
in no way humanoid[...]
...>.>
((You do know what you're talking about. Right? I'm assuming you used the wrong word.))

Feyri wiped away a tear - her faceplate was up and her visor moved to do so - as Jim left. He didn't see it, of course, but so did Grate. Why she was tearing up, she didn't know. Either at the fact of seeing a young child sent to this hell, or that things changed. Changed in a way that even dreams would be rendered impossible.

Sure, he was a four-armed humanoid. Nothing like any real person. But Feyri still felt drawn towards him - the soul beneath the shell. "Take care Jim. Only a few more missions..."

Second worry. The child. She didn't know what to do with her time on the ship; this was obvious. Now, there was something left. Hope. Grate won't be suffering what the others had, or at least in the way they did.

Milno.

Even the young aren't spared from the tyranny of the "law". New faces every mission. In only hours of passing time. Or...was it years? Am I still in my twenties?

Still. These people don't even look like convicts. I don't sense any sort of malice in their intentions. The new people - women and men. It seems like nobody is spared from the dictatorship.

Damnit. Why isn't anyone doing anything.

Head to the Recreation Room and examine the area, try to find a VR that's mostly able to simulate a fully realistic environment.

Also, try to check if the Sword has any quintains. For sword practice - to be answered by Steve if possible.

And also if possible, head to the locker room and check my locker.

((Quicktopic?

It's totally different, so maybe it's some MMO roguelike he whipped up in his spare time.  Or it'll be hosted on Youtube.))
Haha, you clearly hold me in higher regard then I do.

((After you pulled this off, I wouldn't put anything past you.))
((Toaster knows his work when he knows it ^^

Because really. That is one great creation there. Everyone else also believes the same - we're just not saying it to save thread space.  :P))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13306 on: March 13, 2013, 05:49:37 am »

((No i did mean in no way humanoid... i just meant vehicle sexy and not people sexy))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13307 on: March 13, 2013, 06:04:59 am »

Dammit leaf i demand you make the gravimetric distortion grenades... i even told you how to make them.

They may require slight tweaking but they will be cheap as fuck once you buy the automanipulator.
((Yes yes, I'll get around to it at some point. I'm going for practicality first, and those don't help me and the people around me not go squish. As I mentioned before, I'm a Nuzlocke runner. As such, my mindset is, "How can I increase the survivability of myself and my allies?" Besides, can I even afford an automanipulator at this point? Or rather, will I be able to after I get Celeste's knee worked on?))
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13308 on: March 13, 2013, 06:09:38 am »

((Getting weird there, Pariah. :P

I am curious about robot bodies, though. I assume custom ones would indeed cost something, since custom is always more expensive, but it'll be interesting to see if there's a workaround or how they feel about giving you spares to tear apart and rebuild as quadrupeds or something.))

((Yes yes, I'll get around to it at some point. I'm going for practicality first, and those don't help me and the people around me not go squish. As I mentioned before, I'm a Nuzlocke runner. As such, my mindset is, "How can I increase the survivability of myself and my allies?" Besides, can I even afford an automanipulator at this point? Or rather, will I be able to after I get Celeste's knee worked on?))
((I'm actually looking forward to this conversation.

"Can I have a knee brace? I have a medical condition, you see, and-"
"Can't we just cut your legs off and give you new robotic ones?"
"...no?"))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13309 on: March 13, 2013, 06:10:15 am »

((...Or rather, will I be able to after I get Celeste's knee worked on?))
((Stevecare means free healthcare for all. There was a brain damaged blind guy that they made able to see again for free. They'll get you back to perfect fighting shape for free, even if that means replacing your bones with synthetic ones... or better, if you get the Doctor to do it.))

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13310 on: March 13, 2013, 06:54:12 am »

((I'm actually looking forward to this conversation.

"Can I have a knee brace? I have a medical condition, you see, and-"
"Can't we just cut your legs off and give you new robotic ones?"
"...no?"))
((Truthfully, Celeste would be better off having parts of her body replaced with robotic prosthetics, but... I dunno, it just feels wrong somehow. At absolute most, she can have her legs replaced beneath the knee, a la Emi from Katawa Shoujo. (Which may be necessary on her left knee, as I don't see how her biological lower leg can remain connected if the entire knee is replaced. If just the bones are fixed, then that may work, but the muscles are an issue too, since they attached to the malformed bones, and... you get the point, it's just a huge mess.) So basically, what I'm saying is that you may have a more logical argument than you probably thought.
Also... well, I guess malformed bones is a medical condition. Celeste's bones in general aren't formed quite right, but her left knee healed improperly after a break, so the bones there are pretty crooked.

Nobody answered my question of why pain tolerance is tied to END and not WILL...))
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
sig text

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13311 on: March 13, 2013, 06:59:32 am »

Here he is. Can we start now? How much damage can a baton inflict? They are close to swords but their use may require strength.

Ask Doc. Wait for his response.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13312 on: March 13, 2013, 07:04:08 am »

Greet Ms. Feyri if I see her.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13313 on: March 13, 2013, 07:08:29 am »

Nobody answered my question of why pain tolerance is tied to END and not WILL...))
>:D

Finally.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:43:49 am by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13314 on: March 13, 2013, 07:09:20 am »

>:D
Finally.
-Ain't nobody post cause I'ma answer this thing-
Maybe END reduces the amount of painful damage in the first place??
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13315 on: March 13, 2013, 07:14:26 am »

((Nobody answered my question of why pain tolerance is tied to END and not WILL...))
Endurance: Being able to run more then 10 feet before your heart explodes and not passing out from a paper cut.
Willpower: Bending spoons and (usually) not losing your mind. Used to operate certain weapons, like psychokinetic amps.
((So, think about it this way: Endurance means fitness and toughness and willpower means the ability to use your mind and resist midfuckery.

So let's take two people. "A" has high endurance and low will and "B" has high will and low endurance. During an interrogation A would not feel as much pain (which is true in real life, since different people feel different levels of pain, I for example once fractured a rib and didn't even notice, while my brother once fractured a rib and was in constant pain for days) but might not be able to resist the interrogation for long (again, true in real life, since pain tolerance only mildly reduces the effect of the interrogation). During the same interrogation B would feel more pain, he may even pass out from the pain a lot sooner than A, however he would be more likely to resist the interrogation. Does that make sense to you or have I simply confused you more?

And sorry Tiruin for stealing your post.))
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:29:10 am by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13316 on: March 13, 2013, 07:16:12 am »

((What Paris said for brevity. Don't need to be specific anyway. :)

I ramble too much. He explains it perfectly :D

Also...on that rib. It depends on how it was fractured and where the bits go. But yes, everyone has a different pain threshold. If you'd search up on the search engines regarding such - its up to you to believe if males/females have higher than the other, most studies are still unsure on what exactly to settle upon. In ER terms, we settle for a numerical ratio to determine how much we can take.

Just to clarify. :P))
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:35:42 am by Tiruin »

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13317 on: March 13, 2013, 09:11:55 am »

[*snip*]
While it is possible to blank out pain with mental training [This is a viable biography choice]
[*snip*]
((Culled to the relevant quote in respect to my response: I'm going to assume that a lifetime of constant pain will be a sufficient substitute for mental training, considering she's a functioning member of society. As such, I have updated her biography. :3))
sig text

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13318 on: March 13, 2013, 11:16:47 am »

((Culled to the relevant quote in respect to my response: I'm going to assume that a lifetime of constant pain will be a sufficient substitute for mental training, considering she's a functioning member of society. As such, I have updated her biography. :3))
((I don't think that will work very well, if at all. Since you want to resist pain, MkII and MkIII suits are your best shot since they pump your character full of painkillers whenever you are wounded, eliminating the need for rolls.

Also remember that Endurance is not only used to resist pain, but also to check how wounded you are after being thrown through two walls, a chandelier, a mirror and two people. That's one of the reasons some armored suits give endurance - after an event that is supposed to have injured you, endurance is rolled to check how badly you are fucked up, and mind training doesn't substitute that.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13319 on: March 13, 2013, 12:06:42 pm »

((I don't think that will work very well, if at all. Since you want to resist pain, MkII and MkIII suits are your best shot since they pump your character full of painkillers whenever you are wounded, eliminating the need for rolls.

Also remember that Endurance is not only used to resist pain, but also to check how wounded you are after being thrown through two walls, a chandelier, a mirror and two people. That's one of the reasons some armored suits give endurance - after an event that is supposed to have injured you, endurance is rolled to check how badly you are fucked up, and mind training doesn't substitute that.))
((No, but it does keep you from promptly passing out.))
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:13:43 pm by leafbarrett »
sig text
Pages: 1 ... 886 887 [888] 889 890 ... 2101