_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 887 888 [889] 890 891 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5729570 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13320 on: March 13, 2013, 04:55:51 pm »

Make the populace of the fortress as bright as they would be normally. Also, designate one of them as being a higher rank than the rest. Oh, and spawn in someone from the HRMC as a spotter.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13321 on: March 13, 2013, 07:13:26 pm »

Leave the VR Machine, run around and introduce myself to the newbies.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:56:16 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13322 on: March 13, 2013, 07:46:10 pm »

Leave the VR Machine, run around and make...
((what does make mean?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13323 on: March 13, 2013, 07:56:30 pm »

Leave the VR Machine, run around and make...
((what does make mean?))

((Whoops. :3))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13324 on: March 13, 2013, 08:28:30 pm »

"Aw, I wanted to meet her. I was hoping to have someone close to the same age as me...What's the chance someone would find another kid on one of these 'mission' things? And what do you mean, 'inmates'? Are these people all criminals? Even Mr. Jim? What did he do? What did you do, Mr. Steve? Where are you? Are you okay?"

Cautiously enter the rec room, looking for the VR machines. Figure out which is the least bloody.
>Everyone here is a criminal in one capacity or another. Even me. But Mr.Jim is nice, even though he's not here right now. You should find his friend, Mrs. Feyri. She talks a lot and sometimes doesn't make much sense, but she'll keep you safe. As per what Jim did, You had better ask him. And where I am, well, thats a bit complicated. Lets just say I'm everywhere around you.

You chose the VR machine thats in the farthest corner of the room, away from all the gore.
Ooh. Look up automated gravity manipulators in their various forms, such as the grav-chute, presumably. See if there are any adjustable automated gravity manipulators. Once again, name costs and differences in functionality.
You can never adjust auto-manipulators. It's just something inherent in their design, a limitation. Once they're programmed they only do that one thing. Gravity chutes are indeed automanipulators for gravity. Gravity automanips are used mostly used to provide artificial gravity for ships or to selectively lower gravity in other areas. What they do is basically just make the effects of gravity greater or less or change it's directionality.

Celeste sighs. "I know I don't stand out much, but still..." Self-consciously, she turns to a nearby doctor, asking, "Excuse me, who should I talk to about getting a knee brace?"
Continue trying to find a doctor to talk to about getting a knee brace installed.
She watches as the man from earlier is hauled past her, apparently to be returned to the "Doctor". She felt a little sorry for the man, but there was nothing she could do.
"Sure you just don't want to, you know, replace the knee? It's the same cost, eg nothing."

(( I am about to do the single most suicidal action in this entire story arc. ))
"Hi Honey!"
Spit on his face, I won't bow down to the devil.
You spit on the doctor's face; it hits his respirator mask.

"Don't worry," The doctor says, tilting his head, "I'm inclined to forgive the actions of a dying man"

He cuts you free and hands you the knife he used.

"Now then. Renen, Disarm him without killing him."

Examine scout eye and one of those laser drones in detail, including what limits them to a single use.

See if I can find those mining exosuits. If so, examine where they get their power from and if they've got any additional features I wasn't aware of.

The scout eyes and Drones aren't single use. You just can't "Reload" them since they're not a gun.

And did you want to try and find the exosuit in the VR machine or in the ship?

Jobasio smiled slightly at the AM. "Worry not, all gum shall be disposed of in a thoughtful manner."
He carefully placed his 'purchases' into his backpack and made to leave, then stopped, his face turning thoughtful as he apparently remembered something. He turned back to the kiosk.

"Ah, I almost forgot. Do you have any... books? By which I mean, old, ancient books, the kind rich folk and magisters tend to place at strategic locations around their palaces as means to make them look intelligent in front of guests. Of course, I don't need an actually ancient copy, a reprint would be fine. Would you have anything like that?"
He tilted his head hopefully, then added, "Oh, and a paintbrush would be handy too."

>Request a paintbrush and an old-fashioned, fancy-pants book of some description.

>Then go to Rec room, place my rifle on a table and paint her a nice shade of blue. Taking care to do a neat job, of course.
You paint your rifle a nice shade of blue. Yay blue.

Charles tries to convince the man that he is clearly delusional and that he needs medical assistance from the Doctor.
He is now in the back of the infirmary, clearly beyond your help.

Jobasio smiled slightly at the AM. "Worry not, all gum shall be disposed of in a thoughtful manner."
He carefully placed his 'purchases' into his backpack and made to leave, then stopped, his face turning thoughtful as he apparently remembered something. He turned back to the kiosk.

"Ah, I almost forgot. Do you have any... books? By which I mean, old, ancient books, the kind rich folk and magisters tend to place at strategic locations around their palaces as means to make them look intelligent in front of guests. Of course, I don't need an actually ancient copy, a reprint would be fine. Would you have anything like that?"
He tilted his head hopefully, then added, "Oh, and a paintbrush would be handy too."

>Request a paintbrush and an old-fashioned, fancy-pants book of some description.

>Then go to Rec room, place my rifle on a table and paint her a nice shade of blue. Taking care to do a neat job, of course.
stand up and edge away from the apparently permanently crowded armory then, with my hands behind my back, follow the person with the blue paint.

upon reaching the rec room, find a corner to hide stand in and observe what is going on in the room. hands still held behind my back. avoid eye contact unless spoken to directly.
You follow Jackinthebox to the Mess hall.

((Is there a way to do something similar to a critical strike except using charisma and speech instead of intelligence and strength?))
Charles attempts to calm down the mentally disturbed man and convince him that going to the infirmary would help solve his problems.
((Yes, I'm trying to use a speech or charisma roll on Bruce to hypnotize him.))
((Make Charisma the new Cunning stat. or Intelligence so at least those rolls will be of note.))
((@Piecewise, people in robot bodies can still increase their stats right?
Also if i were to design a sexy new robot body [...]))
in no way humanoid[...]
...>.>
((You do know what you're talking about. Right? I'm assuming you used the wrong word.))

Feyri wiped away a tear - her faceplate was up and her visor moved to do so - as Jim left. He didn't see it, of course, but so did Grate. Why she was tearing up, she didn't know. Either at the fact of seeing a young child sent to this hell, or that things changed. Changed in a way that even dreams would be rendered impossible.

Sure, he was a four-armed humanoid. Nothing like any real person. But Feyri still felt drawn towards him - the soul beneath the shell. "Take care Jim. Only a few more missions..."

Second worry. The child. She didn't know what to do with her time on the ship; this was obvious. Now, there was something left. Hope. Grate won't be suffering what the others had, or at least in the way they did.

Milno.

Even the young aren't spared from the tyranny of the "law". New faces every mission. In only hours of passing time. Or...was it years? Am I still in my twenties?

Still. These people don't even look like convicts. I don't sense any sort of malice in their intentions. The new people - women and men. It seems like nobody is spared from the dictatorship.

Damnit. Why isn't anyone doing anything.

Head to the Recreation Room and examine the area, try to find a VR that's mostly able to simulate a fully realistic environment.

Also, try to check if the Sword has any quintains. For sword practice - to be answered by Steve if possible.

And also if possible, head to the locker room and check my locker.

((Quicktopic?

It's totally different, so maybe it's some MMO roguelike he whipped up in his spare time.  Or it'll be hosted on Youtube.))
Haha, you clearly hold me in higher regard then I do.

((After you pulled this off, I wouldn't put anything past you.))
((Toaster knows his work when he knows it ^^

Because really. That is one great creation there. Everyone else also believes the same - we're just not saying it to save thread space.  :P))

All of the VR machines can do that.

Aren't Quintains designed for Jousting? You mean just a target dummy or something.

Your locker contains:
Tesla Sabre 4:35/5:00
Gauss rifle [9/10](scoped with barrel) (+1 medium -1 short)(+1 long if scope is used)
Digital zoom 1-10x
Arming sword (str 10 needed, +2 to str when hittin if str requirement is met.)(Mark of Vo-nos)
Metal shield.
Medieval combat manual.
Laser rifle 30/30
laser rifle battery
MK III

((Getting weird there, Pariah. :P

I am curious about robot bodies, though. I assume custom ones would indeed cost something, since custom is always more expensive, but it'll be interesting to see if there's a workaround or how they feel about giving you spares to tear apart and rebuild as quadrupeds or something.))

((Yes yes, I'll get around to it at some point. I'm going for practicality first, and those don't help me and the people around me not go squish. As I mentioned before, I'm a Nuzlocke runner. As such, my mindset is, "How can I increase the survivability of myself and my allies?" Besides, can I even afford an automanipulator at this point? Or rather, will I be able to after I get Celeste's knee worked on?))
((I'm actually looking forward to this conversation.

"Can I have a knee brace? I have a medical condition, you see, and-"
"Can't we just cut your legs off and give you new robotic ones?"
"...no?"))
Hmm. Am I predictable or do the characters just have a consistent personality? You decide!
Here he is. Can we start now? How much damage can a baton inflict? They are close to swords but their use may require strength.

Ask Doc. Wait for his response.
"Depends if the baton is electrified"

Make the populace of the fortress as bright as they would be normally. Also, designate one of them as being a higher rank than the rest. Oh, and spawn in someone from the HRMC as a spotter.
ok. Did we ever go over if we want this base to be UWM standard or just a more traditional military base of lots of buildings and hangers with fences around it?

You run over to the newest recruit you can find, Grate.

"Hello Little Boy."

"I need an adult."

"I am an adult."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13325 on: March 13, 2013, 08:36:24 pm »

You run over to the newest recruit you can find, Grate.

"Hello Little Boy."

"I need an adult."

"I am an adult."

((This is terrible.  Terribly funny.  I laughed and should feel awful.  I don't.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13326 on: March 13, 2013, 08:41:13 pm »

((Oh gods. :P
Oh, did I get a book of some description, PW?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13327 on: March 13, 2013, 08:59:58 pm »

((@pw: who to the mess hall? jobasio had the blue paint, and he went to the rec room.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13328 on: March 13, 2013, 09:01:12 pm »

"I wont play your games anymore, I cant die and such I have nothing to look forward to anymore,  and you, the man who dragged me back here, just know I don't blame you for wanting power, but remember, their is always a price to pay when you make a deal with the devil..."
Drive my blade into my skull, being a vegetable is better than this eternal fate.
((I can't tell if I want this to work or not.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13329 on: March 13, 2013, 09:02:16 pm »

('Jackinthebox' is the name PW penalized Yoink with for giving his character the name Jobasio. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13330 on: March 13, 2013, 09:24:50 pm »

"Hello, Mr. Adult. Is that your real name? What's your name? What are you doing here? Both in the rec room and in the spaceship? What are you going to do to me? Will it hurt?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13331 on: March 13, 2013, 09:41:10 pm »

"Hello, Mr. Adult. Is that your real name? What's your name? What are you doing here? Both in the rec room and in the spaceship? What are you going to do to me? Will it hurt?"

"No, I am May. And a girl. I was in this room to test out a gun I got. I didn't come here, I was made here actually. By a man and the lady in the armory. I'm just here to say hi and be friends! Can we be friends?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13332 on: March 13, 2013, 09:44:26 pm »

(Oh, you're a girl?)

"Hi, Mrs. May. I suppose we can be friends. What's your favorite game or activity to play on these VR thingies?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13333 on: March 13, 2013, 09:52:36 pm »

Celeste opens her mouth to protest, but pauses. When she considers it, it doesn't seem like as bad of an option as it initially seemed. Considering her frail body and deformed knee as-is, simply replacing the joint may very well be impractical, if not impossible. "...I'll consider it... Either way, can you direct me to the doctor in charge of these procedures?"
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13334 on: March 13, 2013, 09:59:28 pm »

(Oh, you're a girl?)

"Hi, Mrs. May. I suppose we can be friends. What's your favorite game or activity to play on these VR thingies?"
((Getting him hooked already? For shame.

... Says someone who uses VR on ship most of the time. Also, I find the name of your text color fitting, GWG.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 887 888 [889] 890 891 ... 2101