_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 889 890 [891] 892 893 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686140 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13350 on: March 15, 2013, 12:49:39 am »

Try doing the same thing with a manipulator 100 times, see if any patterns emerge in the equations given. Try doing another thing 100 times, see if equations change as a whole.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13351 on: March 15, 2013, 03:05:18 am »

"No you don't understand, the price has already been payed by all of us, you know how long we've been here, over 200 years, we are given the hope of returning home but, what's there for us to return too, death was all I could hope for, and I can't even have that, so let me end it, please."
Hold my hand out for the knife, if he doesn't give it to me just slam my head on the metal walls/floor, I can't do this anymore.
((Who would have thought suicide was this hard.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13352 on: March 15, 2013, 05:07:03 am »

Charles asks the AM for psychological warfare advice.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13353 on: March 15, 2013, 05:10:12 am »

((Who would have thought immortality would be this inconvenient? :P))

Try to find and examine power source and hidden features of mining exosuits in VR. If that fails, try to find something similar and make an educated guess.

Examine propulsion systems, interface, computing parts, "armor," and cameras that scout eyes and laser drones use.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13354 on: March 15, 2013, 06:03:27 am »

((Probably anyone who's thought about it for any long length of time.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13355 on: March 15, 2013, 07:05:26 am »

Done. What's next?

Wait for doc's answer.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13356 on: March 15, 2013, 09:21:21 am »

((Probably anyone who's thought about it for any long length of time.))
((true immortality? yes. but this isn't it. you CAN force your death if you want too. this psudo-immortality would generally be a good thing, and when you finally want to die of "old age" you can force it. the lack of stat growth is not that big of a deal tbh.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13357 on: March 15, 2013, 09:37:42 am »

((You need less this and more this.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13358 on: March 15, 2013, 02:21:08 pm »

(Actually, that's true. Anytime Bruce wants to die for real, all he has to do is space himself. I'm pretty sure the Doc said that's still permanently fatal for him, as long as he's out there long enough.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13359 on: March 15, 2013, 03:08:36 pm »

"I'm not very good at those games. I wonder what else there is?"

Access the VR machine. Look at all the programs available. Go to one that's kinda...um...oh, just settle on the design program after looking at all the programs.

-----

Also, I love how PW shows his soft...or probably lenient side to Grate. Redact my fear of anything detailed happening to the kid in terms of wounds, I like him already.
Bwahaha, my plan is working!

And yeah, I just hadn't realized TCM was playing a girl.
You pull up tinker: it's a virtual worktable placed in the middle of an endless white expanse. It's got hovering monitors around it with lists of available materials and tools.

(Another addict is born)

Introduce self to more new people.
The other new person seems to be actively avoiding your gaze, happy waving, and gentle hugs.

Celeste closes her eyes and thinks for a moment. "Will the prosthetic have any kind of sensory input for touch?"
"It has a sense of pressure but not of pain or anything unpleasant like that. So you'll know if you're injured but it won't slow you down. "

Try doing the same thing with a manipulator 100 times, see if any patterns emerge in the equations given. Try doing another thing 100 times, see if equations change as a whole.
There doesn't seem to be any determinable pattern to any of it.

Charles asks the AM for psychological warfare advice.
"By that do you mean traditional psychological warfare, or do you mean using an amp to literally get inside someone's head and start punching their inner child in the stomach?"

Try to find and examine power source and hidden features of mining exosuits in VR. If that fails, try to find something similar and make an educated guess.

Examine propulsion systems, interface, computing parts, "armor," and cameras that scout eyes and laser drones use.

Well the power source is just a box on the back that holds a generator. And it doesn't have hidden features anymore then a Forklift has a secret jetpack.

The propulsion for both are small rockets, something like this. The interface for the laser drones and eyes are much the same, except the drones have more autonomous capabilities so they can be given orders and carry them out rather then having to be continuously piloted. Armor is minimal, just metal plating on the drones.

Done. What's next?

Wait for doc's answer.
"No you don't understand, the price has already been payed by all of us, you know how long we've been here, over 200 years, we are given the hope of returning home but, what's there for us to return too, death was all I could hope for, and I can't even have that, so let me end it, please."
Hold my hand out for the knife, if he doesn't give it to me just slam my head on the metal walls/floor, I can't do this anymore.
Bruce keeps bashing his head against the ground, going through cycles of knocking himself out, healing and waking up and then knocking himself out again.

"He's not much fun, is he?" The Doctor says, glancing over to Renen.

"You're not making very good use of the gift I've given you. Most people would thank their lucky stars that I've made them much more capable of survival, pain or or not."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13360 on: March 15, 2013, 03:24:27 pm »

These magic calculators sure are silly. I guess I'll return to them later.

Exit VR.

As Stacy removes the noble accoutrements of the VR addict, he shivers involuntarily.

Dang virtual reality. Always makes me feel so... disconnected.

Head to Armory. Greet Armory Master.

"Hello, miss. Something's been bothering me - what was your name? I get the feeling I should know what it is, but I seem to have forgotten."

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13361 on: March 15, 2013, 03:32:49 pm »

"Fuck You Whatever your name is, I'm going to call you Faust, I asked for strength, you made it impossible for m to gain it, I don't know what you are, but you are certainly not human, no human would be this much of a monster, if never doing anything again is what it takes i promise this, I wont play your games, or the H.M.R.C.'s I'm done, so you can keep me locked up in a steel cage, or you can kill me here and be done with it, but I will never let you win."
The Gauntlet thrown.
((Time to call The Doctor out on his bullshit.))
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13362 on: March 15, 2013, 03:39:19 pm »

"Ooh. I like this one..."

Experiment with the "tinker" program. Make the following things:

1. Some stuff I made back home, like the gun and a computerey thingy.
2. A jetpack, which works sorta like a jet. Worn like a backpack.
3. A flying tank, car, and aircraft carrier. They fly by (respectively) gravity manipulation thingies, jets, and some propellers like helicopters, respectively.
4. Some kind of gun that heals what it shoots. Somehow. What's the local phlebotinum?

See which of these are possible. Don't worry too much about practicality just yet.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 06:13:19 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13363 on: March 15, 2013, 05:54:31 pm »

((Hint: you have to specifically tell piecewise how you plan on making stuff or he will eat your turn.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13364 on: March 15, 2013, 05:58:35 pm »

Celeste opens her eyes up again. "...All right."
Follow the doctor to have her leg replaced below the knee.
((I am not entirely averse to having both legs replaced below the knee, if only for mobility's sake. Celeste might be, but at this point, she's frail enough that her other knee probably won't last long anyhow.))
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text
Pages: 1 ... 889 890 [891] 892 893 ... 2101