_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 890 891 [892] 893 894 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5685794 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Off Broadway
« Reply #13365 on: March 15, 2013, 06:02:28 pm »

((Hint: you have to specifically tell piecewise how you plan on making stuff or he will eat your turn.))
Good to know,
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13366 on: March 15, 2013, 09:56:29 pm »

((... i actually wasn't trying to avoid may, just was reminding TCM where i am. Lyra's reaction to her is really up in the air right now, depending on how May goes about saying hi.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13367 on: March 15, 2013, 10:16:03 pm »

((I am not entirely averse to having both legs replaced below the knee, if only for mobility's sake. Celeste might be, but at this point, she's frail enough that her other knee probably won't last long anyhow.))

((At least she's unlikely to fall several hundred meters...))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13368 on: March 15, 2013, 10:26:36 pm »

Introduce self to Lyra.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13369 on: March 15, 2013, 10:45:26 pm »

Introduce self to Lyra.
(( O.o a speech roll? oh this is going to be interesting. ))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13370 on: March 15, 2013, 11:15:32 pm »

"Fuck You Whatever your name is, I'm going to call you Faust, I asked for strength, you made it impossible for m to gain it, I don't know what you are, but you are certainly not human, no human would be this much of a monster, if never doing anything again is what it takes i promise this, I wont play your games, or the H.M.R.C.'s I'm done, so you can keep me locked up in a steel cage, or you can kill me here and be done with it, but I will never let you win."
The Gauntlet thrown.
((Time to call The Doctor out on his bullshit.))
((Actually, Mephistopheles would be more appropriate.))
"Traditional. I really don't want to be anywhere near an amp considering my mental illness makes me think that the universe is controlled by dice and bold text."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13371 on: March 16, 2013, 07:06:24 am »

Hey, why were you brought here? I know they arrest people for anything and I was arrested because of a date, but did you come here for being stupid?

He's no fun because he already gave up fighting. He thinks strength only will make him live. Maybe we could punch the right idea into him. What do you suggest, Doc?

Talk to Bruce. Ask Doc.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13372 on: March 16, 2013, 07:13:46 am »

((Oh gods. :P
Oh, did I get a book of some description, PW?))
Not that I see, Jackson. You want one?

((Well, I...
>Request a paintbrush and an old-fashioned, fancy-pants book of some description.

>Then go to Rec room, place my rifle on a table and paint her a nice shade of blue. Taking care to do a neat job, of course.
...was hoping for some piece of old classical literature or poetry or whatever. I wasn't very specific, just whatever the AM might give me. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13373 on: March 16, 2013, 07:15:58 am »

Hey, why were you brought here? I know they arrest people for anything and I was arrested because of a date, but did you come here for being stupid?
"Ah hell someone might as well know, I was a layabout in a bad town, I visited my friends house one day and found out he was illegal contraband, I tried to stop him, i'd heard the horror stories of the H.M.R.C. but when I tried to convince him to stop it a police raid started, he grabbed a gun and tried to fight back, he was dad before he hit the floor, I just got on the floor and hid, they thought I was buying the contraband, I was arrested and taken here."
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13374 on: March 16, 2013, 02:30:43 pm »

These magic calculators sure are silly. I guess I'll return to them later.

Exit VR.

As Stacy removes the noble accoutrements of the VR addict, he shivers involuntarily.

Dang virtual reality. Always makes me feel so... disconnected.

Head to Armory. Greet Armory Master.

"Hello, miss. Something's been bothering me - what was your name? I get the feeling I should know what it is, but I seem to have forgotten."
"Hard to forget it, considering I never gave it to you."

"Fuck You Whatever your name is, I'm going to call you Faust, I asked for strength, you made it impossible for m to gain it, I don't know what you are, but you are certainly not human, no human would be this much of a monster, if never doing anything again is what it takes i promise this, I wont play your games, or the H.M.R.C.'s I'm done, so you can keep me locked up in a steel cage, or you can kill me here and be done with it, but I will never let you win."
The Gauntlet thrown.
"My friend you should not tell me what I can and can't do. You'll find I am very persuasive. Your options are to comply and gain some knowledge and skill in the process, or be forced to comply."

"Ooh. I like this one..."

Experiment with the "tinker" program. Make the following things:

1. Some stuff I made back home, like the gun and a computerey thingy.
2. A jetpack, which works sorta like a jet. Worn like a backpack.
3. A flying tank, car, and aircraft carrier. They fly by (respectively) gravity manipulation thingies, jets, and some propellers like helicopters, respectively.
4. Some kind of gun that heals what it shoots. Somehow. What's the local phlebotinum?

See which of these are possible. Don't worry too much about practicality just yet.

1. Gun and a Computery thing? Come again?

2.We have those already. The MkIII has one built in. But it uses Rockets, not jets, since jets don't work without air. And we're in vacuum a lot.

3. Your hover tank can indeed hover and move around, though the system will be  expensive, finicky and quite silly over all. A car with jets? Well we have a tank on rockets, so a car on jets would work. An aircraft carrier held up with propellers? Uh...I dunno if thats actually possible physics wise...Not an aerospace engineer. It seems like the sort of thing that isn't possible or if it is possible, it's massively impractical and probably requires propellers 10 times the size of it.

4.Get out of here, Archimedes.

Celeste opens her eyes up again. "...All right."
Follow the doctor to have her leg replaced below the knee.
((I am not entirely averse to having both legs replaced below the knee, if only for mobility's sake. Celeste might be, but at this point, she's frail enough that her other knee probably won't last long anyhow.))
You get a nice cocktail of pain killers and one medically induced coma later you have a nice new mechanical leg. Yay mechanical legs!

Introduce self to Lyra.
[speech:May]
"Hello. One time I fucked a tiger, but that was back when I was a man."

She sort of just makes a strangled choking noise.

The Gauntlet thrown.
((Actually, Mephistopheles would be more appropriate.))
"Traditional. I really don't want to be anywhere near an amp considering my mental illness makes me think that the universe is controlled by dice and bold text."
"I dunno if I really want to give tips on psychological warfare to complete lunatics."

He's no fun because he already gave up fighting. He thinks strength only will make him live. Maybe we could punch the right idea into him. What do you suggest, Doc?

Talk to Bruce. Ask Doc.
"I'd suggest Invasive brain surgery."

((Oh gods. :P
Oh, did I get a book of some description, PW?))
Not that I see, Jackson. You want one?

((Well, I...
>Request a paintbrush and an old-fashioned, fancy-pants book of some description.

>Then go to Rec room, place my rifle on a table and paint her a nice shade of blue. Taking care to do a neat job, of course.
...was hoping for some piece of old classical literature or poetry or whatever. I wasn't very specific, just whatever the AM might give me. :P))
Hmm well actual physical books are rare. And poetry isn't my forte. So here, you now have a book. Have fun with it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13375 on: March 16, 2013, 02:43:25 pm »

"Ah. That would explain it. So, may I inquire what your name is? And if I may, what is it?"

Ask AM what her name might be.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13376 on: March 16, 2013, 02:44:24 pm »

Good to learn a bit about the program.

That was fun, although that medigun thingy seemed to cause more problems than it solved...what should I make next?

...What SHOULD I make next?

Exit VR Machine. Locate someone nearby.

"Hi, Mr/Ms! Is there something you want designed on the design thingy?"

Repeat until someone gives me a plausible idea.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13377 on: March 16, 2013, 03:01:14 pm »

look slightly below eye contact at may, make sure i can keep track of her hands. do not allow myself to adjust my posture, including stiffening or relaxing of muscles. attempt to make myself feel unafraid but nonthreatening. they can smell fear.

nod once very slightly.

((ceramic-pale misproportioned woman who introduces herself by saying she fucked a tiger back when she was a man. yep, i'd say that counts as a potential predator until i learn otherwise.))
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 03:08:53 pm by Lenglon »

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #13378 on: March 16, 2013, 03:16:50 pm »

Celeste comes to after the anesthetic wears off. "Wh... Already...? Feels like that took no time at all..." It then hits her that there is an extremely new sensation in her replaced knee. Or, to be accurate, a lack of one. The pain that she had lived with for years was gone. She stood up, testing the feel of her new limb, as the reality of having a properly functioning knee sets in. "I... I can finally walk again..." She takes a few steps and quickly realizes that years of living with a limp have taught her to subconsciously autocorrect for it; now that she didn't have a limp, this causes her to walk rather clumsily. "...This is actually going to take some getting used to, heh." She makes her way back to the armory, trying to teach herself how to walk instead of limp as she goes.
Return to the armory, albeit slightly clumsily.

Introduce self to Lyra.
[speech:May]
"Hello. One time I fucked a tiger, but that was back when I was a man."

She sort of just makes a strangled choking noise.
((Screw 5, May is clearly the best roll.))
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 03:20:06 pm by leafbarrett »
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13379 on: March 16, 2013, 03:20:28 pm »

Inquire if Lyra is a pony.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 890 891 [892] 893 894 ... 2101